Alternate RP Misconceptions

This is a roleplay outside of the site's canon.
Jai laughed at how Chal teased him. "Oh, throw me up, I will try to do that!" he still laughed and lightly kissed Chal's cheek. "But I think that one prince for me is enough," he put his head back on boys shoulder. Jai hadn't felt so good with someone since he transferred, it was almost unbelievable how fastly they got attached to each other.

Chal laughed lightly. His breath caught as Jai kissed his cheek. He turned his head, nuzzling his nose into Jai's neck. "You know, Jai, um... What are we?" He asked softly, hiding his face. He was almost afraid of the answer. He brought his arms down, wrapping them loosely around the younger boy.

Jai would lie if he said that Chal nuzzling in his neck wasn't the cutest thing he had ever seen or felt. "I had the same question," Jai lightly chuckled and then it took him a second to finally get his confidence. "If you... I mean, only if you want to, like if you are sure. Alright, i-if you want t-to, I would w-want you to be my ugh, boyfriend?" Jai was even more scared about that, what if he said no? What if he had just messed everything up?

Chal was quiet, listening as Jai stuttered his way through a sentence. When the other boy has finished speaking, Chal laughed lightly. He couldn't keep from smiling. "I would like that," he murmured, bringing a hand up to turn Jai's chin so that Chal could kiss him. "I would really like that."

Jai got a bit confused when Chal laughed, he seemed happy or wasn't sure how to react? And as he said that he would like to be Jai's boyfriend, younger boy sighed in relief and leaned it to kiss his boyfriend. "I can't believe how lucky I am to have you," he whispered after the first kiss and leaned in for a second, moving around to be on the top of him so he doesn't feel like his neck is going to break.

Chal smiled, brushing Jai's hair back as the boy shifted on top of him. "I think you have that backwards. I'm lucky to have you," he corrected, brushing his fingers lightly over Jai's jaw. "Do you want to... Go on a date then? Friday?" he asked, smiling shyly.

Jai smiled at what Chal said. "Oh, look we even fight like a expierenced couple, we are lucky to have each other," he took Chal's hand as he was brushing over Jai's jaw and kissed Chal's fingers. "Absolutely, we can't just skip all that date and flower part," boy laughed and rested with his ear on Chal's chest, quietly listening to his heartbeat.

Chal laughed lightly, turning his hand so that he could intertwine their fingers. Chal sighed softly as Jai rested on his chest. He conjured a small blanket, tucking it in around Jai before relaxing against the wall. He smiled, shutting his eyes and running his fingers through Jai's hair. "I'm always going to take care of you, okay?" he promised softly, thinking back to how they'd met. Jai seemed to draw trouble. Maybe that was why he had drawn in Chal.

He shut his eyes, enjoying the sunshine and the warmth of Jai against him. His life felt... different, now, and for the first time he actually had a little bit of hope. Jai had only been around for a few months, sure, but it was like his life had taken a turn for the better. Chal started to doze off, his fingers stilling. Ruby loved Jai. They were all almost adults. Maybe Chal should consider life after school.

Jai let him interlock their fingers and as he did that, Jai put their hands up and kissed Chal's hand. And with that blanket, he couldn't help but but lightly rub his head against his boyfriend chest, until Chal started to play with his hair. "Oh Chal, I am not a troublemaker," Jai surely did attract problems but he couldn't help but lightly giggle not meaning anything bad. He absolutely loved all the boy's attention and especially this promise.

Jai was almost falling asleep as it didn't require him a lot to do so. "Don't let me sleep, I will exhausted the whole day then," he half joked and turned on his side to get more comfortable for sleeping, and with that lightly pressed a kiss on Chal's chest.

Chal chuckled lightly, letting the boy shift to be comfortable. "No, but you're a magnet for trouble," he countered, shutting his eyes. He smiled softly as Jai said not to let him sleep. "Well unless you plan on moving, my sweet, we're napping," Chal yawned, settling in and running his hand lightly up and down the line of Jai's spine. He was half dozing already. "I'm going to steal you friday night, okay?" He told the other boy, holding him closer.

Jai laughed and gave a light nod. "That sounds more like me but I swear I don't do it on purpose!" And then he lightly shook his head, as Chal yawned, Jai did it too as in a chain reaction. "If you say we're napping, then we are napping," he lightly reached up to give other boy a light kiss on his lips and after that rubbed his eyes with fists. "Steal me whenever you want, you can do that even every day and I won't get bored of that," he already sounded sleepy and after the talking he yawned again and got confortable on Chal.

Chal smiled softly, kissing Jai back easily. He wasn't awake for much longer, content to be cuddled up with his boyfriend.
~~
Chal had been setting this up all week. He had slipped up to the towers, making sure everything was ready. There were candles everywhere, lightly scented. There were bouquets of flowers everywhere; all of them were laced with meaning.

White lilies; my love is pure. Daisies; I love you truly. Apple Blossoms, I prefer you before all. Red Carnations, My heart aches for you. Cornflowers, Be gentle with me. Honeysuckles, devoted affection. Red Tulips, I declare my love. Hyacinths, Your loveliness charms me. Yellow pansies, Thinking of you.

There were dozens of others he thought he could use, but he'd thought it was better to start smaller. He had told Jai to dress nicely, and had dressed up himself. He'd even scrounged up an old enchanted radio, and spent a good hour tuning it to find a classical music station he liked. He was just waiting for Jai now. Chal ran a hand through his hair, nervous. Would this be too much?

Jai was sure he had never felt so stressed about some meeting. No! It wasn't just some meeting! It was his first date! With Chal! Everything had to be perfect! He couldn't mess up, not now. When he came over, it would be a lie to say that Jai was already freaked out, cause it was way worse. He felt like he was going to faint but the thought about accidentally ghosting Chal made him stay upon his legs. He tried to read everything the flowers had on but he was distracted by his boyfriend. Jai did dress up nicely but after seeing Chal, he started to think that it wasn't nice enough. "Hi there," he came over and kissed Chal only if the older boy didn't stop it, but before coming over, he looked around. "This place.. it looks wonderful," he whispered and leaned back. "How much time did you spend getting this all ready?" he moved to the first flowers to read the notes on them, not holding back the smile.

Chal chuckled, kissing Jai back easily. "Hey there yourself. You look handsome," he murmured, watching the boy wonder around exploring a bit and reading the meanings on the flowers. "Oh, that's my little secret," he laughed lightly, turning the music up a little as Jai seemed to finish with the notes. "The sun will set soon," he murmured, looking out to the sky before turning back to Jai with a shy smile. "Would you dance with me?" he asked, holding out a hand for his boyfriend.

Jai looked at himself down and then gave Chal a shy smile. "Why thank you!" and continued his way to read everything. And when the older boy didn't want to answer his question about the time, Jai laughed too. "That's fair," he smiled and then moved towards Chal. "It would be my pleasure, darling," he accepted the hand and got closer to him. "I am ready to miss the sunset if it means that I will be able to enjoy my view of you, you're amazing Chal," he surely was enjoying their time together, he was enjoying having a Chal all to himself. If not counting Ruby.

Chal's heart fluttered as Jai came closer, taking the boy easily into his arms and starting to sway along to the music. He smiled fondly, keeping Jai close. Chal leaned in, pressing a gentle kiss to Jai's lips before laying his forehead to Jais', settling his hands gently on the smaller boy's waist. "I love you, Jai," Chal murmured softly. "I thought for the longest time that it would only ever be me and Ruby. I was hers, lost in the shadow of her sun. I never expected that anyone would see me," he smiled, leaning in and pressing another kiss to Jai's lips. "You are my home," he whispered, holding Jai closer.

Jai surely wasn't the best dancer but he tried his best, for Chal. Cause Chal deserved only the best. He answered to kiss softly as he was scared that something would happen to them like his life was based on that, he was scared that the moment would fade away and both of them will be in the same hole they both were before they found each other. And then he said those words, Jai smiled softly as he listened to everything Chal said next. "I love you," he had sworn to himself that he would never say that he loved someone back just because he wouldn't want to hear that himself, it almost sounded like they were agreeing with him. "When I say I love you, please,
believe that it's true.
When you hear my heartbeat,
know that it's just for you.
When I say we're forever, please,
know there will never be,
Another person in this world
Who worships you like me.
" Jai didn't know who wrote the poem but it was beautiful and it stayed in his mind pretty good, so he read the poem to Chal in a pretty quiet voice and after that kissed him again.

Chal's breath caught as Jai recited a poem to him, unable to help but laugh softly. He held Jai close, kissing him sweetly as the sun set around them. He knew that whatever happened, he would always want Jai in his life. Chal had never thought about soul mates before, but he couldn't help but think of it lately. He was Jais' and Jai was his. Chal knew that was something that would never change.

--

The long break came quickly, and Chal's sixth year at school came to a close. He and Ruby found themselves in something of an... unstable home, but it was a roof over their heads and it wouldn't be long before they could strike off on their own. Chal spent most of his days with Jai, while spending most of his nights working down at the local docks as a dock hand. It wasn't the most glamorous job ever, but Chal had a mission, something he was working for. It took him three months of working every night, saving every penny he earned, but eventually Chal was able to buy the little ring he'd been eyeing since the first day of break.

He had hope for his future, a future with Jai, a life he wanted to live and a plan on what he wanted to do.

Chal had been so excited coming home that day. He had the ring in his pocket, and he had started planning how he would ask, already knowing his Jai would say yes. But everything came crashing down that night when Ruby came home.

She was leaving, quickly, with a sailor she had met on the docks. She was running away, to the other side of the world, and she was never coming back. She was convinced she didn't need to finish school. Chal agonized over his decision, his heart breaking. Either he abandoned his sister, after spending his entire life protecting her, living for her, doing everything he could to give her a good life. Or he had to leave behind his soul mate, the love of his life, his entire heart.

Chal couldn't stop crying as he wrote out the letter, leaving the tear stained parchment next to Jai in the bed they had been sharing with the ring box and a single, red rose.

Jai,

My sweet, wonderful, darling Jai. My heart is breaking with every word I have to write. Ruby met a sailor, and they're running away together. She's never coming back. I... I have to go with her, Jai. I can't let her go alone. She is my life, the other half of me. It would destroy me to leave her. It destroys me to leave you. I don't know where we're going. I don't know when I can return. You deserve more, Jai, you deserve more than me and more than this. You are the best thing that ever happened to me. I will think of you every second of every day for the rest of my life. You are my heart, my love, my soul. I won't ask you to wait for me. We won't be returning to school. I don't know what Ruby has planned, I don't know what will happen. If ever I can return to you, I will. I don't know if you will ever have me again. I wouldn't blame you if you hate me for this. If you despise me. I wish there was another way. I wish I could see you again, my sweet Jai, but I know if I stay to tell you goodbye, see your sweet smile, hear your voice, if you asked me to stay Jai I would never be able to leave your side. Please, please forgive me. I know I will never forgive myself.

I bought this ring for you, less than an hour ago. I was going to ask you to marry me after graduation. I want- I wanted to spend my life with you. I've worked every night at the docks to buy this for you. I won't take it with me- I bought it for you, a symbol of my undying love. Keep it, and know that I am forever yours. Go back to school, my love, graduate and go to Culinary school the way you've dreamed. You can be anything you want to, Jai. You are an amazing man, and I only wish that maybe one day I can see the man you grow to be. I know I'll spend every moment aching for you, for your touch, to hear your voice, to hold you in my arms. I love you, with all that I am. You deserve so much more than this. I'm so, so, so sorry, my sweet Jai.

Forever yours, Chalcedony.

Last edited:
Everything was going better than Jai could ever think of, he and Chal were going perfectly. He was pretty sure that they were meant for each other, their relationship was way stronger than almost anyone's else, at least, that was what Jai thought. So the last thing he could have expected was Chal going away, Chal leaving him all alone. There was no way that he would do that to him unless...

Jai woke up in the late morning and immediately put his hand out to hug Chal but all he could hug was an air... He slowly rubbed his eyes to look where his boyfriend was and instead, he saw something else right next to him. Something that absolutely didn't look like Chalcedony. So he sat up and before opening the box, he took the letter and started to read it. It take less then a minute that Jai's sight was slowly blurring and reading became hard for him, but he wiped tears away and continued to read. When he reached the part about the ring, he looked at the little box that was next to him. He could have been Chal's fiancee by this time but now... He was there alone, Chal was somewhere out in the big world and the only things he had left from his love was ring, rose and a letter. And when he read the letter, it was easily thrown on the floor, the box still stayed untouched because Jai hugged his knees and finally broke into tears. He had so much to ask but no one to ask them to, so he just took a pillow and literally hit his face into it and pressed into his face. He didn't wanna appear weak but he knew nothing else on how to react to this. It hurted. It hurted like hell. Like his heart was ripped out of his chest, like part of him was taken away, like he had no future without Chal by his side. And it hurted way more than all the bullying he had ever experienced. He was going to keep both, ring and letter, as the reminding of how strong their love was, but for that moment, he didn't think about what he was going to do with them, he was more thinking on what he was going to do with himself cause now he was just a half of a whole person, his other half was somewhere in the world.

---
A lot of time had passed and Jai still didn't get over Jai. However, it didn't change the fact that life continued to go on, Jai had just graduated what meant that it was way more than two years after the situation with Chal&Ruby running away. Jai was still living at the same place, still wasn't trying to get over Chal. After he left, Jai was all alone at school, he wore that ring every second of his life because it reminded him of the person he loved the most but his parents had other plans instead of letting his son just keep crying every night. They arranged a wedding for him and even tho Jai wasn't even attracted to that girl, he had a feeling that he at least had to propose to her as normal people did. He got a new ring and just waited for her at the entrance to his home. The same one where he lived with Chal.
"So... I was thinking, you are such an amazing woman, beautiful, smart, and I think that I want to spend the rest of my life with you. Will you marry me?" the most hurting part of it was that Jai was imagining someone else in her place but he did what he had to do. Once she said yes, he let her wrap her arms around him and kissed her, it was what people who were engaged did? Right?

The last several years of Chal's life had been the longest and probably loneliest of his life. He had settled into a seaside shack with Ruby, sleeping in the living room while the three boys shared the bigger room and Ruby held the second room with her daughter. It had been a surprise when out of nowhere a lawyer had shown up with a rather large inheritance that had apparently been left to them from their parents. Ruby used her half to repair the shack, and her late husbands ship. While she searched for a new crew, she had encouraged Chal to go back and see Jai again. It had been an argument for the past month. Chal couldn't deny that his heart still yearned deeply for the other boy, but Chal wasn't sure how to face Jai again.

Eventually, though, Ruby had convinced him to at least give it a try. After a very long, uneasy flight, Chal was in Japan. He had been here once or twice, visiting Jai's family home. He was fairly certain that was where Jai would be now. Nervous, Chal stopped by a florist on the way and picked up a bit of rue. It symbolized regret, sorrow, repentance. If Jai would even see him. Chal bit his lip, twirling the sprig between his fingers as he walked, the other hand shoved deep in his pocket. He could practically feel his heart hammering in his chest.

He had just rounded the corner to Jai's house, and what he saw stopped him in his tracks. He was close enough that Jai's words floated to him from across the road, and Chal felt his heart drop into his stomach. He dropped his eyes immediately. What had he been expecting? That Jai would just be waiting for him? Of course Jai had moved on. Why wouldn't he? He was so soft, so gentle. She was a lucky woman.

Chal turned and left, the rue falling and resting on the road where he'd been standing. Chal wondered the streets for hours, lost in a bit of a haze. Eventually, he decided there was really only one thing he could do. It took him a few hours, but soon enough he found where Jai was going to school. It took very little persuasion to convince the school secretary to accept a full payment of Jai's tuition. Once he was sure the payment had gone through, Jai went back to the airport, staying there until the next available flight back to Ruby.

He was still feeling numb when he walked back into the house. Ruby might have tried to talk to him, but he brushed her off, insistent that he didn't want to talk about it. Ever. With the boys at school, Chal just climbed up into the new loft bedroom that had been built for him while he was away, dropping the curtain and falling into bed, staring blankly out his window.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back