OOC First Name
Cole
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Reuben <3
Saveli Rhys Matveev was in no way excited, or ready for the yule ball. She couldn't believe Vivana had talked her into a blind date - she could have stayed indoors and eaten chocolate all night instead, but no, there she was in the great hall, eyes out for the boy her friend had set her up with. The blonde had regrettably decided to wear her hair down, and as it ticked the backs of her shoulders she remembered how bare it felt to wear a strapless dress. She sighed slightly. Vivana said the boy would be wearing some sort of crown - knowing her best friend it would be made of live cats and her date could be screaming in pain. However, as the slytherin made her way through the crowd, she spotted whom she was sure was the man Viviana had been bragging about.

Saveli made her way over and tapped him on the shoulder. "Excuse me?" She asked, dark eyelashes fluttering involuntarily. "You're the only bloke down here with a crown on so I'm assuming you're Viv's friend?" She was polite enough, her irish accent abrasive in it's own way. There was a large part of Saveli whom just wanted to get this miserable night over with. The other part of her hoped that the night would at least be a little fun, though she couldn't shake the feeling that someone might be watching her - or that Gabriel may storm over and decide she shouldn't e hanging out with this boy for whatever reason he might have. "I'm Saveli Fl... Matveev." It would never be Saveli's first choice to go by her mother's maiden name, but it came with more ease now than before.

Nicodemus had been having a rough year. Between his friends having more than their fair share of issues, his cousin's disappearance and death, Gajeel and him having fights almost every day, and with the buzzing excitement of his home-life, there was basically no downtime for the rather high-strung Gryffindor - except Yule Ball, that is. Being approached by Viviana was certainly something he had not anticipated, but decided anyway that there was no harm in having a little fun. Nico wasn't sure if it would exactly be his cup of tea, but he had always liked the Yule Ball, and whilst he avoided all 'happy snaps' like a pro, he didn't see the issue in sharing the night with someone else, regardless.

He was tapped on the shoulder and turned around, the flower crown atop his brunette hair shifting slightly at the quick spin. He then smiled kindly, and inclined his head. "I am he - Nicodemus Magonus," he greeted, offering his hand for her to shake.​
<i>
</i>

There was a pause of near awkward silence between the two of them and Saveli glanced away toward the actual crowd that they'd be joining. "It's nice to meet you, Viviana told me a lot about you." She looked over his outfit, for Viv's defense she'd at least picked someone who was truly in Saveli's "type" the large blue eyes and blonde hair had not been what she'd pictured - though she should have known that Viviana's interest in the Arlett's would carry over into who she would chose for her best friend.

Saveli finally worked up courage to say more than a pleasent, nice to meet you, and spoke once more. "I guess we're supposed to go inside now. I think if i don't dance with you at least once Viviana will have my head." She laughed though, knowing Viviana couldn't hurt a fly if she wanted to.

Nicodemus laughed gently. "Agreed." Whilst hardly the best of friends, the Gryffindor rather liked Viviana. She could be hard to deal with sometimes, but he knew that she meant well, and a well-meaning friend was something rare in this day and age, as his father would say. But he was sure that if he didn't at least dance with Saveli once this evening, he would find the Hufflepuff hot on the trail and coming after him like a coal train. He guided Saveli into the Yule Ball, the instant buzz of the environment feeling as if it crept into his very bones, trying to get him to join the hundreds on the dance floor - but he danced about as well as a giraffe wearing rollarblades if he was self-choreographed.

"I'm not an especially good dancer," he advised her upon their approach. "I need a lot of choreography and stuff. I'm a little better at more coupley dances, not this solo-freestyle crap."​
<i>
</i>

Saveli's lips, colored with peach lipstick, were upturned in a smile as they walked in together. She was a step or so behind him, and kept enough distance so as not to appear as an item, unsure if something as such would make the boy uncomfortable. Frankly Saveli could care less of what anyone said as she'd be gone soon enough from the school. However at the mention of a coupley dance - while appropriate for what he meant, not exactly comfortable for Sav - she glanced away. "I understand. I've actually never really danced before. I was going to go to the ball a few years ago, but it didn't really work out."

Saveli gripped her own arm awkwardly. "Thanks for agreeing to come by the way, it made Viviana really happy. She says I need to get out more." The words get out more were a complaint on Saveli's lips. The dungeons were quite comfortable for her.

Nico frowned slightly at the mention of her previous attempts at enjoying the ball not working out, as it seemed like such a shame. Everyone deserved to be able to get out a little and have some fun - it was the point of living, really. With the way Emily was right now, he couldn't help but will people to actually try to have a good time, with the time that they had. It was all fleeting, after all. "If you don't mind me asking," he began shuffling over a little to the side of the Yule Ball, to afford them a better ability to hear each other. "Why did previous attempts not work out?" His eyes then widened slightly, and he chewed on his lower lip for a moment. "I mean - you don't have to answer, of course. Sorry, I was a bit out of line."

At the mention of Viv, he grinned. "She's like family, I'd do anything for her," he explained. And she was soon going to be, really. With his father marrying Viviana's aunt, they were set to becomecousins, and that was pretty exciting for him. His mother had been an only child, whilst his father was so estranged from the majority of his family, that he was only discovering them now because of the fact that he had magic. It was nice, the prospect of having a large family than current. "I mean, I didn't come just for Viv, though. I'm also doing this a little for myself, if I'm honest. For you, too."
<i>
</i>

Saveli laughed at the question. "It's nothing serious." She spoke realizing he probably thought she'd been dumped or stood up. "I was going to go as friends with Viviana but then she went with those creepy Arlett twins. Both of them." Saveli shuddered visibly about the idea. Macy and Asa gave her the creeps in an impossible way. The blonde then cocked her head to the side slightly, blonde curls falling like a waterfall over her shoulder as she did so. "What do you mean for yourself?"

The question was placed, ignoring that he said for her also. perhaps Viviana had mentioned her moving soon. Perhaps the boy already knew that she'd been abandoned by both of her parents. Regardless it was something Saveli wanted to not concentrate on at that moment. Tonight was about having fun, not her lack of family.

Well, that was kinder than what he had been imagining. Although, he did not quite know who these 'Arlett' twins were, but he did realise that Viviana... didn't really have what he would describe as a healthy understanding of people. Well, when it came to spending time with them. She was much like Emily, really, though perhaps more dedicated in her self-imposed role of people-carer. He doubted these Arlett twins were anyone kind if they involved Viviana. So, with not much to say on the matter, he simply shrugged in agreement, and began massaging his palms as the topic of conversation feel more toward himself.

"I've had a bit of a rough year," he explained rather ambiguously. "A lot of stuff have been happening to a lot of people around me - some good, some bad - and it's all a bit overwhelming with OWLs on top of it all and, to be honest, I've been totally forgetting about school work. There's really not many people to chat to - but don't worry, I'm not about to drop all my problems on you." He laughed slightly, scratching the back of his neck. "It's just nice to like, hang out and just be relaxed, and not worry about stuff. I can't be like that with my family and friends right now."​
<i>
</i>

Saveli listened to waht Nicodemus had to say and nodded. She could understand better than anyone she was sure and smiled a bit sadly. Her ears perked up though at the sound of the music changing to a slower song. It was the perfect distraction. The woman reached out and grabbed the boy's slightly sweaty hand. "Okay sweaty fingers, why don't we dance then? Make sure you have a good time so that when Viviana inevitably interrogates you you can give her a fair play by play." It wasn't an exaggeration, what Saveli had said. Viv did have a habit of interrogating people.

Realizing she was being slightly insensitive she laughed it off, moving to face him once on the dance floor. "Sorry, if I make you cry Viviana will never let me live it down."

Nico laughed quietly. "Don't worry, I won't be crying." On the dance floor now, he got himself into position, and they began. The night danced along and so did they, having gentle conversation as two acquaintances would, until there was such a comfort that, even though the song pace had quickened with time, the Slytherin and Gryffindor pair did not. There was a comfortable distance between them, as well as a comfortable silence when there was nothing to say, and harmonious conversation when there was.

At a particularly bold statement, the Gryffindor laughed quietly. "Whatever you say, Saveli. Confidence is important... even if it is misplaced." He poked her in the ribs with his thumb, revealing that it was all in jest, in the end.​
<i>
</i>

Saveli gave a laugh and a small jump at the feeling of his thumb pushing her ribs. Though she'd take her ticklishness as a secret to her grave, she couldn't hid the surprise that she held upon being poked at. "My confidence is not misplaced." She argued with a grin, sure that she was correct in calling herself fantastic. At least she would put on a persona to Nico that she was sure of that. There was a stirring in the young Slytherin's stomach as she looked him in the face, first eyes then lips. The girl shifted on her heels just slightly. "I can prove it to you. Close your eyes." She asked, waiting for her date to do so.

The blonde watched his face and leaned up. Her confidence was nearly shattered for a moment and she nearly chickened out as she came close to kissing his cheek. From her lips came a whisper of "see?" Before she placed a gentle kiss - what she would say as her first real kiss - on his lips. Saveli wasn't one to force her point across and thus left the kiss light enough that when Nicodemus chose to pull his lips away he could. However she wouldn't deny the butterflies in her stomach as the act was preformed.

Nicodemus wasn't sure what the request entailed, but he decided that he would trust the younger Slytherin. After all, there was hardly anything she could do that would be too awful. He was quite surprised to feel her soft lips against his own, though did not pull away from the touch. He did eventually pull away, however, when he began to feel the burning of several eyes observing them in curiosity as they moved gently across the dance floor. He had never been one for public displays, and certainly wasn't going to start now. His shyer nature returning, he massaged his lips together.

There was a light flush of his cheeks, though it was not entirely from the kiss, but from the amount heat of the room. Stepping out of position, he smiled slightly at her. "Would you like to go get some air? I'm sort of suffocating here."​
<i>
</i>

When the kiss broke apart Saveli had to take in a large breath of air. She smiled, licking her lips just sligthly to try and stop the tingling feeling she had gotten from their kiss. It was quite interesting, perhaps it was why Prudence had always been kissing different boys like Tomas and Nate. The blonde nodded at his inquiry. "Give me just a minute, I'll grab us drinks meet me at the door?" She asked before moving away to grab drinks and a few cookies for her and her partner.

After being caught up in the crowd for a moment, speaking to both Viviana and Gabriel whilst she was away, she returned to Nicodemus' side with drinks and some of the cookies offered on the snack and dessert bar. She rejoined Nicci as quickly as possible, handing him his drink as they made their way out of the great hall. The noise died down and Saveli felt more comfortable as they walked in silence. "At least no one can watch us out here." She joked, bumping him gently with her hip to show she was teasing him. The blonde looked at her drink for a moment. "I'm sorry I just sprung that on you." She spoke quickly, having realized she'd not even asked if Nico wanted to kiss her.

Nicodemus nodded at her request, thinking it completely fine - he was near dying of thirst, anyway. So a drink would certainly do him some good. The Gryffindor moved away towards the door of the room to await her return, watching her with some interest as she moved around the hall by herself. He spotted Viviana in the distance, and gave her what he hoped to be a smile that would stop her from coming over - and he succeeded. He saw her as a part of his ever-growing family, but really wasn't sure he wanted her here right now. He hummed with delight at her return with goodies to eat.

They were outside and the Gryffindor was quite happy about it, being met with nice, fresh air. Nicodemus continued wandering until they reached a place to sit and sat down on one of the large stones, making enough room for her and removing the overlayer of his robes so she wouldn't be having her dress touch the rough stone. "Yeah, it's peaceful here. Quiet. Nice, you know?" He clinked their glasses together, and took a sip of his own. He sighed slightly, though not from boredom, but more from comfort. "It's okay, by the way. Some surprises are nice." He smiled.​
<i>
</i>

Saveli's pace was comfortable until they reached an area to sit. She hadn't cared much for her dress, but upon seeing Nicci take the outer layers of his robes off she wouldn't turn down his gentlemanly act. "Thank you." She spoke kindly before sitting down next to the boy. Her eyes wandered around the surroundings and a small sigh of contentment escaped her lips. This was lovely, peaceful, and she nodded to agree with what Nico said. of course she couldn't help but feel her cheeks heat up at his last statement to her.

"You're such a gentleman, I guess I just don't hang out with guys like you very often. At first i thought this blind date was going to be a disaster because i'm not one to talk to people let alone people Viv sets me up with but, I'm glad I did. I actually, really like you, Nicodemus." She said with a smile, her face flushed with embarrassment at the admittance of it.

Nicodemus smiled brightly at being called a gentleman, finding it quite the compliment. Sometimes chivalry sort of fell dead, but he was raised with a rather old mantra. His father would kill him if he were rude to someone - and his jacket was of a firmer fabric than her dainty, beautiful dress. But his smile only grew as she continued, though it was slightly sat. there should be more guys like him, and they should be hung out with more. It was weird, being considered a weird, even dying, breed. She continued, and his cheeks burned ever-so gently at the compliment she was paying him. It took guts, really. No matter how comfortable they were, they had only met properly that night.

"I like you too, Saveli," he replied genially. "Viviana can be a bit of a handful, and I'll be honest, when she told me that she had a friend that 'should get out more', I was worried you would be more, well, introvert and even rude. You're not, and that's really neat."
<i>
</i>

SAveli returned Nicodemus' smile earnestly, glad to see one on his lips. He was quite handsome, high cheekbones highlighted by the smile he was giving her. The red blush that crept onto his face only furthering the girls juvenile attraction for someone she'd just met. She nodded listening to him and had to agree that Viviana could sometimes come off strong about people. "She's right though, I'm not someone who gets out a lot." She sighed then, her demeanor shifting a bit. "I'm not a very good person Nico, I just have you fooled. I'm glad I could spend time with you though before I leave Hogwarts New Zealand - honestly for the first time since coming to terms with moving I wish I had more time." She looked at him again, and for reasons she'd probably not admit to anyone but herself, she leaned over and kissed the boy once more.

When she separated them it was obvious that it was almost a goodbye kiss, like a last kiss. Which was odd for the two whom had ust met, and the moment was seemingly too dramatic for the woman. "I know you say you're busy and stressed with classes but you should take some time for yourself. Alone time to just relax."

Nicodemus shrugged slightly, really not sure of what to say. He was guilty of both - thinking that people should get out more, and then actively being one of those very people. it was easy to fall into a routine, for everyone. He was currently forcing himself to get out more, and it was by far more difficult than he first thought it would be, by a long shot. "Well, I can't sit here and tell you to totally get out more, otherwise I would be a hypocrite." His forehead was furrowing, considering the fact that she was leaving - he was sure Viviane had mentioned it to him.

Nicodemus was taken completely by surprise again as she kissed him a second time that night. He blinked at her as they seperated, and sipped his drink once more as she seemed to return them to a more acquaintance-friendly relationship. "I know, alone time is very important," he agreed. "but it can get a bit difficult. Stuff just creeps up on you. But I think you should try and stay optimistic with leaving school - a change of scenery isn't the end of the world, sometimes it's just the beginning of it. "​
<i>
</i>

The blonde nodded at his comment of hypocrisy. It seemed that Viviana was the only social one between them, not that Saveli minded. She was just as well inclined to relax with a good book in front of a fire. After all, that was the best way to relax in her opinion. She also nodded more t his statement about remaining optimistic, but it was hard to be alone, newly orphaned by the end of the semester. The though nearly made her cringe visibly. She held down that urge though and sipped from her drink as a silence encroached on them again. She felt awkward now.

"You know I feel like I may have jumped the shark a bit. I'm sorry. I just I don't know." she laughed it off. "I think Viviana would be better suited in a situation like that than me. Perhaps I should go find her, cheer up the conversation." She spoke almost brushing off her feelings - both the good and the bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back