Nationals

Cyndi's eyes lit up as she heard that Kiera and Alex were back together. She wondered whether this was the news that Kiera meant to tell her, but then figured it wasn't since she said she would tell Cyndi later. "Oh my gosh...I'm so happy for you guys" Cyndi said with a smile, and almost as soon as she said that, he had joined the group. She truly was happy that they were back together because Alex was a really great guy. She smiled at him and waved, though she wasn't sure if he saw considering that the pair was busy snogging. "Graduation was great" Cyndi answered as he broke away from Kiera and asked her a question.

When Kiera met Cyndi's eye, she gave her friend a curious glance and then gazed in the direction that she seemed to be facing. Trying to appear nonchalant, Cyndi saw James Potter standing in the room. What is he doing here? Cyndi thought but didn't ask as Kiera stepped away. As Alex looked at the eighteen year old in a confused way, she shrugged and bit her lip, hoping that he wouldn't look in the direction that Kiera had gone. Unfortunately, he seemed to spot the pair. Oh no, Cyndi thought thinking that something might occur between the two guys. She held her breath waiting for Alex to march over, but instead he turned to the group and asked how they were.

Quickly, Cyndi jumped in. "I'm good. Enjoying the fact that I won't have to go to school anymore. How about you? Summer going well?" She realized she was rambling a bit and stopped, wishing that the competition would begin soon.

"Well you definitely pull it off well" James said with a smile as he glanced up and saw a few other people he knew, though not that well. James was sure that he wouldn't be invited to join them but in the end didn't really care. He hadn't come here for them, he'd made his way here for Kiera and that was all that mattered. "So uh... any particularly good seat I should try to snag?" James asked trying to appear as though he hadn't noticed the boyfriend. James didn't want to do anything that would make Kiera's day anything less then special but a part of him that was very competitive still wanted to show Alex that he was not out of the game yet. Kiera was not a trophy to be won, but a privilege to be earned and that was something James was going to get by sheer determination. It was something he was sure Alex wouldn't understand but would definitely play in James' favor.

The building was definitely starting to get more crowded and James knew that he was going to have to take his seat sooner then later. "You really do look great" James said with a smile glad to see that his feelings for Kiera hadn't changed over the two months they'd been away from each other. He was even more glad to see that her feelings hadn't changed towards him either. It wasn't anything that she said but more the way she acted, It seemed to be a bit like when they had first met. Mystery and Intrigued along with a natural attraction seemed to be there with them, It was another things that James was sure Alex probably wouldn't understand. James wasn't the fling that Kiera would eventually get bored and tired of, Alex was.

Kiera blushed slightly as James complemented the way she look. She had to admit she had put a little extra effort into her appearance. It mattered a bit to the judges as to what you looked like. "Thank you." she said with a smile. It was a nice thing to hear before having to parade yourself around the floor. Kiera grinned as he asked if there was any particular seating he should get. Kiera nodded her head. "Actually there is a section just for friends and family. I put your name on a list and they will let you in if you want to sit there. But really there aren't any bad seats in here." she said smiling up at him.

Kiera had to admit that she was really happy to see him here. It was a pleasant surprise. She had almost everyone here that meant something to her, minus a few of her friends from Hogwarts. Kiera could still feel the attraction between herself and James. She could tell his feelings hadn't changed from his speech. Kiera blushed again as James complimented her again. "You really know how to boost my self esteem." she said only slightly joking. Kiera looked back to check on Alex. He didn't look like he was unhappy so she figured he was alright with James being here. Kiera smiled charmingly up at James. "I really am glad you made it." she told him, sincerity obvious in her eyes.

Arielle smiled as Kiera's boyfriend came up behind her. Her friend had talked nonstop about Alex this summer at the gym. She laughed at Alex. He really was as funny as Kiera said. "Yes, I am the competition and I am going to stomp your girl there." she joked back. Arie knew it really would be a hard struggle to beat Kiera.

Arielle looked curiously as Kiera left them to go talk to another boy. She had no clue who that was but he kissed her on the cheek. Arielle frowned. She turned her attention back to Alex. "I'm nervous." she admitted. She looked back at Alex. "So you go to school with Kiera and Nina right?" she asked.

Alex smiled as Cyndi responded to his questions. 'I'm glad graduation was great. Yeah, my summer going good so far. Thinking of passing my driving test and maybe earning a few bob to buy a car of my own soon,' he replied, laughing slightly.
He smiled at Arielle as she begun speaking to him again. 'Yep. Last year after the summer,' he replied, pulling a worried face. He glanced at Kiera and James once more before deciding he was a getting a bit too comfy for his liking. Giving them another smile, he decided he would excuse himself. 'Excuse me for a sec' he told them, before walking over to his girl and that toerag of a boy.
'Hello James. Been a while, hasn't it?' he greeted James, of course, being very polite. But if anyone was as smart as him, sending him a look to be careful. They had already fought once and Alex would have no regrets to do so again with him.

Cyndi listened to Alex. "That sounds cool." When she saw Alex glance over at Kiera and James, she tensed up slightly. She hoped that both guys would behave themselves on Kiera's big day and wondered whether they would. As Alex excused himself, the eighteen year old made a feeble attempt to stop him. "Alex..." she began in warning, but he was already gone.

Sighing, Cyndi turned to Nina and Ari. She smiled faintly at them. " So, how many times have you beaten Kiera?" she asked the gymnast.

Kiera turned as Alex joined her and James. Kiera was immediately nervous as he walked over. She was afraid the two boys would start fighting, like they had already done back at the castle. She didn't want either boy to get hurt and she definitely did not want the two of them fighting right before her competition. It could get them both kicked out and Kiera needed their support. She knew Alex did not like it that she was talking to James, and James probably wouldn't be too crazy about Alex interrupting. Kiera was in a tough position. She had to do something to stop the fight.

Kiera smiled at Alex. She stepped closer and took his hand. If she was holding his hand, maybe he wouldn't try to hit James. Kiera knew James cared about her and wouldn't want her hurt. If she was beside Alex, maybe he wouldn't try to hit Alex in case he got Kiera instead. She didn't know if this logic would work but she hoped it would. She waited anxiously to see what James would say. She looked pleadingly at James, hoping he and Alex wouldn't ruin her focus.

Arielle smiled at Alex as he spoke. He seemed to be a nice boy and really like Kiera. Arie frowned as he excused himself and when to where Kiera and that other boy were standing. He didn't appear to like the other boy. Arielle picked up on Cyndi's worried expression as the girl made an attempt to stop Alex from going over there. Obviously, there was tension there.

Arielle looked back at Cyndi and Nina, confused. "What's going on? Who is that boy?" she asked, wanted to know what was happening. She smiled as Cyndi asked her another question. She shook her head. "I don't really keep up with that. Its about even of how many times I have beaten her and vise versa. Though I did beat her in the overall competition last summer." she said grinning.

Nina rolled her hazel eyes at Kiera. The girl just didn't understand that she wasn't jealous that Alex wasn't all over her. She was just disappointed for Alex that he had sunk so low as to go out with a girl as insufferable as Kiera Kingsley. She had Zachary and was so in love with him, it really wouldn't matter if Alex was dating someone or not, she was much too wrapped up in her own perfect relationship.

As Cyndi asked how everyone's summer had been, she smiled and answered, "Great. I went to Germany for a week than moved in with my boyfriend." Colour reached Nina's cheeks but she ignored that and asked, "How about yours?"

When Kiera left, Nina's facial expression changed seeing Alex's facade. One she knew well, after six years of being his good friend and one year of dating him, she knew the boy possibly more than anyone, despite their recent distance. She glanced over to where Kiera ran off to, only to see James Potter. A boy she remembered from Hogwarts Scotland and never liked the company of. He had treated Isabella far too poorly, in her opinion. Girlfriend trouble.. I see now, she thought, recalling her meeting with Alex in the Forbidden Forest. As she turned to look back at Alex, he was gone.

Nina's lips curled downwards into a worried frown. "Poor Alex," she muttered quietly, shaking her head softly to herself. When Arielle asked who James was she answered, "My assumption, is that Kingsley did something with Potter while she and Alex were dating. But.." she began to say that she could be wrong but she shook her head. "No, I'm certain I'm right."

Arielle frowned at Nina's words at who this boy was. That did not sound like her friend at all. Kiera and Alex seemed so perfect together. What would have made her friend threaten that relationship? Arie looked back to where the small group was. She looked this Potter boy over. Sure, he was handsome and well muscled but Alex was equally as handsome. Arielle frowned as she looked back at Nina and Cyndi. "Is that true?" she asked, still a bit confused. "That really doesn't sound like Kiera." she said frowning.

James was about to say something endearing to Kiera when Alex showed up. James knew that Alex probably wanted to fight again and on any other day James would've been more then up for a row but James was not an idiot and knew that this was Kiera's day and that was all he really cared about. "Yeah, it's been a while" James said with a smile towards Alex not even a hint of animosity in his voice. "I was just wishing Kiera good luck" James said as he turned his eyes towards hers, she seemed to be working something in her head and James couldn't help but wonder if she thought that James would just start beating down Alex in the middle of all these people. James wondered if that was a person Kiera saw him as and scolded her in his mind, it hadn't been James that had picked the last fight and he had given Alex a free shot. Alex had been the one that had wanted to keep going and so James had to fight him, which lead to both of them receiving a few injuries though James had recovered from his quicker.

James looked back at Alex and smiled again "Kiera was just telling me there was a spot for friends and family" James said with a bit of a casual flare "you wouldn't mind if I sit with you guys would you?" James asked Alex wondering what he was going to say. James was going to be as cordial as possible and if Alex wanted to play the game then he would too. It didn't really matter to James whether Kiera was holding his hand right now because that was only a temporary problem. James wondered if Alex even knew that James that suggested Kiera be with Alex and only because she had another year left at school and James would be traveling alot with the Canons. James had to wonder what Kiera would think when she left Hogwarts and entered the real world, when she and James would be able to fully commit.

Alex smiled at Kiera and took her hand just the same as she did to him. He listened as James started talking about what Kiera had been saying. Of course he should be wishing her luck, he was her friend after all but it still made Alex annoyed when he thought it was ok to kiss her in the public, especially with their past that he knew of. He shook his head at James question.
'Nope. No bother at all. After all, there's plenty of seats I guess,' he replied to him, hiding anything against him. He thought about it for a split second before giving him a smile. If he thought he would be the only one playing the cards right, he was sorely mistaken. Alex would try hard to keep his girlfriend as long as possible. It hadn't been that long since his pride was broken in two already.

Kiera was tense as she waited for James to say something back to Alex. Today was already a stressful day for her and she didn't need anything else to worry her. Kiera saw James giving Alex a smile that was free of any ill will towards him. Kiera relaxed as she saw James look at her. Her eyes clearly showed her gratitude. Kiera's smile faltered at James's last words. She hoped Alex wouldn't get upset with her for telling James that he was allowed to sit in the friends and family section. After all, he was her friend and Alex knew that.

Kiera looked up at her boyfriend, wondering what his response would be. She was comforted slightly as he held her hand. She knew that it would be difficult for Alex to have seen James kiss her on the cheek innocently. Kiera's face broke out into a true smile as Alex was just as cordial back to James. Kiera nodded her head at his statement. "There are plenty of seats. Your names are all on the list." she informed Alex. "My dad, sister and brother are all already up there. You can sit with them if you like, but don't forget about Cyndi." Kiera cautioned Alex. Kiera knew Alex and Cyndi were friends. She only hoped Nina did not sit by Alex.

Cyndi listened to Arielle say that the two girls were basically even. "Today should be very interesting then" the eighteen year old said. In more ways than one, she added silently, glancing over at the trio standing not too far away. She listened silently as Arielle inquired about James and Nina told what she thought had happened between Kiera and Potter. When the muggle girl turned to her and asked her if it was true, Cyndi bit her lip.

"I really'd rather not talk about it...If you want to know what happened, you should probably ask Kiera yourself" Cyndi said after a moment of silence. She didn't want to go into the long story and she didn't feel as if it was her business to do that either. Standing there, she crossed her arms under her chest and frowned slightly at Nina, who seemed ready to believe that Kiera was totally at fault for the situation. What's she got against Kiera? Cyndi thought to herself wondering why the two girls didn't like each other.

She looked back at the group and saw that everyone seemed to be smiling. It was difficult to tell whether the smiles were forced or not, but at least they were there. "See...they seem fine." she said more to reassure herself than the others.

"Well then" James said pleasantly "I'm sure Kiera's going to want to prep for the match, shall we take our seats?" James asked more to Alex then to Kiera in a look that showed no harm. James didn't wait for him to answer as he walked past towards Cyndi and the rest "Good morning ladies" James said knowing that blowing off Alex was a better way to spend his energy then faking kindness. James had never really spoken with the other girls except perhaps Nina who liked to hold a stupid grudge against him. James had dated Isabella and even though she had been the one to break up with James, Nina held James at fault. James had wondered a few times if this was really jealously since James had never really paid her that much attention even when they attended the same school. James wouldn't have put it past Nina to be like that though he didn't show any of this on his face. "What's your name?" James asked the two girls that he didn't know.

Kiera smiled at James as he walked away. She was proud of him and Alex for taking the high road and not fighting. Somehow, she knew it was all for her. Kiera turned back to Alex. "Thank you." she said simply, hoping he would understand. "He really is right though, I have to finish my warm up. The competition should start in about five minutes." she told him. "I will see you afterwards." she said with a grin on her face. Kiera gave him a kiss before running over to the beam to practice her dismount once.

Arielle bit her lip as Cyndi said she would rather not talk about the situation. It sounded like Nina's explaination was probably the correct one though she didn't think that sounded like her friend at all. She turned to Cyndi and smiled. "I understand. I will ask her." she said, knowing Kiera would probably tell her. Arie glance back over at the small group before she spotted the boy called James turning to walk towards them. She smiled a friendly smile as the boy said hello and asked her name. "Morning to you too." she said in a pleasant voice. "I'm Arielle but I prefer just Arie." she said using the nickname Nina had made up for her when they were little. Arielle saw Kiera up on the beam and her coach was yelling for her to come warm up as well. She turned back to the group. "It was nice to meet you both but I am afraid I will have to run." she said in an apologetic voice. "Nina I'll see you after!" she said with a smile to her best friend before sprinting off to where her teammates were.

Alex nodded as James said they should take theirs seats. He turned to Kiera and smiled at her. 'Yep. Go get 'em all,' he replied to her returning the kiss and watching her and then Arielle go off to warm up. He laughed and shook his head before walking back to the others. 'Anyway, hi again,' he told the rest, ignoring James was there. There was no need to pretend to like him now that Kiera wasn't there to get hurt.
He waited before the call over the speakers announced the competition was about to start again. 'Hmm, I think Kiera's second in this one. Shall we be off to the seats guys?' he asked the girls cheerfully, wondering if Arie was really good. But Kiera said she went up and down on the scale every year so she would be coming at least top five this year he guessed to himself.

As Cyndi looked around, she saw that more and more of the competitors seemed to be warming up and getting ready for the competition to begin. She smiled at James as he joined the group. Despite graduating together, she would never consider the two of them close, and he proved that when he asked her name. Cyndi waved goodbye to Arie and then turned to James and answered him. "I'm Cyndi" she began and then briefly added, "We graduated together."

She then turned her attention to Alex, who had also joined the group. She smiled at him, more comfortable now that someone she knew a little better was in her presence. She didn't know either James or Nina very well, and she wasn't sure how she felt about either of them. James had caused a lot of problems for Alex and Kiera towards the end of the semester, and Cyndi didn't like Nina's obvious dislike of Kiera. She hoped that it wouldn't be just as interesting in the stands as it was on the floor.

"Yea we should...I hope we have good seats" Cyndi said with a nod. She began to get a little nervous for Kiera, and hoped that she did well. Her friend had been practicing all year long, and she had watched some of her practices, though she couldn't really offer her friend anything other than support since she didn't know much about doing gymnastics. She couldn't help but hope that Arielle would be a little off her game and that Kiera would be very on.

Kiera smiled as she landed her beam dismount perfectly. At that moment, the announcer came over the intercom and stated that the competition was officially beginning. Kiera took her place with her team as she waited for her turn to preform her first event. The girl who was on the beam in front of her at the moment was not a threat to her. She had barely even qualified to come to Nationals. However, Kiera clapped as she finished her routine.

It was now Kiera's turn. She walked over to the basin of chalk and wiped it onto her hands and feet. Then, she began her routine. It had the highest difficulty in the competition. Kiera faltered in the middle of the routine and almost lost her balance. However, it didn't shake her confidence. She finished strongly with a smile on her face. She grinned up at her cheering section, finding each of their faces.

Alex nodded to Cyndi. 'So do I.But if we do not move, we are so going to be late,' he joked with her before going behind her and pushing her to the seating area where family and freinds went. It was all in good humor though. Standing and observing the amount of chairs left empty was the perfect amount for them all, including James.
'After you ladies and James,' he replied, watching as Kiera seemed to start her routine on the beam. He joined in with the oos and ahhs at her every move before wolf whistling as she finished with that strong and confident smile on her face. She had to have won for that he thought as he clapped for her.

Arielle cheered on her teammate and friend. She saw Kiera's boyfriend whistling at Kiera and couldn't help but laugh. The girl was very lucky in her friends. Next, it was Arielle's turn to go. She made sure to chalk her hands and feet before stepping up to the beam. Arielle preformed a solid routine. The only thing that was off was her landing. She hadn't quite made a complete three twists. She was disappointed but tried not to think about it. It was only the first event.

Cyndi followed Alex to their seats and pushed him back playfully as they made their way there. Pretty soon, Kiera began her routine and she watched with bated breath. After every move, Cyndi clapped her hands together. At one point, Kiera slightly lost her balance and the eighteen year old gripped the front of the chair behind her, only easing her grip when Kiera was back into her routine. As she dismounted and landed well, Cyndi jumped to her feet and cheered. "Kiera! Woo!" she yelled as she clapped and cheered.

As Arie walked to the beam to begin, Cyndi smiled and clapped. She hoped that the girl would do well, just not as well as Kiera. Her routine was different from Kiera's, but she couldn't tell if it was more difficult or not. It didn't seem so, but she couldn't be sure. The end of her routine was a little off, but overall her routine looked pretty good to Cyndi. She stood up and clapped for Arie.

Kiera heard what she knew had to be Alex, wolf whistling. She grinned broadly up in his direction. She heard Cyndi cheering for her. She was relaxed as she could be. Kiera had always been a natural in front of crowds. She watched Arielle's routine, shouting encouragements. Her routine was clean and precise. It made Kiera nervous. She hugged her friend before they moved rotations. It was now her team's turn on the uneven parallel bars.

The order went the same as it had on the beam. Kiera was second to compete. She cleared her head before jumping up to the bars. Kiera's routine was flawless. She stuck her landing. Kiera beamed into the crowd. Arie almost always beat her at this even but at least she would probably get second.

Arielle watched Kiera's routine with interest. Arie always won this event. Today would be no different. Her routine was the most difficult one in the country. Arie congratulated her friend as she finished her routine. Kiera had done brillantly but not well enough to beat her. Arielle smiled smugly as she moved into her position to start her routine. She nailed her landing. Arie smiled brightly into the crowd. She knew she had that gold medal at least.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back