Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Derek<3
Wand
Curved 10 Inch Rigid Rosewood Wand with Unicorn Hair Core
Athena was very happy with the dress her mother had send her. She had been searching for a perfect dress for a long time. Athena knew Evelyn always did too. Athena felt more confident about herself and her body while she grew up. Instead of her hair down she had put it up and it was kind of nice to have no hair in front of your eye. The blonde didn't had a date for tonight and she felt kind of sad because of that. She wanted a perfect night with someone she liked too, but she was fine with meeting her friends there too. She was wondering if Mazi had been asking by a girl or she would go alone or had asked someone herself. Athena was sure after this evening the two would chat hours of it. The blonde walked to the Great Hall and hoped to see her cousin Emilia for sure. She hadn't spoken the girl and wanted too after she had spoken to Derek. Athena really had enjoyed the conversation with him and they were now some sort of friends, since both could use one. And Athena didn't want Emilia to think he had chosen a side or something, so hoped she could speak to her about it soon if it wasn't tonight. The blonde walked over to the room and smiled to some people around her. She went standing a bit to the side and didn't felt like having a drink or something to eat yet so she just stood there and looked around for a moment to see if she saw some familliar faces. She had missed Mazi, since Athena had been taking hours of putting on the dress and everything so she just figured she was already here.

Last edited:
Derek didn’t know what he was doing at this event, part of his mind had convinced him that this would be a good idea, however, getting to the ball, and spotting everyone around him in couples, with lots of friends just made him miss her. They’d attended these events together, she had always looked so beautiful, he had always enjoyed dancing in the corners with her, where it was just them. This event would be different. He could tell that, he wouldn’t have her to spend the time with. Even during some of the bad, they had always had fun at these events. He tried to not glance around too much, worried about seeing her, seeing her with someone else, or just about being so blown away by how beautiful she looked. They had broken up for a reason. He ended up heading to the side of the room, both because of habit and just because he could hide there a little. It was in doing this that Derek spotted Athena, a shaky new friendship that had really helped him not too long ago. ”Hey, Athena,” he said as he approached her, a shy little wave to her before he just smiled. ”How are you? Are you here with someone?” He asked, not wanting to interrupt Athena if she was here with someone just because he was a little lonely and had spotted a friend.

Athena looked around not seeing Mazi yet but hoped the girl would have a great night or that they would run into eachother soon. She usually spent her time with Mazi. And she noticed Mazi with a younger Ravenclaw it seemed and Athena wanted to go but than she saw Derek and he greeted her. And Athena suddenly felt happy seeing Derek he was a new friend to her and she liked chatting with hem. He actually was a good talker and not every boy seemed to be so. Some boys were just doing what they wanted and Derek seemed different.
'' Hey Derek!'' Athena said friendly and smiled towards him. She was actually wearing a red dress a tribute to Gryffindor she joked of her own. She waved back and than listened to what he said. '' I'm fine. And you? A little bit better or not at all at a event like this?'' She than asked to him wanting to know if he was doing well. He went with Emilia to these events always ofcourse. Athena than nodded her head to him. '' No I'm alone. Wanted to meet a friend. But it's good to see you. I think you could use a friend right now more.'' Athena than said sweetly and looked around if she saw Emilia. And when she looked around she actually saw her cousin with a boy they were dancing. And Athena didn't understood it. It seemed like she didn't knew her cousin anymore. but she tried not to judge. She still hadn't spoken to her, but Emilia never came to her as well. Athena would search for her later after the yule ball. She hoped Derek would not look the way of Emilia so she quickly looked back at him.

Derek was pleased that she seemed happy to see him, he had hoped that they could continue to be friends. He didn’t have that many people he was friends with and if she had decided to take Emilia’s side, something he would understand but it would leave him alone. He nodded and gave a shrug, ”It’s tricky, it was right to come, but it feels weird,” he told her honestly, he was never sure how much to say with her given that she was related to Emilia. But he was honest with her. He nodded at her, and laughed a little, ”That’s sweet and a little sad on my part,” he told her, ”I thought I was doing a much better job pretending I was doing alright,” he said to her, but there was a smile on his face, showing that he was un-bothered by the statement. That he was able to poke a little fun in himself and his own current sadness. He looked at Athena and followed her gaze for a moment, regretting it immediately. Emilia was dancing with some other boy, had she moved on that quickly, or maybe they were just friends like he was with Athena. ”You don’t have to hang out with me Athena, I’ll probably be a sad dude sitting in the corner, not much fun to be around,” Derek told her, he didn’t want to ruin her evening, bring her down because he was sad. Because he had noted his ex dancing with someone else, standing close to them. She was entitled to that, they were broken up but it didn’t mean it hurt any less.

Athena tried to shake the thought that Emilia would now think bad of her. And she wanted to speak to her cousin soon, before she would think she let her down or something. She could understand if she thought strange of seeing her and Derek now talking. Athena smiled shortly to Derek. She had no idea how it would feel since she never ever had an relationship with someone. '' It's good that you came though. Sitting in your bed alone isn't much fun either. And I guess that makes things not better.'' Athena than answered and figured she would not do that as well if she ever broke up with someone she loved. But she was sure it would hurt. And be strange if you were together with a person for so long. She grinned for a moment at Derek his comment, he seemed to be funny too and making jokes out of the situation. Athena liked optimistic people. '' Sorry. Not a carreer for you as actor.'' She than said teasingly back. But than Athena saw Derek looking away and she knew he saw Emilia when she saw his face. She put her hand on his shoulder for a moment and smiled comforting. '' No way! I'm not letting you alone. And otherwise I will sit with you. But we can do something fun too. Like look at peoples clothes or look at which outfit Styx has on and laugh of it. Or taste some snacks. And if you want to dance we can do that as well. It's fine. And if you want me to go away, than I will. But than you are a sad old man.'' Athena than said with a grin. She was here for her friends and Derek was one of them now. If Mazi needed her she would stay with her too. And Emilia also still, but she seemed to be busy.

Derek had known it would be better for him to come that to stay on his bed all night. Even if the option seemed quite tempting now. He knew that sitting on his bed would just cause him to think about Emilia and what she was doing, but here he could both see for himself and deal with the fact they were both slowly moving on. He couldn’t help but laugh lightly as she teased him, ”Oh no!” he exclaimed with a laugh, ”My whole future plan is gone,” it was fun to joke with her, he had to admit that it was better than standing alone watching everyone else enjoy themselves. He couldn’t help but feel a little bad for Athena who was stuck with him, but seemed like she didn’t really mind, and he was happy to take advantage of that. ”Old? We’re the same age,” he said with mock outrage, laughing lightly, ”Whens your birthday? What year were you born?” he questioned, he was strictly keeping his gaze upon Athena, not glancing around at where he’d last seen Emilia or any where else. Athena had his undivided attention. He owed her that much. If she was going to spend the time with him, he might as well be a little more fun with her. He half wanted to ask her to dance but that seemed a little too much. Even as friends, it would maybe be asking too much and really he was happy enough to just joke back and forth with her.

Athena was curious what Derek wanted to do and was glad to see he went along with the jokes. She was glad to make him smile a bit. She laughed at his comment about the acting stuff. '' The world is hard. You have to find something else now.'' Athena than said with a grin. She herself didn't actually had thought about the future. It was easy to say she would work with her mother, but she wasn't sure if she wanted that. Music was still very important for her, but could she make a carreer out of it? But that was not what she wanted to think of right now. The laughing continued as he asked of her birthday and year she was born. '' I see some grey hair here. Doesn't look that good.'' Athena than tried to act. But she figured it wasn't a job for her as well. '' August 14th, 2034 and you?'' Athena than asked to Derek and was glad to see he was a bit distracted from Emilia. If he wanted to talk to her he should ofcourse go, but she was now with some other boy Athena had seen before. Derek seemed to be wanting to talk and she was fine with that. But she hoped to be dancing with someone next year though.

Derek smiled a little at her when she joked back with him. He definitely wasn’t interested in being an actor of any kind after school. ”Thank goodness I’ve got quidditch,” he said with a little grin. He had to think it would be a good to have that as a career move right out of school, even if he didn’t continue doing it for all his adult life. He wondered what Athena wanted to do after school, if she had any sort of idea. It wasn’t something he had talked about with Emilia, it hadn’t matter for a large part of their relationship because they’d been young. But, maybe it was something he could talk about with Athena. He reached up to his hair and laughed a little. ”May 2034,” he said to her, ”I guess that means I’m older than you,” he said, ”So, you should respect your elders and stop making jokes at his expense,” he said. He laughed a little as he spoke, unable to stop himself from glancing over at Emilia and the boy and noting how close they were standing. He felt a little pang of sadness and jealousy, but he knew it would be completely unkind and unjustified to do that. He just sighed a little and turned his attention back to Athena, ”Do you want to go for a walk? Get out of here for a bit?” he asked her, he knew he was taking Athena away from the event, but he thought it would be nice to get out of there for a bit. Take a little breath. ”You don’t need to come, but I think I’ll probably still take a walk,” he wanted her to know that if she didn’t come he’d be happy with that. He’d be okay with that.

Athena was really enjoying her time with Derek. At least the jokes they now made back and forth. She listened as he talked about quidditch, she knew he played she had heard it before and seen games. He than told her he was older and she grinned. He was an older man indeed. '
' But you get grey hair more early than.''
She than said with a grin. But she would never make fun of older people not in a mean way at least. She followed his stare against Emilia and felt for him. He really seemed to not be over it. And it didn't suprised her that he asked if they could go away or otherwise he would. Athena looked around and Mazi seemed to be talking with someone else right now so she was fine with it. She would not do that much anymore too. '' Yeah sure. That's fine. I go with you.'' Athena than said with a smile. And she looked around for a moment. The evening was fine not perfect but fine. And she was happy to have met Derek at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back