Blood Status
Unknown
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Straight
Wand
Curly 12 Inch Swishy Ivy Wand with Mermaid Scale Core
Although she still felt horrible about everything at the start of the year, Emily was finally beginning to feel like herself again. Mum had been counseling her again, and the combination of that support and having gotten out into the school delivering roses without incident, Emily finally felt like she could walk the halls of Hogwarts normally, without being scared she would run into Alice's cousins. Without fearing people would look at her like some kind of violent monster. That anger was inside her, but it wasn't who she was, and Emily was starting to feel more settled again at long last.

So after mustering her courage, Emily had decided today to do something she should have done a long time ago. She had sent Abian a pink rose last year, had been hoping to tell him how she felt at the start of this year, but everything had all fallen apart. Now that she had pulled herself back together, Emily was ready to get back on track. She had asked Abian to meet her in the courtyard with their boards and was trying to conceal her nerves as she waited, doing a few ollies and kickflips up and down the courtyard to try and distract herself from her worries. What was she worrying about? Emily was never nervous, and it wasn't fair for some stupid boy to be able to make her nervous. No, she wasn't nervous at all, she was gonna totally crush this, and ask Abian out the best anyone had ever been asked out, end of story.

Valentine's day had been a confusing experience, but also kind of fun. He had sent two pink roses, and had received two pink ones as well. It was too much to hope they were from the same people, but Abian could daydream if he wanted to. Jacob seemed a bit out of his reach, but maybe.. maybe he thought Abian was cool too. He'd been a bit mad with him, but at least that was now over. But Emily was a slightly different story. He was friends with Jacob, but Emily was just this cool girl he often stared at in class and had embarrassed himself in front of. But now... she had sent him a note to meet him at the courtyard. What did it mean? She had asked him to take his board and he hoped he could impress her, something he had failed at miserably last time. But as he approached her on his board and saw her already skating around, his stomach twisted into knots. He was going to humiliate himself again, he just knew it. But still, he approached. "Hey." He said, stopping his board and waving at her. "Thanks for asking me to hang out." He added, a little awkwardly.

Emily's inner pep talk was cut short at the sight of Abian entering the courtyard. He was so cute! How was someone so cute just walking around the school without a girlfriend? Ugh! She kicked her board up into her hand as he met her, unable to help the grin that had spread on her face. "No worries!" Emily said cheerfully, running through a dozen different plans in her mind. Should she play coy? Should she just ask him? Should she just kiss him?! It was all a lot, and Emily decided to take this slow, leading into the subject the only way that seemed to make sense. "So... did you get my other message?" She asked, grinning slightly and rocking back and forth on her feet.

The way Emily smoothly kicked up her board made Abian's heart flutter in admiration. He had never really known a girl who could skateboard well besides Emily, and it was awesome that she was so good at it. He grinned, moving closer to her. But his grin faltered at her question. "What?" He asked, frowning in confusion. Had she sent another message? He hadn't gotten anything. "Uh, no... I think I missed it." He scratched his neck. "Sorry."

When Abian didn't understand Emily almost backed out, nerves hitting her for a moment. But no, now was not the time for nerves. There was a very cute boy in front of her, and Emily was a Gryffindor. She was going to do this, no backing down. "Really?" She said with a small smile, leaning a little closer. "I'm pretty sure I said U were a Q T." Emily teased with a nervous smile, enunciating the words she had deliberately shortened in her message.

Abian frowned at Emily, feeling nervous about this whole interaction. He was definitely missing something here. He blushed when she leaned closer, and blinked at her next words. It took him a moment to recognize the words as the ones on note that came with the pink rose. His mouth opened slightly in surprise. "Oh." He said, blinking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back