My Place; Smoothies.

Tawny Lao

OOC First Name
Cole
Wand
Yew Wand 14" Essence of Fairy Dust
The silence was short lived with the sounds of apparation. Tawny did not give Sang-Min a chance to comment on her height before they left the restaurant, and decided she might as well get home first if he was going to change his mind. The loud crack as they arrived signaled Tawny and Sang-Min's arrival in the quiet area. it was out back of there house, where there were large trees and green grass everywhere. The garden was in full bloom with Night jasmine, something Tawny had been taking care of for a while. She loved Herbology, and plants of any sort. She took good care of nature. She took him around front of the house, and made a hand motion. "This, is shay Tawny!" She said, her smile big and wide. The house was big, and that's the way her parents liked it. Tawny wasn't necessarily huge on luxuries, but she didn't mind them either. It was her parent's money that had given her the opportunity to become the dancer she was today. "This is the family room," she said with a grin, motioning around the room. She pointed to the staircase and smiled. "Mine and my two sister's rooms are up there. And around the corner is the kitchen." She smiled back at him.

there was always an upside to being wealthy. you had a lot of the things you wanted, people knew you, and you were able to spend time together in the best ways. But there was also a downside. people tended to view you differently, and people would use your power for their gain. Sometimes, money didn't matter at all. When in her third year, she was beaten up, even though her family had a powerful status. Tawny would always appreciate the money, but she didn't want it all when she got married. She wanted to live normally, only asking for money if she needed it. "Wanna get started on the smoothies?" She asked. "I can try and help!"

Apparation was not one of Sang-Min' s favorite things, but it was how he got around. He did not like flying or carrying a broom, so he apparated. Cherrie hated the sound of apparation, so he did not apparate around his cousin. Sang-Min smiled when they arrived at Tawny's home. He thought it was funny that a small girl like Tawny had a such a huge house. He hid his laughter though. Tawny gave Sang-Min a quick tour of her house. He thought it was beautiful, inside and out. "Your home is so adorable, Tawny!" he said happily. He looked down at Tawny. She was short, but he thought it was uber cute. It made him want to pick her up and coddle her. He did not want to do that without her permission though. She probably hated it. He did not want to annoy the part-goblin girl.

Sang-Min giggled and skipped to the kitchen. "Don't worry about anything, Tawny. I got this all covered." he said happily. He snapped his finger and his backpack went from his back to on the couch. He set all the fruits out on the counter in the kitchen. He first washed his hands before he decided to do anything. He did not want to spread any germs into the smoothies. That would not be adorable.

Tawny was happy to see that Sang-Min enjoyed the tour. "My father did the decorating." He commented. "The whole house was a fixer-upper, but he said it was worth it. We had to have a lot of rooms in the house for each of us. My big sister moved out though, and her room is just spare room." Tawny didn't know what it was, but her buzz had slightly downed a bit. Maybe it was the sobering sound of an apparation, or maybe it had been the chilly night air. Either way, she was thankful that she wasn't going to be giggling and stumbling around all night. Tawny removed her fluffy blue coat at that, realizing that it was slightly warm in the house. Her parents must have only left a little while ago. "My mom did the carpeting though, and my sister sewed the curtains; she's actually a seamstress, she made this dress." Most, if not all of Tawny's cloths had to be custom made because of her size. If they were not custom, then they were altered.

Tawny smiled and laughed slightly. There was something so refreshing about the way that Sang-Min acted. "If you're sure, do you mind if i watch?" She asked. She had never actually prepared a smoothie, but she would have been completely okay with helping him. Tawny smiled and looked, waiting to hear if she'd be able to.

Sang-Min found the extra information to be unecessary, but acted interested. He did not really give people extra information unless they asked for it. That was just house he was. He was sure no one was going to ask if he was a gang member, so that information was safe. He hoped it was at least. "Of course you can watch. It may be kind of messy though." he warned her. Sang-Min was clean when it came to his body, but whenever he cooked he made a mess. The results always turned out good, so he guessed it was worth. He scanned the kitchen quickly, trying to find a knife. He found one and used a levitation charm to bring it to him. He would not use the summoning charm because it would surely make a bloddy mess of him. He had already washed the fruits, so all he needed to do was peel them and cut them up! "Do you want me to leave the skin on the fruit, or do you want me to peel it off?" he asked Tawny. In his culture, fruits were mostly peeled before they were consumed, but Tawny could be different.

Tawny kept a toothy grin on her face, and looked up at Sang-Min. She suddenly felt compelled to ask what he thought about her height. She had this urge to know, but she would save it. She figured it was something that was best left unsaid. if she brought it up and he was just hiding his emotions, she would hear something she didn't want to hear. "Messy? i lived in a house with three other sisters. i know messy inside and out." She said, her speech still only slightly slurred. She followed him, still giggly, and climbed onto a chair, and then onto a counter. "Oh, wait. Mom and dad have a special stock of wines, if you want to add them?" she asked, missing the feeling of being buzzed. "Skinless please!" She said, it was a natural thing in her house. They only ate skinless fruit, and she figured it was tradition. curiosity finally got the best of her though, and with a bit of courage from the alcohol she asked, "So, you don't mind how short i am, right?" she might regret it, and she might not. it was good to get it out of the way now, though.

Sang-Min giggled. He guessed Tawny knew what messy was since she had more siblings than him. He was an only child. He was pretty wild as a toddler, so he was sure his parents thought he was as messy and three children. He was much more clean and organized now. He was an adult. He had to be that way in order to make himself look good. "I am sure you do know messy more than me." he giggled. He started to peel a mango with the knife. Sang-Min tried to focus on peeling the fruit and listening to Tawny at the same time. It was hard because usually when he peeled fruit he was alone. Cherrie did not watch what he did often. His cousin did not care much for him. "You can go choose one of you want, sunshine." he told Tawny and kept peeling the mango. If they were going to add wine in it then he would not drink a lot of the smoothie. He did not want to get drunk and do anything he regretted with her. Sang-Min was surprised at Tawny's next question. It made him smirk. "Sunshine. If I did mind how short you are then I would not be here right now. Does that answer your question?" he asked and gently pinched her cheek. He then went back to peeling the mango. He was almost done with it. Things like this needed a ton of concentration, and he was not getting it.

Something about Sang-Min's giggles made Tawny smile slightly, and her stomach did flips. She brushed back her black bangs and smiled at him. he was really something else. She wondered if this was what it was like to maybe move on? She had had her heart broken by her best friend, though they remained on good terms, and maybe this was her chance to move on. Maybe his was her chance to have a crush on someone, and be playful with them, like she had seen her sisters do. In all honesty, though, Tawny knew nothing about those sorts of things. She had never even kissed a boy. However, she would never rule anything out. She hopped off the counter, about a three to five foot drop. She landed silently, almost, not having much about her to land hard with. She looked up at him, and he pinched her cheek. She laughed slightly, walking away to get the wine out of the cupboard. She decided on one that might be the same flavor as the fruit they were using. When Tawny came back, she looked at him and asked, as bravely as possible. "So tell me then, Sang-Min, why are you here? is it just the smoothies?" she raised her eyebrow at him, waiting for his answer.

Sang-Min nearly cut himself with the knife when Tawny asked why he was here. Why was he here? Was he unconsciously expecting something more? Why was he here? He did not know. Ang-Min did not want to give Tawny that answer though. It would probably make her feel sad. He did not want her to think she was some toy to jim because she was not. He knew that he had not opened up fully to her yet, but he thought she was someone that did not see him as some weird pretty boy. She did not know anything of his past that would make her treat him like Cherrie did. There was none of that with Tawny. She was like a friend to him. Almost. Sang-Min thought about changed the subject. He did not want to answer the question. He place the fruit and knife down and took the wine from her hands. "What kind is this, Tawny? Have you tried it before?" he asked and started to examine the bottle like it was an unfamiliar object.

tawny watched him carefully, and he seemed to think. Tawny really wasn't sure what had possessed her to ask, and had he not changed the subject, she would have. She shrugged. "I dunno, it's a desert wine though." She giggled slightly at him. using another chair, she slipped up onto the counter, a few feet away from where he was making the smoothies. She watched him carefully. He really did seem to know what he was doing. She smiled slightly. "i hope you like it here, I mean, the house. It's too showy for me." She said. "only two of my friends have ever seen it." She sighed slightly, she didn't live a very eventful life, in all honesty. She was the baby of the family, and not just in size. She was the one who was sheltered, and made to stay home so much. Maybe Tawny had invited Sang-Min over for that reason. she really hadn't gotten to have any fun in her life. She watched him and smiled. She would never admit any of those things out loud though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back