motion sickness

Andromeda Fiorelli

OOC First Name
Linda
Wand
Cherry/Maple Wand 13 1/4" Essence of a Dragon's Heartstring; 10 1/2" 4wood mix - unicorn hair core
[[please pm if you want to join]]<i></i>

Andromeda or as she had begun to refer to herself lately, Canis Rufus (Red Wolf) walked out on to the very empty pitch. She held her precious sienna storm in her hand. She kissed the cuff that had the falcon emblazoned on it, her father's patronus and the name she had christianed it.

She mounted her broom carefully and slowly kicked off. This was the second time she had been up in the air since 'the incident' and she wanted to check a terrible knawing hunch she had. She didn't get far about 30 yards or so and only 6ft in the air, when her stomach heaved. Andy lunged forward reacting to her stomach. Her broom went down. She jumped off before she hit the ground and had to run to the back of the shed to throw up.

She wiped her mouth and shuddered. How long would this keep happening?
Try-outs would be soon and she didn't want to miss those. Her eyes began to fill with tears and furiously she brushed them aside. (with her other hand)

Canis Rufus walked back to the pitch and picked up her broom again. She would beat this thing she fumed. She mounted her broom and kicked off more energetically than before. This time she got about 7 ft in the air when her stomach began to heave and her head felt dizzy, she was convinced she would pass out and it took all the strength she had to guide her broom down to the ground. She dismounted and screamed.

Hurled so much abuse at her broom, at the sky, at the grass and at herself. She had one passion, one thing that set her slightly apart and that had always been that she was a natural flyer. Now she couldn't stay on her broom for five minutes.
The injustice of it tore her asunder.

She screamed loudly in anger again before flopping down onto the grass. She grabbed at clumps of it, dug her fingers deep into the soil and cried long and hard. She had needed this moment to vent, she had not had it until now. Canis Rufus felt grounded to the earth now, she looked up to the sky she loved so much. She threw herself down on the ground and looked straight up into the sky. Her name was Andromeda named after a galaxy high in the skies, she had been born on a plane and had known from the first second she had sat on a broom that she was meant to fly, she had been born to it.

She felt the ground beneath her and whispered resignedly;
"I am Canis Rufus. I am a werewolf. I belong to the ground, I am of the ground. A wolf cannot fly is not meant to fly."

She sat up slowly and wiped her face with the sleeve of her jumper. Life really did throw big massive curve balls.

Kiera walked down to the pitch with her Streak in her hand. She need to fly to clear her head. She had been worrying too much about the upcoming visit with her mother, or Jacqueline as she called her behind her back. She was afraid of the beautiful but cruel woman. Kiera did not want to go. She still had not told her father or Cameron about Jacqueline and that was a problem in and of itself. How was she supposed to get them to agree that Kiera, Kat, and Cam all had to leave to go see the women. Kiera was stressed out and needed to be in the air. It was a relief.

However when Kiera walked onto the pitch, she saw Andy. She was sitting on the ground and looked as if she had been crying. Kiera immediately forgot all of her own problems for those of her friend. She droped her broom and ran over to the girl. "Andy dear whats wrong?" she asked kneeing beside her friend. SHe put an arm around her in an attempt to comfort her with a problem that Kiera was unaware of.

Andromeda was leaned back into the crook of Kiera's arm as fresh tears fell down her cheeks.

"I've lost it Kiera, I can't fly anymore" she whispered so dejectedly.

This cut her more than being a psychotic werewolf. That she knew she could eventually really come to terms with but not flying. The thought again made the tears come even faster.

"I get up there and I feel physically sick!" she rubbed her eyes embarressed that she was bawling infront of her friend, what must she think of her.

Kiera was shocked by this news. The Andy she had seen fly looked so natural in the air, like it was her home. Andy was falling apart because of it. Kiera couldnt think of any reason for the sudden change.

"Shh..There there.." she whispered petting Andy's hair like her dad did when Kiera was upset. "Do you know of any reason why you cant fly anymore? What happened?" she asked with a soothing voice.

Kiera was calm and collected having forgotten her own problems. She had always cared more about her friends happiness than her own. She hugged Andy as she waited for a response.

Andy bit her lip, 'yeah i'm a big fat werewolf' she thought to herself. She couldn't tell Kiera that so chose the next thing that came to her mind.

"I don't know. I guess I've been thinking of my father alot again recently. He was the one who taught me to fly" this was all true of course and she had thought that her grief for him would stop her from enjoying flying at some point but it hadn't.

"Maybe I'm just coming down with something. I just need to be able to go up for the tryouts Kiera", her heart was breaking all over again.

Kiera hugged Andy tighter. She had never heard of grief causing that kind of effect all of a sudden. Andy's dad died at the start of the term and it was almost christmas. Kiera didnt believe that was her only problem. She didnt say that though but she was observant and decided to wait. Maybe she could figure it out.

"I am so sorry Andy. This is horrible! You flew amazingly just a few days ago." she said in the same soothing voice. "Maybe I can try and help you? There has to be some way to overcome this." she said encouragingly.

Andy sat up, she knew Kiera was trying to help and deep in Andy's heart she wanted to let her. But she couldn't. As much as flying meant everything to her, she had made a promise and couldn't break it.

She wiped her eyes again furiously.
"I'll just have to keep trying. Maybe I'm just having a bad few days, it could be the stress from the upcoming exams or... or nerves about the try-outs" She couldn't even bring herself to look at Kiera as she stood up and picked up her broom.

"I'll head back to the dorm and put this away for the day. I'll try again tomorrow I promise" she clutched her stomach though as she looked up into the sky. That's where she belonged not stuck down here like a....a...wolf!

Kiera watched as Andy turned to leave. Something was very wrong but Kiera wasnt sure what it was yet. She was going to find out.

"Hey Andy.." she called to the retreating girl. "Im always always here for you. You can tell me anything...no matter what...You know that right?" she asked with a friendly smile.

As Andy left, Kiera took to the skies. Her heart and head full of old and new problems.

Andy turned as Keira called out to her, she smiled and nodded her head.
'perhaps someday' Andromeda thought, 'but not just yet'.

She was still so worried how people would take the news. She knew she had been completely taken aback to Brian's reaction but not everyone might be so understanding.

She turned and walked away looking back only briefly as Keira flew in the air. Envy ripped through her and holding her beloved broom tightly she walked sullenly away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back