Not open for further replies.

Joel Gilligan

OOC First Name
Steven
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Straight 11 Inch Sturdy Hawthorn Wand with Erumpent Hide Core
To say that Joel was nervous would be an understatement. He'd asked Layla to be his girlfriend in the note attached to the rose he sent her, and hadn't heard from her all day so far. So, naturally, the seventh year began to play different scenarios in his head were Layla would say no to him. He knew that she liked him too, she'd shown that many times, but still, to actually ask if she wanted to get together with him.. At some point during the afternoon Joel decided to get ready for the dance he'd be attending with Layla. He smoothened his navy blue striped suit once he was done, and made his way out of the common room and down the stairs. Joel nervously looked around the entrance hall as he waited for his date to show up.

Layla had been surprised earlier that day when she received a rose from Joel asking her to be his girlfriend officially. She supposed she shouldn't have really been that surprised considering it had been at the Valentine's dance last year when they had shared their first kiss together. The note had left butterflies in her stomach all afternoon as she had prepared for the dance. Layla's dress was short, tight, and sparkly. She hoped Joel would like it; she was anxious to see him and give him her answer. The Hufflepuff girl made her way down the four flights of stairs to the Great Hall. She picked him out of the crowd easily as she made her way to him. Layla smiled at him as she wrapped her arms around his neck. "Hey stranger." she said before kissing him.

He smiled nervously as Layla approached him, and kissed her back when her lips touched his. ''Hey pretty.'' Joel said, fixing his tie because it had moved slightly. Like always, she looked absolutely beautiful, the dress she was wearing looked amazing on her and Joel couldn't keep his eyes off it. ''So,'' the seventh year began, looking back up at Layla. ''Did you get the rose I sent you?'' Joel asked, hoping that someone hadn't accidentally mixed his rose with someone else's because he imagined that'd be very awkward for the person that would receive his. Joel could feel his heart beat quickening when he asked her the question, so took a deep breath while he waited for Layla to answer.

Layla smiled as she noted that Joel looked nervous. Surely he didn't doubt her answer? She had been waiting to answer that question for months now. The Hufflepuff girl had known her answer since the moment she had read the card attached to the rose. Layla fake frowned at Joel's question. "What rose? I didn't get a rose." she asked with a confused look on her face. She saw the look on his face and immediately grinned at him. "I'm only kidding. Of course I want to be your girlfriend." Layla told Joel as she looked up into his eyes.

His eyes widened and mouth opened a bit when she asked about the rose he sent her, but then sighed with relief when she told him that she did want to be his girlfriend. For a second there he'd been worried that there had been a mix up with the flower deliveries. He lowered his head and shook it slightly whilst chuckling, happy that after spending months with Layla, he could finally call her his girlfriend. He looked back up into her eyes and smiled before kissing her on the lips. ''Do you want to go inside and dance?'' Joel asked when he pulled back from the kiss.

Layla put her hand on Joel's cheek as they kissed. This would be their last dance together since Joel would be graduating in a few months. She wanted to make it an unforgettable night for him. She grinned at his question and nodded her head. "I'd love to." she said, stepping away and taking his hand. The usually played an abnormal amount of slow songs at this dance, and she couldn't say she would mind that this year. As they entered the dance, Layla heard that she was correct. It was a slow song playing. Layla made her way to the dance floor with Joel. She wrapped her arms around his neck and stepped in close to him. "Are you looking forward to graduation?" Layla asked him, knowing that she was not looking forward to him graduating.

Joel groaned the moment the two of them entered the Great Hall. He had hoped that they'd be playing a number of fast paced songs so he could be all goofy with his moves but of course the staff had decided to play slow songs at the dance again. Why did it always have to be slow songs.. He wasn't good at dancing at all, in fact, he might just be the worst dancer of them all, and he had shown his girlfriend that he wasn't a particularly dancer when they had danced at the Valentine's dance last year. Despite of that, Layla led them towards the dance floor, and wrapped her arms around his neck. Joel put his hands on her hips as they slowly moved to the music, looking down at their feet frequently to make sure that he wasn't accidentally stepping on her feet. ''To be honest? I'm not looking forward to it at all.'' he said, looking up at Layla when she asked it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back