Alternate RP Misconceptions

This is a roleplay outside of the site's canon.

Chalcedony Michaels

Recluse- Eccentric- Gardener

OOC First Name
Jess S
Blood Status
Unknown
Relationship Status
Interested in Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Homosexual
Wand
Curly Ten Inch Sturdy Pine with Billywig Stinger
Year 2013, Hogwarts Scotland

Chalcedony was never really attached to this school. They had just turned sixteen. Ruby was more attached here than he was. He followed her around quietly, tall and silent, listening often to her bright conversations with the kids around them without taking part himself. He knew it had started rumors about him. He was tall, silent, he could see how he looked brooding. He had no friends, he had never bothered speaking to really anyone. He kept to himself. After all, why wouldn't he? There was no telling how long he and Ruby would be there.

He was out for a walk, leaving Ruby alone to her latest boyfriend, when he heard a commotion. A group of boys were busy terrorizing one of the younger students. Chal put a swift end to that. He helped the other boy to his feet again without a word before continuing on his way. It wasn't long before he'd made it out to the enchanted forest. He followed a small path, before he made his way to the garden he kept on the edge of the forest. He smiled, sinking down to check on his flower beds.

Jai had just moved from his school in Japan to a new school in Scotland, and everything seemed so weird. People seemed so rude, Jai fastly got bullied. About his looks, his accent, his roots and everything he was. He was too soft, too open, too easy to take advantage of. Jai felt like he was internally bleeding, everyone was so angered, it felt like school was full of mad people and that made him not see the light side of school. He was hurting and that meant that he wasn't good enough, everyone who approached him only wanted to make fun of him, and it was only his fault. His and no one's else.

This day wasn't any different, he was surrounded by older students and when he tried to leave, he got pushed back in the circle. Jai wasn't the one to talk back or start a fight even in situation like this, so he kept trying to leave. Then he didn't even understand what was going on when he noticed that another boy finished all the bulllying and before leaving, gently smiled at him. Jai, when understood, who his saviour is, took some steps back. Chalcedony Michaels. Jai had heard a lot of rumors about him and he was scared of him, but now, he wiped off his tears and quietly followed older boy. He was scared that Chalcedony helped him to bully him himself, but it didn't stop him. And Jai finally approached older boy when he sink down to flower bed. "Thank you," Chen quietly and in a teary voice said, but kept distance from him. Rumors had their own effect, even after that little boy was scared, but he had to thank him. It would be rude and after all, Chalcedony helped him not the bullies.

Chal was surprised when he heard a voice. He looked up, his fingers in the dirt, and gave the boy another small smile. "You're welcome," he murmured, turning back to his flowers. One of them was drooping, and Chal thought it just needed to be moved. He gently dug it up before stepping to the other side of the flower bed and lowering back down. He was careful in his movements, soft and gentle. "Are you alright?" He asked, his voice rich and deep, almost as earthy as the dirt he was working in. He hadn't spoken much to anyone that wasn't Ruby. But he would make sure the new boy was alright, at least. Chal was really a gentle soul, in spite of everything.

Jai almost flinched back as Chalcedony looked at him, but he managed to stay in the same place and let out a small, unsure smile back. Something was not exactly going as he thought it could be, Chal didn't act as he should basing on rumors, he was... sweet? "Today yes, and only because of you," he lightly nodded and then looked at his hip. There was a bruise but it was covered with clothes, he only felt that it was there. Jai carefully got a little closer to him and got down. "Can I?" he quietly asked and wiped off his cheek, even if there weren't any tears anymore. "I'm Jai Chen," Jai hoped that Chal won't turn him down and won't show that he is uninterested.

Chal glanced up as the boy asked to help, introducing himself. Chal gave him a small smile. "Chalcedony," he replied easily. "Chal." He told the boy, turning his eyes back to the ground. "You can dig a small hole if you'd like. Only a few inches should do it." He held the flower gently. "This wasn't getting enough sun where it was." He explained softly. "So I'm moving it to another side, so it can have the sun it needs to grow."

Jai smiled a little bit more confident as Chal said his name too, everything was fine. He wasn't touched and everything was going way better than he expected. "Nice to meet you," he softly smiled and then listened and watched as Chal said what he can do, and nodded. "Alright," he smiled and started to carefully dig where the older boy said. He listened to his explanation for that. "What is this plant called?" Jai looked up and then at the plant.

Chal smiled, carefully lowering the flower into the hole as Jai dug it. "This is a chrysanthemum," he told the boy softly. "They're also known as mums or chrysanths. They are native to East Asia and northeastern Europe." Chal gently pushed the dirt back up over the flower, pulling out his wand and watering it just a bit. "It should do better here," he murmured, before sitting back. He offered Jai a small smile. "I must admit, I'm surprised you're speaking to me, Jai," Chal chuckled softly.

Jai nodded as Chal called his name. "Chrysanthemum," he repeated as trying it out and understood that he liked how it sounded. After that, he carefully watched how Chalcedony treated the flower. "I have seen them a lot, but I have never asked for their names. They are beautiful," he admitted while still watching how the older boy watered it. Jai had to admit that he had never seen someone who worked with flowers so gently. "No one talks to you? Why is everyone scared of you?" Jai accidentally let out a second question, he didn't want to offend him, so he tried to fastly make up. "You seem cool," Jai felt like he was the only one who didn't bully him.

Chalcedony chuckled softly at the question, pulling up a knee and draping his arm over it. "Ruby is the talkative one," he murmured. "My sister is... very social." He offered slowly. "I'm... less trusting. I suppose, between my... caution, and my appearance, people just... assume the worst." Chal shrugged. He didn't open up much more than that, not wanting to share his life story with a boy he had just met. "You just transferred here, didn't you?" He asked, looking over the other boy curiously.

At some moment Jai was sure that Chal won't exactly answer the question but as he mentioned Ruby, Jai almost let out "Who is Ruby?" and then remembered the older girl that was always so outgoing and thought that it was probably her. "Well, I think you're cool," he offered Chal a smile and didn't ask further as he thought that it was it. "Yeah, from Mahoutokoro. My parents moved here because of dad's work," he also explained why at least what he knew about the moving reason as his parents didn't really give him any details.

~next semester~

"Chal! Chal! Chal!" Jai called out as running towards the older boy with a plant in his hand. He just got back to school after the break and he had a present for Chalcedony. Jai was already used to hanging out with Chal as he was the only one in the whole school he actually felt safe with. And Chen actually wasn't sure about the plant, his mom said it was cute and Jai trusted her without a doubt but he read something about it. "It's a wisteria floribunda also known as Japanese wisteria, and it's for you." And if there was something Jai completely didn't know about then it was that this plant or tree was a highly romanticized flowering garden plant.

Chal's break had been very long and draining, and he was almost relieved to be back in school. He was just wandering the halls, going in the same general direction as Ruby had been but several minutes behind her. He was moving slow, sleepy and just dragging his feet. The crowds avoided him as they usually did, but he didn't mind. He was surprised then to hear a voice calling his name. He half turned, smiling as he caught sight of Jai. He turned. "Hello," Chal greeted, his eyes falling to the plant in the boys hands.

Chal's eyes widened and a blush covered his cheeks. "Oh, um, thank you," Chal took the plant carefully. The wisteria floribunda was often used in Japanese Kabuki theater to symbolize love, sensuality, support, sensitivity, bliss and tenderness. He swallowed nervously. "Jai, do you know what this plant means?" Chal asked, looking from the soft blossoms to the other boy.

Jai got a bit scared as he saw how Chal blushed, he did something inappropriate? However, Chal took the plant and Jai felt a bit more confident at that, everything was going to be alright, nothing awkward? "I read about support, there is any other meaning except this one?" he awkwardly asked, not sure if he even wanted to hear the answer, it surely meant something else but he didn't read that up.

Chal couldn't help but be disappointed by Jai's reaction. He pushed the thought aside. As if that could ever happen. Jai was sweet, and talented, and pretty, he wouldn't be interested in someone like Chal. Chal chuckled and shook his head. "No, that's it," he reassured, moving the plant to one hand and holding out his arm. "Do I get a hug?" He asked, giving the younger boy a shy smile.

Jai frowned a bit and then wanted to nudge him but didn't want to hurt plant. "Chaaaal! Now I know that there is something more behind it, what... Oh wait, does that mean what I am thinking about?" Why would Chal blush if the plant meant something like friendship? No, that surely meant something more and something more than friendship is bromance but that wouldn't make Chal blush. Did Jai just tell Chal he liked him romantically with that plant? Now, it was Jai's turn to blush. He wasn't sure how he felt about him but he knew that he wasn't uninterested in him. "Of course, you do! That's not even a question!" Jai immediately got with his face into Chal's chest and made himself comfortable in older boy's arms. He felt like a little kid in his arms and it made Jai just feel safe, like the right place. He didn't want to let him go, Chal deserved the best and the longest hugs that Jai could give him.

-godmod approved-

Chal chuckled. "It's usually a symbol of love, Jai," he told the boy, wrapping his arm around him as he came close. Chal crumbled as Jai tucked against his chest. He sighed deeply, melting to the floor and pulling Jai onto his lap. Chal set the plant down and curled up around the younger boy, burying his face in Jai's neck and giving a soft sigh of content. "It's so rare that I'm close to anyone," he murmured. "It's only ever Ruby and I, and she doesn't really like to be touched," he smiled softly, nuzzling in against Jai.

Jai looked a bit confused even if he already figured it out. "I knew I had to do a bigger research!" He didn't even try to disagree or try to make it look like now he regretted it. He still didn't, the plant was still beautiful in his opinion. He let Chal make it comfortable for cuddles and all he knew at that poin that he felt amazing in his arms. He also listened to what Chalcedony said and Jai just felt the sudden desire to do something. He moved a bit back from Chal to see his face and his eyes went slowly all over the Chal's face and stopped on his lips. Jai just knew what he wanted to do even if some moments ago he wasn't sure about this all, now he was. "Ki.. can I kiss you?" He tried his back to not stumble his own words and even if he wanted to get already down to Chal and kiss him, he still waited to hear from the older boy that he was okay with being kissed by Jai.

Chal almost complained when Jai pulled back, but let his arms fall loosely. He sat back, leaning his head on the wall. He looked at Jai, unsure why the other boy was studying him that way. Was there something on his face? His heart almost stopped when Jai spoke. Wait, what? Chal blushed, stammering for a moment, caught off guard and completely at a loss for words.

Jai was sure that he was as shocked about his own actions as Chal was, but Jai leaned a bit closer to him, making the space between them visibly smaller and then stopped. He still wanted to kiss him, but he also wanted to hear from Chal that he was okay with all that, but while waiting, Jai put his hand a bit under Chal's jaw and only a half on his cheek, and wanted to go over his lips with thumb but thought that it would already be too much.

Chal swallowed nervously, his heart jump starting when Jai touched his jaw. "I- um, yeah, o-okay," he breathed, nodding slightly and leaning in a bit himself. Chal hadn't kissed anyone before, and he wasn't quite sure what he should do. Unsure, he shut his eyes and waited with bated breath for Jai to make the next move.

Jai lightly smiled as Chal approved his actions and just leaned forward, and kissed Chal. It was Jai's first kiss too and he was so confused about what he had to do that he just went with the flow, it wasn't that bad right? Jai was surely enjoying that and after a moment he moved a bit back as he was missing his breath a little. After the kiss he actually started to think, what he was supposed to do now? Did he has to say something?

Chal's breath caught as Jai kissed him. He returned the kiss, shy and soft. When Jai pulled away, it took Chal a second to remember how to function. He leaned forward, wrapping his arms around Jais waist again and nuzzling his face in the boys neck. Chal was perfectly aware he was late for class now, but he hardly cared. He was warm, and content, and happy.

And it was the most relieving moment when Chal didn't say anything and just cuddled Jai, he just wrapped his hands around the older boy, pressed a light kiss on Chal's head and enjoyed the moment when there was no other reason to feel worried except that this moment will have to end. Jai was happy, comfortable and already even laid back.

Chal smiled, staying still. He pressed a soft kiss to Jai's neck, not sure how much time he let pass them by before he spoke. "You don't mind that we're missing class right now, do you? " He asked gently, not moving. He had been saddened before that he and Jai didn't share classes, but the feeling was worse now. He tightened his arms slightly, unwilling to let go. He wasn't sure what was happening between them, but he liked how safe he felt in that moment. He tried to hold onto the feeling.

Jai felt like he was passing out as Chal kissed his neck. "Do I look like I mind? I am enjoying that," he said with a light laugh and rested his cheek on boys head. If there was a falling star then Jai would just make a wish for this feeling lasting forever.

~few days later~

Boys were together again, this time they were in the tower. Jai was laying with his head on Chal's shoulder and moving his sight from the clouds back to Chal. Watching every single line of boys face and then looking up to see at what he was looking. "Oh, that looks like a frog!" It was the first moment when Jai noticed something and moved a bit to see clouds better and with his finger drew a figure of that frog. After that he looked at Chal to get the approving that it actually looked like a frog.

Chal chuckled, holding Jai closer and sighing. His herbology Professor didn't like him anyway. Chal wasn't fussed about skipping class.
~~

It had been a few days since the kiss. They hadn't talked about it, but there had been a shift in how they were together. Chal had never had anyone in his life other than Ruby. He hadn't trusted anyone. But with Jai... Chal felt safe.

They were on the towers now. Chal was resting with his back against the wall, and Jai was between his legs. Chal rested his arms on his knees, content as he watched the clouds. He followed Jai's finger, seeing the frog as the younger boy drew it out. Chal chuckled. "Maybe if you kiss it, it will turn into a Prince," he teased lightly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back