🌹 Rose Giving Needle in a Haystack

Axel Zhefarovich II

OOC First Name
Cyndi
Blood Status
Pure Blood
Axel had been having a lot of trouble finding this person. He'd asked around the Great Hall but it was pretty empty by then. He'd been out on the pitch and had asked after her there. With a sigh, Axel entered the arts room. He'd been here once or twice but didn't spend a ton of time here. "Excuse me...do you know where I could find Brooke Townsend?" he asked a guy who looked a little older then him. The kid ignored him, and Axel rolled his eyes, turning to find someone else to ask.

It was nearly impossible to find a quiet place to work on Valentine's. Brooke knew the library would be right out already, and the common room and hall were a mess with students discussing roses or dance plans. The arts room wasn't one of her usual haunts but Brooke was somehow already behind on all her OWL work and at this point anywhere with a table and semi-quiet was good enough.

She glanced up when someone said her name, engrossed in her Transfig work enough to nearly forget that she might be receiving more roses. "Hello, that's me, over here," she said, leaning back slightly on her stool so the student could spot her as she waved him over.

"Thank you" Axel said out loud as Brooke identified herself. At least someone wanted to help him. "I've looked for you everywhere" Axel commented as he looked for her rose. "Huh, that's funny" he stated, taking another look in the bucket before turning his attention back to the girl. "It's just the rose here" he stated as he held out the yellow flower.

Brooke hoped her smile didn't look too strained when the boy mentioned he'd been looking everywhere, brushing her hair over her shoulder. "Well, yes, sorry, it's been a bit hard to find somewhere quiet enough today," she said, leaning a little closer when the boy dug in his bucket for the rose note but didn't produce anything. "You're sure?" She said curiously, taking the rose and trying not to frown. "You didn't lose it, right?" The kid looked like a lower year student and Brooke didn't recognize him, so she wouldn't be surprised if he was just pretending to not get in trouble.

"Noooo" he stated, slightly offended at the accusation. "You can look for yourself if you want" he added, tilting the bucket so she could see the remaining notes were attached to roses. There were no fallen notes in his bucket. Axel knew he'd been keeping good track of things. "See?"

Brooke looked properly when the boy titled his rose bucket, frowning when she could confirm there weren't any notes unaccounted for (though it still didn't mean the boy hadn't just lost it. Or given it to someone else). She sat back in her seat, tilted the rose in her hand pensively. "Well that's annoying," she said with a sigh. It wasn't no fun really getting a rose, especially a yellow one, if she didn't know who it was from. "But thank you, I suppose. I know you're working very hard." The last part of the her sentence may have not been entirely sincere, but Brooke wasn't going to be outright rude at least.

"You're welcome" Axel stated, still feeling slightly offended by the whole matter though he softened as he realized he'd be pretty confused and annoyed if he got a rose with no note. "Maybe whoever gave you the rose will tell you in person that they sent you one" he shrugged. He didn't know, but he hoped what he said was true. "I have a few more deliveries to make, so see ya" he waved as he picked up his bucket to head out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back