More than flowers

Zazuka Getathorn

OOC First Name
Ana V [main]
Wand
Black Walnut/ Maple Wand 12 3/4" Essence of Silver Thistle
It was a sun-shower day at Hogwarts. One where it rained but the sun was out making it seem like the world was being pelted by liquid diamonds. Or that was how Zazuka Bones saw it. She was out with her wide brimmed hat and sundress as if it where perfectly sunny out. It was spring in New Zealand after all. She was humming the lyrics of 'White Rabbit' while taking care of her favorite plant. The Venomous Tentacula. She loved the plants even though they where considered one of the more dangerous ones.

Zazuka couldn't see why, they where always nice to her and even Andy had to admit that they where good to the people that didn't agitate them. Well as adults. The toddlers tended to bite the ankles of passers by. Still it was her patch of garden to do with what she wished as said by Professor Cecily when she was still Headmistress and leader of the Wild Patch.

As Zazuka enjoyed her day of gardening her thoughts wondered off to a certen Ravenclaw she hadn't seen in a while. She was sure he was still in the school. She had only heard on one that had left the school that caused a significant difference. Meaning that her leaving went all over the school. Zazuka let her thoughts go and kept clipping at the dead leaves from her plants. They shivered slightly but for now where surprisingly inactive.

Galileo had been trying to enjoy the weather while trying to keep and eye on his cat for most of the day. She had gotten away from him and he spent most of the day "chasing" her around the grounds. He'd already grown accustomed to these "chases," which happened often, and began to think of them as more of a reason for him to go out. He had learned early that running after her never helped so it usually played out like a game of follow the leader. She would walk everywhere and anywhere she pleased, looking back every so often to see if the boy had given up, and then continue to walk ahead of him. If Galileo managed to get closer to her than she liked, she'd speed up until she was at a comfortable distance and then continue to walk. This would continue until she decided she didn't feel like walking anymore and would let Galileo carry her all the way back to his room. Although the rain wasn't falling very hard, his clothes were now fairly wet from being outside for so long. After following his cat through most of the grounds, he found himself in the garden.

The Ravenclaw boy sighed as he saw his cat make its way further away from him. When he first got her, he had no idea she would cause so much trouble for him. His first clue should have come when she refused to respond to any name he would give her. It had taken him several days to figure out that she'd only respond to the name Isabella had given her, which annoyed him even more every time he was forced to say it out loud. He could sense that his "chase" would come to an end very soon.

He kept his eyes on his cat as she finally stopped at the feet of a girl. It had taken him a second to realize who the girl was because he was behind her but as soon as he did recognize her, his heart jumped a little. As the cat rubbed its body against the legs of the girl, Galileo made his way closer to the both of them. "Hey there!" he said kneeling down to pick up the pet that had been annoying him all day.

Zazuka reached down to pet the cat that had come up to her before noticing that Galileo was coming to pick her up. For a moment she was reminded of old Jinx and how vivid his eyes once were. That was starting to change as the years went. Now seven years old Zazuka was of the supision that Jinx was about to die. Jinx had given the world a set of kitten that she now took care of by the names of Hix and Junie. Hix had in turn had a litter of her own out of which she kept one too but still she was not looking forward to when Jinx took his final breath.

She wasn't thinking of that now though. She had decided when she started to notice that the old cat started to move slower that she would take his death when it came. There was more pressing matters at hand now. "Hey Galileo." She said as she smiled wide at him. Her eyes seemed sliver they where so crowed with stars. She walked up to Galileo and put her hand on his wet shirt while small droplets of water fell from her wide brimmed hat.

"I missed you this summer." She said with a brilliant smile on her face. Galileo still had the power to make her weak in the knees but Zazuka kept on her feet this time. She would be alright as long as she didn't move too much. Not until she was sure that Galileo would hold her up that was.

Galileo decided there was no harm in letting the cat walk around a little more and got up. He didn't feel like talking to Zazuka with a cat in his arms anyway. As he directed his attention back to Zazuka he smiled at her, excited that they had finally run into each other. He'd thought about her often over the summer. Although he liked everything about her, his favorite thing about her was her smile. Seeing it again excited him even more.

As she got closer to him, he couldn't help himself. He wrapped his arms around her and spun around once before setting her on the ground again. "Sorry, I just missed you too. I missed you a lot actually." he said shyly hoping he hadn't surprised her too much. He was surprised at himself for doing something like that. It wasn't something he normally did. Rather than worry anymore, he continued talking. "How was your summer?" he asked, interested in what her summer was like.

Zazuka watched as the cat bound away. It had done it duty or Zazuka thought that how it felt like. She smiled softly. Cats where infanatly mysterious creatures. It had been really too long since she had seen Galileo but the year was still young. She took in what she could of Galileo's image before he took her in his arms and spun her round. Zazuka wrapped her arms around his neck, laughing at the pure randomness of it.

Zazuka was still laughing when he set her down. "It's ok Galileo, I enjoyed it." She said after she calmed down a little bit. She still hand her arms around him she she lifted herself up and kissed his lips softly. "Busy. Every year it seems like there are more and more first year. It was good though. I got a lot done and I'm nearly guaranteed a spot in St. Mungo's if keep my grades up." She said Zazuka ran nuzzled at Galileo's neck softly then giggled. She was being a bit more forward than she normally was but she was as existed about seeing Galileo as he seemed to be about seeing her. "How ways your summer?"

Galileo was pleasantly surprised when Zazuka kissed him. After all, they had never really discussed their relationship before and he was unsure about whether things like kissing were allowed. Her kiss had eased his mind for the time being and he instantly decided that they would discuss their relationship later.

He began listening to her talk about how she had been and was surprised at how affectionate she was being. It became harder and harder for him to listen to what she was saying. When he was asked how his summer had been, he tried to dismiss the question as subtly as possible. Life for him had been really uneventful lately and he did not want to come off as an uninteresting person, even though he figured something like that shouldn't matter at this point. "It was good. I didn't do much." he answered quickly. He was positive he had failed in making himself seem less boring than he actually was. "So what are you doing out here?" he asked, quickly trying to change the subject. It had just occurred to him that his arms were around her waist now. He found it very strange that something like that happened so naturally. He had a feeling it had something to do with Zazuka. Whenever he was around her, things would always just fall into place naturally for him. It was part of the reason he liked her so much and a big part of him hoped she felt the same way.

Zazuka knew that they hadn't really talked about them together but it seemed so natural for them when they where together that Zazuka really didn't see any reason to talk about it. Then again the relationship they had would come up sooner or later so she would talk about when it did. She could tell that Galileo was losing the tread of the conversation though. She giggled softly and pulled herself up some more. Zazuka stood at a five foot six but in some instances she was still short.

"There is no shame in leading a quiet life." She whispered as if she where letting Galileo in on a big secret then laughed to let him know that she was joking. Zazuka also noticed that his hands had dropped slightly but she was not about deny him where he was. She would set limits if she had to but it didn't seem like she had to just yet. "It seemed like the right time to take care of the Tentecula as well as do a bit of mirror fortunes." She said as she slid one hand down Galileo's arm then reached into the pocket of her dress. Zazuka showed Galileo a small purple compact that she had there with a soft smile one her face.

Galileo's smile slightly faded when he realized Zazuka knew why he'd been so quick to answer her question about how he spent his time away. "I need to get better at hiding my thoughts!" he thought to himself, hoping he would be a little more successful this time. He smiled as their conversation continued.

"Tenteculas?" he asked. It was impossible to keep his mind at bay. It was in this area that Galileo and Zazuka were very different. He could honestly say that these were things he had never been interested in doing with his free time. Perhaps this is one of the reasons that drew him to Zazuka as well. These were the types of things that made her unique and although this was part of her charm, it still always managed to catch him off guard. "Aren't Tenteculas a little...dangerous?" he asked quickly, showing as much interest as possible. As she pulled out a compact from her pocket, his interest had peaked. "Mirror fortunes? I'm going to be honest, I have no idea what that is." he said, laughing at himself. "How does it work?" he asked, eagerly waiting to hear her answer.

Zazuka nuzzled his cheek while laughing then let Galileo go. It amused her slightly that he was trying to make it seem like he was actually intrested in Herbology of any kind. There where very few who liked the subject let alone florished in it. "Yes they are. They a highly toxic speces of plant and a highly violent one when agitated but they have never agresses towards me really." She said as one of the tenticuls of the pland rubbed agaist her leg making her laugh. She wasn't about to tell him that she knew that she may be boreing him to tears because it seemed to unnerve him at times that she knew these kinds of things.

A more intresting subject was one about the Japanese art of mirror fourtunes. "When there's a day like this, where the rain is charged with the power of the sun you can do mirror fourtunes. All you have to do is hold the small mirror to your hear, close your eyes and wait. You don't have to consentrate, you don't even have to think. all you have to do listen because the first word that you hear will be an oman." She said then handed Galileo the mirror. "Give it a try if you want. You don't need any Divinary skills to do this." She said with a with a kind smile. She liked this kind of fourtune because it didn't require muich study. That and she wondered what Galileo would get.

As Zazuka stepped away to talk to him about Tenteculas, Galileo could not help but feel a bit disappointed. In his mind, the closer he was to Zazuka, the better. He silently laughed at himself and began to listen as Zazuka informed him that the plants she was tending to were, in fact, dangerous. The expression on his face became a mix of confusion and worry. He found it quite strange that anyone would want to get within arms reach of a plant that is so dangerous and what bothered him just a little more was that the girl that he liked very much was one of those people who would. As he saw the plants apparent fondness for her, his mind was slightly eased and he managed to let out a nervous chuckle.

He continued to listen as she began explaining to him what Mirror Fortunes were, something that he had not heard of once. He was caught by surprise when she told him to give it a try. It seemed easy enough but he was still unsure about how something like that would work. "Why don't you do it first?" he asked quickly. "I want to see how it works before I do it." he added hoping he'd excuse himself for the time being. He let out another chuckle, slightly less nervous than the one before.

Zazuka shook her head and placed the mirror in his hands. "Come on it's not hard. Just place it against your heart, close your eyes and listen." She said with a bright smile on her face. She had done this countless times herself. It was a calming experience really and even if nothing came from it you still got to enjoy a bit of time outside on a warm wet day. "There will be no harm in it if nothing comes to you." She said as she walked behind him then reached around. She gently guided hand in which she had placed the mirror over Galileo's heart while giggling softly.

Zazuka nuzzled at his neck softly. "Trust me." Was all she said her voice dreamer than it should have been. This was the first time that Zazuka had shared something like this with anyone let alone a boy she liked. She only hoped that he liked her as much as she liked him. The hurt that she had been in before was almost gone but not quite. She didn't think she could take someone else hurting her so soon even though she had grown stronger because of it.

Galileo found it impossible to resist Zazuka's request. With the compact now in his hand he decided to give it a try. "So what exactly is supposed to happen again?" he asked making sure there were any steps he'd missed. He decided if he was going to do it, he'd might as well do it right. He kept the compact at his heart and waited to receive the instructions one more time before attempting it.

There was a big part of him that wanted to refuse doing Mirror Fortunes, mostly because it was something that was completely new to him but there was also another part that was afraid as well. He was afraid of what he might hear or what would even happen. It was unlike him to even agree to a request like this but, because it was her, he gave in and he decided he would let her know. "You're lucky I like you! Otherwise, I would not be doing this!" he chuckled.

The fact that Galileo was actually doing this may have had to do with the fact that she wasn't giving him a chance to say no. It was not like she thought that he was going to get anything earth shattering but she wanted to share with him a part of herself that she had not been brave enough to share with anyone else. Zazuka put her hand over her Galileo's eyes from where she was standing. "Just listen." She said now that he had compleated a lot of what she had said.

Galileo said that he liked her and Zazuka choose to take that as what she hoped he meant. He was listening for an oman so Zazuka decided to give him one just for fun. "I like you too." She whispered in his ear. She wondered a bit what would happen now. Zazuka could aways look ahead if she wanted to but this was one time that she didn't want to. She was happy here with her arms around Galileo from behind and wondering.

As Galileo closed his eyes he almost immediately heard Zazuka whisper in his ear. He could feel his heart beat slightly faster and he smiled. He liked knowing that the person he had feelings for shared those same feelings for him even though, at this point, it was completely obvious. He chuckled a bit and wondered if Zazuka had thought he had heard something funny. After a minute of waiting to hear something, he was having no luck. He knew he wasn't concentrating on it as much as he should have been but it was almost impossible for him. To many things were going through his head.

"I'm not hearing a thing." he sighed. He opened his eyes and looked at Zazuka nervously, hoping she was not too disappointed in him. It was strange to him that he found it so hard to focus on the task. He was usually to do most of what he set his mind to do. "I guess these things happen." he thought, trying to console himself. "You do it and tell me what you hear!" he said forcing the compact into Zazuka's hand. "I'm interested in seeing what it's like when it works." he said hoping for a demonstration.

Zazuka laughed and placed the compact against her own heart. She closed her eyes to make her ears sharper then breathed in slowly. In that breath she could feel her own power flow though her without direction or restraint. As she let it out she heard "Complicated isn't it?". Zazuka gasped and dropped the mirror. Luckily the outside of it was metal so it didn't brake. She knew what it meant but she didn't want to think of that.

Zazuka swiftly bent down and picked up the compact. "That's basically it. You didn't have to concentrate or even think about anything. The words just come to you from anywhere. What we just herd could have been from a teacher or something but it will take me a bit to figure out what it means." She said with a bright smile. Zazuka wasn't going to make Galileo try and do a fortune again. She knew he wasn't comfortable with it but it had just been fun to tease him for a while. "Would you like to walk with me while the rain lasts. It going to fade soon." She said looking up.

Galileo watched Zazuka as she began doing what he was unable to do. He found it hard to believe that it would actually work and was surprised when he heard Zazuka say what she heard. As he continued to observe her, he was slightly alarmed as when she gasped and dropped the mirror. He was not sure if that reaction was normal or not.

He watched her closely for a little while longer before he figured it was safe to assume everything was okay. He listened as she began to explain how easy the procedure was which slightly unnerved Galileo. He smiled and tried his best to brush the feeling away. "Sure, why not?" he said answering her question. He immediately began scanning the surrounding area with eyes, searching for his cat. He spotted her a few feet away, staring at him. He immediately wondered if she had been observing them the whole time. As Galileo was about to make his way over to her to pick her up she began walking towards him, as if she had read his mind and decided to save him the trouble. As she got closer to him she stopped about 2 feet away, letting him know that she was not ready to be held but would not run away. Galileo nodded at her and directed his attention back to Zazuka. "Lead the way!" he said.

Zazuka took Galileo's arm and started to lead him through the rest of the gardens. They where much less odd than the flowers and plants that Zazuka took care of. maybe because Zazuka liked the odd flowers better than the flowers that could be found in a normal garden. But then she had nothing against normal flowers. She had seen the cat walk away from Galileo before but the idea didn't come to her until just now. "Do you think your cat would get a kick out of meeting Juniper?" She asked suddenly. Juniper was what Zazuka supposed would be Jinx's grandson.

Zazuka leaned her head into Galileo's shoulder and closed her eyes. This would work. She knew it would. She liked Galileo a lot and she knew now for certen that he liked her. There was something nagging at her though. Something she couldn't explain. Zazuka hoped that it would go away soon though. She had a feeling that she had creeped Galileo out enough as it was.

Galileo kept an eye on his cat as he walked through the garden with Zazuka. He took his eyes off his cat every so often to admire some of the flowers around them. He was a thrown off by Zazuka's question and chuckled a bit. He looked at his cat for a second and she looked back at him, almost as though she had heard that the girl next to him had asked. "Hmm...I don't see why not." he said, chuckling some more.

He felt Zazuka lean her head on his shoulder and he smiled. He liked the way she made him feel and it wasn't something he wanted to lose any time soon. The only thing that worried him was the fact that things between them seemed to be going too well. Although the Ravenclaw boy liked to think he was smooth when it came to the girls, that wasn't always the case. If there was one thing he'd learned, it was that trying hard to keep something could be the reason you lose it. All he knew was that he enjoyed being with her and he'd be ready for whatever fate had to throw at them.

Zazuka laughed as well. The cat seemed to be your typical Ravenclaw cat. Too smart for it's own good. "I will bring him out one of these day then. Poor thing got stuck in a pricker bush one day and won't come out of the common room now." She said thinking of the scardy cat. It made her giggle to think of all the personalities that had developed among the children of one very haughty cat. Zazuka looked up over the brim of her hat and smiled. The rain stopped just as she did. Nature seemed to be a thing that Zazuka was very in tune with.

Zazuka stayed looking up for a bit then sighed. "What are you doing for the Yule Ball?" She asked. Zazuka peaked ahead and saw that she wasn't going with Galileo but this was more because of her obligations as Head Girl more than anything else. Still there was no harm in meeting Galileo there.

Galileo laughed a bit when Zazuka told him what happened to her cat. "That's terrible!" he chuckled. At that moment, it stopped raining. He looked up and let out a sigh. He rather enjoyed the rain and when it had stopped, he was disappointed. He was reminded of the time he watched her dance in the rain. He smiled at himself and directed his attention back to Zazuka.

"The Yule Ball?" he asked. "I completely forgot about that." he said, chuckling at himself. "I might make an appearance." he said nonchalantly. He waited for her reaction before he fully committed himself to going or not. He was not sure if she was expecting him to ask her to go with him or not. He hadn't planned on it but only because he'd forgotten about it completely. The truth was, he would be more than happy to go with a girl like Zazuka.

Zazuka nodded. "Really, I wanted to let him see that the outdoors where nothing that would hurt him again." She said her voice a little dreamier. "Would you ever join me if I where to ask you to come out with me in a storm with me?" She asked. Light rain was one thing but Zazuka danced her best when she was out in a storm with the winds helping her twist and turn. It made her feel like she was really once with nature like she could pick up the energies of the earth as well as the people around her.

Zazuka grinned sunshine. "Please do. I would love it if you could dance with me at the ball." She said hoping that he would take it the way she meant it. Yes she would see her at the ball with another guy but she would have really liked if she would be there with Galileo. "Meet me there." She said as she drew closer to him. She now knew how to walk like this with someone without tripping them up even so she was half counting her steps.

Galileo answered Zazuka's question before he had a chance to really think about it. "Sure!" he said quickly. He really wasn't interested in going out in a storm but it was really too late to say anything else. "It sounds like fun." he added trying to sound as interested as possible. He found it strange that she seemed to be the only person to get him to do things he wasn't really interested in. He still was not sure whether that was a good thing or a bad thing.

The Ravenclaw boy smiled when Zazuka asked him to go to the ball. It was all he needed to decide. "Well, in that case, I will be there." he said in his coolest voice. He was excited but decided he rather hide it for now. As she came closer, Galileo smiled. He liked having her near him and, in his mind, the closer the better. He could only imagine what dancing with her would be like. He chuckled at himself for thinking about those kinds of things. "Do you think you'll be able to handle my moves?" he joked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back