Gwydion Amos

Ilvermorny Grad | Wannabe Used Broom Salesman

OOC First Name
Camilla
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Dion idly twirled his wand between his fingers as he sat in the dorms. Another year at Ilvermony, then, which he wasn't too bothered about. It had been quite the adjustment going from Hogwarts to Ilvermony, but he thought he was doing pretty alright. While he hadn't excelled at his exams, he had done enough to get by. He probably needed to put in more of an effort, but his dad just didn't have the heart to reprimand him for not trying as hard as he should have, and Dion wasn't going to encourage the conversation if he didn't have to. Sure, he'd work harder as the requirements for getting sufficient grades would go up, and he knew he was clever enough to get the marks he needed to keep teachers off his back. Besides, he could always pull out the excuse of his family having gone through a rough time over the past few years. He didn't actually want to use it as a crutch, as he was responsible for himself, but it was there if he needed to use it.

But Ilvermony had Quidditch, he was able to duel, and the classes were pretty alright all things considered. It was also kind of helped that he wasn't the only Hogwarts expat. He hadn't ever really been close with Noah, but he knew him enough to hold a conversation with him. And considering they were both in the same kind of boat, and now both in the Quidditch team, it really just felt like some kind of sign from the universe that maybe they should really just be friends or something. He looked over at his classmate with a raised eyebrow, not bothering to attempt to study Transfiguration any further for the moment. "Hey man, you think we're gonna beat Beauxbatons as badly as last year?" he asked, in a lazy attempt to start conversation.

Noah didn't mind being back at school as much as he had done before. At least it beat being at home with his mom. Somehow he had thought that moving back to America would be temporary. That transferring schools would be temporary. That he would be back at Hogwarts in time for graduation. But it had dawned on him that everything was in fact not temporary. That he was here to stay. At least untill graduation. Once that was over and done with he'd be moving right back to Scotland. That much he knew. Even if he wasn't entirely sure with what money yet. It didn't matter. He'd be an adult then which meant no one could force him to keep living with his mom.

So here was. Having accepted his fate. And yet he couldn't help but to remain bitter. Bitter about having to move away from his dad. Bitter about changing schools, leaving everything he knew behind. His friends, his reputation, his spot on the quidditch team. Sure, he had managed to get one of those back up and running as soon as he had gotten to Ilvermorny but the other two were still a sore spot in his day to day life. It sucked going from being known to being someone that had to mix in with students who had known each other for years. At least he wasn't the only one who had to deal with that. It felt dumb that Dion and him were both here yet had barely spoken more than a few sentences. No more than they had done at Hogwarts. Especially when they could very well have been each others best allies during that first period at Ilvermorny. Noah had been laying on his bed, his hands behind his head as he stared at the ceiling. "I'd hope so." He scoffed in reply to Dion's question, not bothering to shift his gaze from the ceiling. "You guys just knock out their seekers and we should be good." He added with a small grin. He wasn't much for unrealistic ideas. He knew chasers were never meant to make a huge different in any game. But the beaters could and he sure hoped they'd put their back into it. "Or maybe Micha'll have some ultra quick strike of luck again and we won't even have to get into the air."

"Ha, you never know," Dion said with a shrug. "You and Abigail could just score 16 times and even if Micha never finds the snitch we still win." It really was kind of a weird sport when he thought about it, but the goal scoring and bludger hitting made it a more interesting viewing experience than just watching the seeker search for a speck of gold. Except when the seeker got the snitch instantly. That wasn't really fun for anyone. Dion looked up at the ceiling himself, thinking for a few moments. He usually was thinking of something or other, despite appearances. "Or we both end up transferring there by a weird coincidence for seventh year." He'd never pried on Noah's personal life, since it wasn't exactly his business. He just got the impression that obviously something had happened, probably in his family life. He'd lost his mum, but he wasn't exactly going to talk about it. So why would he pry on anyone else's life? "'Cause hey, French chicks are pretty cute. Stuck up, though. Would probably make Abigail look laid back."

Noah snorted when Dion mentioned them scoring 16 times to still win the game if Micha wouldn't be able to find the snitch. Part of him wanted that to actually happen. That would be a flex, for sure. But he also didn't think he could recall any matches during which that had happened. Amateur or professional. Might be worth a little research. "Right, yeah. Don't think that'll happen. I doubt I would ever even get my hands on the quaffle unless I catch it myself. Abigail doesn't seem like the passing type." He replied. It wasn't something that had bothered him before though. If she wasn't keen on being a team player than neither did he. Perhaps it was something he should get a better read on this year. "Now that would be a strange twist of faith." Noah nodded thoughtfully at Dion's remark. He didn't know why the other boy had transferred and he was sure it was the same the other way around but they were here now. Might as well make the best of it. See if they got along. "You sure about that?" He questioned, propping himself up on his elbows so he could look at Dion with a raised eyebrow. "Because I mean if you're willing to take a shot when we play the French team I'd gladly be your wingman." He offered with a smirk. "If only because it'd be funny to see you fail."

Dion shrugged, feeling somewhat relaxed. It was nice to just hang out, without really worrying about Quidditch or grades or things like that. Common ground to talk about, but no real expectation. "Surely she'll get in a catfight with Flick or some sh*t and you'll be able to take a starring role on the field," he joked, the mental image too amusing. Or maybe the next game would end up in a brawl. He wanted to look affronted at Noah's comment, but he wasn't a very good actor. Game face was one thing. "Yeah, right, as if the ladies could resist these guns" he said, flexing his kind of entirely average muscles that were not able to hit bludgers on target very often. His terrible lying meant that he looked over at Noah with a wry grin, clearly not being serious. "If the game's short enough I'll charm that real pretty chaser of theirs, just for a laugh. The one that's part-Veela or something." He had no idea for sure, just an assumption.

Noah wasn't too sure why he had never spoken to Dion much back at Hogwarts. Perhaps it had been because he had been to focussed on his own life to pay much attention to that of others. Or he had been to stuck in his own friend group to notice there were more of their classmates he might get along with. Now none of them were here, but Dion was. And so far, he seemed fine. Cool enough to hang out with. "You do know that we're the ones who'd have to pull them apart if that happens right?" He laughed at Dion's remark. "I mean I don't think Micha could handle either of those girls." Noah grinned. He couldn't say he minded most of their team consisting of girls though. "Nah, I'm certain I could take that starring role without Abigail being distracted." He added with a little flair of arrogance. He had to believe in himself though, right? It wasn't like anyone else would do that for him. "Wow, sorry. Obviously I didn't know who I was dealing with." Noah responded, the sarcasm in his tone more than clear as he raised his hands up in fake surrender. At least Dion was chill enough to not take his previous joke personally, which was good. "I'm gonna hold you to that." He said as he gave the other boy a small nod. "If the game's that short we might be able to use some post-game entertainment anyways."

In all honesty, Dion had probably been a bit too self-absorbed to hang out with people much at Hogwarts. It vaguely struck him that he didn't have anyone to write back to there. He didn't really feel too sad about that, but it did feel a little odd. He supposed everything that had happened with his family had knocked him down a peg. "Okay, but if it's Beauxbatons girls getting in a catfight with our girls, even I'm not brave enough to get in the middle of that." There was a reason he hadn't been sorted in to Gryffindor, after all. The image of Micha trying to break up a fight was funny to him, though. "Yeah, man, you really could," he said, surprisingly genuine. He was finding it actually kind of nice to talk to someone and just be chill. He gave a half mock bow, which was really just a half hearted move of his arm across his stomach and a nod of his head. "I aim to entertain. Don't aim my bloody bludger hits, but what can you do." He shrugged, knowing he wasn't great at Quidditch but at least hoping he could appear good enough. It wasn't likely in his future, so he wasn't too fussed. "It's just a good time, aye?"

Noah took a second to think about what Dion had said. He knew he wouldn't want to be caught in a catfight between Felicity and Abigail but he did have to agree that mixing them with the Beauxbatons girls would be even scarier. "Fair point." He nodded in agreement, although he couldn't stop a small grin at the idea. It did sound like it would be an interesting sight. Noah was a little surprised when Dion agreed with the fact that he should be able to step into a starring role as chaser no matter what Abigail did. Not quite sure what to say to that he just gave the other boy a small nod of appreciation. "I'm sure the captains appreciate you just being around for entertainment." He snorted at Dion's remark. "Nah, but you're right though. Might as well have some fun during quidditch while we're at it. And who knows? Maybe if you get turned down I'll put in some charm, show you how it's done." He added jokingly. Quidditch was fun and he liked to think he had some skills but that didn't take away from the fact that he also just liked the idea of the international games. Seeing kids from other schools.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back