New Meetings

Leslie Duboit

OOC First Name
Taneaka
Wand
Coconut Wand 14 1/4" Essence of Star Dust
Leslie walked through the hall with a book cluched to hr chest. She still wasn't overly keen on the school but it wa growing on her. Steph would be at Hogwarts as well so that would make it more interesting.
Leslie wasn't really watching where she was going. Sh was in her own little dream world whilst looking at the brand new school shoes her mum had bought for her. They were nice level shoes with a velcro across the top. Lemi really liked them-mainly because they were from her mum.

Rounding the corner Robert almost fell into a girl coming the other way. "Sorry" he said quickly, seeing if he recognised her. Nope. "Hey" he gave her a small smile. She must be new. Or newer than him at least. "I'm Robert. Are you ok?" he asked, wondering why she'd been looking at the floor.

Leslie suddenly stopped when she saw a pair of feet come into her visual. Looking up, she saw a blonde boy who looked just a bit older than her. She smiled at him. "It's no problem really. I wa just in my own little dream world." She listened to the boy introduce himself. "I'm Leslie. My friends call me Lemi though." Or the few friends she had made so far.

Robert smiled down at her, "Nice to meet you then Lemi." he replied. "I'm sorry if i was interupting something" he said apologetically. Looking her straight in the eye and smiling he caught her arms and turned them so they were on each others opposite side in the corridor. 2I'm sure you have places you need to get to" he said almost questioninly. It would at least make one of them.

Leslie liked how kind his boy was to her. "Not really. No. I was just heading back to the common room to see if there was anyone there that I could talk to." She smiled realising how nice his eyes were.

"And what house then has the pleasure of having you in it?" he asked. If she were a Gryffindor there was a good chance they could be friends. He thought if he got to know her it could be fun.

Leslie blushed slightly at the compliment tha Robert gave her. "I'm in Gryffndor. Second year. What about you??"

(its weird talking because i use the same pb as leslie for my main account xD)

"Gryffindor Third year" he replied grinning and trying not to show it too much. "Want to wander down their now?" he asked. If they could talk and walk they'd find out more about each other.

(Hehe. Who's your main??)

Leslie grinned when Robert said he was Gryffindor. "Yeah. Ok. I'm up for that."

(Liberty B - third yr puffly)

Robert smiled and began to walk the way she was heading. "So you're a second year now. Am i right in saying you no longer do Quidditch lessons?" he asked. He had enjoyed quidditch and he knew one of his best friends did too. He knew she played for the team last year and they'd come second. "And i'm suprized i haven't seen you around here before. Do you have any siblings?" he asked.

(I like the signature you've got for her.)

"Yeah that's right." She smiled glad of this. She wasn't the sportiest person in the world and she always failed completely when it came to quidditch. "Last year I wasn't very happy about being in Hogwarts because of being away from my family and stuff so I was usually in the library or the common room. Yeah, I have a little demon for a sister. She's started here this year and is in Ravenclaw." The amount of times Leslie and Steph had ended up in hospital because of each other was uncountable. "I fight with her a lot but no matter what anyone says she's still my sister and I'd stick up for her anytime."

"I know how you feel" replied Robert. "I'm the only magical family member so far" he said, "My older brother Alex, he's seventeen. Emily's fifteen, Then me, turned fourteen yesterday, then my younger twin sister Sohpie and Kate are eight and brother Jack who's four." He grinned. The younger siblings could be magical but there was no telling at the moment.

(thanks)

"So you're muggle born then??" Leslie thought her question was a bit obvious but decided to ask anyway. "Wow. You've got a huge family. Do you like having all those siblings??"

"Yeah. I'm muggle born. It's the main reason i guess my ex dumped me." he said out of the blue. Larissa had still not got over what he apprently did to her, even though he saw nothing wrong with it. But that was last year, and wiping it out of his mind he replied, "They're all sweet. I'm helping Alex to look after the rest of them in the holidays. My dad has some law issues and mum left us" he said, remembering to write to them to see how it was getting on.

Leslie didn't want to bring up any questions about Robert's ex incase it upset him. "I love little kids. They're so cute. Is your dad a lawyer or something?? And do you see your mum at all??"

"Not really" he replied about his mum. "And no, my in trouble with the law," he replied refrazing the sentence. "Apparently he didn't pay something, i'm not too sure, but yeah, he's away for a while" he said briefly.

(will be on later. g2 out. cya)

"It must be hard for you not having your mum around. I'd hate it if mine left." Leslie remembered that she would hve to remind Steph to write to their parents. "My dad works in the British Goverment but he's not allowed to tell us anything. The department is very secretive."

Robert who'd grown up around the muggles knew what she meant by the government. They had almost reached the Gryffindor common room now and the portrait was in view. Changing the subject he asked, "So what's you're faveourite lesson?". He had a feeling about Leslie. It didn't like the small talk and hoped they would be able to talk normally. His own secret had forced him to be carful about the friends he made, but he thought she could understand.

"It's probably either charms or transfiguration. I don't think I'd be able to pick between th two of them. Tey're both really fun. What about you?? What's your favourite lesson??" Leslie rally did like both subjects. When she had her very first lessons in her firs year, they were the only one's that really interested her.

Robert smiled, "Charms is good. Although i start my new subjects this year" he said. "I'm starting Muggle studies and divination which, should be fun" he smiled. As the approached the door he said the password and made way for ladies first.

Leslie grinned as Robert let her pass. "Thank You." She walked over to the seats y the fire and sat down. There was nearly nobody in the common room. "You looking forward to starting the new lessons??"

Rober came through the portrait after her. "Not really." he said honestly. "I don't see the skill or anything in lessons, i see it in how people behaviour. Like common sence. You can't teach that" he said. "Can i?" he asked pointing to the seat next to her.

"Sure go ahead." Leslie smiled at Robert as he was sitting down. "That is true but you don't get jobs because you have common sense, you get them because you have intellect. I want to get a good job when I'm older so I need to get good grades."

Robert simply shrugged as he sat down. "Yeah but then you could be hated." he grinned. "And being hated is something no body wants" he smirked. He wasn't too popular now. He didn't care about grades or jobs. "As long as you have your family you don't need money"

"I don't care what people think about me. That's their opinion and I couldn't really give a damn." She smiled. "You're right though. I don't know what I'ddo without mine."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back