Mummy's at work again!

Emily Hayes-Magonus

Wand
Straight 17 1/2 Inch Swishy Laurel Wand with Dragon Heartstring Core
Emily was in one of her moods again. Mummy had gone off to work again and she was stuck with just her Daddy and Auntie Steph and of course her brother, but she wasn't sick of him. She was sick of Daddy and Auntie Steph always telling her what to do. Austiin was supposed to be baby sitting them, but he had to look after Wynter and Oliver so Emily and Nate had to stay with Auntie Steph because Daddy was at work. She sighed and trudged up the stairs to her room. She wanted to call Mummy, but Auntie Steph had said no. She was only allowed to contact Mummy, when she was contacted first. It was hard being six, she had to admit, even though she loved being six, it was terribly hard. No one believed that she could do anything for herself. She and Nate had a hard enough time trying to convince Daddy to let them play on low flying brooms. That was still a work in progress. She kicked her door open, threw her bag into the corner and crawled into the middle of her bad. She was never going to agree to be a good girl at this point. Not when Auntie Steph was being difficult. Who was she to judge anyway? She always moped around when she thought that they weren't watching and she was never seen anywhere near Uncle Speed. Emily and Nate had a theory that Auntie Steph hated Uncle Speed, but of course they had no proof, nor would they ever have proof. They didn't really understand the situation, but all they knew was that they were not allowed to speak about it to Auntie Steph, Uncle Speed, or anyone else. Emily slipped off of her bed and walked out of her room and along the hallway to her twin's room. They were right next to each other. When they were little they used to share a room, but Mummy and Daddy said that they were too old now. Emily didn't understand why? They were twins afterall. Nate looked like a boy version of herself.

Emily walked into her twins room, not bothering to knock as the door was already open. She flopped on his bed next to him and sighed. "Auntie Steph said no." She told him, pouting rather ridiculously. She was being selfish and she knew it, but she hadn't seen Mummy for weeks and she missed her. It was true that she had rang them a couple of days ago, but she was so busy that the call had barely lasted two minutes. She looked at her twin and shook her head. They were going to have to figure out some way to entertain themselves. Nate was always good with coming up with ideas. He was the older twin afterall. "Any ideas?"

Nathanial sighed and rested his chin on his arms. "I don't know Barney. I don't think dad would be happy if I took the last biscuit from his jar. He was very cross last time." Barnaby, the flobberworm, continued to wiggle - in silence. Nathianial's young face showed determination and he saluted the simple creature. "You're right, Barney! If I want the biscuit, I should just take the biscuit and blame it on Auntie Steph!" With that declared, the blonde rushed out of his bedroom with Barnaby, the flobberworm, under his arm. Silently, Nathanial skulked through the house. He was not sure where Auntie Steph and Emily were, but he could not be seen by either. If he was, he would get into trouble. He tip-toed into the kitchen and looked down at Barnaby. Giving the creature a thumbs up, Nathanial put Barney on the counter (something that would surely make his mother throw a pot at him) and reached into his father's biscuit jar. Smiling at his prize, Nathanial picked Barnaby back up and ran back to his room, trying his best not to giggle. With a sigh of relief, Nathanial pick Barnaby back in its box and nibbled on the biscuit. He shook his head. "No Barney, you can't have some. Uncle Speed said that you're only supposed to have lettuce and stuff, not biscuits." Barnaby continued to wiggle on the spot. Nathanial really liked Barnaby. He was a good flobberworm. Nathanial shared him with Emily. Together, they made sure Barnaby was happy. They tied a ribbon around one side of his body so they knew which end to try and feed him, and they decorated his outside pen so he could look at pretty pictures, though Nathanial was not sure if he had eyes, or if Barnaby was even a he. Maybe Barnaby was a her? Then again, it didn't really matter.

Nathanial slumped a little in his chair. He wanted Austiin to visit. Austiin was always fun to play with, especially if he brought Tommy. Tommy was frightened by flobberworms. So Nathanial took great enjoyment in placing Barnaby on his lap. Sometimes, Austiin would help him annoy Tommy, they were the best times. However, Austiin wasn't here today because of his own kids or something. It wasn't fair. Nathanial wanted his daddy to be fun like Austiin, not working and being serious all the time. Or he wanted Aunt Steph to be like mummy, not grumpy all the time. Mummy was fun, unless she was cross. Basically, Nathanial would not be happy until he could hang out with Austiin again. Nathanial jumped a little when he heard his sister's door be violently opened. He looked at Barnaby and quickly picked up the box. "Emily can't know I took you!" He whispered frantically, putting Barnaby under his pillow and sitting beside it, just in time to see Emily walk through his door. She didn't seem to notice. Thank Merlin. He frowned at her news. They couldn't call mummy? That was so unfair! Why did other kids get to spend time with her more than him and Emily? She should stay home, like other mums do, not go off with Uncle Speed and work. "Why is Auntie Steph being a meanie?" He asked, sighing as well. "I suppose was could play tag, or Ispy, or something." He had to get her out of his room, otherwise she might find Barnaby.
<i></i>

Users who are viewing this thread

Back