Status
Not open for further replies.

Imogen Day

OOC First Name
Emzies
Wand
Cherry Wand 12 1/2" Essence of Wood Rose

I was wondering,

Is it possible to have a muggle condition in the wizarding world? I know wizards can get colds and other minor things, but I'm talking about rare diseases. It is most likely that wizards can get them, but if the disease is rare then,
Would they need to apply like for becoming a werewolf or veela?

Thanks,

It depends, I suppose.
I'd guess that most things can affect Wizards just like they do Muggles, in the way of diseases, but that the Wizarding Wolrd likely has magical cures for most things (including the cold), so if a Wizard did catch such an ailment they could be remedied quickly enough.

Okay, would that be the same if the person was to have the disease from when they were born, like colourblindness, down's syndrome, Phenylketonuria (PKU), albinism or CIPA?
Would they have cures or better ways of dealing with them?

I am by no means an expert, I can solely offer my own speculation.
Given the example of Ariana, Dumbledore's sister, we can be lead to assume certain traumas and mental ailments/inhibitions cannot be cured, or even handled very well in any way(s) other than institutionalization.
Colourblindness I would assume could be magically aided (and actual blindness could also be assisted, most likely, as with the example of Mad-eye Moody).
Albinism could likely also be assisted, as it is simply a lack of melanin (pigment) in the hair/eyes/skin. So if nothing could jolt the production of melanin in the body, I'm sure regularly consumed potions could magically change one's appearance.

Does that help?

Yeah, it does,

Thanks!
^_^

Topic Closed and Archived

Your question/issue has either been resolved or is unanswerable.
If you have any more questions or concerns feel free to open another topic in the FAQ forum, we're always pleased to answer your questions.

Thank you,

~The HNZ Site Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back