Misery Loves Company

Gabrielle Kovac

OOC First Name
Jessye
Wand
Willow Wand 12" Essence of Chimaera Scale
Gabrielle Snow let her baby blue eyes stare at the home she had come to know quite well over months that her and Colton and had been together as boyfriend and girlfriend. Usually she spent a lot of her free time here because she found it to be really peaceful and relaxing here. Particularly when she was spending time with Colton. He was so perfect at times that Gabrielle wasn't even sure how she could do anything without him these days, it was indeed becoming apparent that she was falling for him hard and fast. She knew it was wrong, oh so wrong. But it wasn't like she could control it. Everytime she tried to pull back and prevent herself from falling harder he did something that made her come right back around. That was why she didn't really want to do this. Not to Colton and certainly not to herself. Although she usually came just to hang out, she had come for a different reason today but it ended up turning into another big reason. Today was the day she was supposed to be just about five months pregnant with her and Colton's baby. The one that was a complete accident but Gabrielle fell in love with it the first time she saw it when she got her ultrasound to see how far along she was. The baby was so teeny and little and albeit the coldness Gabrielle held in her heart was strong, this love grew stronger. If anything it made her feel more attached to Colton as well. They had a bond that not everyone had and she was excited that he already seemed to be one of those really good future daddies. Even if he did look very nervous. A few days ago Gabrielle agreed that after her doctor's appointment today she would come over and tell him how the baby was and everything, then they would have dinner and she would stay the night. But then things got more more mixed up then she wanted them to get. While at the Doctor's office they ended up taking a long time trying to find the heartbeat and stuff. For a long time she wasn't sure if that was supposed to happy or not. The doctor also mentioned something about her being highly underweight for being as far along as she was. Gabrielle was a healthy weight normally, but she hadn't been gaining baby weight like she should have. Then they dropped the bomb entirely by telling her that the baby didn't make it, she had a miscarriage. At first Gabrielle was in disbelief. How could the baby have not made it after she felt it move just a few days prior to the appointment had been scheduled. Was her body just not strong enough? Was that Lefevre curse still in affect? They said that she wouldn't require surgery and stuff but she needed to take it easy. Which Gabrielle pretty much had said the hell with that. Instead of going to lay down and rest she went to Colton's. He needed to know and she didn't want to be alone.

Gabrielle brushed some of her bangs aside as she felt her low pony that she usually wore in her hair, still intact. A part of her hoped that he wasn't home so she wouldn't have to tell him yet. Let him keep feeling like everything was okay for just a little bit longer. But she knew he was waiting for her. Slowly she made her way to the door and placed her hand on the knob. They had been dating long enough for her and him to become used to her just walking in through the door and not waiting for him to answer the door for her. Slowly she opened the door and felt the rush of sadness she felt when she was first told about the miscarriage hit her. How was she going to tell him that the baby didn't make it? Gabrielle had yet to cry, she was just numb. But oh how she wanted to cry. She was just doing a good job keeping it in. Crying was a sign of ultimate weakness or so her mother said. But surely every women was allowed a moment of sadness for some overwhelming problem in her life. "Colton?" Gabrielle kicked off her shoes by the door and walked into the house, trying to find a sigh of her boyfriend. Where was he right now? Her lip started to quiver and Gabrielle pinched herself to try and tell herself that she needed to get through this. Once inside the living room she still didn't see him and a sigh escaped her. Maybe he really wasn't home. Maybe it would be okay for her to curl up into a ball and cry now. Then again what if he came home and saw her. Gabrielle wanted that baby so badly. Now what was she supposed to do?

Colton Kovac was actually home today. There was no hiding the excitement that he was feeling inside, that he was going to be a dad. He had once thought that it was just bad news, for him to be a father, but later on, he accepted it, and looked forward to it actually. It seemed almost perfect for him because it was just something that just fit for him. Healer or not, he was a family man in a way. One would just have to open him up to it actually. Colton was in the room that had nothing in it before today. After two coats of a light beige tone, something that looked down to earth, but not really a boy or a girl look, Colton was actually working on a nursery, but he had no idea it would all be for nothing. Gabrielle was almost five months along now, and they were half way there. Maybe he was a little up to schedule on things, but he preferred. He started thinking as he was assembling the crib. His thoughts went to Gabrielle, and he knew that he should have gone with her to the doctors, but he chose to stay behind in order to surprise her when she got home. Colton glanced down at the tools, and he knew that this baby had drawn the two closer together, and he realized that the feeling he received while on the boat during their trip after Adrian, Colton knew what he had felt. He had fallen deeply in love with Gabrielle. And the baby was just bringing the two closer and closer together, and it seemed like it was just getting better and better as time rolled on. The months slowly ticked by, but Colton did not even once mentioned that he loved her. He was scared actually, because she might not even love him in return. How could he be sure actually if she loved him in return?

Still working on the crib, Colton wondered when the right moment to ask her to move in with him. He did not know that things would end up badly after today, because he was expecting good news from the doctor. Colton did not brew anything to help with Gabrielle's condition, and he thought that since she was this far along, the baby would make it full term actually. Colton did not hear about the other symptoms or anything actually. Colton continued to piece together the crib, when he heard the door open and close. Gabrielle was home. Colton went ahead and used magic to assemble everything together. No matter what gender the baby was, he would love him or her to death. Not even meeting the baby yet and he was in love with it. Colton wondered if it was Gabrielle just adding onto that, or if it was that fatherly love developing so soon. He heard his name, and he paused with everything. That tone of voice had Colton worried. He stopped what he was doing, before he rose to his feet. He stretched his arms a bit, before he walked toward the living room, and once he arrived there, his brown eyes settled on the angel, Gabrielle Snow. Colton smiled a little bit, full of sweetness, and he murmured, "Gabrielle, how was the doctor's visit?" He was eager to have the news, but something about her was off. He could see it like he could see a unicorn in a barn. Something was out of the normal, and he was almost dying to know what was going on. What happened while she was out? He did not want to say what he was working on right now anyway. It was a surprise, but he would ask her to move in with him soon, but he did not know the right timing.

Gabrielle froze, slightly surprised when Colton showed up in the Living room. It wasn't that she was unhappy to see him and all, but she had thought that he wasn't home and she also thought that she would have more time to refrain from telling him the news about their baby that was no longer. His smile full of sweetness made the angelic blonde crack a quick and shy one of her own to grace the room with something other than bitter misery. It literally made her feel like her heart was going to break in two. He looked so happy right now that she felt like the most heartless human being in the world to mess that up for him. It was probably her fault that the baby didn't make it either, so it would be against her that his child didn't make it. It was like she was robbing him of the experience of being a father before he even had the chance to experience it. It only took Gabrielle a moment to realize that he had quickly picked up her being a little out of it right now. Now she was going to have to tell him or he'd start to worr-well he was going to worry about her after she delivered her news anyways. But if she didn't then he would worry himself to the point where he got it out of her anyways. Gabrielle refused to lie to him about the baby being healthy, it was dead for crying out loud! How could that even be close to being considered healthy? "Actually...I need to talk to you about that." She breathed out softly and stepped forward to very gently grab a hold of his wrist and pull him over to the couch. Once they were both over to the set of furniture she sat herself down on one of the cushions and pulled on Colton's wrist signalling that she wanted him to sit down with her. She felt that he would probably need to sit down after the news was delivered so she was preparing him for it earlier. But then again a part of her knew that she needed to sit down herself too. It was a lot harder for her than she ever thought it would be. How could her mother have dealt with this kind of feeling for years on end? This was the first baby that Gabrielle had ever lost and she was completely torn about it. She wanted that baby, she wanted it so badly and now it wasn't possible. It was bringing her and Colton together like a wildfire burned a forest. Now would they suffer together too? A hand came from and pulled the pony from her hair, wavy blonde locks fell around her shoulder and she decided how she would word this.

"I um..I..." Gabrielle tried to just bust it out. But it was so hard for her to come straight out and say it to him, a lump caught in her throat and she knew that it meant that she was feeling like she wanted to cry. She forced herself to hold it in though because she needed to tell Colton, she had to. Biting her lip one of her hands went out to brush some of her hair out of her face as she glanced down at her lap. "Colton....I lost the baby." She knew that he would understand what she meant. He was a Healer that worked with babies and pregnancy. He had to know what was going on with a women when she went and had a miscarriage. Once she had it out of her mouth she felt like the weight had been lifted off her shoulders. Only to become replaced by an even bigger one. Now he knew and she didn't know if she could even look at him this point. If she could see the reaction he had the moment the news came from her mouth. Her eyes stayed rooted to her lap and the pools continued to build up as she tried so hard to keep herself from crying. It was growing hard but she would force herself if she had to. "I went to the doctor's today and they said that they couldn't even h-hear the heartb-beat. I'm..really sorry Colton. I don't ev-" And before she knew it, the tears were so built up inside her eyes that they started to fall. A heartwrecked sob escaped the blonde. Gabrielle Snow was crying. She never cried, and she had never cried in front of Colton before. It had been a long time since she cried in front of anyone. Her hand left Colton's wrist as both went up to cover her face. God she hated crying, but she couldn't help it. She was heartbroken.

The moment that Colton had entered the room, he could see that Gabrielle froze, just a little surprised. Was she expecting him not to be home today? The happiness from his eyes was slowly fading into nothing short of complete worry. What was going on? Colton needed to know, and he did not even have the slightest clue of what had happened. Was the baby having complications? Did they spot a defect in the growth? Colton did not want to even think about the worst of what had happened, and then she breathed out that she needed to talk to him about it. His wrist was taken and then led to the couch. He sat down next to her, and turned his head to her. His face was confused, why did he need to sit down for this? He hoped that this was a joke, because it did seem to be rather serious, and it had him extremely worried but he chose not to show it actually. He did not want her to know that he was already worried about her. It really had his stomach turning into knots, because he was dying to know what had happened. Colton should have gone with her, he should have been there instead of working on the nursery for a surprise. Now he was just regretting it all, because of this, he could not be there with her to find out…whatever she was going to tell him. This was just growing to be more and more troublesome. Was it right, to even have a baby outside of marriage? Look at how he turned out. He was a spawn of two people not ready to be parents, thus he was given up to adoption. What if that was going to happen to the baby that Gabrielle had with him? Colton wanted the baby, but Gabrielle might not, and he would do anything for her. But the news was not to be taken lightly, and this the healer knew as he sat there patiently, and only when she began, but she just couldn't. Colton knew, the worst had come. He could feel it in his heart. 'I cannot have children...' Those words repeated in his mind from what she had said at Alyssa's wedding. Maybe she truly could not, not without assistance... Or not ever. Still, those words just repeated over and over again in his mind.

Those five words caused his hand to go straight to his mouth, from utter shock. He had fallen in love with the baby, from the moment that they had come home from their Florida trip. But maybe, he had loved Gabrielle too. Colton could not believe that she had to suffer through this. A miscarriage. That was what it was, and Colton knew what women went through when that happened. How could she ever not cry? It was coming, but she was not even looking at him. For a moment, Colton was afraid that she blamed him, for not having a strong enough seed to live the full term. He blamed himself actually, because he had put her through this, and then only to end in heartbreak. But then, she said that she was sorry. It was not like she had miscarried on purpose, and he did not once blame her. And then she was crying. He had never seen her cry before, and this was something new. Colton instantly put his strong arms around her, and pressed her head against his chest, comforting her. Colton closed his eyes, and only wished that this was just a bad dream. But nothing had changed. If only he could take the pain from her, or something but he did not know how to do that. Colton was just a healer, and he fixed physical problems, not emotional. Colton murmured, "Belle, you have nothing to be sorry for. It just wasn't time yet. I wish I could have been there... I wish I could help you." Truthfully, he could feel something in his heart, something squeezing it with an iron hand. It hurt, a lot. And he had never felt anything like this before in his life. What could be done? Silent tears flooded those dark brown pools, and before he knew it, he too was silently crying over the loss of their child. This was the first time he had ever suffered through something so large, but at least Gabrielle would not have to suffer alone. Colton breathed out, "I don't want you leaving me. I want you to stay here, please, and we can just... I wish I knew what to say to make things better." No words were ever going to bring that baby back to life. He or she was not even born, and losing the child that he had grown so fond of within the last few months was just gone, with a blink of an eye.

Gabrielle didn't tense or freeze at all when Colton put his strong arms around her, and pressed her head against his chest. He was comforting her and that made the tears fall from her baby blues even faster. She didn't like the fact that he was able to see her when she was at such a weak moment. Usually she was strong and stubborn enough to hold back sadness when she felt it. But she fell in love with the idea of being a mother and with her unborn child so it stung like a million wasps all over her body when she was told that it had died. If Gabrielle wasn't strong enough to even keep one alive full term how did she expect to ever give birth to and take care of an actual child like a mother was supposed to. Shivering against her boyfriend she literally felt her heart break more and more, she barely was even able to register his reaction to her news because she had begun to cry. The tears weren't delaying themselves either as they fell from her cheeks and onto Colton. His shirt would be drenched soon if she continued to cry like this while being pressed up against him. He used that nickname for her again that made her heart flutter for the smallest fraction of a second. Then it clenched again and Gabrielle's sobbing continued. As much as she loved the name Belle, it didn't fix the fact that she and Colton were no longer going to be parents. "It is my fault. I should have known better than to let myself get excited about this. My family has always had trouble having children but I thought that may-maybe I would be an exception. And you have been there and helped me so much, there's nothing more I could have asked from you. It just..wasn't meant to be I guess. I just wish I wanted it less." Gabrielle turned her face so that she could stare at the wall yet still keep her head pressed against. Sniffles and pitiful sounding sighs left her as she tried to control the crying. Even though it was so hard to keep them contained she wanted to so she could put on a brave face for the guy she loved. Yes Gabrielle was very sure now that she had fallen for him. Now wouldn't be the time she said it though, what if he didn't love her back and this baby thing made him change his mind about his feelings for her? Another sniffle left Gabrielle and her hand dropped down to her stomach. The saddest part was that the bump was still there. It would be a little bit before it returned back to normal. She would have to look at it until then and be reminded of the fact that she would never get to hold the baby, she didn't even know if they were going to have a little a boy or girl. But it didn't matter now because it was over with. "Are you okay?" Gabrielle's hand when to Colton's back and she rubbed it comfortingly. Although this hurt her and it was affecting her body, she knew better than to not think that this wasn't going to have Colton suffering as well. He probably wouldn't be all sobby about it though. If he was Gabrielle would start to cry again too. Moments clicked by and after awhile of silence the tears ceased but small sniffles still escaped the blonde. She remained cuddled up next to Colton too because he made her feel better but just knowing that she didn't have to go through this alone.

Colton breathed out that he didn't want her leave him, he wanted her to stay here. A sigh escaped Gabrielle and she nodded her head. "So it's alright if I stay the night with you then?" Normally she never needed to ask. If she ended up staying too late then it would be automatically assumed that she was staying over for the night, sometimes they fell asleep before it was realized and even from time to time she stayed so her and Colton could have an intimate night together. But tonight she didn't want to stay over if she was going to be a burden. The night would probably consist of a misery dinner, cuddling, and more crying until Gabrielle had to fall asleep. They had work tomorrow too. All the other workers at St. Mungos, particularly the older ones thought her and Colton were the cutest thing. They always fawned over the fact that Colton was settling down and going to be a father. How pitiful would their faces be when they heard that Gabrielle had miscarried. Would she be able to even work without crying her heart out, and what about Colton? He had to work with babies and pregnant women all day. How would this affect him? Gabrielle moved her head so that it was buried into Colton's neck where she breathed out. A stray tear falling from her eye. "This may be one of those rare times where I almost wish I could talk to my mother. She would know how to handle this. I suppose the only thing we can do now is...move on? Pretend like it never happened? I don't know, just...your not mad at me are you?" Gabrielle sniffled out and shivered. She didn't think he was mad or anything but she figured that if he really wanted this baby and it didn't make it, he could always hate her for it. She just needed to be assured that everything was going to be okay. Her heart would break in a million pieces if she lost him too.

The fact was, the two that appeared to love each other but never once admitted it were both crying over the baby that they had loved and lost, would never meet and would never know what type of person would it be. Colton was just crying, for the first time in his life, he was crying silently, because he had never loved and lost this hard before in his life, and he did not want to imagine ever losing Gabrielle. He never wanted to lose her because he knew that somehow, it would hurt more than this, which just made him cling onto her even more, bringing her onto his lap, because the closer she could be would not enough for Colton. He leaned against the couch and he still held her, still comforted her the best of his abilities. Nothing he could do would ever make her stop crying, but his own tears still escaped his own pools of brown just slowly, creeping up and escaping. He did not want her to blame herself, and just hearing that just made him want to hold her more. He shook his head, and he murmured, "No, it is not your fault, Belle. Next time, next time when we are ready to be parents, it will be time, and we can make sure that everything goes through fine. You were a mother to him or her, but you would never stop wanting it less. Your love...it is the most beautiful thing I have never seen. We just were not ready yet, it was not our time to be parents, that is all it was." Colton's words were full of reassuring messages, but yet, even he was uncertain about them. He would just have to get over it, and just move on. They were not ready to be parents, that was it, they were just not ready yet. He had to convince himself of that first, because he knew that he wanted that child into this world, more than he wanted to be the master healer of Saint Mungo's. Would they never have the child that they want in the future? Colton could see them as parents, but it would be a long road from here on out.

"I'll be fine when I see that smile back on your face, don't you worry about me," murmured the healer. Though as heartbroken as he was, he knew that anything he felt would not scrape what Gabrielle was feeling. Colton heard her ask if she wanted to stay the night, and he nodded lightly, before burying his face into her blonde hair, and as much as he wanted to ask her to move in, it was not so much right now. He did not want to have her alone, that was fore sure. He never wanted her alone during this, because it was a hard situation at hand. Colton knew that how he worked with pregnant woman and babies, it would be affecting him, but he never would know just how serious it would become. Colton just held her closer to him if that were even possible, as long as he was not squeezing the life out of her. That was one of the last things he wanted, but the absolute last thing he wanted from her was her sadness. He never wanted to see her like this again, and he would hope to save her from the pain in the future. "It would be fine. Gabrielle, when I said that you should stay, I meant for a while I mean... Um, until we can handle this situation at least." They worked together, he would get her things and bring them here, and once she was in a better mood, and so was he, he would ask her to move in with him. That would be the best option anyway. They needed some time to heal and get over this. Healers were supposed to heal things like this, but why couldn't he heal her? Why couldn't he save the baby? Colton almost begged with a higher being to just give him the power to save the baby, but it was already dead, it was too late for the baby. He wiped his eyes with the back of his hand, and he hoped that he did not look like a wreck. Colton nodded lightly, "Yes, let's just...move on. I could never be mad at you, Belle, I don't think I could live with myself if I were mad at you..." Colton smiled lightly, and he moved a bit, and pressed his lips against her neck before just nuzzling into her neck, and closing his brown eyes. At least he did not lose her...

No matter how many times her told her that it wasn't her fault, she still felt like it truly was because of her that the baby did not end up making it. It was her body that wasn't strong enough to nurture it and keep herself healthy enough to make sure that the baby survived and everything. Why exactly did her and Colton's child die though? That was what she kept asking herself as she tried make herself understand what had happened to make the child unable to make it through the next four and a half months. As she let the thoughts flood her a few more tears leaked from her baby blue orbs. She just wanted to understand so maybe if there was a next time in the works for her she would know what she did wrong, what she could fix, and maybe become the mother she had always wanted to be. Colton clung onto her even more and she breathed against him. Being with him like this was helping her recover from her heartbreak slightly because she knew that even though she didn't have the baby she wanted, she had him to be there for her. He ended up bringing her onto his lap and leaning against the couch with her still against him. Wrapping her arm around so that it went to the back of his head she laid her head in his shoulder and breathed in. He smelt really good but that was because she loved him, according to her mother people in love often preferred the scent of the one they had strong emotions for. He started to talk to her again and that began to lull her into a state of numbness. No longer was she feeling like she wanted to crawl into a ball and cry her heart out. But she did still feel awful and like she was missing a piece of her life. "I still feel like it is, I probably always will. A part of me sort of feels like...maybe I deserved this. For being so cruel to people when I was younger. And all the bad things I've done-" She paused for a moment and smiled softly. He knew what to say, he always did because her attention turned from beating on herself to something else. "Next time? Thanks Colton, this means so much to me." He would never understand how much it means to her that he was there. Comforting her and telling her things that she knew no one else would have enough heart to tell her. He had always been like that. Even from the very beginning he ended up taking care of her and showing her kindness that she always wanted. He was her everything. She loved him. Even though she knew she wasn't supposed to. Her heart yearned for him and craved him. Somehow and some way though, she was going to have to fall out of love with him too. But not right now.

"How could I not worry ab-Colton are you crying?" The blonde lifted her head and indeed saw that he was silently sobbing. Her lips puckered out and she had to resist the urge to not cry herself. Her head bent down and she kissed Colton softly but with such sweetness behind it that there was no way he couldn't feel the care and the feelings she had for him. After kissing his lips a second time she brought her hand up softly to wipe away the tears off his face before she buried her face into his neck and used her fingertips to massage the back of it. She felt him hold her even closer if that was possible but she knew that they were so tightly against once another that she swore she could feel his own heartbeat. He told her that he wanted her to stay with him for awhile instead of just the night and she raised a gentle brow. For a moment she thought he was asking her to move in with him. If he had asked that she would have said yes though, but this would work. Kissing his neck softly she cuddled into it and closed her eyes. Gabrielle was getting tired too. "I practically live here anyways, but I'd love to stay with you for awhile. Means more time to cuddle with you and stuff. Your awful comfy tonight by the way." Gabrielle was slowly drifting off to sleep. He was comfy and he was warm too, the room would have been a little chilly if it weren't for her and Colton being so close to one another. His last words about how he couldn't live with himself if he were mad at her. Then he pressed his lips against her neck softly. Gabrielle smiled softly as she feel asleep against her boyfriend. Screw what her mother said, this feeling her gave her felt great. Even if he probably didn't return the feelings.

Colton wanted nothing more but to cease the pain, both of which that was coursing through the veins of both beings right now. It was similar to an ocean wave, something so blue and pure, something so beautiful as the love between the couple, but the situation just left a bitter taste in the hearts, and the bitterness was the depression and sadness left behind as the baby's life came to an end. Without warning, because just days ago, the baby was moving around, everything was bliss and full of glee, and then there came the time when something dark swooped in without a hence of a warning, but then it left the two lovers devastated without even so much as a goodbye or anything to warm up to in order to prepare for such an event. Colton and Gabrielle would never forget this, no matter how hard each would try. Colton would constantly remember, and maybe this was a warning for the future. Colton did not want to think about it, as if infertility ran through her family, he did not want to think about it happening again. Colton might not even want children after this. Was it worth the pain that the two have suffered so? Was it worth it, the damage it does mentally and physically to the one that Colton now loved? Colton murmured, trying to soothe her into thinking that it was not her fault, it was still not her fault in his eyes, "Please don't feel like it is... I do not believe that one bit, because you have been too nice of a person, and have countered those bad things a million times over from the moment you became a healer and entered into my life." Colton breathed in a little bit, but it was a little shaky. His eyes were shut now, but the tears continued to fall. Why must he have to be so emotional, after years of feeling as if he never felt anything at all? How cold he could be to others' feelings, now his own were coming in full force, like a Reducto hitting him square in the chest and puncturing his heart. Colton was always going to be here for her, and he would never leave no matter what came up and what be the case. He was going to be there for her until the moment she said that she did not want him around anymore. Colton was truly attached, and he just wanted her to know - as a boyfriend and a friend, he would be here for her.

From the moment that Gabrielle meant something to him, the moment that he started to crush on her, Colton had been afraid to tell her, but once he had, it felt great. What about love? Colton loved her, but he was afraid that she would just freak out and reject him. Would she do that? How could one tell when the other loved him back? Colton opened his eyes when he heard her ask if he was crying, and Colton normally never lied thus why he did not answer. Instead, she kissed him with such sweetness and care, Colton returned the kiss with equal feeling. He did not know even then if she just had great feelings for him, or if she loved him. But he loved her. "Just a little bit..." Colton murmured, before he kissed her lips once more and for the second time. Colton just comforted her once more, and was so relieved when her touch wiped the tears of devastation away. How could he once thought that this woman was a b*tch? She was just emotional, and now, he could never see her as that woman again. He would forever know her as the Gabrielle, or Belle, that he fell in love with. Colton chuckled lightly, though the chuckle was not anywhere near touching any sort of humor or any sort of laughter that could come from this situation. It was laugh-less, there was nothing light about this. He whispered, "Thank you so much, you will have your own bedroom and everything, if you want." But by the time he finished this, he noticed that she had fallen into a deep sleep. Colton loved the feeling he received from this woman, even if she did not return the feeling, he just wanted to stay in this cloud nine forever. Colton waited for a moment, before he gathered Gabrielle into his arms, still sleeping and he stood up from the couch. Colton might not look it, but he could carry a being one so light as Gabrielle. He had to carry grown men before. So this was no problem. He took her to his bedroom, where he settled her down onto his bed. Colton let out a soft sigh, before he brushed the blonde hair from her eyes, and made sure that no tears remained. He managed to gain control of his own. Colton climbed into the bed next to her, and he wrapped his arms around her. Both facing the wall, Colton too fell asleep, cuddling Gabrielle softly. She kept him warm, and before he went to sleep, he was wondering how he could tell her the three words that made all the difference.

It was hours later when Gabrielle woke up from her slumber due to a strange nightmare. Bolting awake she immediately breathed out in relief when she glanced around and saw that she was inside of Colton's bedroom. In her dream she was alone though, and it looked as if she were in some sort of dungeon. Perhaps the dungeon where her mother kept enemies of the family and such. But in the dream she was alone and uncared for, which surprisingly scared her. After being involved with Colton with so long, then falling in love with him, her life felt somewhat out of sorts when she thought about no longer being with him. Letting her baby blues drift over she immediately recognized that she was cuddled up next to Colton. Last night he must have moved the two of them to his bedroom because the last thing she remembered was falling asleep in his arms on the couch in the living room, and then she wakes up in here. Not that she was complaining though because the bed was a lot comfier than the couch often was, she felt warmer in here too. Hopefully he had no issues moving her from the couch to the bed though because he didn't need to strain himself for her sake. If that was the case she would have preferred that he woke her up and let her move herself, but he looked fine as he slept. But it would appear as though Gabrielle wouldn't be falling back asleep anytime soon. The nightmare till plagued her mind and thoughts of her baby started to dwell there too. Her heart still hadn't healed from her loss and it was starting to affect her in more ways then just sadness and feeling mentally weak. Her body felt sore and she was pretty sure that her face was all blotchy and stuff from crying for so long, the look wouldn't leave anytime soon because she felt like she was going to cry again. 'I better get up before I wake up Colton.' She sighed softly and decided that she didn't want to wake him up. She leaned over and kissed his lips softly before her hands went up to brush away some of his brown hair. He looked exhausted so Gabrielle figured that both of them needed a day off work too. The news of the baby had put some stress on them and she didn't want him to go through the day seeing pregnant women and little babies after the news of his own. Gabrielle's hands softly drifted down and ever so carefully she removed Colton's arm from her body so she could sit up. Crawling out of bed, she made sure that Colton was still asleep before she tiptoed out of the bedroom, went to the door to grab her bag that she brought with her, and immediately headed for the shower. She thought that maybe a nice hot shower would not only make her feel better but help reduce how disgusting she looked this morning. After awhile of standing under the steamy hot water and using her favorite citrus scented shampoo, Gabrielle got out of the shower and immediately felt the difference. She felt so much better. Gabrielle dressed herself in a dark red dress and through a sweater on over that because she was cold. She also threw her hair back after she made sure it was dry to make sure it didn't get in her way. Once she did all of that and check herself in the mirror she noticed that she looked way better. Heading into the kitchen Gabrielle got to writing their boss and asking for the day off from work for personal reasons, then she would make breakfast for her and Colton. There would also be coffee since she knew he drank that stuff like crazy. When she got the word back that they were allowed the day off she decided that the day would be spent trying to cheer her boyfriend up. Everything was done a little before 9:30 so Gabrielle decided that she would wake him up and see how he was doing.

Heading into Colton's bedroom with cup of hot coffee and a warm cinnamon bun on a plate, she smiled softly when she saw that he still appeared to be sleeping. Setting the cup of coffee and the food on the nightstand she crawled on the bed and hovered over Colton. "Colton...wake up." Gabrielle said softly as her hand stroked his cheek softly. He looked so peaceful while he was sleeping so she assumed that he was having a peaceful dream. He almost reminded her of a small child with his innocence so she sort of felt bad for waking him up. Normally it was the other way around too. He was usually up before her because Gabrielle liked to sleep in a lot later then he normally did. But it was still early and she wanted him up this time. Being alone inside the house made her think too much and it would only be a matter of time before Gabrielle started to think about the baby. Kissing his chin softly she reached over and brought the cinnamon bun close to his nose so he could smell it, since it was warm the smell was strong too.

Hours had passed and everything seemed like a nightmare, but the Saint Mungo's healer knew better. Colton knew better than to really think that yesterday did not happen because it did. He was no longer going to be a dad, and he was no longer going to have Gabrielle be pregnant and have to go to the doctor on a baby that obviously would not carry longer than five months. Colton hoped that next time, he would be more careful, and maybe, one day in the future, a baby would survive full term. Colton wanted the baby to live, and wanted it to come back to them, but there would not be a miracle now. Colton wondered if it was a miracle the baby even lasted that long. He yearned for the baby to come back. Colton did not really have a dream, but his minds raced so much, it did not allow him much rest at all. Colton would probably take a long time to even heal from this tragedy, and he would probably go into his shell around strangers at work. No longer would they see the happy Colton with a small smile on his face. Things would slowly go back to normal for a while, before Colton could heal from this. Gabrielle might blame herself, but Colton wondered if the problem lay within him actually. What if he could never have a child? Colton did not know how he could live with himself if that happened. Colton wanted Gabrielle to have a family, what if she could have one better without Colton? Colton did not want to think about it, but when someone was this far down, how could one really be positive about anything? His eyes did not even open the moment that she kissed his lips softly. Even though inwardly, he smiled, but Colton was just knocked out right now. Depression really made a man sleep.

Tossing over to the other side now with Gabrielle up and awake, Colton was laying on the other side, one arm grasping his pillow and holding it to his head. His face was buried most of the way into the pillow. His brown eyes were shut tightly, and he could not even tell that he was really sleeping peacefully. He was having a rough time keeping awake, but he was also dreaming, dreaming a dream that he would never remember because he never remembered them. He was dreaming of his baby, and it was being taken from him by these people in white robes. Carrying away a baby that could not be seen as a boy or a girl. Gabrielle was following after them, but he was stuck in the spot. However, a voice called out through his mind, "Colton...wake up." Immediately, his eyes opened and he glanced up to see Gabrielle. He glanced outside to see how early it was, and well, it was rather early but it was what he normally called 'sleeping in'. She even kissed his chin, which he could just feel. He stared at her for a moment, before he blinked the sleepiness from his eyes. He murmured, "Good morning, Belle." It seemed like Colton was just stuck on that name now. It really fit her, and he called her that while no one else would. Well, as far as he knew about. Colton sat up on the bed, so that he was facing her, and one of his arms was supporting him. Colton glanced over to the nightstand, and he could smell the cinnamon bun, and he raised an eyebrow. She knew just how to treat a man. It was strong too, so it woke up his senses. Hopefully she fixed herself something too. Colton reached over for the coffee first, as per usual. The healer had to have his coffee. He smiled at Gabrielle, and well, he was just speechless that someone had done this for him. No one had ever done this for him in his life. Gabrielle was truly a treasure.

He awoke and used that nickname she was so fond of. That immediately lifted her spirits up just a little bit, she wasn't even sure why she liked the nickname so much but she did and she adored the way it sounded when he said it. Her lips curled up into a grin and she lowered her eyes down to the sheets for a quick moment. "Morning." She greeted. Gabrielle didn't really have a cute nickname for Colton because if she tried to shorten his name to Colt it would remind her of a baby horse. There was also no way that she was going to end up going around and calling him anything relating to a doctor either because she already found that awkward enough. So she usually just called him Colton. Every so often she called him a pet name too but they just didn't flow from her mouth well so she avoided calling him names all together. Gabrielle shifted softly when Colton sat up on the bed, so that he was facing her, and one of his arms was supporting him she was so glad that he was easier to wake up then she was. Of course he went for the coffee first, which never surprised her because that man was addicted to his coffee. Though she didn't blame him because sometimes coffee in the morning was really nice, even if she preferred lightly sweetened iced tea and such. Holding her hand out she summoned her own class to her and took a sip of the icy coldness. The ice cubes clinked against the glass of the cup and before she knew it she went her mouth begin to grow numb from the cold beverage. Deciding to set down her glass on the nightstand she moved so that she was sitting next to Colton, he felt really warm compared to her and if he wasn't busy drinking his coffee and eating the cinnamon bun, she would have cuddled up next to him. "So I contacted our boss and he's letting us both have a day or two off. I hope you don't mind, I just figured that..well...at least for me it would have been way too soon to go back there and stuff." She smoothed out her dress and let her eyes wander to the grey socks covering her feet, they kept her feet so warm that she had to admit they were her favorite pair to wear around the house. Her lightly tanned legs shined as sunlight peeked through the windows and for a moment Gabrielle wondered how she was going to move on exactly. Once the two days was up she would need to go back to work and she would need to face the fact that she had messed up somehow. People would notice that her belly was back to normal and she was no longer bestowing a small beach ball under her shirt. Then the problem of all problems would take off once she had to face her mother about all of this. Danielle was not the most understanding person in the world and sometimes she got to the point where people just got in her way and they all met their demise. Since Gabrielle was in love with Colton she didn't want her to hurt him. But no matter how much she tried to sling the L word around, it would do her no good. Her mother hated loved and always told Gabrielle not to fall for it, if she heard that her own daughter neglected her advice she would probably pop a blood vessel. Especially since Gabrielle was supposed to be the well behaved one. A few more moments passed by before Gabrielle sighed and pulled a piece of thick parchment from her pocket. Whether or not she thought it was ready she was going to show him anyways.

"I want to show you something." Her body turned and she unfolded the parchment. It was a copy of the main family tree that her mother had. Thanks to the help of Danielle's husband the tree was functioning a lot better than it ever had. It was probably easier to read than it had been ever, and it was what showed Gabrielle what she wanted to show Colton. Her finger started up near where her mother's golden lined name was and she traced her way down to her own name. Once she found what she was looking for she turned the parchment and moved over so that Colton could see easily. "This is a family Tree, it keeps track of the family members and stuff. This line right here leads to the baby, but the crossed off name represents that um..it's deceased. But it says right there that if the baby had made it..we would have...been having a girl. But more importantly, your name is on here which means...my mother knows about you." Which was quite strange really. As Danielle updated the tree herself, well the people that were not blood related to the Lefevre's anyways. The baby itself was automatically added. But to find out about Colton, her mother must have had her nose out there. This alarmed Gabrielle because now she feared that her mother was keeping a closer eye on her than she would have liked. Another name was steadily becoming brighter on the tree too, but it was a name of some female member that she had never seen or heard of before. Did her mother know about that person as well because the fact that her name was glowing meant that she was active within the family.

She seemed a little better which was good for the young Healer. He preferred her to be in better spirits, and after yesterday, the couple never seemed to have cried so much. Colton did not really think about the name that he had given her. Belle was just shortened from Gabrielle. Gabbie sounded much too childish for her, and Brielle sounded just plain weird. Though he did not mind that she did not have anything for him. His name shortened to equal Cole or something, but he didn't like that name because there was a dangerous man in his family, on his mother's side, that went by that name half the time. Colton just hoped that he would not try to come after himself, but he had no idea that his mother was already disposed of. Colton chewed lightly on his cinnamon bun and the coffee was working wonders for the man that rose from the bed early. Colton would have gotten out of bed, but his energy was not up yet, which was highly unusual for Colton Kovac. He was normally the first one up and the last one to fall asleep. Colton just did not want to get up and do anything today. Though when he heard that she had taken the liberty of calling their boss and letting them have a day or two off. He really did not want to go to work today. Colton finished off his breakfast and he smiled over at Gabrielle. She was amazing, and she knew just what he needed, which was a day or two off of work. Where he handled children and pregnant women, it would be all too soon for him. Colton murmured, "Thanks, so much. I really need to just...stay home for a while at least." Colton was glad that he could just lay in bed for the time being which would be rather relaxing and a change for him. He took a sip of his coffee before he set it down and he then remembered that he needed to brush his teeth before he would do anything else. Morning breath was one of the worst things he could ever imagine. He told her that he would be right back before hopping out of the bed and going to the bathroom. About four minutes passed and Colton settled back into the bed, with a minty fresh feeling that woke him up a little more. Though he would have to wait a bit before drinking anymore coffee or else it would just taste awful. Instead, he took his time to kiss Gabrielle just lightly on the lips to thank her for everything she is doing for him. Colton could have gotten no luckier when he landed Gabrielle. He was still amazed that they have been together for so long. And now that he had fallen for her though in denial, one would not have expected this from the isolated man.

Gabrielle said that she wanted to show him something, and Colton nodded in agreement that he would see whatever she had to offer. Obviously it was something important because she had sighed just moments beforehand. Colton sat up completely so that he would be able to see the parchment that she was showing him. Though his brown eyes did not at first look at what she was pointing at, but it was staring at the entire thing. It looked like a family tree, and this was the first one that he had ever seen. He had heard about them, but he never seen one before. Colton was rather intrigued by it before his eyes finally landed on what she was pointing at, which was a name with a golden line written around it. And then she explained that it was the family tree and kept track of things probably with magic. Then he saw their baby, and the name was crossed out. They were going to be having a baby girl. Either gender would have struck Colton in the heart, and made him feel as small and miserable as an atom. Colton was just shocked, and then he noticed that his name was indeed on the parchment. He did not understand what exactly it meant that her mother named Danielle knew about her. Colton glanced over at Gabrielle and rose an eyebrow. He did not really want to say that he was really disappointed that they were having a baby girl. Colton did not really understand the concepts of the tree but he would just go along with it. Then a question crossed his mind, one that he would probably end up regretting to ask, but he had to know though. Colton shifted himself on the bed once more to get a little more comfortable, before he would ask the question. He no longer looked at the family tree because the rest of the members did not really mean anything to him. He did not know them, and would not care to know them unless they were important to Gabrielle. That was the only way he would even bother with family actually. Breathing out, he asked, "Is it bad that she knows about me?" Then he remembered what Yvo and Adrian said about the type of family that she was from. The Lefevre's were full of murderers and stuff, and though he did not see the big deal with it because every family had their own thing. Colton was just now wondering if either the Lefevre or the Snow family would try to take Gabrielle from him after the whole miscarriage thing. Would they see him as unworthy? Colton wondered but hoped that it would just not be true at all.

There was no way her heart couldn't melt after he told her that. "Anything for you." Gabrielle grinned softly before she leaned over and kissed his cheek and rested her head against his shoulder lightly. He breathed smelled so good because he had just brushed his teeth. There was so many days where Gabrielle sat and wondered how miserable her life would have been if she had never met him and they hadn't gone on that date that they went on. And as weird and awkward as it sounded, them accidentally sleeping together on their first date because that was what really connected them and brought them to want to see one another again. But honestly she swore that it was the first moment they met in the Hospital. When she was in hysterics and he had come to her aid. Though she was extremely harsh and stuff to him, her fate had been sealed the moment she agreed to let him help her to check and see if she really was or wasn't pregnant. When Colton asked if her mother know about him was a good thing or not and Gabrielle sighed against his shoulder as her thoughts organized themselves out neatly. That was one day she was truly fearing and that was having Danielle meet Colton. It could go either way and there was always the chance that her mood would be bitter and there could be utter disaster caused from it. "Honestly Colton, I'm not sure. My mother is a particularly hard person to try and understand.You can't let her know if your afraid of her though, she happens to be a huge fan of mentally terrorizing people. If she likes you though, it's really good...but if she doesn't. She could very well decide to kill us both out of spite. But..if I can help it...I won't let her get to you." She told him softly as she returned her head to laying on his shoulder. Gabrielle knew how to handle her mother but she wasn't sure if she could completely save both of them from her mother's angry wrath if the woman so chose to act against them and the mistakes they have made.

</I>
A Few Months Later...​
<i>
</i>
<I>Gabrielle opened the front door to Colton's home and closed it behind her gently. She took her sandal's off of her smooth feet and left them by the door while she then headed into the living room. It was pretty nice outside right now so she was wearing some shorts and a thin sweater on, but since the inside of Colton's house was chilled it made her legs feel a little cold. If she got too cold though she would just climb into his bed or steal his blanket for a few hours. Which she figured that he wouldn't mind because he pretty much allowed her to do whatever she wanted and stuff, and today was a particularly special day for them too. Well for one it was Gabrielle's Twenty-first birthday but she didn't really consider that to be special at all. Instead the one thing she was looking forward to actually celebrating with Colton was the fact that today was their one year anniversary. Starting today they had both been together for an entire year and Gabrielle could honestly say it felt like it had flown by, but it was a perfect year nonetheless. But it was tonight and though neither one of them were sure how they were going to spend it exactly Gabrielle figured just a nice night at home or whatever would work nicely. "Colton are you here?" Gabrielle peered into his bedroom and saw no one. Either he was lurking somewhere around the house or he was at work or the store, or well, somewhere other than here. She wished he would show though. After the little visit with Kalina where she pointed out that she could see that they loved one another, all that had been on her mind was wondering what Colton was going to say to her and how she was going to express to him how she felt. Though she knew she wasn't supposed to be in love with him, she no longer cared. If her mother wanted to fight about it with her then so be it. Gabrielle couldn't control how she felt so she wasn't going to try to. But she had to find some way to tell him, she was bad at these things so hopefully she wouldn't mess it up either.

Slinking over to the Fridge she hoped Colton wouldn't mind if she ate some food, she was starving. And there happened to be a bunch of tasty looking blueberries in there that were just calling her name. Hopefully Colton forgot about her birthday too because she would rather just focus on the two of them instead of her, she hated her birthday anyways because twenty-one made her feel so old. Popping a blueberry into her mouth Gabrielle headed over to the couch in the living room and sat herself down before she folded her legs, why the hell did she wear shorts?!

--On the first year anniversary, Colton was actually out doing a little bit of shopping before buying someone a certain present, a necklace laced in silver, with a silver heart decorated with small diamonds. It was pretty but he did not think that it suited Gabrielle's beauty, but it was the best he could think of anyway. Colton also ran out of some coffee so he had to get that, and some food that he knew Gabrielle liked as well. Tonight was the night that he was going to ask her to move in with him without fear of being rejected. Why would she object to something like that when she spent most of her time here anyway? Stepping through his front door, he gazed from side to side to see that the house was quiet, but it was not entirely quiet as he could hear some footsteps. That was good news because it meant that Gabrielle was already here so it saved him from having to owl her and get her over here. She was already here so it just made things so much easier on the young Healer that was head over heels in love but was just afraid to tell anyone just yet. Not many would have been able to tell if he was easy to fall for, but he was falling further and further in love, and no one could stop the drop. It was inevitable. Gabrielle was just too easy to love and to cherish as well.

--The Healer walked to the living room and he saw his love in there, sitting on the couch. She was wearing shorts and he smiled over at her. His gift to her was hidden safely in his pocket so that she could not see it or even suspect it just yet. "Hi Belle, um, let me take the groceries into the kitchen and I'll be right back." Walking along, he hurriedly put the groceries up, and he had the small jewelry box in his hand. He went back to the couch and he sat down next to Gabrielle and he handed her the box before he murmured, "Happy Anniversary." A soft tone but there was more to the words than one would really realize. He was so happy that they have lasted for this long. He never would have thought that he would have been in a relationship for this long, ever. He never really been in one anyway. There was the best friend issue but that was something completely different as well. They were not boyfriend and girlfriend. They were not really anything special at all actually. Colton let out a soft sigh and he popped a question, "Gabrielle, I've been doing some thinking, and I think that it would be really lovely if you were to move in with me, permanently." It was a big step for the young Healer, asking her to move in with him. He was normally never this open or anything with anyone, and asking her to move in was a large...obstacle for him.

Gabrielle turned her eyes towards the door when she heard it open and someone step inside. Finally Colton was home and she could spend the rest of the day with him. But she didn't call out to him just yet because she wanted to fetch his anniversary presents. Which she knew he would absolutely love because they had spoken about them on various occasions. One of the presents was a book on every single healing plant there was out there, it also contained some potions to brew with them as well some space in the back for notes and everything else he could need for his medicine making. There was also a necklace, and finally an extremely comfy pair of pajama pants since she knew he was overdue for a new pair anyways. In fact they were so comfortable that she was pretty sure that Colton had better keep an eye those pants from time to time because she would snatch those pants up so quickly to wear for the day. Even if they didn't fit her and she'd constantly have to pull them up, it didn't matter because the material of them was really really comfortable against the skin. Gabrielle wore his shirts from time to time when she was too lazy to look for her own clothes and those were big enough on her as it was, maybe she better leave his pants alone. Finally Colton walked into the living room and Gabrielle's sky blue eyes drifted over to him lovingly. He looked so handsome and it seemed like he grew more and more attractive with every single passing day. "Hey, hurry back." He said he had to put Groceries away so she could wait. Her mind was already wondering off to what he had bought for groceries because he really knew she liked to eat. He was gone not even more than ten minute's and then he returned back into the living room. He didn't even hold back before he went to the couch, sat down next to her and held out a little box. He had gotten her an anniversary present. Biting her lip to keep from showing that she was not much more than a complete girly girl who happened to be head over heels in love and just utterly ecstatic that the love of her life bought her a present. Before opening the box though she handed him the back that contained his gifts and smiled softly. Then she got to work on opening the box he had given her. It took a moment because she wasn't sure that she completely wanted to ruin the box either. Then once she did get the box open she smiled a soft smile that was so pretty and truly real that one almost might not recognize it on her face, except for Colton. "Colton, it's so pretty. Thank you! Happy Anniversary, can you believe it's already been a year and a half since we met one another?" Gabrielle asked softly as she unhinged the necklace and put it around her neck before she re-hinged it again. Her fingers gently ran over the heart and if there was ever a time she wanted to tell him how she felt, it was right now. The heart necklace he gave her, hopefully it meant that she held his heart. And she would never take it off either.

Gabrielle leaned over to kiss his cheek softly, her lips gracing his smooth cheek for a second or two. Then she pulled away and put her hands back in her lap. Hopefully they would get to cuddle or something tonight because she wasn't sure of she wanted to smother him with affections right now. Since it was their anniversary she figured a nice dinner and some cuddling while they watched a movie was perfect. Other events may or may not happen after all of that but she would be happy no matter what they did. So long as she was with him and they were both in perfect health. But it was after Colton let out a soft sigh that he asked her a very serious question. He actually wanted her to move in with him permanently. Her pale hands left the necklace that was around her neck and she widened her eyes carefully. Move in? Well she practically lived here for the most part anyways. But this was a huge step in both their lives. "Oh Colton, I-" She paused for a moment to think about what she was going to say. It probably sounded like she might say no but she was just really scared. Gabrielle tucked a strand of hair behind her ears and she bit her lip and let her eyes gaze into his. "Are you really sure this is something you want Colton? This is a huge step, for both of us. I almost feel like I'd be intruding in on you." Gabrielle stated with a soft voice. But it held sweetness in it that almost made it sound like she was going to be saying yes, or going to cry. But Gabrielle didn't feel like she was going to. Her heart was just so happy. Moving in with him would be like a dream. She just wanted to make sure that was what he wanted and wasn't just saying it to keep her happy.​
<i>
</i>

--Colton was just amazed that it had been so long since their first meeting, the first encounter that changed his life pretty much. Well, the second encounter did really. The first encounter was not anything special actually because she was upset and he was just doing his job. It was the second encounter that changed his life. And because of her, she saved him from working himself to death which would have been inevitable. Colton Dalek Kovac had never been happier than the moment he had asked Gabrielle Snow to be his girlfriend. Colton could not have asked for a better girl, and though their first child miscarried and the past was behind them but the pain still followed close behind the two, Colton thought that as long as he had her, everything would be all right because that was one thing that he never wanted to lose and that was her. It did not matter what she was wearing actually because she was beautiful in everything he saw her in. Colton did not even expect her to get him anything for their anniversary. In fact, he hoped that she would not be expecting anything because that was the best type of gift, a surprise that is. At least the groceries were enough in the house to feed a family of five, with a variety of things. They had things even from the school of Beauxbatons. It was a wonder why Colton did not have a house elf to do all the work for him, but his views on elves and creatures were rather vague. He never told anyone what he thought on them, and probably never would because there was truly nothing about it. He liked to do things himself. He did not like it when other people did things for him with the exception of Gabrielle because she did it out of the niceness of her heart, and not out of obligation. Once she had retrieved the box, Colton was surprised when she handed him a bag, and he could not help but feel fresh blood run up to his face and cheeks, flushing them with a slight red hue. He had never been given presents before as far as he was aware. Colton reached inside and he got out the necklace first, and he smiled, "Wow, this is...this is so cool." And then when he got the book out, he could not help but feel a little overwhelmed. He was speechless at the gifts. Instead, he just kissed her lightly on her lips to tell her thanks. It worked and plus, he loved kissing those perfect lips. They felt right, and this was Gabrielle too so it worked either way.

--"You are welcome, and I thought that it would suit you. I am not good at jewelry so the man behind the counter helped me out. I cannot believe how time really flies, but I guess that is how it is when you are happy," softly said the Healer with a warm smile on those nude lips. Though the trip into the jewelry store was something to remember because he could have sworn that the man behind the counter was checking him out at one point and it really freaked him out. The man even tried on the necklace, but Colton made sure that the necklace was disinfected before he gave it to Gabrielle. It was maybe the most awkward thing that he had ever come across in his life, and maybe after tonight, he would just tell Gabrielle what happened to him at the jewelry store. Colton really did not think that he looked that good, and it should have been a confidence booster, but it was still creepy all the same. The question still remained right now on whether or not she would move in with him. He wanted that more than anything other than her love actually. He wanted nothing more but her to love him in return for his love. But he did not know how to retrieve it yet. However, the question was soon answered but not in a yes or no fashion. There was a pause, and to the Healer, it felt like an eternity. Then it was followed with a sentence, and Colton thought that the softness meant that she was practically saying yes. Colton nodded and he smiled, "Yeah, I am sure. I've been thinking about it for some time now, and thought that it would be best for us both. You practically live here now, but well, I want you to be here...all the time. But it is completely up to you though." Colton did not want to pressure her into something that she did not want to do. He wanted to her decide to move in or not all on her own, from her own free will. Colton made sure that his expression showed that he only wanted the best for her. After the loss of their child, he just wanted to spend some time with her. Alone time, at his house, without any bother. It was the only thing that was keeping him stable, and that was Gabrielle.

Gabrielle was so happy that Colton liked his gifts and eagerly accepted the kiss from him. It allowed a huge weight to bet let off her shoulders because she wanted to give him a lot of things. If she could she would give him everything, herself even. 'Okay, please tell me I did not just imagine myself being Mrs. Kovac. Dangerous grounds, I need to shape up.' Gabrielle shook her head and lightly pinched herself on the thigh. To remind herself that marriage was even further out of the question than being in love was to her. Because then things like divorce and stuff came into play and she never wanted to experience that either. Plus when she said give herself to him there was no reason for her to be thinking about marriage either, it was just wrong, completely wrong. Gabrielle would need to be with someone for a long time before she even would consider having a family with them in the first place yet her and Colton were going around and almost had a child before they even hit the one year mark. They were breaking all the rules with one another and Gabrielle felt like she was losing control of herself slowly. Her mind was being overtaken by her heart and instinct. Common Sense didn't even seem to exist anymore and it made Gabrielle nervous that she would do something stupid and ruin her and Colton's relationship. When Colton talked about time flying when you are happy Gabrielle decided against now ravishing him and carefully crawled so that she was straddling his lap and her body was facing him. Her arms lifted to wrap around her his neck so she could lean in to give him a passionate kiss. "Colton I love you-your gift. Yeah your gift, it's so pretty! Thank you so much...I'll never take it off." Gabrielle kissed him again and while she looked away for a moment she bit her lip and wanted to scream and throw the ultimate hissy fit. Where the hell did that come from? If Gabrielle hadn't added on that last little bit he would have been told that she loved him. Hopefully he did not think anything of it and he didn't catch on that she had messed up. Her emotions were so iffy and she was so happy to be with him that it kind of just slipped out. What if he didn't love her back? Her heart would feel so shattered and broken.

"Colton, I'd love nothing more than to move in with you. I love it here and I love spending time with you, this makes it just that much easier to see you every day." Gabrielle leaned down and kissed his neck softly as she laid her head down on his firm shoulder. He smelt really good and he felt really warm. Hopefully he was just as happy as she was that they would be moving in together and everything. After their anniversary was over she would head home and pack up some of her stuff to bring here. Like the rest of her clothes and stuff she would really need. But right now she just wanted to spend the rest of the day with him, possibly the night too if. Well probably the night because this was her home now. But after dinner Gabrielle planned for the rest of the night to be as completely romantic as it had been so far. "Will we share your room though or sleep separately?" Why the sleeping arrangements had come to mind she didn't know, although she figured he might give her another room, what if she wanted to cuddle with him during the night? Would he let her or was she forbidden from it? Gabrielle buried her face into his neck and sighed. How had her life gotten to be so beautiful and happy for her?​
<i>
</i>

--Colton would have been glad not to be a Legilimens right now, because of what Gabrielle was thinking, but that would not have frightened him. Sure, he had thought of marriage, and he thought that Gabrielle would have been the one for him. The right girl, he could see himself marrying her, but could she see herself marrying him? Colton had only thought about this once, and the moment he did, he brushed the thought aside, thinking it being way too soon, and he wanted to know right when would be the perfect time to ask her to be his wife. And that time was not anywhere near the present right now. Colton did not want to rush into things, but they were very close to having a family started all together. However, it was something else because marriage would be inevitable in a family. Would he soon make Gabrielle Snow...Gabrielle Kovac? It is possible, but he did not really want to see that happen right now in his mind. It was the furtherest point in his mind, as he had been focused on asking Gabrielle to move in with him, because he loved her and wanted her around him all the time. However, Colton was quite surprised when Gabrielle started to straddle him in a very provocative manner, and it was a good thing that Colton was a decent man or else he would have taken advantage of this, rather than just looking at her, and placing his hands on her waist gently. She gave him a passionate kiss, and the Healer gave in so willingly, the kiss was very amusing, and warm. He loved it, though he loved her as well, but that did not make a difference to the Healer. The more he saw of Gabrielle during the time of his life, the better.

--Though it was her words that brought a lot of confusion to his face, for a split second. He heard that she loved him, and then said his gift. She would never take it off, but he had caught her slip up. However, he remembered what she had said in Saint Mungo's on how she never believed in love, and went by that. He just smiled at her, and he thought that she looked stunning in her new necklace. She had kissed him again, which he had eagerly responded with a kiss of his own. He loved kissing her lips, the feel and the taste. The feeling he received the moment the connection was set. And then there was the approval that she would move in with him, and he beamed, his expression nothing short of pure happiness and admiration. He exclaimed softly, "That is great! I love spending time with you too, and I think we would get along long enough to make moving in a piece of cake." Colton chuckled lightly, and he cuddled with her, laying his head on her blonde head. She was just the perfect girl, and he would never want to leave her. He wanted her with him, always and forever. Though when she asked about sleeping arrangements, his thoughts completely went blank. Well, she could have her own room, her own bed and everything so that she could have her privacy if needed, because that was what girls needed, right? Their own space? Colton thought for a moment, and he murmured, "I think you should have your own room, but you are welcome to sleep in my bed with me anytime you wish." He was not going to be kicking her out of his room, that was for sure. He never wanted that to happen. And now, they were officially a couple that were living together.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back