Daphne
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Wand
Straight 13 1/2 Inch Rigid Alder Wand with Mermaid Scale Core
Open after Kris posts with Brooke

Violette hadn't attended the Halloween Feast, but the yule ball had a certain appeal she couldn't deny. She had dressed up in a white dress, but felt a bit plain compared to all the other girls around. She clutched her bag close as she shuffled her way through the crowd, trying to find a good spot to stand and watch the dancing from. She didn't think she herself would dance, it felt way too scary to do so. Besides, she had no one to dance with. Violette moved past a group of older students, looking around cautiously. When she spotted a friendly face, she was relieved. She headed over to Brooke and gave her a small smile. "Hi." She told the Slytherin. "Are you by yourself too?" She then glanced at her clothes. "You look nice." Brooke was so stylish and confident, and Violette really admired that.

Brooke had rather enjoyed Hogwarts' social calendar so far, liking having a few social events with a bit more structure to them for her to navigate. It made her think perhaps joining a club or two would be a good idea next year, since her studies weren't taking nearly as much of her time as she had predicted. The Yule ball made Brooke think of the parties her parents would sometimes sweep off to for long evenings, things her mother liked to call "networking events", but she always looked so glamourous. Maybe if Brooke got in enough practice at school events she could tag along to one of her parents' events too.

She'd been lingering by some of the tables, keeping an eye out for Sydney who'd surprised her by managing to actually have a date tonight. Brooke was very curious what sort of person would agree to accompany Sydney to an event, but she was distracted from her observation when Violette joined her, smiling at the Ravenclaw. "Hi Violette, I love your dress, it's so sweet," She told her warmly, smiling as Violette complimented her as well. "There's a few other Slytherins I've been hanging out with, but I needed a drink. Do you want company?" She asked, holding up a cup of punch in explanation. "I've also been spying on my sister a bit, she managed to get a date this evening and I'm curious who it is," She added, realizing maybe bonding with Violette over sisters might be a good in to get to know the other girl better.

There was a moment where Violette had worried if Brooke would even want to talk to her at the dance. But as soon as the other girl complimented her, Violette felt more at ease. She glanced down at her own dress with a shy smile, feeling more confident about it all of a sudden. "Thanks." She said quietly. She was a little nervous to hear Brooke had been hanging out with some Slytherins, and she looked around nervously to see if any group was waiting for her. But then the girl asked of she wanted some company, and Violette felt relieved. "I would love some." She said, clearly pleased. She followed Brooke's gaze. "Who is your sister?" She asked, curious to see who it could be. She imagined an older and more elegant version of Brooke. "I don't think my sister is here tonight... thankfully." She said quietly. Grace didn't seem to be one of the chaperones.

Brooke smiled more when Violette seemed to relax some, relieved that she might be making some ground with her. She was also glad that Violette engaged when she mentioned her sister, though Brooke was curious what Violette's own relationship with her sister might be after the 'thankfully' she tacked onto her sentence. "My big sister Sydney, she's-" Brooke craned her head, scanning the crowds until she spotted Sydney, doing her best to be as contrary as possible in a decidedly frumpy looking sweater and skirt. "-over there, short hair, with the big black sweater," She said, pointing at Sydney and shaking her head fondly. "I doubt she wants me spying on her so I'm trying to be stealthy. You and you sister don't get along very well either?" Brooke hazarded. It was a bit of guess, she hadn't noticed any animosity between the two Holland sisters during class, but it was also very possible that Professor Holland was just keeping thing professional, especially with such a large age gap between the two.

Violette looked in the direction Brooke indicated as she tried to figure out who her sister was, and she was a little shocked to see the girl she meant. She didn't look anything like elegant Brooke, the sweater not looking very stylish as far as Violette knew. She hesitated at Brooke's next question, honestly not entirely sure how to answer it. "We... do..." She eventually said, reaching up to fidget with a loose strand of her hair. "It's just... she's a lot older, when I was young she already went to school, to Beauxbatons." She said eventually. "And then moved here, I'm- we're from France. So I never saw her a lot." She explained, not sure why she was saying so much. But it did feel somewhat nice to talk about this with someone. "She looks out for me, but I don't want her to draw attention to her being my sister." She said softly. "If she was here, she would be hovering around me I think." She felt a little guilty for saying it like this, but it was how she felt. She had been mortified to be named during the flying lesson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back