N Ireland Issues

Marko Prince

Wand
Birch Wand 14 1/2" Essence of Pheonix Feather
So have you guys heard about the issues in Northern Ireland , These killings that have been happening (The two english soldiers and then the police man) I really think these people should just gibe up and leave everyone alone, Come on it is like 20 years ago all over again or the start of it.

So Discuss?

Could you give more information? Maybe a link to a news article, too? :)

This is about that silly catholic protestant business again, though, right?

You got there before me Darren :p

Well seeing as I live in Northern Ireland, this stuff is pretty close to me, and I have been slightly POed about it since Saturday, when the first of the killings happened.

And Nick, it is the Nationalists V Loyalists thing all over again, basically the Real IRA wanting the British out. NOT the silly catholic V protestant thing all over again :oy: It was never catholic V protestant, that was just what the rest of the world thought because it was easier for them not to understand.

This is the story from Saturday Night As Darren said, two British solders were killed on Saturday night around 9PM GMT. There was four other people were injured in this attack.

This was a big shock for me to be honest. It was even was when my friend told me that they left a car, which supposedly has a bomb in it, a few minutes from her house. Which 5 days later is still there, untouched.

Now on to Monday night. Around the same time, a bit further away this time, a police officer was killed. Here is the news report.

Now for my view, apart from been POed. I was born after the troubles. Mum, dad and my granny have told me about it, and I learned it in History class. And frankly I am outraged that this has started all over again. It's been 12 years since a soldier and 10 years since a policeman have been murdered by paramilitaries and to have these murders within two days of each other stinks of the dark ages.

That's all my views for the moment :)

Brilliantly put Patricia.

I feel for all the people who live in Northern Ireland. They need to live knowing that those events are close to them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back