Closed New Friends

When Marley asked how Dominic was, Teila smiled. She always thought Marley was so sweet, and it was probably why her and Dominic were such good friends. "He's doing very well thank you! I will be sure to say hello to him for you." she said. She was suddenly a little concerned when Killian said that the pair of them needed to talk. She followed him aside, and her look of concern soon turned into that of excitement as her eyes lit up and she smiled brightly up at him. "Oh Killian you big friendly giant!" she exclaimed, wrapping her arms around him. She held on for a moment before letting go. "Of course you can adopt her. Dominic would be over the moon. Did you discuss this with her? She needs to be comfortable with it too before we sign the papers. Is this something you've thought about for a while? Why didn't you tell me?" Teila couldn't help herself with all of the questions. It was the best news she had heard in a long time.

Killian's brow furrowed and he shook his head. He would just have to give her the best room in the house. He started planning it in his mind, thinking he would have to take her out to pick the decorations and furniture perhaps, but he would make sure it was nice and clean first.

Killian was surprised by Teila's reaction. He wrapped an arm around her, shutting his eyes and humming gently, wrapping an arm around her. He blushed a bit, and moved to rub the back of his neck. He answered each of her questions one at a time. "We were just talking about it, and she's already said yes." He started. "I've only thought of it for a week, but I'm absolutely certain. I control my ship, I have alternative childcare, I make good money and I have a good house, I can take care of her," he tried to reassure her, looking over to Marley and smiling gently at her. "This is the first time I've seen you since I met her," he finished, looking back to the woman.

Teila listened to everything Killian said, a bright smile still on her face. She just couldn't wait to tell Dominic. "You don't need to worry. You don't have a criminal record or anything do you? If not, then you're all good." she reassured him, knowing that he was the perfect candidate without a doubt. She popped off for a moment to get the right adoption forms before returning, handing them straight to him. With a wave of her wand she summoned a quill, before then realising that he probably wasn't familiar with them. "Oh sorry. Would you prefer a pen?" she asked before summoning one of them instead. It was going to take a little bit to get used to, but Teila would in time. It was then that Teila realised something else. "Um... does Marley know... that you're... a muggle?" she asked, wondering if that was something they discussed.

Killian was relieved when Teila came out with the paperwork. He was sure this was something he needed to do right now. He smiled at her as she got him a pen, thinking it was sweet of her. He was about to sign the paperwork when she asked a question he hadn't thought of. He blinked, he hadn't thought of that. Asking Teila to wait a moment, Killian moved to lower himself down again on the ground near Marley.

"Marley, honey, come here," Killian motioned for her to come closer, showing her the paperwork in his hands. "I'm ready to sign this right now. But before I do, there's one thing I need to talk to you about." He told her. "I don't know if this will matter to you, but if you change your mind and you don't want me to do this, that's completely okay," he tried to reassure her. He bit his lip, a bit nervous. "Sweetness, I... I'm muggle. I have no magic. My late wife did, and my sons do, but I myself have no magic of my own." He told her shyly.

Marley looked up from the gift that Killian had given her and smiled up at Killian when he had come back, she stood up and walked closer to him as he had asked. She listened carefully to what he was saying and noticed some papers in his hands. Marley nodded when Killian had explained that he was a muggle. "I've heard people talking about Muggles. But I don't have a problem with it. Just as long as you are happy to have me" Marley says with a small smile and shrug. The young girl had heard people around the orphanage speak about muggles, though she didn't know much about muggles or the muggle world, she didn't really see a problem. She was just happy that she was able to finally leave this place, with her always getting her hopes up and the next minute the adults decide not to.

-godmods approved-

Killian smiled at Marley, leaning in to brush her hair back and press a kiss to her forehead. "Well, Miss Marley." Killian sat back, signing the papers in his hands in all the right spots before handing them back to Teila. He turned back, picking up Marley in one arm and her bag in the other. "I am thrilled to have you. I've just submitted all the papers. Come on." He started walking back towards the house, the little girl in his arms. "I'll take you back to your room, and leave you to pack for a bit, alright? I'll go home and get your room settled, and come pick you up just before dinner, okay?" He spoke quietly with her, taking long strides back to the room. He would call Avarian and see if the wizard could help him magic up the bedroom for Marley. He smiled to himself, his heart dancing in his chest. This was going to be an adventure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back