Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Gay
Wand
Ten inch sturdy Cypress wood with Thestral hair core
James couldn't believe he'd come to this in life. With Sapphire having first her twins and now being a surrogate with Onyx and Jamies' baby. He'd talked long and often with Colin, and finally they'd come to the decision to get a surrogate of their own. James had adopted so many children; been Uncle James so many times. He'd longed to be a father all his life, and did his best to be a father figure for the twins, for Jordie, and now for Leo. But he wanted one of his own.

And now, well, now they had Sebastian. It might be a little odd, having a baby younger than Sapphire's twins and older than Onyx's upcoming newborn. But that was just life sometimes. With Colin still working, James had really centered his work at home, so he could alternate his time between getting up with Sebastian and with assignments. It was hard, sometimes, but he knew it would be worth it. Seeing how adorable Sebastian was when he was sleeping made all of it worth it.

He hummed happily as he made lunch. Leo was out of school and Jordie was at work. Sebastian was swinging gently in a bassinet nearby while James chopped up the vegetables for the meal.

Leonardo didn't mind that James and his partner had a new baby, the little Sebastian was cute and Leonardo was very careful with him. He just also knew that with a baby here that it was probably time for him to be thinking long term. Spending time with James and his family was good, it gave him restful breaks and a place to go, but he couldn't rely on them forever. They were not, even if they said it, his family. He had spent some of the day carefully tidying up his school things, making sure that he catalogued all he had, to make a list of things he needed and how much money he had. He could figure out and save as much of his school allowance, so that he could move out this time next year. Leo grabbed the things that needed cleaned, and went to the kitchen where James and Sebastian were. He greeted the child in the bassinet with a little curt nod. "James, sir, I have some things that need washed," he spoke formally with him, trying to pull back a little from the familiarity that James always allowed him.

James paused when he heard a voice, turning back and smiling softly at Leo. "Oh, I can take care of that," He reached out to take the things from Leo. "You don't need to call me sir, silly." He smiled warmly. "Lunch should be ready soon. Do you want to sit in the living room with us and watch a movie?" He offered. "I've missed you while you were away, I'd like to spend some time with you before school starts again.'

Leonardo handed the clothes to James with a little nod of his yeah. "Sorry," he replied, force of habit had him saying it. He knew he'd get out of the habit by the end of the break, Leo was certain of that. "If you want me to, I'd like to," he said, he didn't want to impose upon James and his time with his new son. "I missed you too," he said looking down at the ground and shuffling his feet slightly.

James took the clothes and magicked them to the laundry room before turning around fully to face Leo. "Of course I do, silly. As much as I'd like to I can't keep you here with forever I do know you're stubbornly independent and you're going to try and leave much much sooner than I'd like. So I need to steal as much time with you as I can while I can," He smiled warmly. "Then I'll be trying to pull you back for dinner every other night if not every night, calling whenever I can, just generally annoying you." He teased.

Leonardo nodded curtly, he very much doubted that James would really want to keep him forever, he was just being nice. He was going to leave soon, because he was likely to completely outstay his welcome, especially with the baby. "You don't need to steal time," Leo assured him, meaning that he was always available when around for things, but he did very much say it as if James was actually stealing them. "You couldn't annoy me," he was also then quick to say. since he didn't find anything James did or could do annoying. "I like being around you," Leo added, while glancing at the ground between them, not wanting to actually look at James as he said it.

-godmod approved-

James smiled, and chuckled softly. He stepped forward, holding open his arms for a hug. "Come here, you," He tried to prompt the young man as he wrapped his arms around him, pulling him in. "I love you, Leo," He reassured the boy gently. "Jordie might have been the one to bring you home, but you're just as much my son as Onyx and Jordie and Sebastian are," He pressed a kiss to his temple before pulling back again. "Now, you go pick a movie, and we'll be in soon." He brushed Leo's hair back with a smile before moving back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back