Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Gay
Wand
Curly 8 1/2 Inch Whippy Wenge Wand with Fairy Wing Core
Open after Jess posts with Zerrin

Emery was glad he didn't have to keep tagging along with his mom and sister. After they had visited Dervish and Bange's and Emery had gotten a new set of gobstones, he had been tired of shopping. Unfortunately, his sister apparently needed a lot of new clothes or something. He didn't really get why he had to be there for that, though and had said so. With a sigh, his mum had finally agreed that he could go to the park, but only if he stayed there until she came to pick him up. He had readily agreed, and now he was sitting on the grass in the park, carefully putting all his new gobstones in a row to look at them carefully. He placed them in order of size, a long line from smallest to biggest.

Zerrin wished Graeme and his mom would just get married or something already. He was bored, waiting around at his mothers work all the time, and he missed Fraser. The boy was right, everything would just be easier if they were brothers. Grumbling, he walked to the park, not wanting to hang out at the diner anymore. As he walked in, he spotted a boy nearby playing with gobstones. Curious, he walked over, smiling shyly. "Hi," he greeted. "Are those gobstones?"

Emery was entirely focused on his task, pausing a moment to closely compare two gobstones. He frowned a bit in annoyance as he heard someone greet him, and waited to look up until he had placed the gobstones down again. The person talking to him was a boy around his age, and Emery took him in for a moment. "Hello." He said, then he nodded. "They are." He said. Mentally adding the obviously.

Zerrin watched the boy with the gobstones, curious. He sat down, looking them over. "You have a nice collection," He complimented with a gentle smile. "Do you like to collect them, or are they for playing with?" He asked, looking up to the other boy.

Emery continued to gently pick up the gobstones and sort them. He frowned a bit as the boy said something else, pausing what he was doing. "This isn't my collection." He said, almost sounding insulted. "I just got a new set, my collection is at home." He paused again when the boy asked if he collected them or played with them, giving him an incredulous look. "Both." He said firmly. "Why would you collect them and not play with them?"

Zerrin didn't mind the boys harsh tone, smiling gently and listening to what he was saying. "Well, some people collect things just to have them." He offered, brushing his fingers over the fringe of his hair. "My mom says its never nice to assume, so I thought I would ask," He smiled, looking back at the set.

Emery shrugged a bit at the boy's words. "I mean, I collect stones and seashells and I suppose I don't do anything with those." He admitted. "But it seems silly to collect gobstones without using them." He said, looking down at his new set. "Do you play?" He asked, without looking back up at the boy.

Zerrin smiled softly, pleased that the boy seemed to understand his point. He folded his legs and nodded at the question. "Oh yeah, my mom and I play a lot," He told the other boy. He thought it was pretty obvious Emery liked to play, so he altered his next question. "Is Gobstones your favorite game?" He asked, thinking that seemed like a logical question.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back