My. . .creations

Riley Sparkles

OOC First Name
Donna
Wand
Holly Wand 11" Essence of Phoenix Feather
As some of you may or may not have seen, I'm starting to give banner making a go.
Firstly, I'd like to thank Taneaka, as she got me started, and showed me a few tricks :)
PLEASE let me know your honest opinion and how I can fix it. I'm not smarty at gimp, so when you give me your wonderful advice, please tell me exactly how to do that :doh:
-Big breath!- Here goes!

Sethmakwa-1.png

audihalowen.png

RileySparkless.png

Harley.png

AudrinaHalloween.png

RyanMoon.png

ScarletDaffidol.png

These are really great for starting off Donna, I mean a million times better than mine were when I first started off...they were awful xD

But the only thing I would suggest is maybe putting a boarder around the font to make it stand out more. It can be tricky to start off but once you get used too it, it's uber simple ^_^ I had a tut up for that if you want to have a look at it and have a go at it :D http://hogwartsnewzealand.com/topic/7177243/1/#new

Keep up the great work ^_^

Donna, for your first creations, these are Awesome. Really, my first ever banner, was horrible. Lol
Keep experimenting. Try getting other fonts.
I can't really give you any advice since I use PSP. But, really very well done!

These are really good for your first ones. I can remember some of the first things I ever made and well...I'd rather forget them xD Keep up the good work!! I especially like the one for Riley and Harley

Thanks guys! Can't wait to do some more.
That tut was really helpful Pat, thanks a ton. Does it work the same with the whole banner border, or is that a bit different?

Will update when I do more ^_^

These are great Donna ^_^ I'm new at blending but I find that tuts are awesome! Youtube has a lot tut video so I suggest you check it out ♥

Yeah it works the same for the whole image aswell. You just have to wait until you have your finished product, all layers included. Merge all the layers together or save all your layers as a .png and open it so it's just one layer. Select that layer (as step 1) and do the same for everything else ^_^

First thing I'd like to say is that you're starting off on a VERY good slate here. ;) You're doing a lot better than me when I first started. Lol. Your blending of two pictures seems to be very good, now all you need to do is just add effects to it now, which shouldn't be too hard for you. Just start experimenting with Hue/Saturation, Lighting, etc. ;)

I made some more ^_^
EmmyPetit.png

cjw.png

Elliot.png

devlin.png
Thoughts please ^_^

You're improving at a good rate Donna, fantastic job. ^_^ I'm especially in love with the third banner you made, Elliot's banner. :hug:

Awh thanks guys! ^_^ Elliot's one was from a tut that Emmah made, so wonderful :)
I've got some more :)

arielle.png

arielle2.png

kiaa.png

robertlock.png

robertlock1.png

isabella.png

Emma-1.png

emma1-1.png

they are really good Donna!!!! :)

Riley Sparkles said:
Awh thanks guys! ^_^ Elliot's one was from a tut that Emzies made, so wonderful :)
I've got some more :)

arielle.png

arielle2.png

kiaa.png

robertlock.png

robertlock1.png

isabella.png

Emma-1.png

emma1-1.png

You are really improving!! Loving the latest ones.
Although should point out, I didn't make the tutorial, Emma/Emmah did.
Lol

I sometimes confuse myself between Emmah and Emzies. xD

Anyways, the latest ones are good Donna, although I would like to point out one thing. I've noticed that your signatures lack sharpness, so perhaps adding some sharpness in there will spice them up a bit. ^_^ Other than that, they look great. :D

Haha pfft, what are you guys talking about? I wrote Emmah :r

Hamza, anyway you can tell me how to sharpen it? Hehe, not too sure. Must I sharpen each image thing, or the overall one?
Thanks guys ^_^

Riley Sparkles said:
Haha pfft, what are you guys talking about? I wrote Emmah :r

Hamza, anyway you can tell me how to sharpen it? Hehe, not too sure. Must I sharpen each image thing, or the overall one?
Thanks guys ^_^
I'm not too familiar with GIMP, but yes, you have to sharpen each image you add on there. Here's something that might help you on how to sharpen in GIMP: http://docs.gimp.org/en/gimp-tool-convolve.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Back