Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single (Not Looking)
Sexual Orientation
Violence
Wand
Knotted 13" Unyielding Dogwood Wand with Essence of Belladonna Core
Rome loved life outside of school. It had been a good number of years since she had left school but it was better every day than all of the years of school combined. It was just better. She had her own band, she play consistently, had a good enough fanbase and had some little side activities that kept her fun and engaged. She had come to a friend of a friend’s concert, a little music festival of sorts with over priced drinks, and in her view pathetic wannabe singers, nothing like her. She had come to the bar, or at least the closest bar she could fine and was getting herself a drink, using a little harmless flirting and lying to get herself a free drink. Once she had a drink in hand she glanced round to the room, there were a good number of people milling around, but no one appeared that interesting to her and she couldn’t even spot the person who had invited her to this, her friend of a friend. She knew she had to stay a little longer, maybe get a few more free drinks and then go. She was just wasting time here.

The energy was always electric at shows, even shows Delaney wasn't playing, and he craved it. A good crowd beat even a cheering charm in his book, but tonight Delaney didn't know if he was really feeling it. Maybe he'd overdone it with his muffliato charm, but anytime he tried to go to shows without it he could feel the phantom of Leo watching over him complaining about hearing loss and had to do it anyway. Pushing his way out of the crowd, Delany made it over to one of the bars, waving at the bar tender and scrubbing a hand through his hair as he leaned on the bartop. Casting around, he paused when he spotted a familiar face nearby, though he couldn't immediately place her. "Hey.. Aren't you Rome Savage?" He said, face lighting up when he put a face to the name. "No way, are you playing here tonight?" He asked excitedly, sliding over to her. Having Rome Savage on the bill would definitely improve the rest of this show.

Rome had been expecting to finished her drink and then leave. She was three quarters of the way done and already thinking about how great it would be to just go to bed when someone next to her spoke. She glanced at him ready to tell him to get lost, when he recognised her. She smirked lightly, ”I am,” even if she hadn’t been who he thought she was, Rome would’ve said she was. She wasn’t playing that night, she would’ve liked to, thinking she was better than most of these people, but this was a social visit for her. However, he didn’t know that, ”Yeah, I’m on later, just getting a pre-show drink you know” she told him. She extended a hang to him, ”Always good to meet a fan,” she told her. He was cute enough that Rome might linger around a little. ”Are you enjoying the show so far?” She asked him. Rome didn’t entirely care about what he thought of it, but it was the only thing she could say to him, without maybe needing to lie a bit more and she was holding off, to see what he said before saying more.
i forgot to hit watch thread! sorry for the wait!

Delaney perked up when Rome mentioned she was playing later, she would definitely be an improvement on tonight's bill. "Oh sweet, I had no idea," Delaney said, propping himself up on the bar to face Rome, eager to get a chance to chat with one of the other great musicians in the NZ scene. "I'm Delaney, I'm in Ashes," He said, happy to drop the band's name in and gage her reaction. Ashes had been doing pretty well for themselves the last few years so he was hopeful Rome had at least heard of them if not seen them play before. "It's.. Alright," He said with a shrug, turning his head to survey the band on stage. "I'll never rag on anyone who's up there and playing and stuff, but could use a little more oomph," He said, making a vague hand motion. Music to Delaney had always been more of a feeling than anything he could really eloquently describe, much to his band mate's frustration.

Rome certainly liked that he perked up a little when she’d said she would be playing later, it didn’t matter that he’d definitely figure out that she wasn’t. That didn’t matter to her at all. It wasn’t like she was ever going to actively pursue this guy beyond this night. She was a little surprised at the band name drop, she’d heard of Ashes, they were pretty good if she was being honest about it. She hadn’t heard them live and she didn’t know much about the band, but here was at least one of them, ”Are you scoping out the competition?” she asked with a little tease in her tone, ”Your band would’ve helped liven up the crowd at the beginning of the night,” she told him, thinking it was enough of a compliment without being too much. Saying any more than that would’ve certainly been too much. Rome looked to the band as Delaney then said they needed more ooomph. She could agree, she knew that had she been up there she’d have brought the ooomph but alas she wouldn’t get that chance. ”Oomph is very important, if you don’t have it, the crowd will never get lively enough,” she agreed, if she hadn't she might still have lied about agreeing for the fun of it, ”I’ve never heard Ashes live, when will you next be playing?”

Delaney made a few aborted noises of protest when Rome teased him, waving his hand and nearly sloshing his drink. "Psht, nah, just burning off some steam and stuff," He said, setting his drink down before re-thinking it and taking another quick gulp. He liked to pride himself on being cool and calm but anyone could tell he was a mess of excitement and nerves talking to other musicians. "Oh yeah, oomph is like, number one. Gotta have the crowd on your side. They can carry you even if you suck," He said brightly. "Not that we suck. Or you, even," He said quickly. Delaney supposed he could be disappointed that Rome had never heard Ashes play, but he was too busy being excited about the fact that she had heard of them, and did in fact want to hear them live. If only he could remember what Leo had said about when their next show was. "Uh, I think we've got something coming up next month. We've been working on some new stuff, so you should definitely come. If you want," He said, propping his elbow on the bar and nearly knocking over his drink again.

Rome was fairly oblivious to Delaney’s mood and his drinking, she was paying more attention to the musician at the front of the room and sipping her drink slowly. She didn’t want to drink it all in one go and be forced to either end the conversation to keep up the lie, though he wasn’t that wrong, the bad crowd and you just ended up playing to people who didn’t care and there was nothing more disheartening, well, there hadn’t been anything more disheartening when she had first gotten started, it didn’t happen often any more, usually only if they were the support for some very dedicated band. She had always learned to much better handle the frustration that came with it. She nodded at his statement, ”But it is true,” she wouldn’t comment on the fact he’d very specifically said her bad didn’t suck. ”Oh nice,” she said turning to him, and seeing as he nearly knocked over his drink, ”My band and I are recording for the next month or so, so it would be nice to hear some live music,” she told him with a little smirk, ”Owl me the details,” she wasn’t actually sure she’d go, but he seemed like such a fan and it just felt fun to even play into it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back