OOC First Name
Jess S
Blood Status
Muggle
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
(Mitch)
Kari was still in awe of the life she lived, sometimes. Milo was curled in one of the windowsills, wrapped around her house plants. Ada was down for a nap. Mitch was going to be home soon, he'd gone out for a little bit. She was in the kitchen making lunch, humming softly to herself as classical music played in the house. She loved Egypt. She had to admit, sometimes she missed New Zealand. It had been her home for most of her life, after all. But she loved it here in Cairo. She and Mitch had a nice flat. two bedrooms with a beautiful view. She smiled to herself as she finished making the Kushari for lunch. She set the dish on the table, before moving to get some plates. She had some news that she was sure he would enjoy.

Mitchell walked up the steps to their apartment and gently opened the door in case Kari had already put Ada to bed for a nap. He'd gone out to get them some spices for dinner later that day, though it was really just a good excuse to be able to take a walk around the market. He loved everything about Caïro and honestly couldn't ever see himself going back to New Zealand, or any other country for that matter. Unfortunately, they would have to go back eventually, as there was still a bookstore waiting to be run. Still, if he could persuade Kari to continue to stay in Caïro for just a couple of months more, that'd be great. He stepped into the living room, the smell of Kari's cooking strong in the air. ''Something smells great,'' he commented as he made his way over to his wife to give her a kiss on the cheek. ''Ada's asleep?'' Mitchell asked when he didn't see or hear his daughter.

Kari was drawn from her thoughts as Mitch came home. Her heart fluttered in her chest. Sometimes she still found it hard to believe they were really married. She giggled gently, leaning into his touch. "Thank you," She turned to smile at him. "And yes, Ada is down for her nap." She told him. "You're just in time, I just finished making food." She moved to the fridge, grabbed a glass of tea, and moved to sit at the table. "I actually have some news for you," She gave him a shy smile, pushing her glasses up on her nose.

Mitchell put the bag of spices that he had bought from the market on the kitchen counter to unpack it. He loved it here and he loved that he was spending most of his time here with the people he loved the most in the world. There really hadn't been much time to spend with each other while he worked as a professor at Hogwarts, which was one of the reasons why he eventually decided to resign from his job. That, and the fact that Kari was pregnant with Ada and he didn't want to be absent for most of it. ''Good news or bad news?'' he asked as he turned around to face his wife again, leaning against the counter

Kari giggled a little at his question, standing and walking over to him. "Well, I suppose that depends on your reaction," She leaned in a bit closer and put her hands on his chest, smiling shyly up at him. "We, ah..." Kari reached up, straightening his collar needlessly. "We're expecting again, Mr. North," Kari peeked up at him, trying to gauge his response.

Mitchell frowned at Karissa’s answer, getting more and more curious to know what kind of news she needed to share with him. But then she did and all he could do was stare at his wife for a couple of seconds. ‘’We are? … We are? You are!’’ He could barely believe it. ‘’Another baby?’’ Mitch asked just to be certain. Raising Ada had been no small feat and they had only just reached the point where they could sleep for most of the nights without Ada waking them up. ''That's great news!'' he said, reaching for her stomach with his hands. It definitely needed to sink in some more though.

Kari giggled at her husbands reaction, nodding and smiling brightly. "I am. You are." She placed her hands gently over his, letting them rest against her belly. "I think two will be a nice number for us. Not too many," She giggled lightly. "Ada doesn't know yet. We can tell her after her nap?" She offered, thinking it sounded like a perfectly reasonable plan.

Mitchell was happy that Karissa was pregnant again, giving her a kiss to reassure her that he was indeed happy about it. Things were changing fast with Ada and now a second child around as well, but he absolutely loved it. It did put a whole other perspective on living in Caïro, however. Although he loved it here, was it really the perfect place to raise two young children? Perhaps he needed to rethink it after all. ''I doubt that Ada will understand what is going on,'' Mitch said with a small chuckle. ''But we can always try.''

Kari giggled, kissing Mitch back easily. She leaned her head on his shoulder, resting there against her husband. "She might understand a little." She tried to lace her arms around his waist. "I know... we were thinking about moving back," she spoke gently. She knew Mitch loved it here. She loved it here, too. She missed her family sometimes, though, being unable to travel the way Mitch and Avarian did made it harder to visit. "I've loved our time here. I love this country, and this home, and you," She smiled shyly, biting her lip a moment before continuing. "What if... we name our baby Cairo?" She asked, leaning back to look up at him.

Mitch half expected Kari to suggest that they should move back to New Zealand with another baby on the way, so looked down at her with mild surprise on his face. ‘’You want to name our baby Cairo?’’ he asked, giving his wife a questioning look. ‘’I mean, I like the name, but I never really thought you enjoyed it here as much as I did.’’ He knew that she found it difficult to be away from her family, especially since travelling around wasn't as easy for her as it was for him.

Kari giggled gently, reaching up and brushing her fingers over his jaw. "Mitchell. I know I miss New Zealand. And I know I don't hide it as well as I'd like." She smiled warmly at the man. "But I do love it here. Very much. I'd love to come back here when we can." She pulled back, reaching for his hand a moment before walking over to the table. "Now come on, you, food is ready. Do you want to wake up Ada or should we let her eat when she's up?"

Mitchell smiled when Kari’s fingers brushed over his jaw, happy to hear that she did love it here after all. He would move back with her to New Zealand if that was what she wanted. He’d follow her all the way to the other side of the world if that was where she wanted to go to. He’d fine as long as they were together, they and the children. ''Alright,'' the man said, pushing himself off of the counter. ''I'll go and grab Ada, she'll probably want to eat something with us.'' And with that, Mitchell walked off to get their daugther.

Kari smiled and nodded at her husband, setting the table for three. She liked the idea of a little family of four. She'd have to talk to Mitchell later about the possibility of getting her tubes tied after this pregnancy to help avoid any future surprises. While she loved that neither of her children had been planned, she was also wanting to make the choice of not having any more than two children. She hummed softly to herself as she waited for her lovelies to come out to eat, taking the time to prepare Ada's meal for her.

Mitchell came back sometime later with their daughter on his arm, making silly faces to get her to laugh as she had definitely not been happy about the fact that he had woken her up from her nap. ‘’She has your personality for sure,’’ the man joked when he put Ada into her chair. ‘’Doesn’t like to be woken up either.’’ Mitchell chuckled and sat down at the table too, still somewhat occupied with their daughter. ''Do you really think that she'll understand that she's going to be a big sister?''

Kari looked up, smiling warmly as her favorite people walked back into the room. "Well, luckily you're cute enough we can forgive you easily," She winked, picking up Ada's plate and setting it in front of her. The little girl lit up, smiling brightly and reaching for the food. She turned to serve Mitchell a plate as well. "I'm not sure, but she'll catch on eventually," she chuckled. "It might take the new baby getting here for her to figure it out, but we can try to tell her," She settled into her own seat, serving her own food before looking over to her husband and smiling.

Mitchell continued to make silly faces while Karissa served them a plate of food, smiling at how easy it apparently was for Ada to forget all about the fact that she had been woken up for her nap. Food and silly faces, that was all that it took. He agreed with her that it would probably take the new baby actually getting here before Ada would realise that she’d be a big sister. ‘’Yeah, sure, we can try,’’ he said, helping Ada with her food whilst also going for a bite himself. ''Did you hear that, Ada? You are going to be a sister!''

Users who are viewing this thread

Back