New Broom

Nina Patrokov

OOC First Name
Alexis
Wand
Yellowheart with a mix of satinwood and a core of pixie dust.
When Nina arrived at the pitch she made an immidiate stop and waited for Asher, she knew that Asher wouldn't be far behind but, her new Scarlet Streak was the fastest broom she had ever ridden. While waiting Nina flew down and got the trunk of Balls.

Asher arrived just as Nina was getting the ball trunk. "That was amazing! Man! Do I love to fly!" she cried.

"What do you want to do? I am cool with the Golden Snitch but you probably don't want to do that, what position did you say you were going to try out for?" Nina said rambling on in excitment.

"Beater" Asher replied simply. She hadn't gotten to practice Quidditch in such a long time.

Nina smiled and said, "Okay come get your bat." Nina took the bats out and asked, "Do you want to let the bludger loose?"

Nina flew away from the trunk and into the middle of the pitch waiting for the Bludger to be let loose. Nina looked at Asher waiting for her to do it.

Asher mounted the broom and tapped the release for the Bludger with her toe. As the Bludger flew into the air, so did she. It began heading straight for Nina. Asher bent low over the broom handle and shot across the field catching up to the ball quickly. She took a swing and sent the Bludger in the other direction with a loud 'crack'.

Nina flew over to where Asher had sent the Bludger with her Bat in hand and when she had caught up with it Nina hit the Bludger with as much strength as she had, which redirected it back to Asher and Nina called out, "Asher watch out!" Nina gave Asher an apologetic look, Nina wasn't exactly the Beater of the century.

Asher ducked and turned as the Bludger cam back around. She whacked it again sending in completely to the other end of the pitch. "No worries!" she called to Nina.

Nina smiled and her thoughts began to wander to Alex, which somehow they always did know. I wonder if he would ask me to the Yule Ball, or I will have to be the idiot and ask and possibly ruin our friendship, Nina thought, it seemed that it was all she cared about lately. Then she flew down because she heard the Bludger return Nina didn't pay all that much attention to what she was doing. Then the Bludger continued to follow her so she stopped in her tracks and hit it up and Nina flew to the side and hit it into the goals. Nina smiled to herself as she did this, she didn't even mean to but she thought it was pretty neat.

Asher watched as the Bludger flew at Nina, who was apparently lost in thought. "Nina! Heads up!" she called. Nina seemed to snap out of her stupor just in time and moved out of the Bludger's way. It continued to follow her though and she managed to hit it into the goals. Asher flew up beside Nina. "Nice shot...but you may want to get your mind off of Alex...wouldn't want you to break your nose." she teased.

Nina blushed violently and thought, How does she always know exactly what I am thinking?! "Not exactly, that wouldn't be the best way to impress, he already teases me, lightly mind you, about being a rubbish flyer, he would be able to back it up if I did that." Nina said to Asher.

Asher chuckled. "If he calls you a rubbish flyer, he must not see many flyers. You're very good, and now with a Scarlet Streak, you'll be unstoppable." she mused with a smile.

Nina smiled, even though she didn't mind Alex's teasing one bit, actually not at all, because he would look at her with warm eyes after everything he said, to let her know that he didn't mean it, not one bit. At least that is was Nina got from that. Nina blushed violently at the thought of that. And she looked up at Asher pretending she didn't notice she was red in the face.

"I know how you feel." Asher mused recognizing the look on Nina's face. It was a look she got a lot. "The teasing doesn't bother you because there's caring behind it. Noah does it too." she said with a smile. She heard the Bludger whizzing toward them again. Without even looking Asher raised her bat and hit it across the field.

"Okay how do you do that?" Nina asked quite astonished, that Asher could tell perfectly what she was thinking, was she that easy to read?

"You and I aren't that different. Everything you feel for Alex is what I feel for Noah. I just recognize the expressions because I've had them before." Asher smiled warmly at her friend. They really had gotten quite close. Not something she was expecting on this trip, but something she was glad for all the same.

Nina narrowed her eyes, she knew what Asher said was true but still wanted to make sure she wasn't easy to read, she hated that. Nina shrugged the thought of merrily and smiled. "You know Asher, feel free to use that broom when you are here, I still would like to keep it, you know sentimental value but what's mine is yours." Nina said kindly, she was glad the two were friends.

Nina saw the look on Asher's face. Wow, Asher seems to be really thankful, I would do this for anyone, her life back home must be worse then I guessed, Nina thought straight faced and blocking out any emotion from this thought to her eyes. Then Nina smiled, to seem a little less harsh. "No problem." Nina said happily and began to do loops faster than she had ever done before because of her new broom.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back