New friends, new fun

James knew the two of them were up to something and whatever it was he wanted in, of course he thought Maddie would rather jump off a cliff than involve him in one of her adventures. At least than he thought, James raised his eyebrow in surprised when Maddie told her friend they could trust him. They were not words he ever expected out of the Gryffindors mouth. "Trust? Me? Sorry your gonna have to repeat that in front of Amy she'll be smiling for the rest of the semester," James grinned in amusement. He knew what she meant, she could rely on him not to rat her out, ratting Amy's best friend out to a Profeesor would not go down wrll with the Hufflepuff. "Ok, so you can trust me, with what, what you two up to?

OOCOut of Character:
Hope you don't mind me posting next :)

Maddie knew that once they found James and told him about the plan there was no way he wouldn't want to be involved. It was definitely something he would be interested in and although Maddie didn't want to admit it and would never admit it to James, he could probably help them a lot if he did join them. She huffed when James made the comment about Amy, you wish she thought to herself. "I would never admit to that anyway" she said in reply. "No one would believe you" she added.

She rolled her eyes, swallowed her pride and walked closer to James to whisper the plan in his ear. She didn't know who could be listening, and even though it annoyed her to be that close to him there was nothing else she could do. "Charlotte and I want to know what is at the bottom of the cliffs but we can't see far down enough" she explained " so we thought if we got our hands on some brooms we could fly over the edge and see what's down there, and this is where you come in" she looked at his face, trying to gauge a reaction. "We need brooms, do you know where we can get some?" she asked him. Maddie took a few steps back to where Charlotte was and waited for James' reply.

James listened itently as Maddie laid out her position and the Gryffindors lips couldn't help but curl into a smile. She needed his help. Maddie had never attempted to hide her distain for him was now asking for his help in one of her little escapades. "Do you realise how much trouble we could get in for this? James put the question out there but he knew Maddie was no stranger to trouble since she met Hemi so it was likely she didn't care but was Charlotte as nonchalant about risking Detention and a possible serious house point penalty. "Not that I care, we've got six more years to win the house cup,"

James grinned as he looked from Maddie to Charlotte to the broom in his hand. "Ok I'm in. Follow me," James turned and started walking back to the broom shed. He was risking a lot by doing this, but if they got the brooms back before anyone noticed what harm could it really do?

OOCOut of Character:
All good ;)

Charlotte stood silently as Maddie introduced the boy as James. She seemed very hesitant in saying that he could be trusted but Charlotte was glad that they were able to get some help anyway. She could see that they both have had some kind of past together as James started talking about a girl called Amy. Charlotte had no idea what they were talking about but stood there awkwardly anyway as Maddie walked up to James and whispered their plan in his ear. He seemed quite cautious of it but took it anyway and went ahead to take the lead. Charlotte followed the two of them towards the broom shed. If this boy could really help them then Charlotte was going to have to give him something in return.

Maddie hated every minute of the conversation exchange, she knew James would milk this for all that it was worth. She sighed when his face lit up when she revealed their plan to him. "If you're going to be annoying about it you can forget it!" she said flippantly. They would find another way if James decided that he didn't want to help them but Maddie knew that his sense of adventure would overcome any other emotion. "Probably a lot. But no more than either I or Charlotte have been in before" she shrugged at James' point "If you're not up for it..." she trailed off about to leave James to whatever it was he was doing, when he decided that he would join them, no matter the consequences.

Surprising herself, she clapped her hands and jumped up and down when James told her and Charlotte to follow him. Maddie waved Charlotte and grinned at her "it's happening!" she said excitedly.

James was taking a big risk, taking school brooms fot something other than practice. He could lose his place on the Quidditch team for this, but something in him wanted to helo Maddie but he couldn't put his finger on why. The Gryffindor couldn't help but smile when Maddie clapped and jumped from excitement almost as if she'd forgot she was stood in front of him."Maddie everything I say annoys you so it's not exactly something I can help, besides if you know any other Quidditch players willing to help then by all means ask them for help," He smiled at her doubting that she knew any others.

James led the two girls over to wherevthe school brooms were kept. He passed the one in his hand over to Charlotte who up to this point had remained silent. He might be able to befriend the girl if Maddie didn't have too much influence over her. James took two more brooms and closed the shedm "I'd prefer if we could get these back before anyone noticed there gone, I can handle Detention everyday for the rest of my school years but if they kick me off the team I'll be seriously unhappy," He forced a smile at the two girls although he was rather nervous about the potential consequences. "Lead the way,"

Charlotte felt almost as excited as Maddie when they approached the shed and smiled back at her as they walked. Truthfully, this was all Charlotte's idea and if they did happen to get caught then she will give the two Gryffindors full permission to blame it all on her. Merlin knows what would happen to Charlotte if they got caught. After all, Charlotte and her head of house haven't been on their best terms lately and if he found out exactly what they were planning there would definitely be a chance of expulsion for Charlotte.

She took the broom from James and grinned happily at him when he gave one to her first. "So, about your quidditch team, what's it like? Do people ever make you feel like an outcast for being a first year? You must be an awesome player though!" she exclaimed, attempting to start a conversation with the newcomer to ease the scariness of doing this whole thing. "Is it hard to play quidditch on the field? You must get a lot of pressure on yourself being a first year and all and I bet everyone expects a lot from you! How long have you been playing quidditch for anyway? Did it even take much to persuade them to let you get on the team!?" Charlotte felt like apologising for asking all these questions but kept at it anyway, glad that she was doing something to distract herself from what was happening.

"It's okay, I'll lead!" she said cheerily, stepping in front of the two and starting to make her way back towards the cliffs. If their plan actually worked and they managed to get the brooms back in time whilst also managing to find what was at the bottom, Charlotte would definitely be the happiest she's been in a long time. All they had to do now was think positive.

Maddie was quite taken aback when James argued back with her, he normally just ignored her snide comments but she hadn't seen this side to him before and it was strange. She didn't know what to think about him or the situation. She tried to wipe the quizzical look off her face when James finished ranting at her. She tried over and over to think of a possible response but she decided to stay quiet for once. What he was saying was true, she didn't know any other people who could help her and Charlotte with this situation. His smile turned Maddie's stomach and she hated to say it but "You're.. right.. James" she forced out with a small smile.

She followed James to the broom cupboard and took the broom she was handed "no worries!" she said reassuringly to James. As much as they didn't get on, Maddie knew how important Quidditch was to him and she wouldn't see him kicked off the team. If Amy knew Maddie had something to do with it she probably wouldn't forgive her and that's the last thing she wanted. "I promise you will not get kicked off the team. They'll be back here before you know it!" she said, flashing a reassuring smile to both James and Charlotte.

You could tell that Charlotte was getting a bit nervous because she was talking a lot, and fast. Charlotte chatted a lot anyway but this was a lot more than usual. Maddie gave her friend a playful bump on the shoulder to let her know that she was there for her and that it was going to be fine. Maddie followed Charlotte back to the cliffs and stood near the edge trying to catch her breath. This was it, they were finally going to do it.

Charlotte, the girl with Maddie sure knew how to talk, it struck James that the girl was either nervous or excited or possibly both at the prospect of exploring the cliff. Both girls took a broom from him. Maddie's reaction to his sudden change in demeanour was amusing. James very rarely stood up to Maddie when she acted like she did, not because he couldn't or didn't like to, mostly her behaviour towards him amused him but in this moment he wanted her to know he wasn't meek. James smiled at the two girls as they took their brooms and Charlotte lead the way.

James knew that they were heading towards the cliffs, the two girls told him that the whole reason they were looking for brooms was so that they could see what was at the bottom of the cliffs. It wasn't something he had ever thought about before but now that the idea had been brought up he had to admit he was curious. "After you Charlotte, Maddie maybe we could just not argue for five minutes while we check this out, we can go back to bickering after sound good?" He grinned at Maddie as he followed Charlotte towards the cliffs.

The trip to the edge of the cliffs didn't feel long at all. Charlotte skipped there happily as the two Gryffindors followed her and stopped right at the edge of the cliffs next to Maddie when they arrived. They were finally going to make their move and Charlotte took a deep breath before mounting her broom. If this actually worked she was going to be happier than she'd ever felt in years and that was saying something.

"It doesn't look that far down." Charlotte said as she began to look down towards the bottom of the cliff like before. "So, who's going first?" Taking a step back, she looked towards James first, knowing that he probably had more experience with flying than both Charlotte and Maddie combined. It would only be safe if he went first, but after a moments silence, Charlotte clutched her broom more tightly with her right hand. "Don't worry, I will." And with that she proceeded to mount her broom just like she used to in an ordinary flying lesson and kicked off the ground. Stumbling slightly, she gripped onto it tighter and flew forward a few inches past the edge of the cliff. She wasn't afraid of heights but if she was to fall off her broom right now she would surely die.

After all the talk and all the imagining they were finally going to do it, finally going to fly over the edge of the cliff. Maddie was grateful that Charlotte elected to go first, although that meant being stuck with James for a couple more moments, which was a couple more than Maddie liked. She rolled her eyes at James' comment about arguing "but what's the fun in that?" she said smirking as she mounted her broom and kicked off from the ground and followed Charlotte over the edge. She held onto the broom for dear life as she moved closer to Charlotte. Her mouth had gone dry and she was breathing heavily, she tried her hardest not to look down.

What amused James the most was the look on her face as Maddie moved closer to the edge. He walked over to her broom in and nudged her gently ao he didn't send her over the edge. "What's the matter Maddie? Lost your sense of adventure already? Surely your not afraid of heights?" He grinned at her as he mounted his broom and stepped over the edge and began to hover in place. He noticed that he was doing this with ease compared to the girls who both seemed a little scared at the prospect of falling. He couldn't blame them, it was a long way down. James tilted his broom down and slowly made his way down the cliff to find Charlotte. He looked over his shoulder to see what was keeping Maddie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back