New Arrival

Chavdar Zhefarovich

Wand
Poisonwood 14 3/4" Core of Basilisk Fang and Ebony 14" Core of Chimera Scale
Chavdar entered his home and used his wand to make Hadan's things to return to her new bedroom. Chavdar patted the girl on her shoulder, not even close to being happy. Venita was one of his closest friends, even if she was eleven years older than him, and she passed away. Chavdar felt horrible about this situation. And in her will, Venita wanted Chavdar to care for Hadan, the newly orphan girl. Her uncle was no where to be found either. This was a rough predictament, even for some of the worst things he had been through.

Chavdar led Hadan into the living room, and motioned for her to take a seat on the couch, once he sat down. Chavdar stared at his hands before glancing back at her. He sighed and shook his head, "I wish I knew what you were going through, Hadan. I know what it is like going through losing a mom. But never losing a twin, a father, and a mother."

He wanted to reach out to her, but he shook his head. He wasn't acting like himself, but rather a concerned man. A father. Maybe I am cut out for being a parent. Chavdar smiled very weakly. He wished Hadan could be the happy child, but knew better. At least she was going back to the school here in New Zealand. According to Venita, Hadan loved that school. Hopefully that will lift her spirits back up. Venita also mentioned her love for Durmstrang, however. He hoped that he was doing the best for Hadan, adopting her. He didn't change her last name, though. Hadan and her deceased twin shared the last name, so he assumed she didn't want to take up the name Zhefarovich.

Hadan followed Chavdar, whom she had only met a few times, into his home. It felt weird, having a dad again. She wondered if she would ever call him 'dad'. She never really knew Bryan, her biological father. Hadan watched Chavdar use his magic to take her belongings upstairs and into her new room. She marveled the house. Hues of blacks and greys everywhere.

Hadan followed Chavdar as if she were a lost puppy. She took a seat beside him, and turned to him. Her knees gently touched him. Hadan listened and nodded, "I know. But Tamara's death happened four years ago. Dad wasn't really there for me. And mom..." Hadan broke. She stared down, holding her tears in. After she was sure she wasn't going to cry, she pointed out, "Chavdar, you witnessed your mom being killed by your father. I overheard you and mom talking about it."

Hadan leaned against the couch, and inhaled the leather fragrance. Hadan wanted to prove to herself that she was a strong woman, or young girl. She was going back to Hogwarts New Zealand, and she was happy for that. Even though her face and eyes didn't show it.

Chavdar sighed, and patted her shoulder for comfort. He added, "Well, you have lost a lot, and well, maybe now that you are a part of this family more directly, you can somehow consider us...well, you know." Chavdar gave a warm smile to her. All he wanted was for her to be happy. "I know you overheard. You weren't always quiet when you were little, you know." Chavdar chuckled. He was over his mother's death. After all, he was practically raised by Tsvetanka anyway. When she died, he didn't act like himself.

Hadan glanced down at her hands, and then back up to Chavdar. She smiled at him, and said in a low voice, "Like, maybe calling you dad?" She wondered how he would react to that. Hadan didn't know whether she could ever call him 'dad'. But since she never really had one, she might give it a try.

Hadan laughed softly, "I thought I was being a ninja and sneaking around. I guess I can never be one." Hadan was acting more like a child, but right now, she could really careless.

Chavdar's smile vanished when she mentioned calling him 'dad'. He, at first, was too shocked to say anything. He finally murmured, "Whatever makes you happy." This is easier than I thought it would be. Chavdar chuckled in his mind. He had always had a soft spot for Hadan, like he now had one for Jaken.

Chavdar shrugged, "Well, you are quiet now. You barely make a sound when you walk. In fact, you are a lot like my father when it comes to being quiet." Asparuh wasn't always the loudest, and ignoring the evil aura around him, Chavdar would guess that no one would have noticed if he was around.

Chavdar offered, "Hadan, would you like anything to eat or drink?"

Hadan loved the reaction from Chavdar. Once he said that, Hadan grinned, "I think I could give it a shot, dad." Hadan smiled at him, and felt glad that she had a father figure in her life now. Even if he was a little young to be a father. Chavdar was only thirteen years older than she.

Hadan cocked her head to the side, but didn't comment. She had heard stories from her mother about Asparuh. He didn't seem like a nice man. She didn't know whether Venita and Asparuh had something against each other, but it was too late to ask her now.

Hadan smiled, "I wouldn't mind some water."

Chavdar gave her a look and remarked in a sarcastic tone, joking around, "Whatever you say, daughter." After hearing her request for water, Chavdar stood up from the couch, and ruffled Hadan's hair. He figured that messing around might make her feel more comfortable. Even when she was a small child, he always picked on her. As she always picked on him. He went to the kitchen to retrieve some water.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back