New Year

Isaac Chambers IV

OOC First Name
Elphaba
Wand
Ebony Wand 15" Essence of Phoenix Talon
Isaac Chambers was now back at Hogwarts for his second year. His first year had gone rather roughly if he was going to be honest with himself. He had spent a good amount of it pining over Isabella who seemed to see him as nothing more than an un-official 'brother' at best, and he had stupidly gotten in a fight with her boyfriend over her. He had heard that they had recently broken up and the thought had at first excited him but he quickly got over it as he realized he'd only be wasting more energy and time wishing for something to happen. The rest of his year had also consisted of making annoyances and getting pour grades and that was unacceptable for a Chambers man.

Isaac was now back at school after a completely relaxing summer at home in London and ready to take on whatever Hogwarts had to throw at him this year. After he had settled into his dorm room, the dirty blonde haired boy made his way over to the lawn in a button up shirt and jeans to relax. Isaac sat down and unwillingly took out some parchment, ink, and a quill to begin writing his mandatory letter to his parents. Now that his younger twin sisters were also at Hogwarts he was expected to keep an eye on them and keep his parents updated on their life at school, it was annoying for him really.

Emi wandered down to the lawn, there was nothing to do in the common room, and she had no idea where any of her friends were. She reached the field, and could see some flowers blooming showing that winte was now over. It was a shame really she had enjoyed throwing snowballs at people when they least expected it. But then again, summer time meant staying up late.

She spotted a boy with his back to her, he seemed to be busy writing. Emi crept up on him, and grabbed his shoulders

"Boo!" she said when she grabbed them. She wondered how he would react, some people didn't budge, some thought she was strange, and others jumped out of their skin.

Isaac had only begun his letter to his parents and already he was just stuck on 'Dear Mum and Dad'. He sighed and tried thinking of what to write to his parents, but his mind was clotted with 'This is so stupid' thoughts. Finally he decided that he should write 'Things are fine' as a usual letter would go, so he dipped his quill in ink once more and began to write.

No sooner had he began scratching away on the parchment when suddenly he felt a pair of hands grab onto his shoulder as a voice said 'Boo!' right behind him. Isaac jumped, but only just slightly, and it was enough to make him smear ink all across his parchment. Annoyed, Isaac turned to look at the source and said, "Hey!" angrily. He was surprised to see it was a girl, but then again sometimes they could be worse than guys so he was still annoyed with her.

Emilie smiled, he only jumped a little, which wasn't to bad. Then he turned and looked a little annoyed at her, Em couldn't help but giggle, it reminded her of the look that she sometimes got from her parents when they were sick of her tricks.

"Hello" she replied, giving him a smile.

Isaac looked at the girl with an annoyed look on his face. His brows furrowed together in confusion as she giggled and then greeted him. Isaac scoffed and said, "You mind not jumping out of nowhere and bothering me," he said to her in his English accent. "Aren't there some other people you can annoy?" he asked.

Isaac rolled his pale blue eyes as the girl asked if he got scared. "No!" he replied indignantly, "you just ruined the letter I was writing," he pointed out as he held out the parchment smeared across with black ink. He hadn't written very much on it so it wasn't really a big deal, he just wanted to see if he could make the girl feel bad.

"And FYI, I don't go round annoying people"

Isaac laughed at the girl and said, "Oh really are you sure about that?" with his eyebrows raised. "You just did with me, what makes me think you don't go around scaring other random people?" he asked her indicating that others would find it annoying like he did.

"Well sorry" Emi replied, "Good thing you didn't write much though" she added, trying to well, cheer him up.

Emi narrowed her eyes

"So what if I do? Thats me, I'm sorry, I guess you not one of those pranking people, and someone who can take a joke" she said fiercely, although she was a little hurt inside. Firstly, did she really annoying people? And secondly, she didn't have any enermies, and this boy looked like a first.

Isaac pretended to smile as if everything were okay when she pointed out that at least he didn't write much but still shook his head to tell her that it wasn't okay. Isaac stood there with his ruined letter and crossed his arms over his chest as the girl began to tell him off saying that she was just being herself and he was someone who couldn't take a joke. Isaac was slightly offended at this, because she was saying he was coming off as this uptight person when he could really be cool when you got to know him. "I can take a joke," he replied icily to negate her comment about him. "And pranking people you don't know isn't exactly the best way to make friends," he pointed out to her, still using a tone of annoyance. Sure Isaac could take a joke and play around with people like he and Sydney poked fun at each other all the time, but to push someone you didn't know out of nowhere was hardly funny to him.

Emi bit her bottom lip.

"Sorry" she stated not really knowing what say.

Her mind was already on what people thought of her pranking them. Nobody had ever really been too annoyed. Then again, this was only her second year at Hogwarts, before Hogwarts, she used to just prank her family. She remembered the conversation that she had, had with her Dad, about she had ended up in Hufflepuff. One reason, was why even though she was a mischief maker, she tried not to hurt people in the process. But did she?

hold on she reminded herself isn't this me? He can't change who I am. She didn't know.

Isaac immediately noticed how the girl had bit her lip and began apologizing, feeling guilty for her childish behavior. "Well, good," he stated curtly with a nod of his head firmly, crossing his arms over his chest as he gave her a mean look for a moment. That's how it was supposed to be, someone respecting a Chambers. The sad act with the biting of the lip, or even trembling of the lower lip, didn't work on Isaac. He had two younger twin sisters who unfortunately now attended Hogwarts, and two even younger twin brothers, all of whom were always messing with him, so he was so used to this 'pity act' and didn't believe anyone who tried it anymore. He 'tutted' and shook his head to the girl, non-verbally telling her that he didn't buy her little sorry act. He had spent too much time around the Chambers part of his family to realize that she was sincere.

Emilie was still for awhile then she rolled her eyes, she didn't like this guy. At all. He wasn't any fun, and he always had an 'I'm better than you look' on him. And to top it all off, he wouldn't accept her apology. Her feelings of confusion had been pushed out of her mind, actually she was kind of mad.

"So can't accept an apology, huh" she said, then imatated 'tutting' like he had. There was no more I'm so sorry anymore, this was her. She liked to have fun, she was a joker, a prankster, and she usually didn't try to hurt people in the process. Infact she barely did.

"Well, I said sorry, so nothing much I can do now" she told him, then glanced round the field, spotting her favourite tree, and wondering if she should walk away, and climb up it. Yeah, she climbed trees occasionally, it was fun.

Isaac nearly rolled his own pale blue eyes as he saw the girl roll her own at him, but stopped himself from mimicking this act, it would only make her as childish as her and his younger sisters. Perhaps that's why he didn't like this girl at all, she reminded him of a mixture of both his sisters, he had enough of that at home, he didn't want it here at school, he was trying to avoid them as best he could.

"So can't accept an apology, huh"

This time Isaac really did roll his blue irises in their sockets. "I'll accept an apology when I see fit," he replied with a tone that said 'duh!'

"Well, I said sorry, so nothing much I can do now"

"But word of advice, perhaps you shouldn't do something to be sorry for in the future," he said to her sarcastically. She should be sorry for what she'd done, annoyed him, wasted his time, and would make him waste more time when he'd have to re-write his letter to his parents.

Emilie narrowed her eyes. With nothing else to say to the boy, she turned, and began to walk back to the castle.She was annoyed, but also embarrassed. What if she hadn't had said boo, would they had gotten along better? But then again, her and Ari got along well, and she had scared her one day too. Then again, she was annoyed that the boy got so uptight about her scaring him. Scaring him. Not pulling a massive prank on him. She knew one thing for sure, she didn't want to see him around anytime soon.

Isaac smiled in triumph as the girl seemed unable to say anything else. She walked away, defeated, and he crossed his arms over his chest, he won. "Finally," he said louder than usual just so she would hear him say that he was glad to get rid of her. "Have a nice day!" he called out to her as she was father away, laughing as he said it sarcastically. Afterward he gathered his things to go get a fresh new parchment and try to re-write his letter. As he was walking back to the castle he realized he had never even gotten her name and frowned slightly at that before deciding he didn't care enough to know it in the first place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back