Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Pansexual
Wand
Curly 9 Inch Flexible Black Walnut Wand with Hippogriff Feather Core
The new year was coming up quickly, and Jordie and Weston had some planning to do. He made it down to the Arts room first, humming and setting out the snacks he'd brought along. He had his guitar with him, of course, and he settled down to play a bit while he waited. He and Weston were getting pretty good, he thought, both with drums and the guitar. He wandered if they could master more instruments while they were at school.

They could alter them out and practice every day. He smiled, thinking it sounded like a good idea. Runs in the morning and evening, quidditch practices, band practices. Jordie could never complain life at school was dull. He kept busy, with his clubs and studies and his time with Wes. He knew that arguably he spent more time with the Ravenclaw than he did with anyone else. Did that make Wes his best best friend? He considered the thought as he strummed his guitar aimlessly.

The new year had barely started, but Weston knew there was no time to waste. He and Jordie had spent the last year learning new instruments, and they'd gotten good. As far as he was concerned, that meant they were more than ready to start performing. Practicing was all good and fun, but the point of a band was to play for others. Weston couldn't wait until the rest of Hogwarts heard their music.

Weston burst into the room, excitement radiating off of him as usual. "Hi Jordie!" He smile widened when he saw that Jordie had a guitar. "Hey, you sound really good." Their lessons had definitely paid off. Weston started to head for a drum kit but paused when he saw the food. "Oh, nice, you got us snacks!" He helped himself to a handful of chips and sat down next to Jordie. "We should do this every practice."

Jordie looked up, smiling as Weston came in. "Hi Wes!" He greeted, laughing lightly at the boys enthusiasm for snacks. "Took you long enough to get here," he teased, winking playfully. "I actually have something to show you, I was working on some things over break," he gave the boy a mischievous smile before turning back to the guitar and starting to play again, this time singing a song. The other instruments in the room played along with him, which pleased him. When he'd finished, he looked to the other boy with a pleased smile, waiting for his reaction.

Weston winced when Jordie pointed out his tardiness. "Yeah, sorry about that. One of the staircases refused to move to the right floor." He knew he showed up late to their practices more often than not, and he resolved to start leaving earlier. Jordie mentioned he had something to show him, and Weston's eyes lit up. He craned his neck, trying to see if Jordie had hidden something behind his back, but the Hufflepuff just reached for a guitar. The nature of the surprise soon became apparent as Jordie started to play and sing, and the rest of the instruments joined in. Soon, Weston was nodding his head to the melody. When the song was over, he immediately burst into applause. "That was SO good! Did you write that? I didn't know you could sing like that!" Maybe it wouldn't be such a loss if Zay continued to refuse to join the band (not that Weston planned on giving up on that front anytime soon). "How long did it take you to put that together?" he asked, thoroughly impressed.

Jordie smiled, blushing at Weston's applause. "I couldn't sing," he told him. "But I have two family members that work with music professionally. So I took singing lessons over break. And Ember taught me how to make the instruments in here play with me," he smiled at Weston. "It's a really simple trick, I can show you, they're supposed to play with you in here," he gestured vaguely. "I didn't write the song though, I just picked a fun song." He laughed.

"Singing lessons are a good idea," Weston said, nodding approvingly. Should he also take lessons? He would have to ask his parents about that. Not for the first time, he wished he had a large, musical family like Jordie. "Oh, you have to show me! They only seem to play with me when they like my music." Unfortunately, that rarely occurred, so Weston was often left playing by himself. "I didn't know you could make the instruments play with you." He was a bit disappointed to hear that Jordie hadn't written the song, but it had still been a good performance. "Its a good song," he agreed. "I bet we'll able to write something even better soon."

Jordie laughed, nodding. It was a great idea and he knew it. "I can definitely show you," he promised. "If you want, why don't you come visit with me over break? I can get more lessons for both of us, just tell me what you want and I'll find it for you," He smiled, laughing lightly. His eyes widened and he nodded eagerly. "Oh, yes, of course!" He nodded eagerly, scooting closer. "Absolutely, we can totally write a better song!" He couldn't help but smile impossibly wider.

Weston lit up at the idea of visiting Jordie over break. Though the breaks were a nice chance to step away from schoolwork, the one downside was that he also had to step away from his friends. "Yeah, ok! I'll ask my parents. Then we can take vocal lessons together!" It had been a long time since he'd had group music lessons, but he thought they would be fun. "Maybe we can also get a head start on some other instruments," he mused. He finished his chips before wiping his hands off with a paper towel. "Should we get started practicing? We could even try writing something right now!" He'd put together some melodies in the past while messing around, but aside from a couple half-hearted attempts, he'd never tried to write an actual song. But maybe with Jordie's help, he could manage it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back