New to a Broom

Dominic Thatcher

Wand
12 inch, Eucalyptus, Essence of bunyip fang
Dominic emerged on the Quidditch pitch with a cheap broom somebody had leant him. He had never flown a broom before, he missed all the flying classes back in his old school. He mounted the broom and he pushed off the ground. He basically just jumped with a broom between his legs, no flying, no nothing. Damn, He thought. After a few trys he began to float about a metre above the ground. "Yes," Dom exclaimed as he punched the air. Suddenly, the broom lurched forwards and Dom went flying around like he was on a bucking bull. Dom held on tight and struggled to stay on the broom. It was totally out of control, he tried to regain control bu this broom just kept rocking around. His fingers slipped of the broom and he fell off. Luckily, the broom was only about 2 metres off the ground. He fell and landed on somebody with a thud. He hadn't hurt himself too badly....

It was just a fine day to go at the Quidditch pitch to make her gymnast routine flexible, wearing a comfortable clothes. Ally went at the Quidditch pitch and into the middle, she looked from left to right to see no one in the field. She now started to stretch, when she heard someone on trouble, Ally looked up and saw someone going to fall to her. It was too late to run and the person collided on her, Ally landed on her front while the person is on her back. "What a great day, someone sitting on my back .. but it isn't funny." She told the person sarcastically. Deep inside she was pissed at the person, "Could you get out of my back."

Dominic quickly got off the person and turned to look at who he had just fallen on. It was a girl much younger than him, and he felt bad. "Oh... Sorry," Dom said, wondering whether it was even worth apologizing after how rudely the girl had just spoken to him. He sighed and decided to be nice no matter how rude she was. Dom held pout his hand, offering to help her up.

"Sorry ... WOW, apologizing." She sigh and rolled her eyes, it was then that the person who sat on her back stood up. "I thought all people here knew how to ride a broom." Ally didn't took the hand the person gave, she looked up and saw it was a boy older than her. "I don't need your help, i can stand up for my self." She then stood up slowly, feeling the pain on her ribs. "I think I broke my ribs .. This is your fault." Ally accused the guy.

Dominic was really annoyed at this girl and really wanted to snap back at her, though he clenched his teeth and kept his cool. Though it wouldn't take much more for him to crack. "Well, your wrong," He said flatly, trying to annoy her whilst keeping cool at the same time. You didn't break your ribs you idiot, Dom thought, and nearly said out loud. "Stop being a drama queen," He told the girl, he felt some sympathy for her but knew that she was overreacting.

Ally placed her right hand on her hip and narrowed her eyes from the guy, "You think you deserve to be here ... I know ... your one of the transfer students here, right?" She chuckled a little and straighten her posture, sure it hurts but the pain isn't on her face. "Actually, taking transfer students is a waste of time ... I don't know why Headmistress Rambolt every take students like you. That doesn't even know the nature of the students here." Ally raised one eyebrow and smirked.

Dominic laughed a little. She thought she knew it all. "Well.... This isn't you school is it?" Dom said, "and plus... I dont give a damn what you think." Dom suddenly realised that even though they were years apart, this girl was only about two or three inches shorter than him. "What is your name?" Dom asked, wanting to know the names of all the people in the school to avoid.

Ally hesitated to gave out her name when the guy asked her, "What's it with you to know my name?" She asked curling a strand of her hair. "I don't gave my name to some poor people who doesn't deserve to born or even go at this school." Ally rolled her eyes and smiled fakely at him. "If you excuse me, I have to do some routine." and she walked at the right(NSA) side of the pitch.

Dom followed her over. "What is your name?" Dom asked again. He began to laugh when this girl told him that he didn't even deserve to be born. That was sure one of the dumbest things Dom had ever heard someone say to him. "So I don't deserve to be standing here then?" Dom said. "Well what have you done for the world little girl?" He looked around, nobody was in sight.

Ally made some stretching and even did a split, she sigh as the guy followed her. "Aren't you really going away?" Ally rolled her eyes again, she almost did it like twice this day. "Yes, you don't deserve to be standing here nor everywhere ..." She trailed off, standing at the same time, now doing an upside down routine. Hand on the ground, foot on the air. "What I've done to the world? ... Well, let me see ... I do charities ... Organize a fashion show courtesy of my grandfather who owns a big company in London. That's the things I've done in the world." Ally went back on her normal standing and crossed her arms.

"And what makes you think I haven't done any of that?" Dom asked, folding his arms. Well, he hadn't organized a fashion show but he had definitely done charities. He raised his eyebrows as the girl said the her grandfather owned a big company in London. "So let me guess, you're one of those spoilt rich brats," Dom said, "Oh, and you still haven't actually told me your name."

She looked at him disgusted, "You .. Done that? ... Woah, the world is really changing now." Ally did another upside down routine and stayed there while answering his insult to her, "Well, if you think all rich girls are spoil .. then your wrong, poor people are all wrong from saying it." Ally continued, "And you too didn't still said your name." She did a backward and stand firm on her posture. "Well ... you should go first."

Dom chuckled a little, this girl was contradicting herself big time. He laughed again, this girl was making too many assumptions. As a matter of fact, Dom came from quite a wealthy family too. He was getting sick of this girl thinking she was so good and so he decided to show her up a little. Dom quickly went into a handstand, he had done gymnastics from when he was 7 until he was 15. "My name is Dom," He said and smiled, "nice to meet you."

Ally narrowed her eyes as the guy showed off, "Show off." She mumbled under her breath but smiled when the guy who introduce himself as Dom looked at her. "I'm not nice to meet you." Ally chuckled fakely and seriousness marked her face. "Dom .. nice name but for me it stinks. Now I know your name, I must bid you goodbye." Ally smiled one last and walked off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back