Mother and Son Reunited

Shane Stark

Having woken up early Shane apparated with Tristan into some woods that were close to the town his uncle Montague lived in. With Tristan following behind Shane made his way to Montague's house, making sure to stop within sight of the house.

After pointing the house out to Tristan Shane walked forward and got to the door. He took in a deep breath, then released it slowly. "Here goes nothing," he muttered to himself and gave the door three solid knocks with his left hand.

Morgase had been sitting on the couch trying to read, but it was no use. She was too nervous to concentrate on anything other than the thought of seeing Shane. When she finally heard a knock on the door Morgase literally jumped to her feet, walking swiftly to the door.

When she opened the door and saw her baby boy standing there, all grown up, Morgase swooned. Smiling proudly at Shane she ushered him into the house and scooped him into a tight hug.

"I missed you Son. I missed you so much."

Montague stood behind his sister has she embraced her son in a tight hug. Shane had grown up a lot since he left at the age of thirteen. Hands clasped behind his back, he watched as Morgase hugged his long lost nephew. Reguardless of what happened, this was to be an interesting day.

Shane hugged his mother back for a few moments before trying to pull away. He was eighteen after all, and hugs were not manly. "I have missed you too Mother." Finally getting her off of him he held her at arm's length and smiled down at her. Shane had grown a lot in five and half years, now towering over his mother.

"Hey Uncle Mont," Shane said with a nod as he released his mother, walking over to the couch and taking a seat. He was acting shockingly casual for the situation.

"Hello Shane," Montague nodded, "Welcome back." He walked towards the kitchen, "Can I get you anything to eat or drink?"

Morgase walked over to a chair that was across from the couch and sat down to face her son.

"So Shane, how have you been? Where have you been? What have you been doing? Did you keep going to Hogwarts?" The words spilled out from her mouth in a jumble and Morgase smiled in embarrassment , her cheeks turning slightly pink.

"No thank you," Shane said with a nod of appreciation to his uncle. He looked to his mother and smile.

"I have been good. I stayed in England with my grandfather Ishmael Stark. Yes, I continued going to Hogwarts and graduated last year." Shane wondered how his mother would take the news that he had stayed with Ishmael. He knew she had never met the man, but his name was not normally uttered around Sammael.

Montague pulled up a chair and sat down, this meeting was for Shane and his mother, Montague would only interject if it were necessary.

He listened to Shane when he spoke, He's been staying with Ishmael? Sammael would not be happy to hear about that. Montague was curious to see how his sister would react to that information, however he was pleased to hear that he had finished school.

"Ishmael?" Morgase found it hard to get the name out, quite shocked. "You, you stayed with him? I cannot believe he took you in. Shane, did he tell you what he did to your father?"

Shane nodded, not at all surprised by his mother's reaction. "Yes Mother, he told me everything. Well, that he abandoned Father and left him with Valcan with Father was only an infant. I have a feeling there is more to it, but did not pursue further. I needed somewhere to stay and he took me in."

Morgase was slightly taken aback by how calm Shane was and how easily he spoke of these things. Then again Shane probably thought Sammael deserved much worse than being abandoned by his father, as Sammael had thrown his own son out of his house.

"Well, it seems to have worked out well enough. Are you still saying with him now? Do you have a job?"

"Funny you should ask that. I randomly went to New Zealand yesterday, that is how I ran into Tristan. I went to the inn at Obsidian Harbour and was speaking with the barkeep when he offered me a job. I'm starting a two week trial tonight. Hopefully it works out."

"Who runs the inn?" Montague asked. He was curious to find out if he had heard of the barkeep, to get an idea of what Shane was walking into.

Shane moved his gaze over to Montague. "His name is Thanatos...You know, I never got his last name. He seemed nice enough though. It's just a dingy bar and inn, how can can two weeks be?" He seemed quite naive and optimistic in saying this, but Shane did not care. She shrugged and looked back to his mother.

"Now, I have some questions for you, if you don't mind."

Morgase was a bit worried about Shane going to work for Thanatos. She had a passing knowledge of who he was and was sure Shane did not know that he was a Death Eater.

"Yes of course Darling, ask me anything."

Shane cringed at the word Darling. "All right." He leaned forward, resting his elbows on his knees and letting his hand fall out before him.

Well, here goes nothing. "Mother, are you a Death Eater?" Shane stared stonily at his mother as he waited for her response.

Morgase blinked in surprise. What all did Tristan tell him? "Well, Shane, things were...complicated after you left..."

Morgase sighed and looked down at the floor sadly. She lifted the sleeve on her left arm to reveal the Dark Mark, quickly putting her sleeve back down.

"I am not happy about it Shane," she said as she looked back up at her son. "Your father was furious because I disagreed with what happened with you, and this was the only way I could please him. For a while I thought I really wanted it, but now I see it is not for me."

Morgase could only hope Shane would understand and believe her. She truly was sick of the Death Eaters and all of their grief, especially after this whole prophecy thing got started.

"Well Tristan certainly has a big mouth," Morgase muttered. "Yes, that is true. She goes to Hogwarts New Zealand and is convinced she is an only child. Your father demanded she have no memory of you, in case she might want to follow or find you or something. He did not want to risk her being rebellious too.

"She was sorted into Slytherin and for a bit appeared to be the daughter your father always wanted. But now she is becoming someone you would be proud to call your sister."

Morgase sighed. How to explain this. "Well, in short, she is defying your father. He has this crazy idea that she is part of a prophecy and has been trying to keep her under his thumb." Morgase frowned as she thought about it.

"Yes, well, that is your father. Valcan has implanted in him that Sophia might be the next Dark Lord. How long are you staying?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back