Irene Finch

Head of the Dept of Magical Transportation

Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single (Looking)
Wand
Knotted 14 Inch Rigid Spruce Wand with Doxy Wing Core
Irene lay on the floor with her two year-old daughter, Melina. Outside, the rain was coming down steadily but was not accompanied by any thunder or lightning. Irene was grateful because Melina did not seem to be found of the thunder. Music was playing softly on the wizarding network, but Irene wasn't really paying attention to it. Melina was busy trying to pop the bubbles that were coming out of Irene's wand, and the noise that her daughter was making while at her task was drowning out the sounds of the radio.

"Thank you" Irene stated curtly when the house elf arrived in the room with a plate of cookies. Melina squealed with delight and quickly toddled over to grab one. She took one and then went back to sit beside her mother and enjoy the chocolate chip cookie. Already, she had a smudge of chocolate on her chin. Irene chuckled and licked her thumb before rubbing the spot off. The woman had taken to motherhood much more easily than she thought she would. It was still a challenge on some days, especially since she was alone most of the time, but she made do. And, she had to admit that she did get significant help from Lukyan. Despite his many faults, he was quite a good father. "Is it good Melina?" she asked as she picked up a magazine so that she could check out the latest wizarding fashions.

A fast rhythmic rain washed away the streets from the day before rubbish. Thunderstorms were clear from the North side of New Zealand, since he lived down South thunder were rolling like bowling balls where he reside. Stewart Island will promptly be flooded; vast warnings were given to the Islander earlier that morning. His old flat wouldn’t sustain the damage if he were to stay; he had no choice but to evacuate his home. Disapparating would solve any man problem when dealing with Mother Nature wrath, but he wish not to go back to Russia alone. His old villa been a depressing sight, and it was by force he would continue to go back and teach his students at Drumstrang each semester. A year off from teaching and writing kept him in New Zealand for a while. He had grown attach to place, plus seeing his daughter (when allowed) encourage him to stay a little longer.

Well I’m not going to stay here and be killed. He walk to the fire place, a bag of floo powder rested by a stool. Grabbing a handful he threw it at the fire, the first address pop in mind was Irene. Speaking fast, he enters the fire place, traveling the flames he was there in no time. He was greeted by the sound of his daughter laughing and Irene voice carried out in the air. ”Hey, I was wandering if you were home” he went quickly at Melina side, she was growing so much on him it surprise him all the time how much she was growing. ”Do you mind if I’m here for a visit?” avoiding her eyes, he pretty much ignore the woman and gave up his attention only to Melina. It pissed her off all time when he did this unannounced.

Irene had just looked down at a set of scarlet wizard's robes worn by a very good looking model when she heard the familiar sound of someone arriving in her floo. Looking up, Irene's blue eyes settled on the face of her daughter's father. She didn't bother to get up, but she did actually speak to him, which was in and of itself a surprise. "Well you're already here so I can hardly stop you. Take all of your wet things off, so you don't ruin my carpet" she said curtly as she turned her attention back to her magazine. It wasn't as if Irene cleaned the carpet, that is what she had a house elf for, but she didn't want there to be wet spots since Melina was all over the floor. Melina hugged her father's knee and then reached up her hands, wanting to be picked up by him.

"Melina was asking after you earlier in the day" she noted as she flipped the page in her magazine. This was a change for her, but she was actually making a conscious effort to try and be nice for the moment. Admitting that she was doing so to him was another story entirely, however. She had the horrible feeling that it wouldn't last long anyway since Lukyan seemed to bring out the absolute worst in her. "Is it still horrible out?" the woman asked, only half interested in his reply. She continued to look down at her magazine, half-reading an article about witch's most embarrassing moments.

Lukayn briefly glared at his ex conquest she could be prissy sometimes. "If you hadn't notice my dear Irene, I came in by the fire place so no ounce of wet clothes are on me" he however did take off his shoes. He slip off his black shoes, slip them into a corner and left them there. He went back to Melina, sweeping the small little blonde off her feet. She was light and bouncy in his arm. He charm her with a kiss on her beautiful forehead and brushed away her laced blonde hair. She was so divine, so perfect in his eyes in every way. She giggled, more like a shrill of glee when her daddy spun her around in place.

"Oh has she?" Melina nodded acknowledge that her mom was still here. "So what were you doing now?" she pointed to the plate of cookies. Lukyan set her down, keeping his gaze over her, but he turn when he heard Irene. "It's horrible in the south, they sent out a massive warnings throughout Stewart Island" he rub his pupils. He was responding in a well manner, because there was something he had to ask her. "My flat maybe torn down by tomorrow, no big deal" he shrug. "How's your little job that you call a career?"

Irene looked up once more as Lukyan spoke. "I hadn't noticed, Lukyan" she responded as she watched him take off his shoes. She looked down at her carpet and noted that he had managed to not ruin it or damage it in any way. Irene lifted herself off of the floor as she watched father and daughter interact. The brunette settled herself onto the large overstuffed sofa and daintily tucked her legs under her as she listened to Lukyan speak about the horrible conditions in the south. Irene couldn't understand how casually Lukyan mentioned that his home might not even be there come morning. If it were her, she'd be in a panic.

"What about all of your writing stuff?" she asked quickly. The woman was surprised to discover that she actually did give a damn about the man's career. She knew how much his writing meant to him and she had the feeling that even if he didn't want to admit it, it likely would bother him to have his belongings damaged in a storm. She glared at him as he spoke. There he went. Here she was trying to be friendly and he had to insult her. "My little job earned me a house that can survive a storm" she said pointedly, a cold grin crossing her face. "And, it's fine. I had to handle a situation the other day with a girl who had apparated most of herself into a muggle club. Thank goodness it was so loud and dark that no one noticed that she was missing her shoes and some of her toes." Irene shook her head as she recalled all the paperwork that the woman had caused her to have to complete.

"Back in Russia" he stayed staring at his daughter. She was a hyper little thing. Probably all that sugar she consume eating cookies, he would complain but he wasn't about to make judgement on Irene poor parenting skills. She would kick him out quickly as he came. "I haven't been writing for a while, I'm not in the right mind to write anything right now" he went on to sit down her comfortable cushion chair. All his muse, his writing basically everything were slowly becoming unimportant to him. He fixed his face to a stern look, Melina came right up to her father and started playing with his fingers. He watched amused, his expression drop to a smirk. His daughter could always make it less tense for him when he was visiting.

"I have magic, I could fix it anytime, but I do need a place for the night. If you don't mind that I stay here?" he requested as gaze fell on Irene, she could be so insecure about things. "Woman I was kidding, why do you always take things seriously?" he recline back in his seat, picking up Melina so that she may sit right on her father's lap. "Oh yeah, must be tough? I can never do what you do, really I give it to you" his dislike for muggels interfere her line work would drive him to the point of killing them all off. He had a very low tolerance with muggels, but his hate wasn't hardcore to the bone like his fellow death eaters. There are extremeness and than some like him, to much of that hate can kill a person to quick. Besides he wouldn't have love for Melina and her mom if he hated them that much.

Shutting the magazine she'd been reading and tossing it on the sofa, Irene was rather surprised to hear that Lukyan hadn't been writing lately. Irene wasn't particularly creative, so she didn't know if it was normal for writers to go through that sort of thing. The house elf silently entered the room and removed the plate of cookies and leaving in its place a bottle of milk for Melina. Irene watched her retreat before turning her attention back to Lukyan in time to hear his request.

Irene set a piercing blue gaze on Lukyan as he commented on her job again, only this time he was not talking down to her. At least she didn't think he was. Irene wondered if he was simply being nice because he needed a place to stay. She wouldn't put it past him. "Ioan is coming by in the morning to help me with something" she stated as she picked at a loose thread on the bottom of her shirt. She had no idea what her brother would think about seeing Lukyan around. Irene knew that it would be difficult for her to say no to his question, however. She had a guest bedroom that was always kept in impeccable condition despite her lack of guests, knew that Melina had been asking after her father, and couldn't forget that Lukyan had no place left to go. "I guess you can stay in the room across from the nursery" Irene said slowly as she shifted in her seat. She opened her mouth to speak and then closed it before speaking once more, "I think I've got some clothes of yours in my room if you need something to wear to bed." Irene had almost burned the pieces, but instead of being vindictive, she'd thrown them into the bottom of one of her own drawers.

"Is he now...saw him a few weeks back. I don't think he will mind me being here" he spoke carelessly about her brother. For one he didn't care what Ioan would say if he was here. He is and will remain to be there for Melina all the time. Second, if he was to tell Irene what her brother's been up too, let's just say their new respect for each other will be broken. Lukyan turn away from Irene, he watched Melina again as she toddle off to grasp her bottle of milk. "Thanks, I will be out by tomorrow morning. i would go to Russia bit I'm not feeling the travel" he recline into the comfortable chair, extending his hands to the back of his hair. It was growing, he was mean to trim a bit this morning. The storm got away from everything today, he was due to see one of his old friend from school later on in the evening but reschedule cause of his dilemma.

Rest of his day, he spent hours contacting his 'friends' in between entertaining Melina. He stayed clear away from Irene, being clever beforehand. Cautious really not to tick the ice queen off. Than bedtime came for Melina after he whip her up some supper, and saved some for her mum if she wanted to eat what he brewed up. Melina got use to him being around, not to confused her he left getting ready to bed to Irene. That gave him a chance to step out for a little while, he spent a few hours at the pub drinking one or two cups of firewhisky. When he return everything was bleak and settle, he apparate inside in a silence trying not to disturb Irene or Melina. He sat down on the couch, work up the fireplace with his wand, letting it on low in case he fell asleep on the couch. Not intoxicated at all, just the fire place felt great after coming out of a drizzle rain. He absorb the warm glow, yawn, getting ready to go on use the upstairs spare room.

Irene tried her best to steer clear of Lukyan for the remainder of the day. Whatever room he happened to be in she would not enter, or if she did have to enter for some reason, it was only for a quick second. The woman was impressed that Lukyan did his best to leave her be as well. It was as if he knew that it would be best for them to remain away from each other. Finally, Irene's stomach led her to enter the same room and she was surprised to discover that Lukyan had left some food for her. Irene served herself a plate and ate while writing several letters for her owl to take when she left for the evening. It wasn't until Lukyan had left for a while that Irene realized that the day had gone by rather nicely. She actually hadn't minded having him around, especially when he was making an effort to be cordial, and she knew that Melina had thoroughly enjoyed herself. All she had to do to see that was look at how soundly the little girl was sleeping in her toddler bed. Dimming the lights in Melina's room, Irene retired to her own and began to get herself ready for bed and then settled herself into a chaise lounge to read for a while.

Hearing the click of the lock, Irene was startled out of the book she'd been reading. She was nearly 2/3 of the way through and she reluctantly shut the book and left her room. Quietly heading down the steps, Irene stopped when she was nearing the bottom. She didn't know whether to make her presence known or leave the man be. Finally deciding that if he was going to be in her home, he would have to deal with her, Irene continued on and sat down on the couch near him without saying a word. She gazed at the fireplace that he was looking into, watching it spark and pop for several moments. "It was nice having you around here. Melina certainly enjoyed herself" she stated quietly. Irene didn't know what mood Lukyan had come back in, but she sort of hoped that their earlier cordiality wouldn't be ruined so close to the end of their day together.

Lukyan remain quiet as Irene join the living room quarters with him. He expected her to be sleeping by now, with work and all. Haven't ever been familiar with her working schedule, he decided not to acknowledge she would be late waking up in the morning. It wasn't in his place to say it, it was her home and she did as she please. To be fair he didn't expect to say anything to her at all, what others didn't care to notice Lukyan was a very quiet man for a reason. Much like his nephew, he couldn't hold up a good conversation long enough to make some connections. He use to be good, you know being social and out there. He use to laugh more, talk more, and maybe even love at times. Things change and for a good reason do they change, sometimes change is good or bad. In his case, it was neither, it was more him like his personality overtaking a new way of thinking, being, acting, whatever you wanted to call it.

"That's great..." he said more settle. He picked into his front pocket of his pea coat and put out a silver flask. A content brewed of his own mixture swish inside the silver chrome flask. "...real question now is are you okay with me being here.." he swiftly flick her eyes at the brunette, a light half parted smile was reveal at the corner of his lip. He took a long sip of his flask, the soothing warm content fills his throat with delicious pleasure, it was spike a little to leave a sensation and urgency somewhere below him. "Want some it's my own brew, has cinnamon in it" he lean over half way passing the sleek flask to her.

Out of the corner of her eye, Irene noticed that Lukyan was rustling around for something. Glancing over, her eyes fell on the flask that he'd pulled out. A smirk crossed her lips as she could remember the few times she'd snuck out of her dorm after hours and headed up to the towers. More often than not, a flask much like the one that was being passed to her had been present. It brought back a lot of memories, some of which had Lukyan in them. Whether she liked it or not, Lukyan was a major player in many of her memories. He'd always seemed to be around, even when she didn't want him to be. Rather than answer his question, Irene took a sip of the liquid, expecting a sharp kick. The warm liquid slipped smoothly down her throat and she smiled. "This is good." She took another quick sip before passing the flask back.

Irene turned her body to face Lukyan's and thought about his question some more. Finally, she shrugged. "As long as it's a short visit, I guess I'm okay with you being here." Irene could feel heat entering her cheeks, but whether it was all from the drink or not was another matter. "I think I can only stand you in small doses, Lukyan" she said with another smirk as she leaned back, her head and hair falling loosely back against the sofa.

"Thank you it's an old recipe mixed with my own ingredients" he took back the flask, pocketing to his front pocket. "I remember me and your brother would drink during late in the hours back in Drumstrang. It's never was the heavy stuff but it always have us laughing till the late in the hours" those were the days. When he had been a young blonde seeking out the world as it was given to him. He had been less serious, less demeaning, less Lukyan that's for sure. Time had took him out for a good nutty joy ride, and he felt uncertain if he left his youth year behind or not. Sometimes it felt like it did, sometimes felt like he was back out there, back in his old idiotic ways. Still making mistakes, thinking less of the consequence.

"If I recalled quite bluntly and correct me if I'm wrong.....just two years ago you were able to handle me then. What makes it different now? I'm still Lukyan no matter how much we age" he pointed that out, he stayed in his light hearten mood. Despite that he had lost his house today and was practically homeless for the night, he remain to seem humble. "Now what is it that you don't like about me Irene, let's make it a game. C'mon it will be fun" he sat up erected from his chair. He laid his head against the palm of his hand and look over at Irene, "Or say whatever is on your mind"

Irene rolled her eyes as Lukyan spoke about the things that he and Ioan would due after hours. When her brother had been in the school, he had been quite wild and the woman was fairly certain that drinking was the least troublesome thing he'd done in the school. Irene had never been quite as daring and her caution had helped her earn the title of prefect.

Irene remained in her position as she listened to Lukyan speak. She didn't really feel like answering him because she had the feeling that it would ruin their light-hearted mood and she was not eager to do that for some reason. However, when he sat up and asked her to say what was on her mind, Irene couldn't help but feel the need to abide by what he was saying. She sat up a bit and tucked her legs under her. "Really? Are you sure?" she asked, a small smirk playing its way across her mouth. She thought for a moment, toying between her desire to be honest and her desire to be her usual biotchy self. "I never said I couldn't handle you. I can more than handle you, Lukyan" she said with a small laugh. He could take that comment whichever way he wanted to. "You just annoy me sometimes" she shrugged and then continued, "Sometimes...like now, you're actually kind of alright." Irene took the band that was on her wrist off and pulled her hair into a ponytail. "So...c'mon. Out with it. Tell me how crazy you think I am."

He chuckle, more like holler that it rang throughout the house. "You sound like were sixteen again back in Drumstrang. annoying love, annoying has nothing to do between me and you" he crouch over rubbing his hands, then he went for his eyes. He would do this whenever he wore his reading glasses, but he didn't have them on. It was like more a force of habit, he discontinued rubbing his eyes. The plastered smirk grew wider as he thought about what tick him off about her. "Firstly your so, I mean..." he paused a minute or two, he snap and clap his fingers all at once. "Your so frigid, and I mean when I say frigid you really are. You act like a woman twice your age, when there's no need for that" he stop, by now he was laughing pretty much the entire time he said something about her. He stood up to pace a little in front of her, and on purpose sat besides her. "But you are a good mother to Melina, that I can never say bad about you" he said it on a serious note, ironically he'd been question about her parenting a few hours ago.

He could hate her and still say that. It probably will kill him saying this, yet he had no problem letting her know just that. "I'm (thinking) finking were done bashing each other" he nudge her a little, it was enthralling how he'd come to teasing her like that, like the way they use too. "So you think we should head for bed...I mean only if you want me up there" he'd wink teasing her. He looked her from the corner of her eyes and smile, "Just one last thing....and I've been thinking about it for a long time. Why did you say no? When I asked you know........to marry me? Be honest really, why did you say no?" his voice went from loud to close to a whisper, the adjustment slip quickly with his mood. He had secrets like being a death eater, but she shouldn't have an idea about that, so what was really the reason? Unless Ioan, nah he couldn't have!

Irene pursed her lips as he laughed at her. It figured Lukyan would laugh at what she said instead of taking her completely serious. Her blue eyes watched Lukyan intently as she awaited his reply. She had heard many things whispered about her over the years and had developed a thick skin, or she claimed to have one anyway. As he seemed to find the perfect word to describe her, Irene sat up in her seat and waited. When she heard the word cross his lips, her eyebrow rose. "I do not" she said dismissively. Irene had always been more serious than the people around her, which often led people to believe she was a snob. She sort of was, but that was beside the point. As Lukyan continued, Irene's mouth nearly dropped in surprise. Never before had he complimented her mothering of their daughter. "Thank you" she said slowly, as he had sat down much closer to her. "Melina adores you. You know that right?" Irene turned so that she was facing him a little more and continued to listen.

With an eyeroll that was more out of amusement than annoyance, Irene smirked but did not reply. She wouldn't have been able to get much out anyway as Lukyan had already moved on to a much more complicated question. She had half a mind to take him up to her bedroom to distract him so she wouldn't have to answer his question. He seemed to really want an answer though, and she knew he certainly deserved one. As Irene mulled over her response, she shifted in her seat. "I don't know, Lukyan. Do you really want to get into this?" she asked with a sigh. She stared down at her hands, examining each painted fingernail as she spoke. "I don't know. I didn't want to marry you just because we had a baby, like Ioan said I should. That and I don't know...sometimes I get the feeling that you're using your veela charm on me...and I don't know when you're just being your own charming self or using your veela charm to help you. It kind of freaks me out to not know." Irene looked up at him, her blue eyes looking into Lukyan's face. There, she'd laid it all out for him. Irene knew that she'd probably just sucked the light-hearted mood from the room, but Lukyan had asked.

Her response came out to be a little predictable, a little not so much. The best thing about her coming out to him is that she was truthful this time; she didn’t dodge or neglect to give him a straight up answer. Lukyan started to think if she hadn’t. He would’ve have blown over, brought down hell upon them. Went crazy and said she will always be a miserable soul. Now that it did not play out that way he was stump to give in a reply. He looked away, coolly rubbing his fingers together. ”You think if I made a marriage proposal it was because you were pregnant with Melina, well your completely wrong about that. We have history from school, we had a past two years ago, and here we are again. I don’t know about you, but I knew I was always going to be around you, with Melina here or not” he took a breather, second or two, getting to the point already he had one yet it was hard to say in words that made sense. ”Yeah if it had happen with someone else, it would have, but not like the way I wanted to happen with you. With us, you know?”

”And I can’t believe your using that veela crap on me like that. My sister is a fine example that veela blood shouldn’t mean anything at all. She’s married to a woman, who happens to be part veela as well. All this, what they teach you at schools is nonsense” he tried it to be less hypocritical when saying that. Came out already, but these words really did mean something, and if he had to put what he did for a living on the line. So be it. And he wasn’t shame to admit he had feelings for her, feelings of love and hate for her. He will always have a part of himself that dislike what she did and how she was; but he can’t say he was perfect. God knows he can’t, despite his veela blood. ”Think about it, let me know. I love Melina…” he pause before saying you. He's thinking he should go upstairs, leave her alone to gather thoughts properly. Yet he remains there, scratching the back of his head, the twenty-eight year realize nothing like it use to be before. Well with his mind and priorities, he wished it was and in some ways he can't live out with Melina being here and her mom out of the picture. That's wasn't going to happen, bad or good; he had to make things right for them.

Irene could count on one hand the number of times she'd been able to have a rational conversation with Lukyan. The one that stood out in her mind was one that had taken place after she had found out that her mother had tragically died after being hit by one of those muggle things with wheels. He'd actually spoken to her nicely and it was one of the first times that she had taken note of Lukyan as someone other than her largest annoyance. As he spoke, Irene couldn't help but look at him incredulously. Had he really known about his feelings for her for that long? A shy smile crossed the normally serious woman's face.

She waited to see if he was finished and then she nodded her head slowly. She did know that things between them were different than things in any other relationship she had been in. Something just kept drawing her to Lukyan.

She listened to what he said about the veela blood, but she couldn't believe that it was all nonsense. She had had some vicious interactions with veela women in school and even after she'd left school and knew that there was some truth to the lore about them. It wasn't until Lukyan asked her to think about it that she found her voice again. "We'll see" was all she could say though. She had caught the pause, but didn't know how to react. Did she love Lukyan? Irene wasn't sure. She knew that she could enjoy his company for stretches of time and that they did seem to be drawn to each other in a way that she'd never been drawn to anyone else. She also knew that they would forever be linked by the child that they'd chosen to bring into this world. Irene stood up, figuring that now was a good time to leave, while they were still on a sort of positive note. She had taken a few steps towards the stairs when she impulsively turned around and returned to Lukyan. "Come on you..." she said, tugging on his hands so that he would stand up and follow her.

He watched as she stood and replied rather distant and a more far out tone. He’d question or was about to question what she mean, if she was to take consideration for the past. Assuming that’s what she was applying here. The man would lower his gaze down and lean back into the cushion. What was he thinking? Revealing secrets and feelings, Lukyan believed he would regret speaking the truth. That’s why he distant himself from the rest of the family they were such greater disappointment to him and the name he carried. He rubbed his eyes again; his viewed would be blurry from the irritation. It’s time for bed , he moved his hand to ruffle his now brown hair. The entire blonde from his youth had vanished; he used to be so better out going, like his hair time has change. Something he get, though he still manage to have a heart somewhere underneath all his beliefs and his acts as a death eater. He thought so, certainly being a death eater doesn’t mean to be miserable, it means to follow for what you believe in. In the years he dealt with the group that’s the idea he’ got from it all.

His mind had wonder away from the scene of the room; he felt someone pulled on his shirt. Blinking his greenish eyes up, he saw Irene was trying to get his attention. She had not left him alone in the living room area. A smile crept from his face, he hesitated none but jump at his feet for the opportunity when arise he wasn’t going to miss it. He drew her in, wrapping his arm around her petite waist. He said nothing; Lukyan was passed to reacting on this. He was more into acting on impulse. They shared a lot in common; he would be more to point that out to have a laughed. Instead he kissed her, moving his hands up and down her back, pushing her up and off her feet. He placed her on his waist and supporter her back with his arm. Mixture of soft sounds and breathing filled the quiet space in the air. Thinking no more, he apparated them to her room and lock the doors with a non verbal charm in case their little curious two year wonder out of her small bed in the middle of their midnight affair.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back