OOC First Name
Clara
Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Single (Looking)
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Sara wasn't used to dances, though she understood why people would enjoy going to such events. There weren't that many celebrations throughout the year for the brunette at home and it was nice to be doing different things at school with people around her age. She glanced around her, but so far she couldn't see her friends, she did spot her roommate Jessica so she waved at her before sighing in content, hoping there would be someone she could talk to, even if it meant it was someone she'd befriend that she didn't know or had never spoken to. Sara wondered if her brother was going, after all Sara knew he had a girlfriend - or at least, that was what it was like to the second year. The Slytherin adjusted her dress and decided to sit down at a table. She couldn't remember why she'd bought these shoes, they were uncomfortable and not worth the trouble.​

Last year, Isaac had managed to get away with not attending any events at Hogwarts. Unfortunately since his cousin had joined the school he felt the need to always be one step ahead of her, and no doubt she would be here that evening. Dressed in a plain suit, he made his way uncomfortably down to the Valentinus Dance. This wasn't his scene whatsoever, but if Daphne thought he was backing down, she would be mistaken. He stood around awkwardly on his own for a little while, before helping himself to a glass of punch. It wasn't the worst thing he'd ever tried, but it wasn't great. He sighed, looking around to see if his cousin had made it down here yet. As he looked around he spotted a couple of students from his lessons. One of them seemed to be sat by herself, and so Isaac made his way over, at the very least it would look to Daphne that he had a date. "Hey" he said, taking a seat beside the Slytherin student. "It's Sara right?" He asked, pulling out a chair and taking a seat behind her, trying not to grimace at the taste of his beverage as he took another sip.

Alexis had been sitting at the table after her friends went to the dance floor.She had already danced with them for the past thirty minutes so she told them she would sit the next song out. With a glass of pumpkin juice and some cookies,she continued watching the dance floor when a girl sat across her. She looked to be a bit older than her,probably a second year. The Ravenclaw recognized her from the rose delivery though.

Before Alexis had the chance to greet her,she noticed another student join the table. This time,she could recognize him from her House since he was a Ravenclaw. She was not sure of his name though. Isaac something. Not wasting a chance at makig new friends,she greeted them with a smile. "Hey guys!Enjoying the dance?",she turned to the girl,"You were also delivering roses too,right?" Alexis glanced at her housemate with uncertainty,"You're Ravenclaw too,right?Isaac.Am I right?I'm Alexis by the way.",she introduced herself with a friendly voice.

Sara hadn't expected to be approached that quickly by anyone, but at least it meant she didn't have to look awkward and like a loner. She smiled at the boy in her year who had appeared from behind her, he remembered her name? "Hey, yeah. And you're Isaac if I'm not mistaken," she half asked half stated, not one hundred per cent sure but then again Sara was usually right when it came to remembering names, especially of those who were her age.

It wasn't long before they were joined by another girl and Sara smiled at her as well, she couldn't recognise her from anywhere so she could easily be a first year. And not in her house. "Hello, I guess," she shrugged referring to enjoying the dance. She hadn't been here for that long but she also hadn't been to many events in her life so she couldn't compare it to much. She nodded her head at her question, the girl seemed excited but Sara couldn't blame her. Meeting new people was always exciting, at least to the brunette. "Yeah I was. Were you? It's nice to meet you Alexis, I'm Sara."

Isaac nodded at Sara, "That's the one" He replied, taking another sip of his punch. If he came to this event any other years, he'd have to remember to bring his own drinks. At least Sara had an idea of who he was. It made him feel less awkward than approaching a stranger. Before he could ask the Slytherin if she was waiting for anyone, another student arrived. Isaac didn't recognise this one so much, but after stating she was a Ravenclaw called Alexis, he was quietly glad he hadn't jumped to conclusions. He nodded as Alexis also knew his name, and wondered whether she'd spotted him in the common room. He'd not bothered with the roses at all. He thought it was completely pointless, and a waste of time to wander around the school searching for people you didn't know. Alexis seemed very excited at the dance though, and Isaac took her introduction as cue to find out more "So are either of you waiting for anyone?" He asked. He still hadn't spotted his cousin, and hoped she would turn up at some point during the night, and that the effort of making his way down here hadn't been for nothing.

Alexis smiled at Sara who was both pretty and friendly."Nice to meet you too,Sara.I also delivered roses.",she replied brightly. It was kind of fun to deliver roses and receive them at the same time."Did you get some as well?",she asked since roses was the only thing they have in common for now.

The first year was glad to get Isaac's name right. She was sometimes terrible at remembering names but she could remember faces very well.That was why she knew Sara was delivering roses.When asked about waiting for anyone,Alexis shook her head."No one in particular for me. I met some of my friends here though.How about you?",she asked in return to keep the conversation going. Just like Yule Ball,she did not go out with anyone which made it more fun. She could go around and meet as many people as she could.

The dance was at least more enjoyable now that she had company and didn't have to look for her friends all the time. Maybe they weren't even here, not that it mattered really. They were free to do whatever they wanted, though it got lonely sometimes. She shook her head at the younger girl's question. "No, I didn't get any," she shrugged, not really bothered by that fact. It wasn't that important to her, although she did enjoy delivering them to others receiving them herself wasn't what she expected. If anything, she'd rather not be disappointed if or when she didn't get one. "No, I'm not waiting for anyone either, I was hoping to see at least one of my friends but so far I haven't come across them," Sara replied to Isaac. She was about to ask him if he was but Alexis beat her to it.​

Isaac shook his head, of course he didn't receive any roses. Hardly anyone knew his name let alone were that way inclined. He was honestly quite surprised at how many couple had come to the dance, as he looked around the hall as they were enjoying themselves. He would never get up and dance unless it was act, the idea of it repulsed him. He leaned over and pushed his glass onto the table, unable to take it anymore. "I'm not meeting anyone. At least not on purpose" he replied to the girls, the latter part under his breath. He would have asked who their friends are, but he didn't really care, and it wasn't as though he was going to remember them. He sighed, the idea of returning to his dorm played on his mind, even though he'd only been here a few minutes.

Daphne had spent no less than 2 and a half hours preparing for her evening, and even though she wasn't going to be attending the dance with anyone special she wanted to feel special about herself. Her dad had sent her a new dress especially for the occasion, which she now wore as she entered the Great Hall. Her eyes quickly scanned the room, hoping to find someone she knew, but she was ultimately disappointed. In her black heels, Daphne walked carefully over to the refreshments to get herself a drink, but recognised the voice of a girl speaking a familiar name. She turned to see her cousin, wrapped up in conversation with two other students, and she rolled her eyes in his direction. No doubt he was here just to taunt her. It was as though he thought he didn't need to put any effort into his approach, and he'd somehow be better than her. "What are you doing?" She snapped, looking between her cousin and the two other girls. She recognised one of them from her classes, but she didn't know her name. There wasn't much point paying attention in lessons, she wouldn't be here very long after all.

Alexis just nodded upon hearing that her new friends had not received any roses. She received two but did not bother telling that to them. A new song played with an upbeat tune. The Ravenclaw tapped her hand softly to the beat,her guitar skill getting the best of her. She listened as Sara and Isaac mentioned not being at the dance with someone."Seems like we are going to spend a part of the evening together.",she said with a laugh. She was about to suggest dancing when another student approached them. Alexis thought this girl was about their age yet she striked a bit of a resemblance to Isaac.She just watched as this girl spoke to the Ravenclaw boy.

Sara nodded absent-mindedly at both Isaac and Alexis. "Seems like it," she agreed while glancing at Alexis. It wasn't long before they were joined by another student, a girl in her year to whom Sara had never spoken. She couldn't remember her name either, though, despite them being in some of the same classes for over a year. She was about to invite her to the group officially but stopped herself short when she heard her comment. "You two know each other?" she asked instead, glancing back and forth between her new friend and the girl in front of them. If she looked for long enough at both of them, they kind of resembled each other. Sara hoped she didn't have to worry about this girl because she was just on the road to making new friends. By the sounds of it, the girl was either rude or she was just having a really bad day. Sara hoped it was the latter, that the other brunette was nicer than she was acting.​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back