OOC First Name
Arle
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Mallory
Atkin was clearing the tables when a soft breeze blew in bringing a flyer. Thinking it was trash, he picked it up and trash it when he caught sight of the words professors and broomsticks. He smoothed it out and read it carefully. It was a flyer for a shop event for the school professors and staff. It even invited the former professors which sounded even wonderful. He checked his watch and quickly finished up. Tyra's triplets were in one corner, finishing some homework given by their mother. Telling them where he would be going, he quickly made his way out and in the direction of The Three Broomsticks. He wondered if Mallory would be there but since she was a professor, she would most likely be there. He had finally arrived to see the party in full swing. He could see the people inside and Mallory too. Pleased at this, he sauntered to the bench across and waited for her. For sure, the party would be wrapping up in an hour or so. He could wait.

Last edited:
Mallory was a bundle of nerves and anxiety by the time the party started to wind down. She felt worn out, and exhausted, but she was pleased with herself for sticking with it until the party had ended. She hung back, letting everyone else start back for the castle. With the way her nerves were, she wanted time to saunter back to her room and her teddy bear alone, and at a slower pace. She supposed she could apparate, but she thought a walk in the cool night air would clear her mind and help settle her nerves.

She walked out of the three broomsticks, her eyes lowered to the ground, and began to walk back to the castle. She hesitated after a few steps, reminded by how her feet were killing her that she was still in heels. Mallory used the wall for support and leaned down, slipping off her shoes and letting out a sigh of relief as she stood barefoot. She set her shoes on the ground and stood, conjuring a hair tie and pulling her hair up into a messy bun atop her head. The wind was blowing tonight, and it was whipping her hair about in a most unpleasant manner. Chilled, she decided on a whim to conjure up an outfit better suited for the cold, hardly aware that she might have an audience. She slid her shoes into her bag, feeling relieved by the long, comfortable sleeves of her sweater. She waited there a moment, holding the sleeves to her nose and reveling in the warmth. She shut her eyes, letting herself relax in the evening air.

Atkin kept his eyes on the door as the party died down. Professors slowly made their way out and headed in the castle's direction. Right as the last few came out with some former professors going to the opposite direction, Mallory finally came out. He watched, waiting to see if she noticed her. Apparently not, he smirked. He watched her conjure up warmer clothes and just stood there relaxed by cool evening breeze. He pulled out his wand and conjured fireflies, just enough to illuminate the place and to show where he was.

Mallory was enjoying the night air when something brushed her cheek. She opened her eyes, her breath catching at the beauty of the fireflies around her. She reached a hand up, watching in awe a moment before her eyes followed a single firefly back to the others, her heart fluttering as she spotted a man sitting across the street, the fireflies surrounding him in the night, and she knew that she was going to be dreaming about this view for a long while. "Atkin?" she breathed, blushing terribly. She hesitated a moment, tucking a stray strand of hair behind her ear before walking barefoot across the street. "Atkin?" She smiled shyly. "What are you doing here?"

Atkin just loved the light playing on Mallory's face. His heart swelled as he saw her face lit up at the sight of the fireflies in the sky. Even more so when she began to realize that he was the cause of the wonderful sight. He could see the color rushing to her face, thanks to the illuminating glow. He stood up at the call of his name, a smile on his face. "Yes, it's me, Mallows.", he chuckled when she said his name again. "Waiting for you.", he answered simply, meeting her halfway. He looked down to her bare feet. He flicked his wand once more, a pair of comfortable shoes materialized. He knelt down, glancing up. "May I?", he asked.

Mallory blushed deeply, nodding shyly and letting him slip the shoes on her feet. She swallowed nervously, hiding her hands in her sleeves and pressing her sleeves to her lips. "T-thank you," she spoke softly. "I- um... it's... nice to see you, Atkin," She managed gently, trying to ignore the fluttering of her heart. He was always so gentle with her. Well, mostly. But often enough that she was willing to forgive and forget the times he'd hurt her feelings.

Mallory had small feet, just the right size for the shoes that he conjured. It seemed that Atkin's wand knew her more than he did. He slipped the shoes on, admired how perfect she looked on them before straightening up. He gazed down on her, a smile on his lips as reached a hand to tuck a lock of hair behind her ear. "You're always welcome. Always.", he replied. He offered an arm, giving her one of his best smiles. "Shall we?"

Mallory's breath caught, her heart stuttered in her chest, and unthinkingly she swayed just a little bit closer as he tucked her hair behind her ear. Without thinking, she reached up and touched her cheek where his fingers had brushed against it. She looked down to his arm for a brief moment before looking back up to him, her eyes just a little wide and her cheeks burning. "Oh... okay," she stuttered softly, stepping closer into his side and placing one hand very gently in the crook of his elbow, resting the other one just as softly a little lower on his arm. "Where are we going?" She asked, unable to look away from him.

Atkin's heart swelled at the touch of her hand on his arm. Burning cheeks and bright eyes suited her so well. At her question, Atkin just tapped her hand before lightly covering her hand with his. "We're going for a walk." Then, they set off, ambled comfortably down the quiet road. They had finally reached a quiet river, only illuminated with fireflies. There was a bridge that they could cross and Atkin led them in that direction. He cleared his throat. "So, did you have fun?", he asked, making small talk.

Mallory let Atkin lead her away, unsure of where they were going but feeling content all the same. While they walked, she reached up and let her hair down, feeling a little too vulnerable with it up and out of her face. She hid behind the dark locks a bit, hoping it helped conceal the crimson staining her cheeks. She bit her lip, hesitating at his question. "It was... different," she allowed. "I don't regret going. It was just... hard, for me." she settled on.

The evening breeze was cool as it blew by. The wooden bridge gently creaked under their steps as they stepped on it. He glanced down at Mallory as she let her hair down, letting it be gently tousled by the breeze. Personally, he liked her even more with her hair down although she would always be gorgeous in his eyes. He smiled, listening to her, brows furrowed when she said that it was hard. They had reached the middle of the bridge that he stopped to face her. "What do you mean hard?", he asked softly, gazing at her. "I thought you were having fun."

Mallory let Atkin lead her, biting her lip as they stopped and he asked for clarification. She ran her thumb over his arm unthinkingly, looking out over the water as she tried to piece together an explanation. "I did, I just..." she sighed. "I was very... sheltered, growing up. It was always Dimitri, Annika, and I. We didn't really know other children our age." She tried to explain, chewing a little on her lip as she thought. "All we ever experienced outside of our home was galas and dinners and events, all carefully controlled by our father. It was a different society." She looked down, her grip on Atkin tightening just a touch.

"Leaving home was the hardest thing I have ever done. Staying at the Inn... it was really the first time I was ever free, to meet people as Mallory and not as uvazhayemaya korrinova," she shrunk a little into his side, the anxiety building up again. "I am perhaps the youngest Professor in a school of thousands of people. Never in my life have I been so... surrounded. They are all either so much younger, or so much older than I. It... it is difficult trying to find myself when... when again, I am just so easily... so easily washed away," Her voice broke as tears filled her eyes. She bit her lip harder, unthinkingly drawing away from Atkin to try and get some space.

Atkin frowned as he became concerned, worried for Mallory. He may have liked the feel of her on his arm but he knew she would instinctively pull away. And she did. He let her have her small space before he gently placed his arms on her shoulders and made her look at him. "Hey...", he gazed in her eyes. "I may not know what's it like to be in your old world but all I know is you're the Mallory now because you have been brave enough to leave that and see the world.", he gave her a soft smile. He reached a thumb to catch a tear. "So what if you're young? You're amazing who you are and people love you for who you are. It's never wrong to say no to events like this sometimes and it's never wrong to take a step back so you can get a better grasp of where you are." He looked down as he reached for her hands, holding them together before giving them a gentle squeeze. "Mallows, you're brave. You're smart. You're gorgeous. You're so much more than what you think. You just have to believe in yourself. Because I do. I always believe in you.", he looked at her, his eyes full of pride. He reached hand to tuck her hair before leaning in closer, his heart pounding. What would Tyra say? How would Mallory react? So many thoughts ran in his head. What if he would mess up? Insecurity crept up to him that he settled for a chaste kiss on her forehead. He wondered if she could hear his heart.

Mallory was surprised as Atkin turned her to face him, her breath catching. Her breath caught and her heart stuttered as he spoke, a blush creeping into her cheeks as he wiped away a tear. She gasped softly as he took her hands, looking to them before peeking back up at him. Her breath caught again as he tucked her hair behind her ear. Was this really happening? Was she just dreaming? Her eyes fluttered shut as he leaned in. An acute disappointment washed through her when he kissed her forehead. She let out a slow breath, looking up to him. "Atkin?" she asked, her voice barely more than a whisper. The night was still around them. Her heart fluttered in her chest. She bit her lip, hesitating for just a moment before taking a small step closer, bringing her hands up and placing them gently on his chest. She peeked up at him from beneath her lashes. She wanted him to kiss her, to hold her closer. It didn't feel like such a silly thought at the moment, and she thought maybe... maybe he might want the same thing, too.

Atkin's breath hitched at the touch of Mallory's hands on his chest.S Surely, she could already feel his pounding heart. He gazed down at her, noted her flushing cheeks and both of them short of breath. "Mal...", he whispered. He wanted to kiss her. He wanted to tell her that he was falling in love with her. All he ever wanted was to just be honest with her. And he could tell that she wanted him to. The way she was looking at her from beneath her lashes. The way she stepped closer which she had never done before. "I....", he sighed, clasping her hands on his chest. "I think we should get you back at the castle.", he finally said with regret. He took a small step back, taking one of her hands in his, and gave her an apologetic smile. He could not trust himself again. He was afraid to hurt her, she was just so pure while he was.. well, him. He had hurt Aliviah without intending to. He did not want to do it to her.

Mallory's heart fell as Atkin stepped away. She took her free hand and brought it up, lowering her eyes immediately in shame and pressing her fist gently to her lips. She let him keep her hand a moment before pulling it back, folding them together tightly in front of her. She ducked her head, her dark hair falling forward and covering her face. "Oh, I- o-okay," she managed softly, tears pricking her eyes. Of course. What had she even been thinking? He wouldn't... she was silly to have ever thought he might... Mallory bit her lip, turning and walking quietly back the way they had came. Tears pricked at her eyes and she did her best to keep them back, hoping that at least she didn't look as dejected as she felt. Tonight had started out so well, and now... Mallory knew she was going to probably cry herself to sleep that night, nursing a broken heart and trying desperately to keep it hidden.

GODMOD APPROVED

Atkin had always been observant and in tune to Mallory's actions. So in tune that the moment she pressed her fist, ducked her head, and pulled her hand from his hand broke his heart. He knew what she was thinking and he knew what she wanted. But he was afraid for her. Afraid that he would hurt her and even at that moment, he already did. "Mallory, wait!", he called, trying to stop her although his words fell on deaf ears and heart. He smacked his fist on the wooden bridge out of frustration. He ran a hand through his hair, pulling at them in the end. He paced back and forth, having an inner battle. "Screw it!", he blurted as he made his way after Mallory who he saw was already at a halfway point from the castle gates. "Mallory, wait!", he called out, speeding up, his legs trying to cover as much ground as he could. He called her name again, this time the woman turned. He felt relieved as he closed the remaining distance. He paused to catch his breath, raising a hand not letting the woman speak. The moment he straightened up, he only said six words before doing two things. "I love you, Professor Mallory Corrins.", he finally said with his heart beating at high speed as he stepped closer and capture her lips in a sweet kiss, cupping her cheeks at the same time.

Last edited:
Mallory wasn't really surprised that she was walking back to the castle alone. The night seemed so much colder than it had before, and she couldn't help but shiver, hugging her arms closer to herself. She wasn't sure when she had started crying, but the wind was cooler on her wet cheeks. She was shuffling back to the castle, wiping her sleeve over her face, when she heard someone calling for her.

Without a thought she stopped, turning around to see Atkin running after her. She tensed up, wiping again at her cheeks quickly. She was about to ask what was wrong, but he stopped her. She blinked, but bit her lip and waited.

She didn't expect what came next. Her eyes widened and her cheeks burned as he spoke. Before she could speak he was kissing her. Her breath caught, and she stood frozen for a few moments before she relaxed. Mallory melted into Atkin, her eyes fluttering back and her hands resting on his chest as she kissed him back softly.

Atkin's heart stopped and as if Mallory made it beat again. He braced himself for rejection but Mallory relaxed in his arms and soon enough she kissed him back softly. That's Mallory. Gentle, soft, pure. For Atkin, she was like a crystal glass that needed to be handled with the greatest care. That was when he wrapped an arm around her waist and pulled her closer. He let the kiss deepen for a moment before he gently broke the kiss. Letting his forehead rest against hers, the man could not help but let out a light chuckle. "Were you crying?", he asked, at the loss of words to say.

Mallory let out a soft sigh, smiling and leaning against Atkin. She burrowed into his neck, sighing softly. She blushed as he asked if she had been crying. "No," she lied nervously, hiding her face in his neck. "Maybe," she admitted gently, gripping lightly at his shirt. "I... I thought you didn't want me," she admitted quietly, hiding in his neck. She thought a bit differently now, of course. "Do you... really love me?" she asked softly, her cheeks flushing crimson.

Atkin sighed, his heart finally at peace. He had finally disclosed his feelings, took the leap. It was up to Mallory to accept him. He looked down to Mallory snuggled in his arms. He held her shoulders and gently stepped back to look at her. He brushed her blushing cheeks before he nodded. "Do you... love me?", he asked, a hint of fear in his voice.

Mallory's heart fluttered again as Atkin stepped back. Her cheeks turned a darker crimson and she swallowed nervously. "I... Y.yes..." she admitted very softly, almost afraid to say it. She had never been in love before. She looked away but didn't pull away from his touch, instead bringing her hand up to brush her fingers lightly over the back of his hand.

Atkin's heart swelled at those words, no matter how soft they were spoken. He bent down to place a kiss on her head. No words could describe what he was feeling at that moment. He looked up to see the silhouette of the castle a few meters up ahead. "Hey, let's get you home.", he cooed, wrapping an arm around her small frame.

Mallory hummed softly, smiling and resting against him. Speaking quietly, she brought her hands up to clutch at his shirt. "What are you talking about?" She asked shyly. "I am home," she murmured, hiding her face in his chest almost as soon as she said it. It sounded ridiculous, and she bit her lip. Would he think she was ridiculous?

Atkin's heart swelled at Mallory's words. He never thought she would consider him home but he was glad that she did. He hugged her more tightly, bestowing another sweet kiss on her hair. "I know sweetheart. Unless you can sneak me inside the castle, you need to go back inside.", he teased, careful not to use the word home when he referred to the castle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back