" New Friends "

Roze wasn't too surprised when he said that her last name was common in the Philippines. Her family had a very complicated, ambiguous background. Her parents always claimed they did not know very much about their ancestors, but Roze and her brother got the feeling that they weren't telling the full truth.

"It could be Filipino. My family history is a bit... unclear." It sometimes annoyed her that she had no idea about where her family really came from. One day, she decided, she would find out the truth. One day, she would know everything about her family history that there was to know.

"No, my brother graduated several years ago. He lives back in Colombia now and works in a city not too far from our village." She answered.

Oliver was speculative sometimes when he was curious. He liked to know more things around him. He stood with his hands in his pocket. He started to wander around the room.
" Anyway, why do you think it is considered as an abandoned room? Don't they think that this can be the best place for a classroom? It's peaceful here and......." Oliver breathed out and continued, " well, it's quite dusty but in a little clean up, this room is awesome! "
His face was full of excitement when he was thinking of repairing an old-look, dusty and untidy room into an organized one. He suddenly went to his new friend's place and he grabbed her hands and he danced her assuming that there was a music playing inside the room.
" They could make this room as a dance room. Right? "
Oliver was smiling at her and he suddenly burst a laugh when he was looking at her shocked expression. He stopped and scratched his head.
" Oops. Sorry. I was just... I was just carried away. Actually, I was thinking of a dance room. "
He let go of her. Disappointed in his behavior.

"Yeah! It would be really nice if it were just cleaned up a bit. I don't know why they don't use it. Truthfully, I don't think they even know why they don't use it." Roze agreed. It would definitely be a cool room if it were to be cleaned up.

Suddenly, Roze was being lifted off her seat and was soon dancing around the room with Oliver. At first, she was surprised. She hadn't expected it. Just as she began to get used to it, though, he stopped.

"Oh, no. It's fine." Roze smiled a warm, happy smile. She began dancing around the room again, this time on her own.

"This could totally be a dance room!" She exclaimed as she twirled around with her head to the ceiling, her eyes closed, and her arms out. She then burst into a full on routine, one, she soon realized, that she and Esmeralda had created to go along with Starstruck by Lady Gaga. She twisted and rolled her body to the music inside her head. She wasn't the best dancer, but she wasn't bad. If you came from Colombia, you had to know how to dance if you wanted to survive.

Oliver was surprised to see that Roze was dancing now on her own way. He watched her as she dancing gracefully and happily. He didn't take off her stare at her. Whenever her direction was, his stare followed her. He then remebered his mother who were once dancing with his father in their music room when he started to beat on drums. That was one of the best memory he had together with his family. He was then perplexed of what would be the music was playing in her mind? He observed her very well. She was great in any angle and in any way. His heart was thrumming so loud that even any living thing next to him could hear it. He smiled to the thought that this girl, in a short time of being together, had a great impact in his life. Could it be forever? Whatever it was, he sure of one thing. He wanted to know more about the girl. About his new friend. About Roze. ^_^

Kate was walking on the second floor and saw a door slightly ajar she decided to have a look, she opened the door and saw a girl dancing while a boy was watching her she paused for a second and then the girl spotted her and stopped "no don't stop" i said "your really good"the girl looked embarrassed "hi my names Kate" I said

Oliver creased his forehead when someone behind him from the door spoke. He turned his back to look who it was. It was a girl who introduced herself as Kate. He then turned his head to Roze whom had stopped dancing now. He walked towards Roze so that he would be at her side.
" Hi. I'm Oliver and this is my friend Roze. Nice to meet you Kate. " ,he smiled angelically. He could feel Roze's numbness. He looked at her.
" Are you alright Roze? " ,he whispered in her ears.

Roze stopped when she saw someone new in the room. She didn't really mind people see her dance, not like she did when they heard her sing. She was just surprised by the newcomer.

"Oh, thanks." She replied to the girl's kind compliment.

Before she could say anything else, though, Oliver was at her side and introducing the two of them. When he finished the introductions, Roze said,
"Yeah, nice to meet you." She gave a warm smile before answering Oliver. "Yeah, I'm fine." She smiled at him.

Oliver was relieved to know that Roze was alright and she didn't feel anything because of a new comer. He walked towards the girl named Kate.
" Were we obviously here? " ,he asked Kate. Well, he was happy that he would have another new friend.
" You look unfamiliar. Are you new? " ,he asked her again.
While waiting for Kate's answer, he looked back to Roze.
" You're very talented. You danced very well. " ,he complimented.
" Is your brother also like you? "

"Your welcome,Ya I'm new I'm in Hufflepuff what about you"she said she looked at the other girl and recognised her "Hey Roze,did you like the picnic"Kate asked

"Yes! It was really fun and really good!" She replied to Kate. She then turned back to Oliver. "Thanks," she said with a smile. "And, yeah, he can dance. I mean, when you're Colombian, it's sort of in your blood to be able to dance well, at least to Latin music." She laughed. It was true. She didn't know a single Colombian that couldn't dance. She wondered if it was the same for all Latins.

Oliver answered Kate's question.
" No. I'm now a 2nd year Hufflepuff. And somehow, I still exist in this school. " ,he chuckled softly.
Looking back at Roze. " Is dancing your tradition as a Colombian? We, the Filipinos were fond of dancing but most likely, singing. :erm: "

"Ohh cool your a really good dancer and singer I can sing and play the violin not that good at dancing though my culture which is Irish does a lot of traditional but I'm more into classical I'd love to hear more about ye're cultures" Kate asked "if thats okay with you guys" she added trying to hide her curiosity.

"Yeah," Roze replied to Oliver. "We dance a lot. Most people in our village play a traditional instrument. Music and dance is very important in our culture." She stated. Then, she decided to elaborate. She figured since she wanted to hear about Kate and Oliver's cultures, it'd be nice to share some about her own, too. "Our village is one left over from the natives. We call them Las Taironas, which means sons of the tiger. Our 'official' name is Koguis, or jaguar," she animated with air quotes, "but we call ourselves Taironasitos, or Little Taironas. The culture in our village is much closer to the original Taironas than the modern Koguis." She informed the two. "Because of this, we call our village El Nino de Tairona which, translated directly into English, means The Son of the Sons of the Tiger." Roze laughed. "Sometimes the translations end up sounding funny, especially when you're translating one language to another, then to another." She laughed again. She hadn't ever told anyone enough about her culture to where she'd had to translate so much before, so only now did she realize how funny some of it sounded.

Oliver was very eager to know the culture of other countries. He listened to Roze. Playing the images that was emerging into his thoughts.
" Wow. The Son of the Sons of the Tiger? " ,mesmerized by the words.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back