Mission Impossible

Harriet Turner

Wand
Black Walnut/ Maple Wand 12 3/4" Essence of Silver Thistle
It was past curfew as Harri snuck out of the dorm in a pair of jeans and an oversized hoodie. Her and Ellie had agreed it would be less inconspicious if they went seperatly. As she ran out of the common room she felt like she had stepped right out of a movie...mission impossible to be exact. She hummed the theme tune under her breath as she tiptoed down the stairs, she was grinning like a cheshire(sp?) cat with every step. She was instantly reminded of the first time her and Ellie had met and sneaked out into the forest, she had to refrain herself from giggling, before she knew it she had arrived at the entrance hall, she sighed in relief, surely if she could make it this far surely they could go undetected to the 'secret place.' Suddenly she heard footsteps her heart beat excelerated as she jumped behind a pillar untill they vanished once more. She exited the castle and hid in the place her and Ellie had agreed to meet. She grinned rubbing her hands in glee and waited for Ellie to arrive, still humming mission impossible under her breath.

Ellie left her dorm room in jeans, converses, a Gryffindor Jumper and a red baseball cap and slid down the stairs into the common room. It was completely empty and Ellie was, for once, rather glad to see that.
As she reached the portrait she pulled it open as quietly as she could and stepped out, really excited! It had been ages since she'd done anything like this. Ellie grinned as she ran and ingored the Fat Lady's whispers to get back inside and that it was after curfew. Although it had been a long day, Ellie was bubbly and more awake than she had been for moths. She was going to meet Harri to go to their Special Place, and she had soo much to tell her! As she creeped along the corridors, She had to jump behind many Pillars and Knight's to stay hidden from passing teachers, but she finally made it to the place her and Harri had agreed to meet. Ellie grinned at Harri in silent greeting, she didn't want to talk and get them caught, as she knew her voice was always loud!

Harri almost jumped out of her skin as Ellie joined her she smiled and waved not wanting to talk in the eerie silence, it was completly pitch black outside as she looked out towards the gardens, she pointed away in a gesture for them to go their special tree, she ran doing a triple backflip feeling like she was on a special mission, she had to stop herself from bursting out laughing then and there. "I'm so excited!" she whispered.

Ellie grinned and followed Harri running out of the Castle. "Me too" She whispered back, a big silly grin on her face. "It's like the first time we done something like this, remember, the Forest" She said, laughing and remembering how they had been face to face with a beast and that they had ent up in the Hospital Wing!

"Course I remember! That was so fun!" Harri said silently laughing at the memory "Hopefully this time we won't make a detour to the hospital wing though!" she said grinning, "Is that the tree?" she asked pointing at a tree a little further off.

"Yeh if we can avoid that it should be great" Ellie said laughing and looking were Harri was pointing, "That's it" She replied with a grin. "Race you there" She added before sprinting off to the tree in the distance.

Harri laughed as Ellie proposed a race, she sprinted off overtaking Ellie "I've been practising!" she called laughing, and it was true, since Ellie had left Harri had been jogging alot more and it had really helped her, providing valuable thinking time and good exercise. She reached the tree unaware of who had one, "SHall we?" she asked grinning and leaning on the tree.

Ellie laughed as Harri overtook her, "Lucky you, i haven't been able to" She said. Ellie had really missed being able to fly, run about and all that stuff while she had been bed laden with Spattergroit.
"Yep" Ellie answered as she arrived at the tree seconds after Harri, "You can go first" She said with a grin, gesturing to the little hide out far up in the tree. "But we may need some light" She added, it was getting awfully dark and Ellie pulled her wand out and muttered "Lumos". Her wand lit up instantly!

"Okay!" Harri siad and began to climb the tree glad of the light issuing from Ellies wand, once or twice her foot stumbled but all in all she got into the space speedily, she laughed as she saw some empty sweet wrappers from last time, and as she lent back on the wood she traced over their names carved into the wood and smiled at the memories "I'm up!" she called pooking her head out and saying "Lumos!" so that Ellie would also be able to find ehr way up.

"Nox" Ellie said and pushed her wand back into her pocket. With a grin she placed her foot on the trees body and pulled herself up onto a strong branch. Ellie continued to climb, following the light she could see coming from Harri's wand, and she quickly found herself in her and Harri's Special Place. Ellie grinned as she looked around and found the spot were her and Harri's names were carved into the bark, with best friends under it!

Harri smiled as Ellie entered their 'special place' "Jeez I've missed this place!" she said truthfully, looking around the inside. "So, tell me everything that you've done since you left here!" she said laughing.

"Yeah me too" Ellie agreed as she played with the leaves around her, her eyes filled with excitement.
"Well, it's not really what I've been doing, I've been in bed for months, but.." She began with a sad sigh. "Dad and Lily got married over christmas and she's pregant" She said rather quickly. Trying not to think about Lily much.

"Ahh Ellie, " Harri said shuffling over towards her and putting an arm around her "Thats not good! But atleast you'll get another brother or sister!" she siad trying to sound positive. She didn't even want to tell Ellie about what was going on inside her head lately. "Is she really that bad?" she asked, though she knew she was.

Ellie smiled at Harri and nodded her head. "She's been acting all nice to me and everything since her and my dad got hitched, it's like she's trying to take my mum's place. It makes me hate her even more. I don't mind about the baby but, she only has two months to go and she found out it's a girl. I've always wanted a sister." She said with a grin. She wasn't to bothered about Lily, she could easily blank her out, it was just when Lily tried to order her around and give her into trouble, they would end up arguing and Lily's veela side would come out!
"And my Dad wouldn't let me go stay with my Granny and Granda when i was unwell, they've fallen out with him because of the whole Lily thing and moved to Spain. They tried to come back and get me but Dad was having none of it. Were getting on a lot better again now though" She told Harri, before asking, "So what's been going on with you?"

Harri grinned "See atleast you'll have a little sister! But what if its part veela?" she asked, as the thought suddenly hit her. "Well you can always go and visit them in spain can't you!" she said cheerfully. "And if your getting on with your dad better then things are bound to start looking up!" she said smiling broadly.
Harri mulled over the question Ellie had just asked her, she stared at her best friend for a minute wondering whether to tell her everything that had happened or just edit around it. She finally decided to tell her the important things. After a long pause she began, "Well my mum and dad split up," she said, this was good just cutting out the bad parts, like how badly she had taken it. "But my uncle and his wife are expecting a baby! Any day soon actually!" she said happily, she couldn't wait! "Andy left school, which was terrible!" she said sadly, it seemed so many people had dropped out recently, "And Zuka did her massive revenge on Mike, which was absoloutely hilarious!" she said grinning.

"Yeh that part will be great, Lily even said i could name the baby so i have a big list.." Ellie began before what Harri said hit her. "sh1t" She muttered. "I hadn't thought of that!" She said as tears formed in her eyes, she quickly wiped them away but, it wasn't that big a deal, really, considering all the things that had happened to her.
"Oh Harri" Ellie said, hugging Harri as she told her that her parents had split up. "And that's great about your Uncle and his baby" She said with excitement before her face fell. She remembered Harri had told her earlier that Andy had left, but she hadn't really taken it in and she sighed. "Why did she leave?" She asked.

"Wow! What are you going to name it?" Harri asked grinning, "No its fine really. I'm living with my dad in England, my mums moved to California with her boyfriend," she said the part about her mum with pure disgust. "But I'm so excited about my new cousin!" she siad grinning. "Andys mum got remarried and they wanted her to go somewhere else!" she said shaking her head.

Ellie thought for a moment. "Well my three favorites are Natalie, Tamsin and Clyde! I love Tiara and Darcy too though, what do you think?" She asked before sighing. "Aww I'm so sorry Harri" She said, giving Harri a weak smile and hugging her again. Why did bad things always happen to good people? Hearing the disgust in Harri's voice as she mentioned her mum she asked "You's not getting along then?" before shaking her head and sighing, again, sadly at how Andy's mum and mum's boyfriend had been so cruel as to make her move! "What is it with parents?" She asked, "Always maiking life difficult!" she stated, laughing.

"I love all of them!" Harri said grinning "Darcy's really nice," she said thinking about it. "Ergh no not at all. She has some little fantasy that I'm going to go and live with her and her boyfriend, whos probably young enough to be my boyfriend!" she said shaking her head "I am never going to visit her on my own! I would die! She'd have me kitted out in pink and trying to be perfect!" she said laughing. "I know! I miss Andy loads!" she said a little sadly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back