Moving On

Hayden Kerberos

OOC First Name
Galinda
Seven years were done and over with. Hayden Kerberos was a Durmstrang graduate, with honors in the Dark Arts due to his apprenticeship with the Professor and now was ready to start a life of his own outside of school. He had always thought of Durmstrang Institute as his little safe haven away from his family but now he could get a job, he could grow up and live properly, put aside his past with the Gang and focus on things that were worth his time.

The seventeen year old stood in the front foyer, his blue eyes looking over the corridors that lead to other section of the school and smiled. Hayden's smile was almost warm, something most Durmstrang students wouldn't allow themselves to show but there it was all over his handsome features. It is a shame Dietrich and Jaken are not graduating at their first school, he thought as he looked down at his diploma and his trunk.

Yes, Hayden knew this would not be the last time he saw any of his friends but it was still sad. He would miss Headmistress Powell and the rest of the people that he had grown to know. He looked at his cousin, Simone, who was saying good bye to her boyfriend and chuckled as another boy came up with a face as green as grass. Typical, the boy thought before looking down at his watch expectantly, unsure what he was really expecting.

Okay I know it is technically IC May but I figured that the real HNZ graduates were starting their ceremony so Durmstrang's would have been done as well but it is too crazy to do one so I'd just start this thread.

Fighting back the tears, Katerina took a deep breath, and sighed. Now she was a Durmstrang graduate, with honors in Charms and Transfiguration, having thrown herself in to her work in her seventh year more so than ever before. This is it, she thought, sighing. Seven years were over. She could move away from the school, put aside her past with the Gang, make amends, get a job, perhaps the Russian ministry? Taking her hand away from her trunk for a second, she wiped her eyes. Some of the time had been hell, yes, but Durmstrang had been her home. And although she was eighteen, an adult, Katerina wasn't sure she was ready to make her way in the world yet. Was she really ready to get a job, to begin her future? At least she and Yvan had a future, she thought with a smile. She was glad that wasn't ending with school.
Spying Hayden, Katerina took another deep breath, and boldly walked over to him. School had finished. It was time to make amends, and forgive and forget.
"Congratulations," she said, softly, as she held a hand outstretched towards her fellow graduate. "We made it."

Hayden looked up from his watch to see Katerina Ivanova. He took a deep breath, wondering if he should extend the olive branch but when she did exactly as he intended on doing he smiled uncomfortably. "Thanks Katerina," he said politely, wondering if this would shock her because the two hadn't seen each other in a while, in fact after he quit the Gang he hid himself away in his books in order to graduate with the honors he had.

Hayden took her hand, shaking it firmly, yet it wasn't nearly enough to instill any sort of fear in the fellow Durmstrang Alumni. "Congratulations to you as well," he said, fighting the temptation to speak German to the girl as he spoke to most people now. When he let his hand fall back to his side he asked, "May I ask what your plans for the future are?"

Katerina gave a small smile as Hayden took her hand. He had quit the gang, he had focused on his studies, and now that their time at Durmstrang was up, it was time to leave the past behind and think of the future. She would be moving in with Yvan sometime soon, taking a job somewhere or other - maybe New Zealand, she had often thought - and the future had never looked brighter for the Russian girl. "Moving away, I suppose," Katerina said lightly, with a small shrug. "Not quite sure where I'll go yet. Hopefully I'll be able to get a job in the Ministry - and if not in Russia, maybe in France or Germany or even England." She did not mention the possiblity of New Zealand. That was unconfirmed.
"And yours?" she asked, politely. She wondered what Hayden would do with himself - he had excelled in the Dark Arts, for one. For all she knew she could be looking at the newest Death Eater. Of course, he would never say something like that. And Katerina always saw the best in people, she didn't think Hayden would do something like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back