My Brothers Keeper

Gabrielle Kovac

OOC First Name
Jessye
Wand
Willow Wand 12" Essence of Chimaera Scale
Gabrielle never usually did her brother any small favors because frankly he got on her nerves most of the time, and she'd love nothing more than to watch the loser fall apart in misery. But when he was with that Ex-Girlfriend of his, Trilby, he was a completely different person inside and Gabrielle plus many others found him to actually be almost tolerable at times when she was around him as his girlfriend. But as soon as the two of them had broken up things fell apart and more quickly than Gabrielle wanted he had returned to his old self and maybe even worse than before, thankfully he was at Hogwarts is she wouldn't have to deal with him being like he was or she probably would have wanted to pull her hair out in gracious chunks and throe them in his face. Now he had Gabrielle spying on Trilby whenever she could to keep an eye out on her while he couldn't do it himself. 'It's way to obvious he still likes her.' Gabrielle thought to herself as she gracefully sat down on an outdoor bench somewhere on the school grounds and pulled out her notebook. Oddly enough Trilby was already headed this way for reasons unknown so Gabrielle could easily keep a quick eye on her while she studied for an upcoming test.

Vaguely she focused her icy blue eyes on Trilby for a moment, it was almost scary how much she resembled her twin look-wise. But personality wise they could not be more different from each other. While Gabrielle was graceful, sophisticated, a Prefect, and a strong example of what her mother was like as a young girl, her brother was just an air headed troublemaker that severely lacked common sense. 'What Trilby saw in him I have no idea.' The girl had a new boyfriend now so Gabbi assumed that if was safe to say that the girl had forgotten all about her brother, too bad he refused to forget about her. As the younger Prefect passed, Gabrielle secretly kept her eyes locked on Trilby as she pretended to study whatever was written on the page, anyone observant enough would be able to tell that she was watching the girl.

Dressed in her uniform Trilby left the greenhouse to return to the school, her head was filled with many things that day. The new prefects rota for the hall monitoring, the triwizard task that needed all hands on deck, studying, lessons, assignments, Sebastian and every so often when she least expected ... Xavier. Even now when she was happy with her best friend, her exboy friend tentatively stole his way into her thoughts. It was unfair, decidedly so. As she walked along the gravelled path back to the school she admired the fresh day, spring was most definitely in the air. There was always still a chill of course but there was also a delicious bit of heat at last to the sun overhead.

As she walked she saw a girl seated just a head of her, head buried in a book and she smiled to herself knowing she would be the same way in another few moments, once she got to the library again. The nearer she drew however the more she studied the girl. Trilby was unable to tear her eyes away from her. If the girl had been a boy she would have sworn that it was Xavier, they looked so alike. Her feet took her directly passed her and still she could not help but cast side long glances at the girl. She knew he had a sister attending the school but had never met her, wondering if this was she for the resemblance was startling Trilby came to a halt. Turning about she looked at her once more and walked a step or two nearer the seat.

"Excuse me" she said in French to the girl, "... " she paused not sure what it was she had wanted to say to her. She turned as if to walk away but knew that would simply look foolish of her and so instead she spoke again.
"You ... you don't happen to be Xavier Snow's sister do you?" just the thought of him again and seeing his likeness so nearby set off goosebumps along her skin, and the urge to seek Sebastian out immediately overwhelmed her. She did not want to use him for protection against feelings she was confused about though... no whatever this was, she would handle on her own. As she did most things.

Gabrielle had to admit she was slightly surprised when the girl she had been watching actually decided to speak to her instead of just walking by like she always did, but she tried hard not to show it. Instead a ghost of a smile appeared on her lips as she lightly closed her notebook and peered up at the girl with her icy blue eyes that resembled her brothers greatly. "Yeah I'm his sister, his twin sister if you want to be technical about it." She stated, her French accent heavy and her tone was much colder than Xavier's had ever sounded when he spoke to someone. Honestly she did not have the kindness her brother had, her mother had raise them both to be cold so she had no idea why her brother was such an airhead most of the time. "It's good to see you still remember my idiot of a brother." Gabrielle smirked at the girl as she gingerly lifted her bag and put her notebook inside, she would have a fun time mulling around this one because really she thought that Trilby was good for Xavier. Why they had broken up was nothing more that a ridiculous misunderstanding that could have been fixed easily if the two of them had learned to communicate properly.

"I already know who you are, Trilby. Xavier talks about you all the time." Gabrielle flashed her another smile, she was just as popular and well know as her brother had been only she didn't abuse that gift and flirted with everyone. Instead she ignore most who advanced on her because she simply did not have the time to go around making friends with everyone, she was going to Graduate soon and had to be ready to take over the family Lefevre if her mother was going to give it over anytime soon.

Trilby had forgotten that he had a twin, how could she have done that. Berating herself inwardly for forgetting such an important detail of Xavier's life Trilby paused a moment. Why was she beating herself up over it? They were finished, she seriously didn't have to feel bad about anything.

At the girls words, Trilby found herself blushing. How could she forget him? She was trying her best of course but every corner she turned there was always something there that would invariably remind her of him. Trilby moved a step closer.
"He is not an idiot" she did not know why she felt the need to defend him, in her honest opinion he was a complete idiot for wanting to break up with her but this she would never voice aloud. Scavenging her memory she felt relieved when she could finally recall the girls name, Gabrielle. She shook her head slowly and gave a small smile in the older girls direction.

"You are mistaken Gabrielle ... he most likely used to talk about me. We have been broken up now a while" she turned to walk away, not wanting to discuss their break up with anyone least of all his sister. She still felt raw from it, it was after all her very first break up and jumping in to get it done before he could do it to her had not eased her as much as she thought it would at the time. Instead it had left her feeling numb inside, as if there was a huge gaping hole that had once held so many possibilities and was now empty, with no hope of ever being filled.

Trilby always felt guilty when she thought like this, especially as she was dating Sebastian now and she was happy with him, very happy.

Catching the fact that Trilby was blushing, Gabrielle could say she was honestly very pleased with herself and the results she was getting right now. On top of the blush she was wearing she even defended the fool's honor by saying he wasn't an idiot, when it was fairly obviously that he was an idiot. "I've known Xavier all my life, trust me he's an idiot." A small smirk graced her lips as she said this, the whole family pretty much ignored him whenever possible because he never took anything serious, plus he has tried to break many family laws in the past. Being next to the girl that Xavier had admired for so long was a little awkward for Gabrielle, especially one that had dumped him for reasons unknown to anyone really. She knew that she should feel nothing but anger towards Trilby for hurting her brother like she had, but at the same time Gabrielle could really not care all that much if her brother suffered or not, it was his own problem to deal with.

As Trilby walked away, an almost sickening smirk rose to her pretty face, oh how predictable these two seemed to be with their emotions and actions. "Wrong. He still does." For a Prefect this girl seemed to not be very observant and have high confidence in herself, then again it was said that emotional hurt could sometimes cloud a person's head. As Gabrielle muttered something she reached into her designer purse and pulled out a dark brown envelope, inside the envelope was a letter from Xavier that she had received a few days ago. "Why you dumped him I don't know, but I have proof that he still talks about you...right here." She waved the letter around carefully, she was a bit curious about why the girl had ended the thing, and she just loved proving others wrong so this was all sort of a treat to Gabrielle. Giving Trilby a look that hinted that there was something in store for her, hopefully it would send a message to the girl that Gabrielle knew something she didn't.

Again with the 'idiot' remarks and Trilby found she was actually cupping her hands into fists by her side. Xavier might have always put himself across like an airhead but he was far from being one. He was smart, kind and considerate, easy to talk to and a great listener; she could list off his good points all day long but caught herself just in time. He had also broken her heart, which hadn't been very considerate of him at all really.

Gabrielle assured her briefly that he did still talk about her and went so far as to rummage in her bag removing an envelope with familiar handwriting. Again she told herself she was happy with Sebastian that she did not need to know what he wrote about in a letter regarding her ... but she did want to know.
"I merely beat him to it" she spoke as calmly as she possibly could looking at Gabrielle now and not the letter in her hand. She had never spoken of her break up to anyone but Alexius and he had been wonderful about it surprisingly enough. Trilby seriously didn't think she could talk to his sister about it though and yet, surely she would have known her brothers mind anyhow.

"We met ... I travelled so far to see him and he was so distant, so cool. He was not happy to see me at all and I knew... I had a feeling that he wanted to break with me. So..." she sighed looking down at her balled fists and loosened them considerably, "I broke with him before he could with me. So if he still talks about me, no doubt it is that he is perhaps angry that he did not do the deed before I did."

Gabrielle slowly rolled her icy blue eyes at the younger Prefect, she rested her case right after she heard that sad explanation of why they were not longer together from Trilby. "Okay, now I think both of you are idiots." A small sigh escaped her lips she opened the envelope and pulled out a piece of Parchment that had many messy looking words written on it, her fingers held the thin letter carefully between them as she stared at Trilby carefully. They way they had broken up with each other was ridiculous and if she could, Gabrielle would have slapped them both upside the head for allowing their emotions to get in the way like that. "Gabrielle, I know you probably won't want to, but I'm asking you nicely to please check up on Trilby for me...I want to know if she's been doing okay.' Oh yeah, he sounds fuuuurious to me." Gabrielle read part of the letter out loud to the girl before she folded it up and lowered it onto her lap, during the last part of her sentence she admitted thats he sounded like a straight up snot but she couldn't really care all that much if she sounded like one or not.

"Xavier was merely acting like that because he thought you wanted him to act like that. And he was coming there to as you to meet our mother, not break up with you." Gabrielle stated as she brushed some of her light blonde hair our of her face, she really should have pinned up the rest of it instead of just some of it because it was really getting her way today. She figured it would be hard for Trilby to understand some of this because the girl may not know about how strict the rest of the family was, so she took it upon herself to explain to the poor girl what was going. "A relationship could never go any further or really be accepted in our family unless my mother has met you. Xavier is terrified of our mother, so it he was planning on bringing you to meet her he obviously liked you...a lot." A small snort was added onto the end as she tried to calm herself down a little, she was getting to worked up over this and it was starting to affect how she was feeling. But she had found this thing just so stupid that there was no way she could keep her mouth shut. Maybe she should also show Trilby the necklace.

Trilby looked at the girl first with increduality and then as she began to read the letter, Trilby's composure fell completely. Her mouth opened to speak but no words came out. She was stricken dumb... he had wanted his sister to keep an eye on her. To make sure that she was alright. That didn't sound like a boy who in the midst of wanting to dump his girlfriend ended up getting dumped himself first. She tried to figure out what his reasoning behind this was and came up short. Her feet were slowly moving closer to the bench though and as Gabrielle spoke again, Trilby sat down looking even more grief stricken than before.

Was she seriously telling the truth? What possible reason did she have for lying? Trilby looked at his sister cautiously and knew that every word she spoke was the undeniable truth. Xavier, her Xavier had not wanted to break with her. He had not wanted them to end at all but had wanted to introduce her instead to his mother. Her eyes welled up and she looked away. She had broken with him because her pride, her ego had misread every single signal he had given that day. Her world felt as if it would tumble about her for her own stupidity. Looking across the lawn she was unsure what to do now. Should she write to him and apologize for the grave mistake she had made and then she recalled all these thoughts. She had Sebastian now, writing to Xavier to explain anything would surely be an act of betrayal wouldn't it? Her heart felt painful, agony tore through her and she wanted nothing more than to be on her own to rumminate on all the things that Gabrielle had told her.

"I am an idiot" was all she could manage.

Gabrielle could not help but rolled her eyes softly when Trilby called herself an idiot, there was something that made her feel sorry for the girl but at the same time she felt that they both deserved it for acting like a bunch of idiots. "Yeah you kind of are." Love was something that Gabrielle thought she was too young to understand not to mention even really care about all that much, which was why she had never been seen dating during her seven years at Beauxbatons. Of course she had crushes, but either they were into her younger sister or she just didn't feel like it was worth it putting herself out there like that. Reaching into her bag she pulled out a Necklace that she held carefully between her fingers, even if it was something her brother picked out she still found it just as pretty and sparkly as any other girl or woman receiving the gift would think it was. "He bought this for you too and was going to give it to you that day, you should keep it though." Gabrielle held out the necklace, he wasn't sure if she would take or not but at least she had done what her brother wanted her to and offered it for the girl to take. Whatever it was that all these girls that he dated saw in him, it was something that Gabrielle could not really understand.

"Don't worry about it causing a rift between you and your current boyfriend though, Xavier's currently dating some Slytherin girl back at Hogwarts." Gabrielle couldn't really recall the girls name, but she did know what house and blood status she was simply because Theodore had caused a rift about it not too long ago, in fact Gabi vaguely wondered if she should tell Trilby about the senseless flirting of his that had returned.

Trilby felt numb, distinctly ridiculous; how many times had she thought about him and how they had broken up? How many times did she try to rationalise her own actions that day? In the beginning it had all made sense, it had all been so cut and dry. The way he had behaved towards her, the way he had spoken to her. All so cool and proper, so perfectly polite that it just wasn't him and now she found out that he had tried to change for her, to please her. The fool! Hadn't he known that she cared about him for him and not for an ideal of him.

Gabrielle was speaking opening up her bag and removing something from it. Trilby glanced and had to do a second glance. She was holding up a necklace to her, telling her that it was for her. It was beautiful and looked so delicate that she was almost afraid to touch it. Gingerly she reached out and took it from Gabrielle's hand, holding it in her palm and looking at the beautiful diamond encrusted star. She could feel her throat tighten and her chest become gripped with a pain she had never felt before. This was seriously not fair. He had no right to do this to her, not now ... not when she was so happy with Sebastian.

She wanted to keep it, she did. Her hand gripped it delicately yet possessively at the same time and then Gabrielle mentioned Sebastian and Xavier's current dating situation. Trilby knew all about the houses of Hogwarts and was disgusted that of all girls he would date it would be someone from the most corrupt house of all. She stood then and held her hand out with the necklace to Gabrielle.

"I do not want it, he can give it to his new girlfriend. We have both moved on, it would seem that I have moved on to a better place than he. A Slytherin!" she scoffed shaking her head, not wanting to say anymore and not caring too either. Many prestigious wizarding families had also been in that house but it was jealousy that made her disparage it now and nothing more.

Gabrielle scoffed at the girl when she said that not only did she not want it, but that he should give it to his other girlfriend whom Trilby already seemed not very fond of. "Thats your opinion. Almost sounds like your a little jealous though." Trilby held the necklace back out to Gabrielle but the older prefect refused to take it and pushed the girls' hand away from her because she wasn't going to take it back. Xavier didn't want it back anyways so if Gabrielle took it back she wouldn't be able to get rid of it and would probably end up throwing it way or something. The whole situation between Trilby and Xavier was beyond ridiculous but at the same time it was almost like one of those sad tragic love stories that everyone seemed to know about from plays and stories they had read. "He still likes you, I know he does. And he probably has reasons for dating this girl." Just like Trilby had reasons for being with her current boyfriend Xavier must have had reasons for dating that girl he was current dating, maybe they were just trying to get over one another or they actually planned to move on and get on with their lives without eachother. Gabrielle knew that if her brother was stopped before it was too late, he would get carried away and things would go from bad to worse. He had gained their mother's trait of able to turn even the worst situations even more worse than before.

"I suggest you fix this before things get out of hand. He's already broken one younger girls heart at Hogwarts and that caused a huge riot, he's going to to keep going too." Gabrielle recalled the whole issue between Ariah and him because Xavier and Theodore had both written to her voicing their complaints about the situation. Xavier had begged her to keep this all from Trilby, but Gabrielle felt that Trilby had the right to know that girls were doing the same thing there that they were doing here.

It infuriated her that Gabrielle would think she was jealous, Trilby hated being like an open book. If she had been so easy to read for his sister then why couldn't Xavier had seen how she felt about him just as easily?
"I'm not" she told her hoping that would be the end of it as she glanced down at the necklace that Gabrielle refused to take.

As the older girl spoke again, it became quite clear that Xavier had moved on, had returned to his old ways before he had dated her. When every girl was up for grabs and he broke hearts left, right and center. It hurt to hear these things about him but there was nothing she could do, not a solitary bit. They were finished, over with and if Xavier chose to behave like some cave man then she most certainly couldn't stop him.

"He is his own person... these are his choices. I am sure he is dating the girl because he really likes her. There is nothing for me to fix Gabrielle" her voice had dropped, she was crazy about Sebastian, was very happy with him and yet she knew that there was a hole in her heart since her break up with Xavier that simply had never been fixed. Might never be fixed.
"He will have to learn from his own mistakes" though she said these words she did not believe them; though her loyalty lied squarely with Sebastian now she felt a desperate need to go to Xavier.

Gabrielle stared at Trilby with a perfect raised eyebrow, usually she didn't bother to ever associate with girls like this and it killed her to try and act as if she cared right now. She was doing this for her brother and Trilby merely because things were just a lot easier to deal with when they were together and it kept Xavier out of a lot more trouble than he usually got in before and after they started dating. "Don't lie to me, I'm not an idiot like my brother so don't treat me like one." This time her voice actually came out almost like a snap, she was trying to help these two fix things and it was honestly getting a little tiring that neither of them were cooperating with her, at least Xavier was able to admit something whereas Trilby was just making it harder on herself to actually get things to fix themselves. Maybe talking to her was a bad idea, maybe she should just tell the younger Prefect to get lost. Xavier definitely got his girl charming ability and skill from their father Alphonse who apparently was once even more of a flirt than Xavier was, except more well behaved. Then again their mother's beauty seemed to attract attention in her youth too, whoever gave him the charm should have been hit because it was an obnoxious trait.

"Obviously you don't know my brother very well do you. And there is something for you fix, your digging yourself a very big hole of lies does your current boyfriend even know about how you and Xavier broke up?" Gabrielle asked as she flicked some of her blonde hair out of her face and stared at Trilby evenly with her dark blue eyes, she was thankful that she got her mother's observant side because it was really helping her through all of this. Usually she was not a patient person nor helpful but still even if she was getting fairly irked off she still wanted to help these two, they didn't have to get back together just forgive eachother and stop acting like a bunch of lovesick morons.

"Maybe so, but can you learn to fix yours too?" Everyone made mistakes, there was always something to fix but the real question people needed to ask themselves was it worth fixing? At least stop the hating and avoiding one another, that would be more than good enough for her but it seemed they weren't even willing to do that much.

She balked with indignation as Gabrielle spoke to her again, ready to defend him and herself when she suddenly closed her eyes. She still cared for him, it hurt when anyone spoke badly of him. She thought about him often though she tried so very hard not too. Troubled she sat down once more staring at the delicate chain in her hands.

"I have not told Sebastian but not because I did not want too, but at the time I could not and now ... it would probably hurt to explain to him that Xavier and I broke up by mistake, my mistake. Your brother and I..." a tear trickled down her cheek, her slender hand reached up and wiped it gently away.
"we are dating other people now ... we most likely will never meet again. He is in New Zealand and I am here" she had never made a habit of making mistakes but when she did make them they were whoppers for sure. As much as she knew this one had to be fixed somehow, she also knew that the end result could not be for them to start dating again. Trilby cared too much about Sebastian to hurt him like that and she would not have the other girls heart on her conscience either.

"He's not an idiot" she said softly, her fingers tracing along the ridges of the chain, "he is only doing what he must to keep body and soul together. You might think that I do not know him but ..." she looked at his sister then as she spoke, "I have always known my own heart..."
What remained unsaid in that moment and what she had known for some time though deny it to herself as she would, was that Xavier was her heart. Essential to her life as breathing was.

Gabrielle could scarcely believe that Sebastian didn't know about any of this, almost everyone around here knew that they had broken up and why they had broken up. It seemed that once Trilby explained herself that she was keeping this from him for a reason, to Gabrielle it was that she still cared about Xavier and she didn't want him to know about it. And to make matters worse she thought they were never going to see eachother again, did they serious think they could run away like that? "Wrong, once he Graduates he's coming back to France." Gabrielle rolled her eyes as she said this, as much as she disliked the thought that her brother would be back did not please her all that much but at the same time it was pleasing because hopefully his mother would knock some sense into him after spending some time at the Lefevre Manor over winter break. Trilby would still have another year of school all together so maybe her and Xavier wouldn't see eachother all that much anyways unless Xavier actually made an attempt to go out and see her or visit his old friends from Beauxbatons, last she heard he and Vincent were still close.

"He is an idiot, you'd never understand why unless you knew my family and how angry he tends to make them." Gabrielle's thoughts went back to her mother and how cold and heartless she was most of the time, thing things her brother did and the attitude he had to the world did a good job at upsetting her most of the time and one day she was pretty sure that Danielle was going to tear him apart for it. "He needs some help though, you guys should at least go back to being friends or on speaking terms. Don't let your stubbornness ruin this for you." Gabrielle sighed softly to herself as she tried to think of a reason that they wouldn't be able to talk to each other now that Trilby knew the truth and everything.

Trilby was speechless, Xavier would be returning to France after he graduated? She pondered on that a moment, knowing already how difficult it was to know that she slept under the sky as him but for him to be so close and yet so far from her, felt like a dagger being pierced deeper and deeper with no hopes of being removed ever.
"He has never made me angry" she said in such a small voice as if deep in thought, there was very little now she could do. She knew of course that she would have to be honest with Sebastian, she could have told him all about the break up at the second task but instead had told him to invariably get lost. She had needed no one but her pain had been much too raw, she had needed everyone and had pushed the ones closest to her far away. It was probably why she had found it easier to speak with Alexius in the end.

"Do you seriously think he would want to be my friend, after I broke with him?" she doubted it but if she thought for a second that he would speak to her again, she would write him first thing. The sliver of hope that expounded throughout her heart was ridiculous, it felt so light and peaceful as if she had been waiting for this reassurance since they had broken up. It was times like this that she wished her mother was not in some asylum but at home waiting for her daughter to confide her heart and soul too.

Gabrielle took Trilby being silent as a sign that she was shocked, it was almost a bit odd that the girl didn't know that he was exactly that fond of New Zealand, the only reason he stayed was because of Alphonse and that he was closer to one of his good friends who oddly went here instead of Hogwarts. Gabrielle simply thought that Xavier was far too easily pushed around by their father and that was why he had to transfer schools instead of staying at Beauxbatons like she ended up doing. Gabrielle moved her book bag further away from her but just as her hands were touched it she heard Trilby say something about him never making her upset or angry with him. "Thats because you don't live with him, once you've lived with him you know all the insanity he can being to someone." Gabrielle rolled her eyes before she snorted to herself softly, some of the things he did were just so stupid that you couldn't help but laugh at him, others just drove you insane. Gabrielle did not hate her twin, he was just a handful to live with at times and slowly but surely she had to start cutting ties from in when it came time for the family to be handed over to her.

"How about this, I have a letter here where he had written to you and asked you to come to his Graduation." She pulled her bag to her and opened it up once again, this time pulling out another envelope, but this one happened to be addressed to Trilby instead of her. However it was opened and didn't look as if it had ever been owled or mailed because of how clean and neat it still looked. "He never sent it because he thought you would reject it and he would be heartbroken to not see you come, so Alyssa gave it to me." As much as the young Veela girl irked Gabrielle off with the way she was, there was definitely something about her that the older Prefect liked as well and took it without any complaint, she held it out to Trilby for her to take. Inside it there were many things written, like how much he missed her at times, how school was going, how much he hated things at home, and even a little bit about his younger brothers friends trying to beat him up over some girl. It was a lot to go through but Gabrielle figured Trilby should see it even if Xavier didn't ever plan on ever having her see it.

Trilby had just about had enough of Gabrielle downsizing her brother in front of her. She may not have any siblings of her own but had always expected some loyalty to play a huge part in the family dynamic. She frowned slightly at the girl attempting to hide her irritation at her when she then produced a letter. Xavier wanted her to go to his graduation. She was mystified by this news, her mouth opened and closed to say something but she was completely struck dumb. He had invited her?

But as she looked at the envelope and listened to what she had to say, it was clear indeed that he had no intention of ever posting it. Should she then still take it, technically it was hers. Her name was written on the front in his handwriting. She could not help but smile, deciding then to put this letter with the others he had written to her when they had still been dating. Every single one still kept neatly tied with a cream satin bow and lodged at the bottom of her trunk. Her next words caused her to reach for it then, she would not be the cause of any more heart ache for him. She had been cowardly and guilty enough already. Her fingers closed around the envelope and she thanked Gabrielle for passing it on to her.
"I cannot promise that I will go ..." she would have to give it serious consideration, he was after all dating and his new girlfriend would obviously be there and of course she would have to tell Sebastian ... if she decided to go.

Trilby said that she wouldn't promise that she could go and Gabrielle let go a simple shrug before her dark crystal blue eyes stared at Trilby evenly, sometimes she seriously wished she could stare people darkly with her eyes like her mother could when she was getting annoyed. "No one is forcing you to go, he won't even know if you rejected or not because I'm not telling him you have that letter." Gabrielle stated softly, for once she was actually trying to sound civil and not trying to insult the younger Prefect or make her feel bad, if she rejected then nothing would change except the one chance they would have had to fix everything would be gone and they probably would have another one after this year, chances were that they would grow apart even more then before. "You'd be lucky because my mother won't be there, less drama for you." Danielle Lefevre, or rather their mother was not the most friendly or understanding person in the world and often didn't even try to bother with meeting the girls that Xavier was with. She had told him that if he bothered to introduce her to one of his girlfriends that he better be really serious about that girl, meaning you'd better love her or something along those lines. She did not like her time being wasted and nor was she really all that fond of teenagers to begin with.

"You may never see him again after this either, who knows whats going to happen." The blonde warned her as she once again closed the book bag she had with her, it wasn't something she knew for sure but who knows what would happen to any of them one they Graduated.

With each word she felt certain that Gabrielle was trying to push her to go. Perhaps she hated her brother enough to want to embarrass him in some way? She had shown no love for him so far, insulting him at every turn. Perhaps this was a spiteful ploy of hers to get one over on the sibling she did not like? Trilby was extremely weary but decided she would base her decision on the letter in her hand and not on anything further that his sister said to her.

Standing up she turned to look at the older girl.
"I will take what you have said under advisement, I will" she did not smile but instead nodded her head politely and placed the letter very carefully inside the pages of her book.
"Thank you" she was not sure if she should be thanking her or not but the girl had given her a letter that she would not otherwise have gotten.
"I need to go now .. but once again I thank you" she held the book close to her and turned in the direction she had been walking moments earlier and all but fled that way now. It took all her efforts not to find the nearest well hidden spot and take out the letter to read then and there, but she succeeded. In fact she got completely through the rest of the day not looking at it and it was not until late at night tucked up in her bed that she began to read it's contents and with tears glistening in her eyes, the decision to attend his graduation was made for her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back