Murder Son, She's Painful.

Astoria Vyhnal

OOC First Name
Jessye
Wand
Ebony Wand 12 1/2" Essence of Dragon Blood
Astoria curled her fingers around the post of a fence as she and Tristane slowly walked together down abandoned sidewalk. The darkness of night had settled in nicely some time ago, so there really was no hurry in their steps. It was a nice night. It wasn't too cool or warm. It was just perfect. It had been quite a few months since Astoria and Tristane had met at that Quidditch game. About eighteen to be exact. They had taken their friendship off to a slow start. More slow than Astoria was used to. But that didn't stop it from gradually blooming into something stronger. A couple of weeks ago Astoria found herself unable to stop thinking about Tristane. More often than not she found herself wanting to be around him as much as possible. That was when she realized that she had feelings for him. Strong feelings. One thing led to another before Astoria found herself dating the man that had captured her attention and currently, her heart. Astoria had never felt this way about anyone before. Minus Jarrett but those feelings were clearly not returned. Plus it was years ago. Tristane had something different about him. Something that made her feel safe and comfortable being with him. He didn't treat her differently. Even when she told him about her past-drinking problem including. Instead of making her feel like she was weak or stupid for it, whenever she felt like she had to go on a drinking binge, he'd ask her if she really needed it. He tied to help her help herself. Astoria couldn't thank him enough for that. It made her feel so wonderful having someone who helped her see the best in herself. Tonight was their third date. Astoria kept the first few a secret from everyone in case things didn't work out. But every single date was just as fun as the previous.

Tonight they played mini golf. Astoria learned tonight that golfing wasn't really her thing, but it was pretty damn fun. Especially when she missed nearly every shot except the last hole where she managed to somehow get a hole in one. Astoria bit her lip as she noticed them walking up the paved driveway to Jarrett's house. She had still been saving up to move out. Oddly, some of her savings had gone missing, so she had to wait a little bit longer. She and Jarrett had grown closer as well so she hoped he didn't mind. They still argued a lot, but they weren't at one another's throats as often as they were before. Astoria stopped right in front of the door and turned to Tristane. Her hair, instead of being left wavy like normal was completely straight and fall down to her mid-back like a curtain. "I had a lot of fun tonight. Thank you for taking me." Astoria said softly as she leaned in and met Tristane's lips with her own in a heated kiss. The kiss lasted a moment or two before it was broken and Astoria turned a deep shade of red. Sheepishly she stuffed her hands into her pockets. "You're still going camping with us right? Awesome! I'll see you in a few days then...goodnight." Astoria watched at Tristane walked away from the house and back down the sidewalk. Astoria would have invited him in, but she had practice tomorrow, she was also pretty sure Jarrett would throw a fit. Astoria turned and opened the door, but the moment the door opened, she found Jarrett standing there. "Whoa! Jarrett you scared me!" He just came out of nowhere. Did he see that Tristane was here with her? Jarrett was one of the few people she hadn't bother to tell about her and Tristane. For one, it felt...off telling him that sort of thing. Secondly, she was pretty sure Jarrett hated Tristane. Bright amber eyes stared straight into the sunglass covered ones. Was he okay?

The last thing that Jarrett should be doing was drinking a cold beer in his house, late at night. There was a good reason why. He had been drinking on and off for the past six hours, and he was pretty much drunk, but when he was drunk, he got even worse. Jarrett knew that Astoria was out on a date with that hero, and he was feeling even worse than ever, and could not figure it out. All he knew was that the guy made him look so bad. Jarrett did not know why he was constantly comparing himself to the guy, but he just wanted to stop that. He was standing by the living room window, looking out as he watched Tristane, that handsome man with Astoria. The look of two of them could make him throw up. It was not ideal to mix whiskey and beer. Already, he could feel that he was going to pay for it in the morning, but it helped his thoughts. Jarrett nearly lost all of the liquid in his stomach when he watched them kiss, and he clamped his hand over his mouth. Ugh, that was so gross. Jarrett rushed to the kitchen, and he had something that would help his stomach, which was two pieces of bread. That helped a little bit, but he kept stumbling all over the place. In the end, he sat down on the chair, well, more like plopped down. Then he ended up getting up, and leaning against the wall in front of the front door. He looked down at Astoria as she walked through the front door, and he took a good drink of his beer. "I... Scared you? Now that's a laugh," slurred Jarrett as he pointed at her. "What in the hell... Astoria? You are coming in at so late at night, why not invite that hero in, and have sex on my bed? I'm sure that ran through your little mind. You have a f*cking curfew! You could have...woken up someone in the house!" Jarrett knew that he was not sounding like he was, but an angry drunk instead. He was an angry drunk right now, and he knew that he was going to have one hell of a hangover. But right now, all he wanted to do was yell at Astoria, and make her feel as bad as he did, make her regret dating that hero.

Astoria blinked. Was Jarrett drunk or something? He sounded like he was and that worried her just a little bit. She was about to offer him a hand when he started to yell at her over the silliest thing. The first thing that spilled from his mouth nearly made her turn red. He must have thought she was a worthless slut too. "Jarrett, if you really must know, we're decided not to do that sort of thing until we're married so no...it didn't cross my mind." Astoria rolled her amber orbs. Oh yeah, he was drunk. Piss ass drunk was what he was. Normally it was her job to get drunk but it seemed as if Jarrett and her switched roles. Astoria felt the need to address something else he said to her. He was certainly in a mood tonight. "Second of all, I'm almost twenty-five, not twelve. Nor are you my father so I really don't think you have the right to claim there is suddenly a curfew. There wasn't one before. So why add one now." Astoria wondered what had him so pissed off. "Also, it's 11:30. Valera is at school and the only home is you...and you're awake. So I would have woken up no one. What's your deal tonight?" Astoria hissed as she bent down to try and help him up. Clearly he was upset about something and he was taking it out on her. But whatever, Astoria was in a good mood tonight. She had a wonderful time with Tristane. Since Jarrett helped her out when she was homeless, Astoria figured the least she could so was help him out tonight. "Come on. You need to lie down or something." Astoria offered her hand for him to take. Some water and some rest and he would eventually sober up. With a nasty hangover of course but Astoria knew how to treat those as well. After all she was used to getting drunk like the state he was in now.

Jarrett took another long drink of his beverage, before he looked through his sunglasses at Astoria. Oh she was hot. Did he just think that? Jarrett looked at his drink before he put it down. That was enough for him if he was going to go around thinking that about someone that hated him. That would land him in more trouble than it was worth. He snorted at what she said, thinking that she was lying, "Oh please. Married? Ha! Like he is going to wait for that." Jarrett didn't know that Tristane actually would wait until he was married, and that was what he was waiting on currently. Of course Astoria would bring up her age with this. If she was twelve, then him thinking that she was hot would land him in jail. He didn't want to go there. "You live under my house, thus you have to obey my rules. And there is nothing you can do about that. And I can add one whenever I f*cking feel like it." Jarrett was normally unreasonable when he was this drunk. It was just astonishing on how he was behaving right now. He kept a grip of the chair in order to keep from falling, and he struggled to keep his consciousness. No wonder she drank like this, it was covering up all of the anger and feelings he had before. She tried to help him up, but he refused. "No! I don't want help from you! My...my deal is that you were out with Tristane! For a long time! So I don't want no help from you!" Jarrett moved so that he could get up, and as his legs shook to hold his weight, he knew that he was in trouble. "See? I am goodie-er, good to go. I don't need to lie down. I need another...beer." Jarrett pointed toward the fridge. He took one step, and his legs said, "Screw you, Jarrett!" before they collapsed. Jarrett landed on the floor, face first. His sunglasses were cracked, and only thing that was coming out of him was heavy breaths. He was out cold.

Astoria panicked slightly when she sae Jarrett collapse onto the floor. "Sh*t!" She muttered and ran over to him to see if he was okay or not. Astoria crouched down so that she was on her knees and could roll him over. Oh yeah, he was out cold. He had subdued himself to passing out by all the alcohol he had taken in. Astoria noticed that even his sunglasses were ruined from the fall. Astoria took them off of his face and folded them. He looked good without his sunglasses on. Well he looked good with them on too but she couldn't help but wonder why he chose to keep them on. Astoria used all the strength she had to drag his body into his room since she wasn't strong enough to pick him up like she would have liked to. It took some effort but Astoria managed to pull back his covers, pull him into his bed, and then cover him up again. She set his sunglasses on his bedside table then retreated out of his room to grab a glass of cool water, some aspirin, and a bucket in case he were to wake up and get sick. Astoria set all of the things in his room knowing fully well that he was going to wake up with a pretty bad hangover. Astoria sighed and left Jarrett's bedroom closing the door behind her with a soft click. Astoria changed into some comfortable clothing that she could sleep in. Then she carried out a pillow, her favorite blanket, and a good book before dropping them onto the couch. Tonight, just to make sure she could hear Jarrett if he needed help she was going to sleep out here. Just before Astoria settled down she grabbed the phone and dialed Tristane's number. "Hey hun. Are you willing to come over tomorrow morning for breakfast?"
Astoria softly pressed her lips to Tristane's. She was so happy he had come here this early. Honestly last night Jarrett kind of scared her. His behavior was both unusual and different. Tristane being here made her feel less worried about Jarrett if something were to happen to him. After a moment Astoria heard some popping behind her and broke her lips apart from Tristane's. She saw that the eggs were almost done and began to tend to them. "Will you go wake up Jarrett and see if he wants anything to eat?" asked with a soft smile. Jarrett might not be feeling well but she figured she would at least see if he were hungry. Astoria took the eggs out of the frying pan as she watched Tristane retreat from the kitchen.

Jarrett had one killer of a hangover, and that was what woke him up. He actually did not have his sunglasses on, and he noticed that as soon as he opened his eyes to reveal that he was in his room, knocked out cold on his bed. He was completely clothed, and he could barely remember what happened last night. He reached over for his wand and he repaired his glasses, before he turned over in his bed and went back to sleep, not caring about how he got in there in the first place, and not knowing that his worse enemy, to him anyway, was coming over. In fact, he did not even hear anything outside of his bedroom which was private for the most part. He wanted to keep to himself. Jarrett did not want anyone coming in or going out. He did not even know what all he said to Astoria last night, just that she came in late. And then it was all a big blur. Jarrett then heard footsteps enter his room after opening his door, and he could smell something good. It woke him up. However when he looked up, after opening his odd colored eyes, he did not expect to see Tristane's face. Jarrett's expression twisted into something that would murder someone, and he quickly grabbed his sunglasses, and covered his eyes. Jarrett shouted, "GET THE F**K OUT OF MY ROOM!" His voice boomed throughout the house, surely even the neighbors heard it. Jarrett watched as Tristane ran, and Jarrett got out of his bed, and slammed his bedroom door shut, before he changed into another pair of jeans and a shirt. He left his bedroom, stomping as he did so. He went into the kitchen and he looked at Astoria, before he glared at Tristane. "What the hell? I told you I don't want him in my house! I don't want him even in my presence!" Jarrett was pointing a finger at Tristane while shouting at Astoria. He knew that he was not being reasonable, but this was his house!

Tristane did not know what to think being inside of the house that his girlfriend lived, but the owner hated his guts for some odd reason. Tristane did not know, and he wanted to understand but for some reason nothing he did could ever get the guy to like him. Tristane was in the kitchen right now, and he was helping Astoria out with cooking breakfast. That would always perk up someone! Tristane gave a kiss to Astoria, loving the fact that she was his girlfriend. She asked him to go wake up Jarrett but his smile faltered some, before he nodded and he smiled as he walked from the kitchen. Hopefully he would not have anything bad happen to him anyway. As soon as he entered, he was about to say something to Jarrett, but the beater woke up, and then shouted at him. However Tristane got a good peak into his eyes, and saw that they were purple. No wonder he hid behind sunglasses. His own amber eyes were a little freaky, but he loved his eyes. He quickly left the room before he went to Astoria. He whispered, "He shouted at me!" What in the world did he ever do to the guy. He flinched when the door slammed, and he looked at Astoria before he shrugged, "I don't know what I did to him to make him hate me so much, but he does." Tristane was innocent. He had done nothing wrong. He just wanted to be the best he could, and also listen to Astoria. And then Jarrett emerged, before he started shouting, and then told Astoria that Jarrett did not want Tristane in his house. Tristane looked at him, somewhat oddly. He knew that Jarrett hated him but this much? It was insane. "Please, stop shouting, Jarrett. That never solves anything, especially that hangover of yours. We made you breakfast. So have a seat in the living room and we will bring it to you." Apparently his words just made it worse. Tristane could see that Jarrett about about to start swinging.

Astoria paused the moment she heard Jarrett yelling. She shouldn’t have sent Tristane to go get him. It would have just been better if she had done it herself. "I’m sorry.” Astoria leaned up and kissed him softly. Poor guy just wanted to be friends with Jarrett. She broke apart from him just in time because Jarrett came into the room, as pissed as ever. Astoria was tempted to tell him that he needed to shut up. But he had a point. This was his house. "Fine. We can go then.” Astoria muttered with a roll of her eyes before she took Tristane’s hand into her own and led him out of the kitchen. She hoped he wasn’t upset about all of this. They could just hang out at his place or something.
Astoria shuddered when a chilly autumn breeze brushed by her. It had been years since Astoria had gone camping, so she was more exciting than she probably seemed right now. Why they decided to go camping in November, Astoria would never know. But she jumped at the chance to go, especially with Tristane. Jarrett and Lucius came too, originally it was just supposed to be her, Jarrett, and his sisters. But the two girls backed out and left Astoria with no choice but to bring Tristane. Even if she and Jarrett were getting along better than they ever have, she didn’t think she wanted to be alone with him. Especially if he got mad at her. Astoria pulled a white cardigan on over her red t-shirt and sat down on one of chairs that were situated around the roaring bonfire. Before she had gotten cold she was in the midst of roasting marshmallows to eat. She was starving. "Does anyone else want a marshmallow?” Astoria asked as she poked another one onto a stick and lowered it into the fire. In all honesty she couldn’t wait until later. When it was all dark and she could cuddle with Tristane in the tent. He had a way of making her feel better, and them trying to escape the cold together would make it even sweeter. Astoria pulled the burnt marshmallow out of the fire and toward her. Just as she went to pull it off the gooey treat fell from the stick and onto her lap. "Ouch! Sh*t.” Astoria cursed when she felt it starting to burn. Hurriedly she pulled it off and tossed it onto the ground, next to the crackling fire. Astoria’s gold eyes peered toward the tents. Partially she wondered if Jarrett and Lucius would behave themselves. They had a knack for trying to be mean to Tristane, and sometimes even to her. This camping trip was meant to be relaxing. One last fun thing before winter came. She just hoped they wouldn’t ruin it for her. Tristane probably felt uncomfortable around the two of them. They had been together a long time and not once had those two ever been kind to him really. Astoria hoped Tristane would come and sit with her soon. She was still a bit chilly and would love to cuddle with him by the fire.

<i></i>

Tristane was thrilled that he was able to come out to a camping trip with Astoria. He had big plans tonight, that involve a ring. His brothers thought that it was too soon, but he loved Astoria, and he wanted to marry her. He would be the first of his brothers to get married, amazingly. Tristane was a little worried about camping with Jarrett and his friend, Lucius, but Tristane was going to overlook it. Right now, he was sitting next to Astoria, his hands buried in his pockets of his jacket. Astoria asked the group if they wanted a marshmallow, and he shook his head. He had given up getting a marshmallow since that boy, Lucius, was always knocking his off by 'accident'. So Tristane went without. He wrapped his arm around Astoria, and he looked at the fire as it blazed. It seemed to mimic what was going on in his eyes, and he didn't mind that a bit. Tristane smiled a bit when he looked behind him and saw a trail. That would be nice. Something perfect that would entitle them to go out for a small walk, where he would pop the question under moonlight. A part of him felt bad, but he didn't know why. Tristane nudged Astoria with his arm, and he smiled charmingly at her, his eyes glowing with warmth, "Wanna go for a walk? I think Jarrett and Lucius are going to be a handful and I want to spend some time with you alone without them laughing about something weird." Tristane didn't want to have to deal with them all night. Sure, he was nice and all, but he wanted to be able to have a relaxing time, one that he knew that he would not have if he would have to be around Lucius and Jarrett all of the time. The two together were almost scary. Tristane didn't trust either of them around the fire at all. He was almost certain that they would throw a flaming hot ember at him or something dangerous. Tristane waited silently for her answer for the walk.

How could his sisters change their minds on coming with him and Astoria? So that he could at least be with someone, he invited his good friend, best friend, Lucius Verdelet. He really didn't have anyone else, and Astoria had to bring along her fairy princess of a boyfriend, Tristane. He always made Jarrett look like this pompous ass. Jarrett hated that the most. He would have invited Rurik to come along too, but he didn't know how he would get along with Lucius. Jarrett and Lucius were really close, and Jarrett told Lucius everything there was to know. He was one of the few outside of the family that knew of Camden. Jarrett was inside the tent, sitting at the door. The tent was enchanted to be similar to a house anyway. Lucius was sitting with him, and Jarrett had his jean jacket wrapped around his arms. He looked at the campfire, looking at the couple with hatred in his eyes that were hidden by sunglasses. He still wore them even it was dark outside. He didn't care. Jarrett hated his eyes, and he would hide them from the world as if they were the most hideous thing in the universe. Although what he was seeing now was just horrible. He looked over at Lucius and he sighed, "Can't you break it up or something? Seeing this love makes me want to go to the lake and hurl." Jarrett stood up and got out of the way so that Lucius could do some of his works. Lucius was good at what he did. He was the one that caused a lot of the burns on his legs dur to his legs catching on fire thanks to Lucius. Jarrett immediately took the lighter from Lucius' hand and he narrowed his eyes at him, before shaking his head. Sometimes his friend didn't know what to do.

Lucius was more than happy to come along on the camping trip when Jarrett asked him to. Why? He got to meet Astoria! And her boyfriend, Tristane that Jarrett for some reason. He never knew why, but he assumed it was because of jealousy. He was just curious about this all, and he was not going to change that, ever. Lucius was in the tent with Jarrett. He was playing with firecrackers and he was wanting to do nothing more but to terrorize Tristane and Astoria. He saw that they were cuddling by the fire, and Jarrett wanted him to break it up. Oh it would be his pleasure! Lucius approached the exit of the tent, with a lighter in his hand and a hand full of firecrackers. They were the muggle kind so they just made a really loud bang sound. However when he said to Jarrett, "This will do the trick." He burst into snickers. However Jarrett took the lighter from him before he could light one. "Oh you are no fun." Lucius then remembered, he was a wizard. He didn't need a lighter. He looked over at Jarrett before a smirk crossed his lips. He flourished his wand, and he lit three at once, waited a moment and he tossed them into the air so that they would explode over the heads of the couple. Lucius smirked and he laughed when the three exploded, the loud popping sounds echoing throughout the woods. He loved it, cause he knew that the boy would flinch. He didn't get any marshmallows, and Lucius snickered again. Who knew why he didn't have any marshmallows, probably because of what he kept doing to him.

Astoria felt really bad. All she wanted to do was spend time with him and have a good time with her, well she considered them to be friends. They probably didn't feel the same way though. But she brought Tristane out here to relax and have some fun, not get him bullied. "A walk? Sure!" Astoria smiled. The more time she got to spend with Tristane the better, especially when he was getting picked on like he was. Astoria stood up and brushed off her pants to make sure all the dirt and leaves were off. Astoria held her hand out to Tristane, hoping he would take it. But just as she was getting ready to tell him she knew the perfect trail, she heard a loud explosion type noise from above. Out of instinct Astoria flinched and pulled away from Tristane. When the noise faded, Astoria opened her eyes to see that it was only a set of firecrackers. Her lips curved into an obvious frown. It wasn't going to be hard to figure out who had done this. Astoria turned her eyes onto Lucius and Jarrett. These two were awful. "Seriously guys! Give it a rest!" They needed to stop bothering the two of them. Astoria made sure Tristane wasn't her before she beckoned him to stand up with her. Once she had her hand locked into his she she started to walk with Tristane at her side toward a trail she saw. "We're going to go for a walk. Alone. Since you two can't seem to contain yourselves today." Astoria told the both of them, she barely sounded angry either. More or less just upset, like she was going to cry or something. She was just so frustrated with the way they were treating Tristane, and it seemed like it might have been all her fault. A little bit away from the tent Astoria glanced at Tristane, her hand was still enveloped in his. "I'm really sorry. I've asked them to stop. I guess they just don't want to listen." Astoria explained. Feeling even worse with every word that came out of her mouth. It was no excuse. It was never an excuse. She should be able to do more. Astoria began to wonder if she should beat one of them up? If she could that is.

Tristane could not be happier when Astoria said that she would go for a walk with him. He really wanted to get her away from these people. Tristane beamed and he stood up with Astoria because he wanted to hurry and propose so that they could one day get married. He believed that he had found his one true love. He was just so lucky. "Fantastic!" Tristane could not be happier with this. He looked at her amber eyes with his own, and he gave her a kiss on her nose. He dusted the dirt off of his jeans since he didn't want to propose and be dirty at the same time. He hated dirt. Tristane wanted this night to go perfectly, but Tristane flinched when he heard a firecracker explode over the top of their heads. He looked over at the culprit that seemed to be laughing. Tristane let out a sigh since he didn't want to start anything. He just smiled and said, "Good one. That one scared me." He was being honest cause it did. He took her hand into his as they walked toward a trail. He wanted to get away from those two as fast as possible. Those two were going to ruin his plans if it was the last thing that they would do in their lives. Astoria talked to the two of them, telling them that they were going on a walk. She sounded so frustrated, Tristane felt bad. As soon as they were through the trail, they arrived to a little opening under the moonlit sky. She heard her apology, and he gave her a smile. She was sorry for something she didn't have any control of. He shook his head and he just smiled, "Shh, it is okay. Because there is a reason why I brought you here." Tristane quickly got the box out of his pocket, and he got down on one knee. He opened the box, presenting the ring before her. "I love you, Astoria Snow. With every fiber of my being. Will you marry me?" Sure, it might be a little soon, but Tristane wanted her. He loved her, and he was really wanting to marry her. When one knew, they just knew.

Astoria wanted to go home already. Only because Jarrett and Lucius were ruining it for her. Normally, she found the two of them, to be kind of funny if no amusing when it was just them. But they were being so mean to Tristane, who had been doing nothing to them! In fact, he was even kind about the firecracker thing, when he didn't have to be. "But it's not okay, they have no right to-" Astoria paused and softly rolled her eyes when Tristane told her that it was okay, and that he brought her on this walk for a reason. She wasn't going to get to speak her mind on this was she? Astoria was about to ask what he brought her out here for, but instead her eyes widened when she saw Tristane get down on one knee. Now Astoria had been proposed to many times. So she wasn't even the slightest bit confused or curious as to what he was doing. But that didn't mean she wasn't happy. Astoria bit her lip to keep from screeching. Perhaps now was her chance! Her chance to have the family she had been wanting for awhile. Tristane looked like he'd be a good family guy. He'd take care of her. Astoria would be happy. Then right then and there, he popped the question. And Astoria couldn't take it any longer. She let out one of the girliest shrieks she could manage, not realizing that to anyone near that it might sound like she was being attacked or something. "Eeee! Oh my gosh! Yeess!" What about Jarrett? Astoria heard subconsciousness saying just as she had accepted the ring. She ignored it. Why would his face pop up at this time? Astoria enveloped Tristane in a loving hug, only breaking apart when she she heard Lucius and Jarrett' voices. "Guess what guys?! We're getting married! I guess this means I can move out and stop mooching off of you now huh?" Astoria asked directing her attention to the two boys, mirroring a kid on Christmas morning with her excitement. You're marrying the wrong guy. Astoria's smiled faded for a small fraction. She assumed that he would be happy about her getting out of his house, but right now, she was happy. Or at least, she thought she was.

Even Tristane acting like the firecrackers didn't bother him made Jarrett roll his eyes from under his sunglasses. He couldn't believe this. He was just too perfect. He hated the man. He watched as they left for the trail, and he muttered, "Good riddance." However it was Lucius' idea for them to follow them. Jarrett figured that he would need to anyway. Jarrett followed the two down the trail, and he had a feeling that he shouldn't be doing this, that he should not be listening in on Astoria and her life, again. However this was Tristane speaking to her, not Astoria. He crouched down behind the bushes as he saw the little clearing that Tristane had Astoria led into. He was probably going to impress her with some sort of magic trick or whatever. That jerk. However his eyes saw Tristane get down on one knee, and he could feel his arm being grabbed by Lucius. He didn't know why his friend was doing that, but Jarrett hardened his jaw, and bit down hard on his lip. It was just so hard to keep quiet right now. Tristane popped the question, and his mind was screaming in his head, 'Stop her! Tell her that he isn't right for her! Say no, Astoria! Say no!' But her shrieks of happiest made his blood boil, and he was speechless. She was saying yes. Jarrett looked down at the ground, and he could not believe it. Astoria was in love, and getting married to the most perfect guy. This was the real deal. Why did he even care? It wasn't like he was going to ever get her anyway. She hated him or something. He stood up and he heard Lucius speak softly, but it was heard by Astoria. She said that they were getting married, and that she was going to move out. He glared at her, not that she could see the look he was giving her in his eyes. Jarrett looked at the two of them and he lost it. "Well, yippee for you, miss Astoria Snow. How about you go f**k yourself and talk to someone who gives a damn about your perfect relationship!" He shot a look over at Tristane whom was about to say something, and he yelled, "And how about you just die already, princess!" And with that, Jarrett stomped away and down the trail, leaving behind the married couple and going to go find that little lake to go throw rocks in. He managed to find it, sit down on the rocks and started to skip some. He sighed. Everything was still going so wrong in his life. And there was nothing he could do about it.

Lucius really wished he could have invited Zinnia up here so that he could have spent some time with her. However he was here for Jarrett. Lucius watched as they left and he smirked some and he murmured, "Let's follow them! Come on!" Lucius led the way up the trail because that was where the couple were heading. However as soon as they stopped, he ducked with Jarrett behind some bushes, and he watched them, as he planned his next attack. He was about to throw some more firecrackers before he saw Tristane get down on one knee. He raised his eyebrows and he clinched Jarrett's arm. He could not believe this. Astoria was going to get proposed to! Astoria said yes, and he looked over at his best friend in a worried manner. Jarrett liked, loved Astoria or something, and now she was being proposed to by this guy, this really nice guy. He seemed genuine too. Lucius rose up and stepped out of the bushes, and he smiled a bit for Astoria, but it was one of those awkward smiles while he looked down. Astoria seemed so happy, but then Jarrett exploded all over Astoria and Tristane, especially the part that had the words with curses, Lucius gasped. He watched as Jarrett stomped off, before he went to Astoria whom seemed like she was going to go after him. He knew that if either of them went before him, they were going to be in big trouble. He placed both of his hands on Astoria's shoulders, to hold her back, "Whoa, let me talk to him. He is pissed off at the both of you. You'll just make it worse. He is just upset and jealous because Tristane managed to take the woman he loves right out from under him." He looked over at Tristane before he managed to conjure up a couple of snakes, and he placed them on Tristane's shoulders. "Oh, and congrats on your engagement!" Lucius then took off after Jarrett, assuming that Astoria would follow, but she would tend to Tristane first, right? Lucius rushed down the trails, and he eventually found the lake and Jarrett. He took a seat next to him, and he looked at Jarrett as he seemed to be steaming right now. "Hey man, wanna talk about it?"

Jarrett was sitting by the small lake, and he was tossing some rocks in the water, feeling like he was about to explode. He just didn't want to be here anymore, and he wanted to go home. He looked over through his sunglasses at Lucius that asked if he wanted to talk about it. Jarrett sighed and shook his head. He didn't want to talk about it, but he just didn't think he could hold it in much longer. He took off his sunglasses and held them in his hand. It wasn't like it was bright enough to see his eyes anyway. He stood up and he started ranting, "As soon as we moved in together, one would think that it meant something. But no. Lucius, I don't know how much more of this sh*t I can take! I help out, I got yelled at! I open up my house, more yelling. I don't know who she is anymore, either this woman that loves to yell at me, or this lovesick girl that the fairy boy sees, and how she acts around him!" Jarrett took a breath and he continued, his voice nearly echoing around them, "One week after she moved in, and guess what Lucius? Somehow I end up liking her. I wanted to shoot myself for liking her. We started to get along more, and what happens? F**king Tristane comes in and swoops her out from under me! You try going through that, plus sacrificing a childhood, making your own brother run away, and seeing your parents die and how angry it makes you. I just can't stand it!" Jarrett grabbed a large stone and he hurled it, as he used his hand to wipe at his eyes, "I just can't stand it. Everything goes wrong in my life. Bloody everything. Tristane already makes me feel like crap but the one person that actually soothes my anger, he steals!" Jarrett watched as the stone he hurled landed in the water, causing ripples all around the lake. He looked at him before he went back over to Lucius' side, and sat down. He sighed and he muttered, "I just don't know anymore, Lucius. I've been drinking to numb everything. It hurts Valera to see me wasted, but... Now that there is the engagement..." He could see that Lucius was at a loss, so there was no one that he knew that could tell him or point him in the right direction.

Astoria was stumped. She thought Jarrett would have been happy to finally get his place back. Where he didn't have to share the bathroom, or accidentally get woken up by her, or eat her crappy cooking. But he was angry. Astoria had never seen him that angry before! "Jarrett!" Astoria yelled after him. In fact she was about to chase after him. But Lucius stopped her in her tracks. Yes she realized that Jarrett was upset with her, but she was still going to make him talk to her. But what Lucius said to her before he ran off made her pause. "Are you f*cking kidding me?!" She didn't mean to swear, but was he for real? Jarrett couldn't really love her? He never showed it! Or did he? Astoria took a moment to help Tristane remove the snakes, then explained to him that she was going to go talk to Jarrett and that he should wait for her back at camp. Astoria wandered over to the area where Jarrett and Lucius were. She froze in when she heard Jarrett begin to go off on some kind of confession. She knew it was wrong, but she deiced to listen in. Her heart instantly broke. She felt bad for many things actually. How Jarrett liked her, but she was with Tristane, and how his life was so unstable. It made Astoria wish that Jarrett would actually talk to her once and awhile, then she could help. Then she would have known. Astoria finally decided to make herself known. Without a word she stepped into the clearing and let her eyes fall to Lucius for a brief moment. "Hey Lucius, can I talk to Jarrett for a minute?" Thankfully Lucius complied with her and left. Now it was just Astoria and Jarrett. For a moment she said nothing, she wasn't sure what she could say to him. She decided to go with mere instinct on this one. "Jarrett..." She didn't even hesitate to step forward and pull him into a tight hug. He was a bit taller than her so she was only able to rest her head on his shoulder. He needed a hug. He needed to see that someone was here for him, and wanted him to feel better. "I'm sorry. I wish....I wish you had said something earlier. I could have-I'm sorry." Astoria muttered into his shoulder. It would have been romantic if it wasn't for the fact that this wasn't her fiance and that they weren't in the middle of the woods, freezing. Though Jarrett was assisting in keeping her warm a little bit. "I'm sorry if I yelled a lot. I can be a real b*tch. I know. I'm working on it.....sort of. Just, if you need to talk..just say it. I'll listen." Astoria rubbed the top of his back, just a little bit below his neck. Trying to soothe him, she wondered if he hated the hug, but she hoped it might comfort him, that it might calm him, and for his sake, she didn't bring up Tristane at all in hopes that he would put the image of him away for a moment and focus on something else. He needed help. He helped her by giving her a place to stay so she was going to do what she could to help him.

Tristane was so happy that Astoria accepted his proposal, but they were rudely interrupted by Jarrett and Lucius, again. He sighed and rolled his eyes. However he grimaced when Lucius placed snakes on his shoulders, but once they were removed, Astoria chased after Jarrett and Lucius. It just occurred to him what Lucius said. 'He is in love with her.' Of course, it all made sense now. Jarrett was not just a jerk, but a jealous one at that. Or he has feelings for her. But seeing Astoria run off after them, it started to make him doubt. Astoria loved him, not Jarrett, right? She wanted to marry him, not Jarrett. Sighing, he walked off after them, missing the entire rant Jarrett made, but seeing Lucius coming toward him, before hiding in the bushes. Tristane noticed that Jarrett and Astoria were hugging, and this caused him to get a little uncomfortable. But he trusted Astoria. She would never do anything to hurt him. He smiled to himself, and stuffed his hands into his pockets. He murmured loud enough for Lucius to hear, "Come on, prankster, let's go back to camp. Maybe Astoria can calm her best friend down, so come on." Tristane shrugged, smiled, and he turned his back on the three. He walked back to camp, and he decided to wait there. He went inside of his tent, and decided to make a list of things that they would need for their wedding. Oh his wedding, he could not wait to make Astoria Snow change to Astoria Matthias. That sounded right, didn't it?

Lucius listened to the rant of Jarrett Vyhnal, and he nodded, but did not say a word. He did not move from his spot until Astoria came along and asked if she could have a minute with Jarrett. Lucius looked at Jarrett before looking back at Astoria and nodded. He got up from the shore, and he walked away to give them some privacy, but he ducked behind some bushes so that he could listen in and watch. He hoped that she would not make a mess of things, but then she saw that she was hugging him, actually hugging. And Jarrett let her. Lucius was so surprised, he jumped a bit when Tristane spoke. Telling him that he ought to leave them alone. He waved his arm and he hissed, "You may be an angel, but I am sure as hell not." He was going to watch what happened, and he looked back to see that Tristane was walking away. Lucius turned his head back to watch what happened before his eyes, and he hoped that it would be good.

Not surprising, Lucius did not have anything to say, but listening to him vent was good enough. That was good friend material. Jarrett wiped his eyes once more, and he sighed. There was only so much a guy could take before he lost it and went to a loony asylum. He heard Astoria's voice and he looked to the ground, and he put his sunglasses back on out of instinct. He did not know if Lucius was going to let her, but soon enough Lucius left them alone. He looked over at Astoria but did not have much time to say anything because he was confronted with a hug. Even while she apologized, and how she wished he had said something sooner, then something else could have been done. Hell, he wished the same thing. He looked down at her hair before he debated either telling her to get lost, or something else. He didn't know what Lucius had said earlier. All he knew was that she was getting married, and there was nothing he could do about it, no matter what. He wrapped his arms around her and held her tight to him. He closed his eyes and he sighed. He couldn't talk, but obviously she had listened in. He didn't mind that much since he sort of did the same thing to her at a party, only he was drunk. He muttered, "You don't know how it feels when I have to be in your presence just knowing you are getting married." Jarrett sighed and he looked down even further, yet not letting her go either. He didn't think he was able to actually. "Astoria, just don't apologize. You don't even know what you are apologizing for." He placed both hands on her shoulders, in attempt to push her away, but it didn't seem to be working out. Instead it felt like he had no control, and before he knew it, he was connecting his lips to hers. It was pure instinct, and his brain seemingly shut off because he was kissing to someone who was engaged, that night.

Astoria was surprised that Jarrett willingly hugged her back. She knew Jarrett gad a sweeter side to him, but it wasn't often that he showed it to her. But his words to her only succeeded in making Astoria feel worse. It hurt him to be around here right now. Astoria sighed and decided to tell Jarrett something she never thought she would have the chance to. Especially not now. "If you had said something, before it got like this, I would have chosen you over him. Just so you know." If Astoria knew that he liked her, and that he was willing to commit instead of letting it fall apart like last time, she would have gone to Jarrett in a heartbeat. Not that Tristane was a bad guy, he was perfect. He was a good man. But there was just something about the times she had with Jarrett. Astoria went to apologize again, but she was told not to by Jarrett. He didn't want her to apologize. Apparently he didn't seem to think she knew what she was apologizing for. "I could thing of a hundred things I need to apologize to you for." Like the time she stuck things in his poodle-like hair, or the time she drank his juice when he wasn't looking and blamed it on his sister. But mostly, because she was hurting his heart, and she knew that heartbreak was one of the last things anyone wanted to suffer through. Astoria felt Jarrett's hand on her shoulders and she knew he was probably done with the hugging and wanted to get away. Astoria wasn't sure if she was willing to let him go just yet though. Astoria looked up at Jarrett, about to tell him that she wasn't going to let him go until she knew he was feeling better, but he did something to make her forget everything she was about to do or say. Astoria felt Jarrett's lips press against hers, and before she knew it, a group of butterflies erupted in flight within her stomach. Well that was unexpected. Even when they were dating those years ago, they had never kissed. Since Astoria had feelings for Jarrett, it didn't take her long to feel the desire to kiss him back. Even if she knew it was wrong. As wrong as it was, she knew he was going to make it feel so right. Astoria's smooth hands trailed up to rest on Jarrett's face so she could pull him closer and deepen the kiss he had initiated. For someone who often appeared to be so aggressive and harsh, he had very soft and kissable lips. He must use chap stick or something. Astoria continued to kiss Jarrett, forgetting everything. Even Tristane. Astoria broke the kiss apart for a minute to catch her breath. After a moment, she briefly kissed Jarrett's jawline and then pulled him back in for another soft kiss once she was sure they had both gotten enough air. Astoria's hands left Jarrett's face and hooked themselves behind his neck, where her hands could feel the farm flesh on the back of his neck. Astoria had never gone further than kissing with a guy, so she wasn't sure what was going to become of her and Jarrett if they were stopped soon. Especially since Astoria was much too into the kiss to cease it now. It didn't take long for that soft kiss to develop either. Now it was just heated, and full of emotion and signs. Signs that Astoria and Jarrett had some chemistry. How else could once explain a kiss like this? Especially when not too long before all they did was fight with one another. Too bad a kiss was as far as Astoria was going to let it get.

Jarrett still could not believe his ears when Astoria told him that if she had known something before, she would have chosen him. Well, to be fair, she was not married, she could call it off with a snap of her fingers, but why didn't she? Well, there was the fact that Astoria was kissing him now, with a hundred things she could apologize for, but what she was doing now, it was numbing the pain that he was going through, yet again. Right now, the kiss was heated, and she was into it just like he was. This was their first kiss, even while they were dating, he never bothered to do anything like this. Granted, he was an awful boyfriend too, because he really did not know how to be one. That was his issue. He was never used to anyone other than his sisters giving him love and affection, which was rare enough as is because none of his family members were affectionate except for Camden. Astoria only pulled him closer to deepen the kiss, and he was forgetting everything in the world, all the pain and anger was disappearing. Could the world just be like this, this reality that they were making? He knew that he was a good kisser too, from the other girls that he had kissed. They broke apart even for a moment, finding himself rather breathless. She kissed his jawline, and then once more, they were pinned together. His hands rested securely on her back, slowly creeping under her shirt so his hands could grip the small part of her back, her actual flesh. Jarrett lowered her to the ground where he continued to kiss her with all of his might, his mind briefly wondered if she could give herself to him, then he would be in the clear. However just before he could get any article of clothing off of Astoria, he heard a voice. He broke the heated kiss, and looked up to see Lucius. Was he watching the whole time? He ruined it! Jarrett thought that he was going to break up this engagement by what he was doing, and if it had gone further, which it had looked like it, then Astoria would have dumped that fairy boy. Sighing, he got off of the ground, and he gave one lingering look to Astoria, before he sighed and walked away. Even he knew, that moment of intensity between them was not going to change anything. And he stalked off to his tent.

Lucius could not believe what he was seeing. Jarrett and Astoria were kissing, while she was engaged to Tristane! Lucius was very glad that Tristane did not stick around. Lucius looked back and noticed that there was no one there. No one at all. Lucius went back to watching, and the more he was watching his best friend get some love, the more Lucius wanted some too. He needed Zinnia here, where he would flirt, maybe even get a kiss from her. He liked her, a lot. They hung out every now and then, and he wanted to get her to be his girlfriend. He thought that the two would make a good couple. Lucius saw Jarrett lower Astoria to the ground, and immediately, Lucius had to interrupt. He stood up straight and he said, "Hey, guys, cool it down and save it for marriage. Or find a more comfortable place." Lucius watched as Jarrett got up and walked away in a grumpy mood. Well, it had to be stopped before Astoria turned out to be a cheater. Well, worse. He walked with her up to the campsite where he was nudging her, saying, "Come on, dump Tristane now. It isn't too late!" there was a pause, "You and Jarrett need to get married and have a baby named after me! You know you can't resist the poodle hair!" However that was ended by Astoria going into the tent where Tristane waited. Lucius shrugged, and he went back to his tent with Jarrett.

Fin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back