New Zealand Ain't So Bad Afterall

Cameron grinned at Marleigh. He was glad she suggested walking in the park. It was a fairly romantic thing to do in the dimming sunlight. Cam stood up and took her hand. Cameron wrapped his arm around her waist. "Hold on tight." he said smiling down at her. Then he apparated to a park that he knew about. It was usually deserted like it was tonight. Cameron kept his arm around her waist. "Are you alright?" he asked, making sure that everything had gone well with his apparation.

Marleigh felt the sensation of being sucked through space and then it was gone. She looked at her hands and feet and said, "Ten fingers and ten toes," she took her fingers and ran them over her face before adding, "And I still have both eyebrows! I think I'm good!" Marleigh looked up into his eyes and then to the sky which was crystal clear and full of stars. "Absolutely beautiful," she said staring off into space.

Cameron laughed as she looked at her hands and feet. He enjoyed a good sense of humor. Cameron heard her speak about the sky being beautiful. Cameron smiled crookedly. "Yes, you are." he said softly to her. He wasn't going to pretend he didn't like this girl. She was smart, beautiful, talented and funny. What else could he want? Cameron place his hand under her chin and tilted her face upwards to him. He leaned down slowly, gently brushing his lips against hers.

Marleigh's face turned bright red when he said she was beautiful. When he kissed her it sent her head whirling. She simply did the first thing that came natural to her, she wrapped her hand around his neck and kissed him back. Her foot popped gently up behind her just like in the old movies that she consumed herself with. Marleigh pulled away and looked into Cameron's eyes. This night couldn't have possibly gotten any better if she tried. "And what was that for," she joked with him, still in his arms.

Cameron was thrilled when Marleigh kissed him back. He wrapped both of his arms around her waist, his hands in the small of her back. He was slightly disappointed as she pulled away from him. However, his face only showed his happiness. His deep blue eyes gazed down at her. She appeared to be happy, he hoped she was. Cam grinned at her. "Can't a guy kiss a pretty girl that he likes?" he said, joking back with her.

"I suppose that's generally how these things go," she said with a goofy grin and then added, "So you like me? I'm growing rather fond of you myself!" It sounded stupid, but Marleigh didn't really care. She was having the time of her life right now and was only hoping that things would get better and she knew that with Cameron things could only go up from here.

Cameron laughed as she spoke. Marleigh looked so damn adorable! He had a good feeling about her. He considered asking Raziel to look into his future and see how things went between them. But surprises were more interesting. He nodded his head at the girl. Already he didn't think he could deny her anything. "I'm rather fond of you." he teased her back, using her words. "But yes I do like you. How could I not?" he said, his eyes dancing with amusement of what might happen.

"I'm sure it's pretty hard not to," she joked and then said, "But this is just a first date. I can be stubborn, pigheaded, and a right pain in the rear when I set my mind to it." Marleigh figured being honest now was probably best. For the most part growing up it had been just her since her parents didn't have much to do with her so she'd learned to get by on her own.

Cameron laughed at her first words. She was amusing. Then he heard her second words. He knew she was being honest; it was clear in her voice. Cameron thought about what she said. Those could be negative qualities but everyone had imperfections. She was sounding more and more like his sister as she talked. He smiled warmly at her. "Its okay. I can deal with all those things. Lord knows I have had enough practice with my sister, Kiera." he said rolling his eyes. "You know, we might want to keep you away from her. You might pick up her favorite hobby, annoying me." he teased, tweaking her nose.

"Oh I think my new hobby definitely has to do with you, but not annoying you...this," Marleigh said as she tiptoed up and kissed him again. It really was magical by any human standards whether you be muggle or wizard this feeling was all magic.

Cameron kissed Marleigh back. He could definitely get used to this. Cameron pulled her tighter to him. After a moment, he broke the kiss. "I don't think I will mind that hobby." he teased her. Then, Cameron leaned in to kiss the girl again.

Marleigh kissed Cameron again only this time deeper and more desperate. She wrapped her fingers in his hair, pulling herself as close as humanly possible to him. Marleigh felt lightheaded...like she was floating and she never ever wanted this feeling to end.

Cameron was thoroughly enjoying kissing Marleigh. He pulled her tighter to him as she laced her fingers through his hair. She really was a excellent kisser. He could get used to this in a hurry. Cameron broke their kiss for a moment. He lifted Marleigh by her waist and spun her around in a circle. Something just felt right about her. "Would you mind terribly if I asked you to be my girlfriend?" he asked her, hoping this wasn't to soon for her.

Marleigh laughed when Cameron spun her around. It was like being in high school...well if she'd gone to a normal high school like she'd seen in muggle movies. When he asked her to be his girlfriend Marleigh was on cloud nine. "Hmm, let me see...would I mind? I don't think I'd mind in the least. In fact...I think I'd love it," she said happily smiling up at him, the moonlight twinkling in her eyes.

Cameron grinned as she said that she would be his girlfriend. "I was hoping you would say that." he said in his deep voice. Cam lifted her back up and kissed her deeply. It was exciting to be with Marleigh. It was like being home in the South. Cameron released her lips and placed her back on the ground. "Did I tell you I got a job?" he asked her, wanting to share his news with his girlfriend.

Marleigh kissed her boyfriend. It was odd for her to think of it like that, but it was real enough and she was finally truly happy to be in New Zealand. "No you didn't. That's awesome! With the ministry," she asked curiously.

Cameron nodded his head. "Yeah the ministry. They hired me as an Unspeakable." he said proudly. After all, that was an important position. He finally had a real job and a girlfriend. He was happy and had a beautiful girl in his arms. He leaned down and kissed his girlfriend, one hand behind her head and one in the small of her back.

"So what exactly does an Unspeakable do? Probably should have paid more attention in school instead of strumming on that guitar all the time! Whoah, I sound just like my mother," Marleigh joked as Cameron pulled her closer. This was all a new feeling for her and she had to admit that it was exciting and she loved the way it felt. The way he kissed her this time made her whole body shudder and she just melted into him.

Cameron reluctantly pulled away from the pretty girl in order to answer her question. He didn't move his face far, his breath lightly warmed her face. "An Unspeakable is sort of like an agent. I can't say much about what we do since its pretty top secret. He said to her. He didn't like not being able to give this girl everything she wanted.

Marleigh snorted and said, "So you're kind of like the CIA of the wizarding world then?" It was a little exciting and she could see that Cameron was serious about his job. Marleigh caught a glimpse of the time on her watch and groaned loudly. If she didn't turn in soon then she was going to be a grumpy fuss of a mess for her morning shift at the diner. Resting her head on his chest she said in a melancholy tone, "I'd probably better get heading back and get to bed. I have the early shift in the morning and you don't get tips if you're not super chipper with the service."

Cameron laughed at her question. "I guess you could say that." he admitted, kissing the top of her head. She rested her head on his chest and Cam wrapped his arms around her waist. He heard her groan and then say she needed to leave. Cameron sighed, all good things did have to come to an end. "I suppose I have to let you go then. I don't want to hurt your tips." he said in a sweet tone.

Marleigh looked up into Cam's eyes. She really didn't want to leave him, wanting to stay with him all night. Reluctantly she said, "I guess I should get going then. I've had a really wonderful time tonight." She wrapped her arms around his neck, standing on tipped toes resting her forehead against his.

Cameron looked deep into Marleigh's eyes before she raised up on her tiptoes. Their faces were only inches apart. "When will I get to see you again?" he asked, not wanting to go without her for long. He kissed her on the tip of her nose as he waited for her reply.

Marleigh grinned when Cameron kissed the end of her nose. It was such a cute gesture. "Not even gone yet and you're already missing me," she joked as she kissed his cheek. "Whenever you want to. I'm not going anywhere," she added seriously. She would never get tired of seeing Cameron that she knew for certain.

Cameron grinned at the girl. She was joking but she was pretty accurate. He knew that he would miss her. "Can I take you to dinner tomorrow night?" he asked. After all, he didn't have to work tomorrow since it would be saturday. He had the whole day free.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back