Closed Moving In

Evan looked up and smiled brightly. "Oh, right over here," She wiped her hands and led him back to the second bedroom of the house, opening the door for him. "I hope it's enough for you," She gave him an easy smile. It was a little smaller, but comfortable, with a nice sized bed, and some cleverly placed bookshelves by the dresser.

Stewie followed her through to the bedroom that was his and glanced around the room. He had always shared rooms, places had rarely been just a space for him. His shop was, but it was a disaster most of the time and it shouldn't be. Stewie stepped into the room and with a little magic, all of the clothes tidied themselves away, all the books on potions and ingredients he had and then that was it. It didn't take more than a couple of minutes. "It's perfect," he said. He had no personal items that were books and clothes. he had no pictures and no knick knacks to decorate with.

Evan smiled brightly at him, pleased. "That's good!" She stepped back. "Do you want to watch a movie with me in the living room?" She asked, going through movies they could watch in her head. "I like to wind down in the evenings with either a bit of tv or with reading and a bit of music," She told him.

Stewie shook his head gently. "I was planning on working," he said. He conjured up a desk and all of the bits he'd been working on to perfect a potion and make sure it was the best every time was placed down upon it. The parchment was a mess of scribbles but he didn't struggle with it. "I just tend to work till I crash,"

Evan hesitated, but decided against pushing. She bit her lip and rubbed the back of her neck. "Well..." She turned halfway towards the door. "I'm going to change into my pajamas, get some ice cream, and put in my favorite pride and prejudice movie. You're welcome to join me if you change your mind," She offered, trying to gently nudge him into coming with her but unsure if it would work.

Stewie glanced at her and nodded. "Okay, I'll leave the door open, so shout if you need me for anything," he said, awkwardly shifting from one foot to the other. The sound of ice cream and films was tempting but he had things he needed to be getting on with. Things which couldn't wait. Especially now he had a proper desk rather than just the work bench he had down in the shop.

Evan nodded, giving him a final smile before moving out to the living room. She changed into her pajamas with a flick of her wand and sat on the couch with her ice cream, putting in the two hour movie. She hummed happily, getting lost quickly in the beauty and wit of Elizabeth and the charm and growth of Darcy. Before she knew it the movie had ended and her ice cream was empty. She cleaned up, feeling relaxed and ready for bed. Except it wasn't just her, now, so she padded back to Stewie's door and knocking gently. "Stewie?" She asked, voice soft and peeking into his room.

Stewie had gotten a little lost in his work, but he was also tired. He had had a lot long day, long many days and this chair, this space was comfortable. He didn't even noticed when he leaned upon his books and notes and just fell asleep. The noise of whatever Evan was watching drifting through.

-godmods approved-
Evan blinked when she saw Stewie asleep at his desk. She walked over to him, and gently shook him. "Come on, Stewie, you need to go to bed," She murmured. He seemed a bit groggy, but with a bit of effort she managed to get the half dead man up and over onto the mattress. She slipped off his shoes, summoning the spare blanket from the closet hall and tucking it in around him. Once she was sure he was safely in bed, she left the room, shutting the door quietly behind her before heading to her own room.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back