OOC First Name
Katie
Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Widow
Wand
Beech Wand 14 1/4" Essence of Pixie Hair
Marleigh had been looking forward to this all week. Tonight was her date with Cameron and she was more than excited about it. She'd even asked Dietrich for help picking out an outfit and with her hair. She gave herself one last look in the mirror and then apparted to the place where they were supposed to meet.

It was a nice warm night out and there was a slight breeze which to Marleigh constituted perfect weather. She had on a new pair of jeans and a silky blue tank top which was definitely different from her usual wardrobe of tee-shirts and jeans and tennis shoes. Sitting down on a bench Marleigh waited patiently for Cameron to arrive.

Cameron had been busy at work with his new ministry job. But not so busy to forget his date with a very beautiful girl. Cameron was dressed nice but not too formally. Cameron apparated to the spot she had specified promtly. He found that Marleigh was already there. He smiled warmly at her as he went to her. "You look marvelous." he complimented. He breathed deeply. She smelled beautifully too.

Looking and seeing Cam standing there looking very handsome Marleigh smiled. "You're lookin' good yourself," she said as she stood up and then said, "The theater is just the next town over. Do you trust someone you just met a few days ago to safely apparate you there?" Marleigh held up her arm, hoping that Cam would take it. Afterall she'd never splinched herself or anyone else in the past two years.

Cameron grinned. "Thank you ma'am." he said in his Southern accent. He liked that the two of them had the same accent. He heard her request. Did he trust her? Cameron smiled. Yes, he did. Cameron walked to where she was. He took her hand. "I trust you. Lead the way pretty lady." he said looking in to her eyes.

When Cameron took her hand she smiled brightly at him and said, "Here we go." With that she turned and they vanished from her spot and arrived with a loud crack at their destination. "You still have all your fingers and toes?" Marleigh nudged him playfully and then added, "The theater is just over there. I think the next feature starts in about thirty minutes."

Cameron laughed as she asked him if she had all his fingers and toes. He wiggled his fingers. "Yeah it seems like it does." He dropped his hand next to hers. He took her hand back in his. It was warm and soft. Cam hoped he didn't make her uncomfortable. He was just a naturally flirty person. He nodded his head as she said that the movie started in 30 minutes. "Well do you want to go on in or stay out here for a bit?" he asked her.

Marleigh's heart fell slightly when Cameron dropped her hand and then nearly jumped out of her chest when he took it once again. It sent a warm tingly sensation up her arm that made her grin widely at him. "Umm, it doesn't much matter to me. This place is usually pretty dead anyways. Apparently not many people like oldies so it's not like we'll be fighting for a seat," she said matter of factly as she looked him in the eyes, her face going bright pink as she did.

Cameron smiled at the pretty girl beside him. He thought her blush was adorable plus it had to mean he was doing something right. "Well if we don't need to worry about seating then how would you like an ice cream?" he asked her. Cameron had plenty of money with his new job to buy Marleigh anything she wanted. "Unless you have a better idea?" he asked her with a smirk on his face.

"Hey I'm never one to turn down ice cream," she said playfully and then added, "There's a little cafe over there that has really good ice cream." Marleigh pointed over to where there was a little outdoor setup outside the small cafe. She really liked this guy and thought that so far things were going perfectly.

"Sounds good." Cam told her with a crooked grin. Cameron followed the direction of her pointing, still holding her hand as they walked. When they reached the parlor, Cameron turned back to Marleigh. "So what would you like darlin?" he said, not bothering to hide his accent. Marleigh had one just like his so it didn't seem odd to hear him talking.

Marleigh practically beamed from ear to ear when Cam called her 'darlin'. It was a term she hadn't heard used in quite some time, especially around here. It made her feel at home and the most comfortable she'd been in months. "Hmm, let me see...banana split," she said in a perky tone, then hoped she didn't sound like a huge oinker especially on her first date with this guy.

Cameron grinned back at Marleigh. "That sounds good. I'll make that two banana splits." he said in his smooth voice. He was glad she had chosen something real to eat. He didn't understand why girls wouldn't eat in front of guys. Idiotic really. "Would you like to sit out here while I go get your banana split?" he asked her.

"Yeah, sure. I have some money with me...you don't have to pay for mine," she said uncertainly. In all honesty Marleigh hadn't ever really dated much so she wasn't really all that comfortable with people paying for things for her. It was all very new to her and she wasn't really sure how to go about it all.

Cameron frowned and shook his head at her. No way was he letting her pay for anything tonight. "No I want to." he told her sincerely. Then he flashed her a grin. "Why else would I have worked so hard this week at the ministry?" he teased her. "Be right back." Cam said, releasing her hand. He disappeared into the shop for a few minutes. He came out with two beautiful banana splits. He sat one on the table in front of his date. "How's it look?" he asked her, hoping it was okay.

Marleigh sighed happily as she watched Cam walk into the parlour. When he emerged again he held two lovely banana splits and sat one down right in front of her. She grinned up at him and said, "It looks like it's full of fat, calories, and sugary goodness...it's PERFECT!" Marleigh picked up her spoon and took a few bites, closing her eyes and savoring each bite. "This is absolutely sinful. Gah I love ice cream," she boasted as she smiled at Cameron.

Cameron chuckled at her delight. There was something familiar about the way she talked about food. He laughed out loud when he realized what it was. "You sound just like one of my sisters when I take her out for food." he said smiling fondly at the memory. Cameron picked up his spoon and tried his own ice cream. "Wow. Your right. It is amazing." he said, pleased with the quality of the ice cream.

Marleigh laughed when Cam said she reminded him of one of his sisters. Oh no, isn't that a bad thing? So does he think of me like a sister? Oh man, what does this mean? Her head was reeling with all of these thoughts, but she let it drop not wanting to be overly dramatic for nothing. She finished off her ice cream and with a delighted look on her face she said, "So I got a new gig singing at a muggle club just outside of town. They said if I draw a big enough crowd then they would put me on as a regular act on Friday nights."

Cameron grinned at Marleigh as she told him her news. "Really? That's awesome!" he said, honestly excited for her. Cam was oblivious to Marleigh's discomfort at having been compared to his sister. In his eyes, it had been a compliment. "Would you mind if I came to see you play?" he said, really wanting to hear her sing. "I can even bring my two sisters if you like, you know to help with the crowd thing." Cam said more reluctantly. He would rather be alone with Marleigh but wanted to help her out.

Marleigh nodded, "I would love that. I mean if you really want to of course." She was suddenly nervous and singing in front of crowds never made her nervous, but knowing that Cameron would be there and most likely have his sisters was nerve wracking. "Sure, the more the merrier. I'm really hoping to make this a permanent thing. That way I can quit my waitressing job and strictly focus on my music," she said with a wishful glow about her. She looked at her watch and said, "We'd probably better start walking back that way. Ten more minutes and the movie will start."

"Course I really want to. Why wouldn't I?" Cameron asked the girl sitting next to him. "Alright then, if they can spare the time for me, I will invite them." he said, slightly relieved. It would be more fun to have someone to talk to while Marleigh was on stage. Cameron nodded his head as she said the movie would start in ten minutes. Cameron grinned at her. "We should get going then." he said as he stood up. He disposed of the trash before coming back to her. Cam put his hand out to help her up, interested to see if he would take it or not.

Marleigh took Cam's hand once again the warmth surging up her arm. She stood and enjoyed the walk back to the theatre with them hand in hand. She could get a little too used to this feeling because it was fantastic. They entered the theatre and took there seats. It was a nice change to have someone to come to the movies with her instead of coming alone.

Cameron walked in a comfortable silence all the way back to the movie theater. Marleigh's hand was soft and warm in his own hand. Cameron sat down next to the beautiful girl. "What movie is playing tonight?" he asked her, not having seen a listing outside. He figured she knew more about the theater since she came her often. Cameron draped his arm lightly across her shoulders, hoping it didn't make her feel uncomfortable.

"Casablanca," Marleigh said as she leaned in a little closer to Cameron when he draped his arm around her. The lights dimmed and the screen lit up with the feature. They watched in silence as the classic film played on. When the lights finally came back up Marleigh's eyes were glistening with moisture. She grinned goofily at Cam and said, "This one gets me everytime!"

Cameron had never seen Casablanca before. The movie went by quickly in his opinion, with Marleigh snuggled up beside him. Cam smiled warmly as he saw she was crying. He took his fingers and gently wiped the tears from her eyes. "It was a good one." he said in agreement. Cameron wasn't quite ready to leave Marleigh. He hoped he could prolong the date just a bit longer. "What would you like to do now darlin'?" he asked her, leaving the chance for her to escape if she wanted it.

"How about a walk in the park," she asked, thinking that it would be a particularly lovely way to end an already perfect evening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back