" New Friends "

Oliver Hazard-Perry

OOC First Name
naomi nalp
Wand
Holly Wand 11" Essence of Phoenix Feather
Oliver was bored in staying only at his dormitory. He was fond of discovering things if he had nothing to do. He heard from his dormmates a place called an abandoned classroom where he hadn't been there before. He was curious about the place so he went down there. He brought with him his guitar. When he reached an abandoned classroom, the place was full of cobwebs. The place was also very untidy and full of dust everywhere. He looked for a place that he could sat and play his guitar to ease his another boredom.
" At least, new place for me. "
he murmured and smiled at his self. He sat on a nearby chair that he can still use to sit. The place was silent and a cool air damped his face.
" This is a great place for me to study. "
, he said again. When he sat, he begun to play his guitar and sang.

Roze was bored and in an exploring mood, so she did exactly that. As she was wandering the second floor, she came across the abandoned classroom. She remembered hearing people talk about it, so she decided to go in and check it out.

Roze stopped as she got up to the door.
What is that? She wondered. It sounded like someone, or something, was inside. She cracked open the door a little to hear it better. Now, she could make out the sound of someone playing a guitar and singing. Roze stood there for a minute and listened. It sounded good. She waited until there was a pause in the singing before she entered, hoping her presence wouldn't bother him.

Roze entered the old classroom and looked around. She saw a young boy sitting on the floor playing a guitar. Roze just stood in the doorway watching him, unsure of what to do next.

Oliver sang solemnly. As he was singing, he remembered his family. He missed them intently. He hadn't had a chance to visit them since the day he entered at Hogwarts. While he was singing, he pictured out the happy memories together with his family before he left. He couldn't resist to smile as he sang the song. Suddenly, he stopped singing and sighed. Then went on again. He stopped again for a second time when he heard that someone had opened the door. He turned to see if who it was. He was surprised to see that a beautiful lady was standing in the doorway watching him. He was fluttered knowing that she heard how he sang. He stood abruptly.

" Hi. How long have you been there? " ,he asked her nervously.

The music stopped just after she closed the door. Roze turned around to see what happened. The boy was looking at her with a sort of shocked expression. He stood up faster than anyone she'd ever seen. She watched him awkwardly unsure of what to say. Thankfully, he spoke first.

"Oh, uh, just a minute or so." She answered his question. She stared at him for a couple seconds before coming back to her senses.
"You're good," she said, gesturing to the guitar.

Oliver was blushed to what he heard.
" Ah. I'm not that good in playing guitar. I'm Oliver and you? "
While he was waiting for her answer, he cleaned the chair next to him.
" Why you are here anyway? ".

Roze laughed. The boy sounded just like she did. Everyone told her she was good, if they heard her, but she still felt unsure about her abilities.

"I'm Roze," she watched him clean the chair he had been sitting on as she introduced herself.

"I hear people talk about this room a lot, so I decided to come check it out." She answered him. "Do you come here to play a lot?" She asked the boy.

Oliver was almost finished on what he was doing when he answered the girl.
" No. I've just entered this room. I also heard from my roommates about this room. I just checked this place then I found that it is great for me not only playing guitar but also for my studies. I have peace of mind here. "
He offered the sit to the girl.
" Have a sit. "
Oliver sat next to her. " What musical intruments are you playing? "

Roze listened to Oliver. He, also, hid in abandoned old rooms to play and study, just like she did. She smiled at their similarities as she sat in the seat he offered her.

"Thank you," she said.

"I play the guitar," she answered, then hesitated. "And... I sing." She said the last part a little more quietly, still shy about her talents.

Oliver held his guitar but didn't dare to play it again. He was just looking at the guitar. When he spoke, he managed to look at the girl directly into her eyes. He had an unexplained feeling when he looked at her in that closeness they were.
" Wow.. Uhmmm, do.. you.. " ,he couldn't even tell the words directly.
" Do you... " ,he sighed. " Do you want to try my guitar and sing? " ,he said finally.
He offered his guitar to the girl that his hands were trembling. He smiled when he realized what he was doing.

Roze glanced up, but her eyes froze when she looked into Oliver's. She saw kindness in them. And a little shyness. And... and something else she couldn't quite put her finger on.

Roze's eyes shot back down when she realized what he was asking.
"O-oh, uhmm, I-I don't know..." Her voice trailed off. She was nervous about playing in front of people, especially ones she didn't know. It didn't matter that people always told her she was great at both playing and singing. It didn't matter that she loved music, loved to play it, and usually wasn't even aware of her surroundings when she did. All that mattered was that, at the moment, she knew there was another person in the room, and she did not want to embarrass herself in front of that person.

Oliver was aware now to what he was doing. He felt a sudden unease in his stomach. He was hungry but it was okay with him to skip his hunger as long as he was with this girl.
" How was the feeling being a student here? " ,he asked. He had to make a move so that boredom between them wouldn't come around.
" What's your favorite song? "

"Oh, it's great being here! I love this place. Hogwarts is amazing. There're so many rooms and towers and secrets to find. It makes exploring worthwhile. And the education and teachers are phenomenal!" Roze finished. She really did love Hogwarts. She already loved to learn, so learning in this world made it all the more interesting.

"The only thing is I miss my friends and family back home," Roze finished in a dreamily, remembering home, remembering playing guitar and singing with Esmeralda, sitting around the village, playing games, listening to stories, eating mama's empanadas...

Oliver broke her out of her reverie with his next question.

"Oh, uhm, I don't know. I like a lot of songs, but I guess my favorite has to be On the Brightside by Nevershoutnever. Have you heard it?" She answered. His question brought back the thoughts about playing his guitar.

"I haven't played in a while... I do really want to play... Maybe I will... Just one song... Oliver seems nice. It's not like he's going to make fun of me or anything, right? So maybe..." Roze contemplated the thoughts, trying to convince herself to play.

" Actually, I haven't heard that song. Hey, you didn't visit your family last vacation? " ,Oliver asked. He too, was missing his family. He missed his mom's cook and the days together with his dad. " Whenever I'm missing my family, I just composed songs and play it. " ,he augmented. He looked up and smiled. He sighed, the he spoke up " Then sometimes, I just looked up and have thoughts of them. " He looked to her, " You? What are you doing when you're missing them? "

"Oh, it's really good." Roze commented on the song.

"Yeah, I did go visit, but I still miss seeing them every day." It was weird not seeing her parents every day, or making tortillas with Esmeralda, or walking around the village helping the neighbors with their chores. Everything was different here.

"Most of the time I just play and sing or walk through the garden in the grounds. Sometimes I'll come up with some chords or lyrics for a song, but I still haven't finished one." She let out a slight laugh at the last part. She never finished song. She would start them, and sometimes get most of the way through them, and then she'd stop. And there it would stay.

Roze glanced at Oliver's guitar again, trying to make a decision.
Play, or no play...? After a moment of contemplating, she gestured toward his guitar and said, "May I?"

Oliver placed his full attention in listening. He stopped his reverie about his family. Suddenly he was surprised when she said "May I?" ,gestured toward his guitar.
" Oh! Sure. Sure. " ,he smiled. "What will you play?" ,he asked her excitedly, giving his guitar into her.

"On the Brightside by Nevershoutnever," she answered as she took his guitar.

Roze took her time with situating herself, stalling. Finally, she took a deep breath, and began. She sang happily and upbeat and pretended as if she were the only one there. She listened to the sound of her strumming echoing in the room, and the sound of her own voice singing the notes and lyrics perfectly. She ended the song with a smile and a laugh.

Oliver watched and listened to her as she sang. He admitted that she had a beautiful voice in singing.
" Wow!! Awesome!! " ,he complimented after. " Impressive. You have a wonderful voice. " ,he added while having a big big smile. Oliver adored people who were good in singing and he was fond of it. " How I wish I have had a sister like you. " Oliver stood and clapped his hands as loud as he could.

Roze blushed as Oliver complimented her. She knew she sang well, but she still felt that delight and slight embarrassment when told she was good.

Roze burst into laughter as he clapped for her.

"Thank you. The acoustics aren't bad in here, though I prefer the Antiquated Lavatory on the fifth floor. Much less people go up there. She said after she calmed herself down. "And I'm sure you'd be a way cooler brother than my own. He's so mean sometimes." She pouted at the last part. She started thinking of all the stupid things her stupid older brother said to her.

" A way cooler brother? " ,Oliver asked with confusion. He sat again while brushing his hair with his fingers. " You have your brother. How lucky you are. " ,he suddenly became plaintive. " I've never had a sister or a brother since I was born. " ,he chuckled softly. " How I wish I have one. "

"Oh, yeah," she said. "You're definitely much cooler than my brother. He's such a jerk sometimes." Roze rolled her eyes as she recalled countless memories of her older brother hurting her, taking her things, and just finding every possible way to annoy her that he could.

"So, you're an only child?" Roze asked.

" Yes. But being the only one is not good. If I don't have friends, maybe I'm crazy now. " ,he answered. That was true. His friends were making him happy. Without them, he wouldn't be a fine Oliver now.
" And also my family. I'm not blaming them why they didn't give me a brother or sister. But sometimes, I'm a bit curious about it. I mean, is it enjoyable or fun that you have a sibling? " he asked curiously. Sometimes, he was asking of how was the life being not just one baby in the family. Of course, he would never felt that.

Roze laughed.

"I'm sure you're not crazy. You can't be that lonely. And having a sibling is really annoying. You're always fighting with each other and purposely trying to annoy each other. I swear that's what my brother's goal in life is. He totally feeds off of my pain." It was true, or so it seemed to Roze. Her brother was constantly annoying her one way or another. Sometimes, she wished he would just go away for a while.

"So, where are you from?" She asked curiously.

Oliver was a silent type of person. He wasn't like to socialize with other person and liked to keep his secrets. No one knew about his life except maybe from this girl, his new friend.
" Uhmm, Actually I was raised in a muggle world. To be exact in the Philippines. I am a half-blood wizard. My mother is a witch but my father is not. "
This was his first time to open up his true identity.
" And you? " ,he smiled.

Roze was happy to find another person from the muggle world. It was much easier to talk to them about things.

"Cool! Me, too! I'm from Colombia. I'm a muggleborn, so neither of my parents have any magical abilities." Even though she knew her parents did not possess any magic, she still felt that they were powerful. They influenced her most out of everyone she knew. They just seemed so strong and fearless. Roze loved her parents deeply and did not know what she would do without them.

Oliver smiled when he knew that she was also raised in a muggle world.
" I thought you're also from my country. You're surname is quite... filipino... that's surname of yours is quite usual in our place." ,he said in an astonishing sound. He was quite surprise to know that she was from Colombia.
" So, your brother is also here? " ,he asked. He was so agitated to think that someday they might meet each other.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back