Moving In

Lexi felt Osiris's arm wrap around her. She immediately felt the blood rise up to her cheeks. What was she supposed to do now? Act casual and just watch the movie?
I guess I just roll with it... she thought, taking some more popcorn and popping it into her mouth.

At least she's not pushing it away, thought Osiris as he reached for more popcorn. He had given up on watching the movie and instead was watching Lexi watch it...

Lexi felt eyes on her and her blush intensified. She turned to look at Osiris.
"What?" she smirked.

"Nothing," grinned Osiris, knowing full well that Lexi knew he wasn't looking at anything. He went back to pretending to watch the movie for a bit an took a but more popcorn...

Lexi turned her attention back on the movie. She felt... awkward. This was her best friend. Why did she suddenly like him this way? And, why did he like her that way? Well, that's how it seemed to her...
Lexi shrugged to herself and kept on the movie.

Osiris watched Lexi think the exact same thing as him, she laughed at some joke in the movie. It was a beautiful laugh, one that Osiris would have loved to hear again.
Screw that , he thought, leaning towards her; she looked up at him just before their lips locked, the same look in her eyes that he was giving her...

Lexi was taken off guard when Osiris kissed her. Everything had happened all so fast for her, but she didn't really mind. Once it was over, she turned her attention back on the movie, or at least acted like it, and asked, "Does this mean we're like, going out now, or something?"

"Only if you want us to," Osiris replied, a small grin on his face. At least she hadn't pushed him away he thought, he didn't pretend to keep watching the movie, he kept looking at her, almost like in a trance...

Lexi crossed her arms and let out a sigh. The movie was already on the credits and she took the last bite from what was left of the popcorn. She shrugged her shoulders.
"Sure, I guess." was the best answer she could give.

Osiris thought she might not have responded completely truthfully, Maybe the first one just wasn't good enough, he thought.
Without thinking, he moved in for a second time, as they kissed they were the last ones left in the theatre.

Lexi kissed Osiris back for a second and then broke apart. She looked him in the eyes and finally responded to what he had said before.
"Okay, yeah, I want us to..." her voice cracked from her nervousness.

Osiris smiled, he hadn't felt this happy since he had learned he would be spending 7 years away from his parents.

"Back to my place?" he asked, his grin growing wider. Even the credits were ending, but he couldn't care less, he would stay all night in that movie theater if he had too...

"Sure, sure." Lexi replied. She had smiled at the grin Osiris was wearing. It was the same goofy grin she loved. With everything said and done, she stood up and grabbed Osiris's hand, dragging him off the seat with her.

Osiris got up and followed Lexi out of the theater, wondering if he ever been happier in his life.
They got out of the theater just as the manager was closing up and made it to Osiris' place, exhausted but excited about what lay ahead of them the next day...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back