Mischief Never Smelled So Good

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eugene Smythe

OOC First Name
Payal
Wand
Walnut Wand 14 1/2" Essence of Vampire Blood
[adminapproval=8428316] October was coming to an end and Eugene could hardly believe that two months had gone by already.He still remembered his first day at Hogwarts New Zealand,how he had been so nervous and excited at the same time.He felt silly to think how he had doubted being placed in Hufflepuff. In the two months he had found out that it was a great house and had made many friends too.And now his house felt his his home just like the castle. He felt like he had been destined to come to Hogwarts New Zealand and to make so many good friends.

On the eve of Halloween, Eugene was dressed up as a Knight in a shining black armor with a sword at his waist and a huge shield. He couldn't wait to show off his costume to his friends Isla, Margo and Kaleb who were from different houses than his but they shared a knack for adventure and mischief like him. He had only met Kaleb recently at the Brightstone village where they had bonded over a clever prank idea that they had thought of just for the special occasion of Halloween. And all four of them were in on the plan now and they were going to hatch it at the Halloween feast on that night.

Eugene was practically brimming with excitement as he climbed down all the flights of stairs and finally reached the Entrance Hall. It was crowded with many students meeting each other and exclaiming at people's outfits.The hall was filled with the noise of laughter and many many chattering voices. Eugene walked around and then towards the entrance of the basement where he had asked a House elf to meet him. Eugene only had to wait for a few moments and then with a pop! a tiny houself appeared next to him.He was a young elf called Blinky and that was why he had agreed to helping Eugene.Of course the elf didn't know that it was a prank.He only thought that he was helping the young master to share home made fudge to the Slytherin students table.

Eugene grinned at Blinky and pulled out a box of Gender fudge and held it out to the elf,"Take this and when the feast starts, make sure this fudge reaches the Slytherin house table,okay?" he asked the elf making his voice polite so that he wouldn't scare the elf. "Anything for young Master Eugene." the elf said in his squeaky high pitched voice as he bowed low and then dissapeared to the kitchens.Eugene stood there for a minute just enjoying the feeling of pure malicious joy that he felt at knowing what would soon happen at the Slytherin table.He could already picture it in his brain and it looked like chaos.And it smelled like Chocolate fudge.

He moved away from the entrance to the basement and streched his neck trying to find his friends.He wondered if he would recognize them in their costumes and he was sure that he would be pleasantly surprised. Eugene had never liked Halloween before because his neighbours didn't like him much so he couldn't go trick or treating with other kids.But he was so sure that this Halloween was going to be a memorable one.For him and his friends as well as for their Slytherin victims.

It seemed to Margo as if she'd only been at Hogwarts for a very short time, and yet it was already Halloween. A natural born thrill seeker, Margo had always loved Halloween. In fact, she could safely say that Halloween was her favorite holiday. Horror movies would be on TV (at least back in the 'muggle world') and there'd be haunted houses, a plethora of activities designed to scare yourself with. That burst of fear, the increase of adrenaline as your body tries to process whether to fight or flee, the beat of your heart so strong and fast it seemed ready to burst; that was what Margo loved. It was intoxicating, the feeling of fear without the possibility of any real harm, almost addictive. And the tricks! Oh the tricks she used to pull on Halloween. Sneaking fake spiders into her teachers desk, dressing as a dummy and holding the candy bowl, ready to come to life when a trick-or-treater approached, covering her friends front yards in toilet paper, and so much more. Besides, on Halloween you could be anything and anybody you wanted. What was there not to love?

Almost having forgotten to plan a costume Margo found herself scrambling to throw something suitable together before the feast. Finding some black wire and sheer black cloth shoved in the back of a long forgotten closet the Gryffindor girl decided to fashion a pair of wings and simply go as an evil fairy. Hours passed as Margo painstakingly wove and twisted the wire together to form the shapes of two wings before covering the wire frames she had fashioned with the sheer cloth. With the wings finally finished Margo didn't have long before she needed to meet her friends for the prank they had planned, so she hastily threw together and outfit before doing her hair and, for once, putting on some makeup. With black dye in her long hair and heavy eyeliner Margo looked quite different, still pretty, but in a dark way. Satisfied with her look Margo enlisted the help of an older girl who charmed her wings to flutter on their own every so often before racing down the many stairs to meet with her friends.

Upon her arrival Margo discovered that the entrance hall was already packed with students meeting up with friends before entering the feast. Little Margo had to fight her way through the crowd, no small task when her short height prevented her from seeing where she was headed. Having spotted Eugene somewhere near the entrance to the dungeons Margo headed in that general direction, giving up on civility and shoving her way through the crowd. After what seemed ages to the eleven year old she burst in to an opening, and spotted Eugene while she took a moment to catch her breath. He was surprisingly still alone and seemed to be searching the crowd for familiar faces. Margo smiled as his gaze went right over her amused by the fact he hadn't seemed to recognize her.

Eugene looked as if he had stepped out of a fairy tale in his shining armor, so much so that Margo felt her breath catch for a moment. He looks beautiful, thought the pretty girl before shaking her head at the very thought, mentally scolding herself, What was that? Boys are gross, and this is Eugene you're thinking about. Don't be weird" A bit bewildered Margo laughed at her mental argument as she made her way over to her Hufflepuff friend. Eugene still seemed not to notice her, so Margo decided to have a bit of fun. Stealthily she crept up until she was right behind him, and just as she had done to Kaleb a few days before stood on her tiptoes to whisper "Boo!"

Finally having gotten Eugene's attention Margo shot the boy a dazzling smile, excitement shining through her green eyes. "Hey Eugene, great costume. No one's here yet?" Margo asked, curious as to where everyone was. She had thought she had taken a long time getting ready. "How did phase one of the you know what go? Anything you need me to do?" she added hopefully.

Eugene felt like almost an age had passed as he waited for his friends. But that was probably because of his excitement to get to the feast. He stood there wondering what was taking them so long. Maybe they were having a hard time with their outfits. Well that would explain it, since it had taken him almost an hour to put on his armor and tighten the leather straps to make sure it wouldn't come off. It had been a tedious job and he had had no help whatsoever. And in the end he had managed to get it right however it had been no easy task to climb down all those flights of stairs in the that heavy armour and he didn't even want to begin imagining how he was going to climb back up with the added weight of food and candy in his tummy.

He saw someone in his peripheral vision and for a second he thought he had seen Margo but then he decided that it must have been someone else since Margo's hair was brown and not black. He wondered how he would even recognize her but her height would definitely give her away.That was when he heard a Boo! whispered into his ear.He was startled but luckily he contained most of his reaction and didn't jump or even worse yelp."Margo!" he complained in a half-startled voice,turning around to face the petite little girl who had appeared behind him.

But then he actually looked at her and realized that she had dyed her hair black and had a lot of dark eye make-up on.No wonder I didn't recognize her, he thought as those blue eyes of his scanned her get up and her wings. She looked different and a bit startling but still pretty in a her elfin way. "Oh if only looks could kill..." he commented with a mischievious smile ,blowing out the breath that he seemed to be holding in a small whistle,."So it's Little Miss Mischief herself , huh? And you are supposed to be a death angel? Because if you were I swear anyone would gladly die." He added dramatically stabbing his own heart with an imaginary knife and offering it with both hands to Margo. Then he decided to end it with the dramatic flattery because if he would be caught by Isla, he would be teased to no end.

"Thanks and no they are aren't here yet. I wonder what's keeping them." he told Margo with a small smile which turned cocky again as she asked about the prank. " Phase one went great. That poor house-elf has no idea what's in that fudge. I feel kinda guilty about tricking him though, but I'll make up for it someday..." he said letting his sentence hang as he wondered if the elf might get into trouble for his prank. But Eugene hoped that no one would find out about it. "And now we wait for it to start..." he added rubbing his hands together like an evil scheming villain.

It was halloween. back home there would be a bit of a party for the children. she usually took the food then sneaked out back with her mates with her mates for some drinks and some skating. there was a fancy dress competition but that was just for kids and looses. she hadn't dressed up for halloween for years. she had thought that here it would be the same so she entered the hall dressed in her usual clothing and was surprised to see everyone almost was in costume. she wasn't. oh well. it was a silly tradition any way. she took her seat at the table between a ghost and a skeleton. she looked at the professors table as the head mistress spoke not listening but waiting for the food.
It seemed like such a waste of an evening dressing up. the food here was mixd up she first took some pumpkin pie and some potatoes then half way through that picked up a pice of fudge and ate it before continuing eating. it wasn't until she was a few more mouthfuls into the pie she started to feel uncomfortable. she shifted in her seat. something wasn't wright. people were looking at her. it wasn't that odd to be in normal clothes. she picked up a spoon and looked at her reflection, but it wasn't quite her reflection. it was like a boy version of her, or like an older version of Lowan. she looked along the table to see who had done it. as if there would be a light shining on her their head, or something. obviously there wasn't. she scowled. and kelt her head low. it was a shame that her newly shortened hair wasn't long enough to hide her face. it was starting to go red. not from embarrassment but annoyance. if she found out who did it they would no be in a good place.

A little disappointed Eugene hadn't squealed like when the frog landed on him all those weeks ago Margo laughed good-naturedly at her friend's complaining tone. "Now, now Eugene, it is Halloween. Can't go through a Halloween without getting at least a tiny bit startled or it just doesn't feel like Halloween. In fact, I really did you a favor, now you're in the spirit of things," Margo replied, trying and failing to keep her tone serious, like that of a teacher scolding a student. Up close the Hufflepuffs costume was even more impressive, just like a real suit of armor. The tiny Gryffindor found herself wishing she'd taken a bit more time to put together her own get-up.

The feeling only intensified as Eugene's blue eyes took in her costume; Margo felt herself growing a bit warm. She wasn't used to being looked over directly as she was usually part of a pack. It's not that Margo much minded the attention, it's just that she wasn't quite sure what to do with it. Hopefully that was something Quidditch would help her with. Bracing herself for some snide remark about how her costume was unimpressive or something to that extent Margo was pleasantly surprised by Eugene's actual actions. The mischievous smile seemed to suit Eugene well, giving his handsome features a sort of devilish charm and his words did wonders to boost Margo's confidence. Margo bit her lip to keep her grin from growing too wide, but burst out laughing at his pantomime of stabbing himself. The laughter was quite loud, drawing the attention of some passerby's. Margo simply shot them a stern yet not unfriendly look, sending them back to minding their own business. Turning her attention back to Eugene, with laughter still hanging at the edge of her voice she said, "Miss Mischief huh? I like that. Well, I was going for pixie, but I suppose angel of death works just as well".

Frowning slightly upon hearing of Kaleb and Isla's current absence Margo stood on her tip toes to try and get a look around. It was hopeless. Even on her tip toes Margo was still shorter than most first years. With a sigh she fell back on flat feet, shaking her head slightly. "I wonder were they could be. It really isn't like them to miss out on something like this. I swear if they chickened out I'm going to prank them mercilessly for the rest of the school year," Margo stated a bit disappointed. However, she highly doubted they wouldn't turn up at some point. Felling a bit ashamed that she hadn't even thought of the repurcussions the poor house elf might face, Margo tried to console both herself and Eugene, "I'm sure the Professors will realize it wasn't the poor things fault. I'll tell you what, if worse comes to worse and the little fellow get's blamed, I'll take the fall. I've earned enough house points for Gryffindor that they can't be too mad if I loose a few." Margo sincerely hoped it wouldn't come to that though.

A quick glance over at the Slytherin table proved that their prank was already starting to go in to effect. Pretending to look at something else Margo watched out of the corner of her eye as an older girl slowly transformed, her hair seemingly retracting into her scalp and her features changing slightly. Turning away before anyone else seemed to notice the Slytherin, Margo leaned in close to Eugene, speaking in the softest possible voice, barely above a whisper, "Don't be obvious about it, but look over at the Slytherin table. It's working!"

Eugene nodded and agreed with Margo as she said that her little scare had put it into the the spirit of things.He knew one thing for sure now that he would be on the look out for any more scares.He walked with Margo leading her towards the entrance of the Great hall.The decorations inside were wonderful.Jack-o-lanterns were floating in mid air grinning and leering at the students.Hundreds of bats were swapping around the ceiling of the room and there were cobwebs hung as decorations along with the torches in their brackets.Eugene took in the decorations and the students who were now settling down on their house tables.One could hardly tell which students were from which house and they all seemed to be mingling together on the tables.Even some Professors had come down from the staff table to mingle with the students.

Eugene enjoyed watching Margo blush because of his compliment.It brought a very pretty pink colour to her cheeks and made her look even prettier.Eugene laughed along with her and they stood at the entrance of the hall watching the festivities inside."Yes, Miss Mischief is going to be your nick name from now on." he declared." All Hail Miss Mischief!" he cheered pumping his fist into the air.He felt happy somehow that it was his first Halloween at school and he wanted to make it a memorable one. He scanned the crowd outside the hall along with Margo but he couldn't spot them either."Oh well, I'm sure they will turn up sooner or later. Shall we go take a seat?" he asked her because to be honest,the sights and smells of all that candy and food was tempting him. He had always had very good and strong teeth so he didn't want any cavities but he could imagine himself taking some of those less perishable sweets up to his dorm and storing them for weeks while he ate some everyday.

"You must not think very much of me if you think I would let you take the blame." he commented in a matter-of-fact voice when Margo said that she would take the blame for the house-elf.Eugene was a prankster yes,but he was also a perfect English gentleman who would never let a lady take the blame of the mischief that he made. "We're all in this together Margo." he reminded her in a serious tone and then added a smile to assure her that he hadn't taken any offense. And then Margo told him to look over at the Slytherin table.

He followed Margo's gaze and saw an older Slytherin girl rapidly changing into a boy.Her hair became shorter and her features became more boyish.Even as a girl, she hadn't been pretty and now as a boy she looked downright awful.And the boy was wearing girl's clothes.Eugene tried to contain his laughter as she lowered her head obviously trying to hide.But other Slytherins had spotted her and were now gawking and laughing at her or rather him. "She's a very ugly boy,that one." he commented while laughing silently with a hand in front of his face to hide his laughter.

OOCOut of Character:
Sorry if this is short, I just got home from work and have to be up again in 5 hours to go back, so I'm posting as quickly as possible :doh:

Margo followed Eugene into the great hall, more than satisfied with her new nickname. As she entered her green eyes darted around, trying to take in everything at once. The hall always looked great, but tonight it was amazing, the sites and smells intoxicating. Smiling joyously Margo did a slow turn around, enjoying the site of the flying bats, floating jack-o-lanterns and tables piled with sweets surrounded by students in nearly every imaginable costume. This was easily shaping up to be one of the best Halloweens of the young Gryffindor's life.

Margo's eyes went wide, becoming nearly as large as small saucers at Eugene's response to her offer to take the fall. The pretty girl began stumbling over her words trying to explain, "Oh no, not at all, I think quite highly of you! I just meant... I mean.... I know you don't want to loose any points for your house and Gryffindor's in the lead anyway..." Margo trailed off, not quite sure of how to further explain her feelings. Margo was used to being the leader of things, and as such felt it her duty to take the fall when things went wrong. It just came naturally, being as protective of her friends as Margo was. Unsure of what to day, Margo simply smiled up at Eugene, her eyes overflowing with warmth. "I'm glad. It's nice to be part of a team," she told him.

After a while of avoiding looking at the transformed Slytherin, making sure that no one would take special not of Eugene and her and guess that they were behind it, Margo turned around to see their handy work. Seeing the girl hiding her face Margo felt a tinge of guilt. She didn't want to hurt any ones feelings, just have a bit of fun. Those feelings prompted her to say something. "Oh come now Eugene, no need to be mean. She isn't that bad looking of a boy. Just not handsome like.....others," Margo finished, stopping herself from saying what she had really meant; that the girl boy wasn't as handsome as him. Despite her words however, Margo couldn't help but laughing a little along with Eugene as she scanned the hall looking for the next victim.

Anna hated crowds. She didn't enjoy being at the Halloween feast, and she wasn't enjoying Hogwarts. She liked the education part, of course, it was interesting enough (except Flying - the Flying Professor could go hang, for all she cared), but she hated being in a foreign society, and she hated people, and she hated having to speak in fluent English all the time, and she hated people. Well, the other first years.

Sulking, Anna picked up a piece of fudge sitting on the Slytherin table. She usually kept a close watch on what she ate - she'd done ballet back home, and it was very important to watch what she ate - but she was feeling so utterly miserable that she just wanted a small bit of comfort with a sweet.

Big mistake. As soon as she ate it, she felt rather odd. Her long, light hair shrank, and she felt her body shifting and turning decidedly more...male. Instead of the little girl in the fake blood stained ballerina costume, there instead stood a boy.

Anna screamed, rogue tears appearing in the corners of her eyes. She was right, she thought, not wanting to be friends with anyone. Everyone at Hogwarts was utterly awful. She swore to herself, her vocabulary a lot wider and more colourful in Afrikaans. "I'll kill you," she sobbed, hiding her face in her hands. "Whoever did this, I'll kill you!" Trembling, she punched the table with a shaking hand. She was never going to go to another Halloween Feast, ever again.

annoyed Myuna looked up and down the table again trying to work out who had done it. the slytherins were meant to be the sly mean hose but she didn't think she had p**sed anyone off, at least not yet. looking again she saw a girl now a boy upset and shouting at the people in general. she tried to hold back a snort, (s)he did look ridiculous in the tutu. this girl she sounded south african it seemed like una would never get away from the south africans she then wondered if she was related to albe. either way she was at the other end of the table. so it seemed unlikely that it was her being targeted. she looked up and down the table again. for the culprit. it have better not be a sytherin where was their mateship. you were meant to stand up for your house like you would your mob. if it was a slytherin surly they would have targeted another house. maybe it was another house that targeted them.
looking across at the other house tables. the first table was the hufflepuffs. from what she had heard about them they were a bunch of wusses. they wouldn't have done it. next came the ravenclaws. they were smart, and probably would have been able to plan it, but it seemed unlikely as why would they attack slytherin. from what she knew about being in the school for a few months plus what she had learned about the houses before. they were the house slytherin decided to leave to their own business. the next house would e most likely. she scanned the table there were a few people laughing like there were on every table. she was sure it would be a gryffindor behind it. she cot up. a scowl on her face and picked up a block of the fudge. before marching right over to the gryffindor table. as she passed the girl in a tutu she paused. "you'll be okay mate. it'll wear off in a few minutes, an' you don' look too bad" she said before marching over to the red table. "which o' you good 'or not'in gubbas did this ay?" she said her australian bush accent and slang coming out strong and her tone was sharp and carried the anger of a shout but was more of a hiss.

Albie, unlike his sister, loved parties and feasts, and even though he didn't have a costume (he'd acquired some false vampire teeth and thrown on a cape and called it a costume), he was enjoying himself regardless. And when he saw that some people had pranked the Slytherins by giving them some fudge that made them change gender, Albie couldn't even be mad. He found it hilarious. Poor Anna, though, freaking out over being a guy. Popping a piece in to his mouth with a shrug, Albie walked up to his sister and whispered in her ear "hey, you're the best brother a guy could ask for."

Before she could punch him, he slipped out of the way and over near Una, who had also turned in to a guy. He himself was feeling a little odd, and looking down he could see that he had turned in to a woman. Chuckling, he tapped Una on the shoulder. "I see you saw my little brother there," he winked. "Whaddya think? Reckon I could be a supermodel with this body?" Sobering up a little, Albie fought to keep a straight face. "You make a very handsome man, might I add. Pity we'll just have to take revenge on the kids that did this, really."

It was, perhaps, the prankster's largest mistake that evening in placing the fudge anywhere near Jai Dionysus. Jai was legend even in other houses for being the foulest tempered young man to ever school at Hogwarts New Zealand. It was more fortunate for him that he'd never participated in the Halloween festivities, or else he would have ended up exactly like the poor Slytherin first year who was throwing a well-deserved tantrum at the other end of the table. Jai was picking sullenly at a cauldron cake while the rest of the house bustled around in their costumes, laughing and joking like normal people. He scowled at them individually before reaching for a piece of tantalisingly placed fudge in the middle of the table. Jai was no sweet tooth, but it was a special occaision, and they very rarely got plain muggle sweets at Hogwarts without them containing something stupid like cockroaches. He sat there, grumpy as always and oblivious to the small pockets of chaos erupting around him, until one of those pockets enveloped him.

Jai had only taken one swallow of fudge before he began to feel rather odd. He'd never had to brush hair out of his eyes before, but suddenly the plate in front of him was filled with annoyingly thick curls. What the hell is it? thought Jai. A hair-growing hex? As it turned out, it was much worse than that. Things that dangled no longer dangled, and things that usually stayed put began to wobble.
"What in Merlin's great garden castle is going on?" mumbled Jai. No one was paying any attention to him, so no one noticed when a tall, broody-looking female looked down 'her' shirt. For the first time in his life, Jai blanched: from the tips of his toes to the roots of his hair. A thunderous expression appeared on the strangely handsome looking girl and the fudge disappeared into goopy oblivion in a fist. He finally looked up to see what all the fuss was all about in the midst of his own crisis, and the answer was more apparent to the seventh year than it was to the younger Slytherins. Jai stood up and suddenly his surrounding housemates had reverse magnetism. They gravitated away from him and parted like the Red Sea, as he pushed his way through the happy teenagers.
"Shut up," he snapped to a crying first year boy (who was bizarrely dressed in a tutu). It was easy enough to pick the victims of the Halloween prank. Jai marched straight towards a dark-skinned 'boy' and a fifth year Slytherin before grinding to a halt.
"Not these ones." growled Jai to them both, staring directly into a group of Gryffindors who scattered like fleas. The terrifyingly tall 'woman' cast sharp brown eyes around the seething crowd of students to hone in on a pair of first years, and 'her' accuracy was uncanny. There sat the two kids, neither in the fuss or away from it, looking just as amused as everyone else but questionably not surprised. Jai didn't hesitate. There were a few gasps as he flicked out his wand and practically teleported to where there were sitting. He was chillingly silent with his wand pointed directly between them, ready to point to either of them at any moment.
"I bet you thought that was real funny, didn't you?" said Jai quietly. He ignored the wayward curls in his eyes as the list of hexes he knew began flying through his head at lightning speed.
OOCOut of Character:
I'm bringing in Professor Blackmoore after this. Feel free to post, but fear not for the firsties!

Eugene couldn't help but think of how cute Margo looked as she stumbled over her words trying to explain her intentions.He had had a bit of a hurt-pride-moment but now it was over and he understood that Margo hadn't meant to offend him or anything.And it was true that he had been rather wary of loosing house points a few weeks back.But that had been a few weeks ago and he had steadily gotten more and more bored of being a model student.He had wanted to do something mischeivious and then when he had gone to the Brightstone village, he had been inspired in the Gambol and Japes joke shop.

He heard Margo trying to convince him,or rather herself that the girl who had turned into a boy wasn't that ugly.From her tone Eugene thought that maybe she felt a little bit guilty about the prank. Eugene had been bullied a lot by muggle kids for being different.And he had long since learned to not feel guilty about pranking them.And Slytherins were exactly that,a bunch of bullies who deserved to have people laugh at them just like they laughed at others.Of course there might be some Slytherins who were better than the others but since they decided to stick with their house,they got pranked too.

Eugene noticed another girl turn into a boy.He had seen her in his classes before and he remembered her being scolded by the Flying Professor for being rude or something and she had seemed to hate flying for some reason.Eugene laughed out loud as she turned into a boy in her ballerina costume. "And there is the most handsome ballerina of all time." he told Margo directing her gaze towards the girl who had just turned into a boy.It was hilarious to watch her reaction as she screamed in her weird accent and swore in some foreign language.Most of the other students at the tables were laughing.He went over to the Gryffindor table which was farthest from the Slytherin and took a seat beckoning Margo to sit next to him.It seemed that there were many students from other houses at the table so Eugene didn't feel odd about sitting there.

A bit of colour drained from his face as the first Slytherin girl turned boy came marching over to the Gryffindor table demanding to know who had done it.As a boy she looked even scarier as she was stockily built.Eugene composed himself and tried not to crack up again as that wouldn't be too wise.And then a boy Eugene saw a boy pop some of the fudge into his mouth but he actually seemed to know what would happen.And he seemed to find it funny too.Eugene watched him as he turned into a pretty girl and walked over to the older Slytherin girl turned boy to talk to him.

Eugene couldn't believe that the boy was actually joking about it.It said something about how all Slytherins weren't seriously lacking in the spirit of Halloween pranks. They weren't exactly standing close to them but Eugene could hear the boy's comment about taking revenge.He thought that was ridiculous since they didn't know who was the culprit yet. He wanted so badly to make a witty comment at the two Slytherins but he couldn't think of any that would be good enough for the situation so he just kept quiet and decided to enjoy seeing them get frustrated.

But then a fourth Slytherin came up from the other side of the hall.Eugene couldn't control his laughter as this one was a rather large girl who seemed to be very angry.Eugene should have exercised some control but it was just so funny because this girl had definitely been a guy and a very mean one.Even Gryffindors were scattering as he/she came to the table.And then to his horror, the guy/girl somehow seemed to guess that it was them and came directly towards them with his/her wand out.Eugene didn't bother to hide his laughter anymore.When the guy/girl asked if he thought this would be funny he gave him a very mocking look and said,"Of course I did and I suggest you look in the mirror and you'll see what I'm laughing about." he told the guy/girl unflinching as he stared directly in his/her face.He wasn't going to be scared because that would only make the Slytherin think he was guilty (which he was in fact). But he refused to be scared of the Slytherin.He was sure that the Slytherin could hex him any time but also there were many teachers around and he/she would definitely get in trouble if he tried.

OOCOut of Character:
That sounds awful Amy :x But it's not short really :) and sorry my reply is horrible :unsure:

Myuna saw someone coming up behind her. it took her while to work out who it was. in fact it was only when she talked that the was certain it was albe. "that was your sister brother, I thought it may have been" she said realising that she was right. when she said that he should be a modal she scoffed "albe, you should enter be miss bloody universe"" she said smiling, the presence of Albe distracting her from her mission.
thankfully another girl came over and pointed to a group of first years who seemed to be so obviously not looking whilst looking that i'm must have been there. she walked over to them "you 'right there? my bruddas are saying you have been makin a few problems for my mob". she looked at the group of them "you look like you are about to crack up. maybe you should eat something. I heard that the fudge is pretty good today." she said picking up what was obviously two peaces and ate them both trying to make it look like one so that all that was left was the slytherin one and she offered it to the whole group. "have a try" she said through her full mouthful of sticky fudge. "go on" she said raising one eyebrow in challenge.

At Una's comment, Albie's grin threatened to break his face, and he gave a very awkward, kind of manly curtsey. "Thank you, thank you! My first act as Miss Universe is to bring about world peace!" he exclaimed, in a very affected, high pitched voice. Clearing his throat, he tried to look a little more serious as that huge dude(ette?) from seventh year headed right for a couple of firsties, followed by Una who threatened them with the fudge. Albie gave a low whistle. He was glad he wasn't the first years at this point, neither of them were the type of people he'd want to cross.

He gave Anna a quick reassuring hug before she ran off to the dorms, before sauntering over to join the others at giving the young kids a hard time. "Funny, funny. I applaud your guts," Albie drawled, hanging back behind the other two. "You upset my sister, though, so I guess all I have to ask is this: ever been beaten up by a woman?" He quirked an eyebrow, nodding his head at the fudge Una was offering. "Go on. Take the fudge." His mouth still smiled, but his eyes sparkled with a mix of mirth and maliciousness.

Aside from a few Slytherins who seemed to be taking the prank rather too seriously, the 'Great Halloween Prank of 2032' as Margo had taken to calling it in her head, was going off rather spectacularly. The snakes were morphing left and right. Turning to look where Eugene was pointing Margo nearly lost her composure. She felt a bit bad for the young Slytherin, but the site of a 'boy' in a tutu was just too funny. Where in the world were Kaleb and Isla? They were missing all the fun!

In the midst of little Margo's laughing, things started to take a turn. The girl she had tried to defend earlier stormed over to the Gryffindor table, demanding to know who was responsible. Immediately Margo's guilt vanished. Of course the slimy slytherin would automatically assume a Gryffindor was responsible. What would she think if she knew that a Hufflepuff had been the mastermind all along? In response to the now male Slytherins tirade Margo whispered to Eugene, "You know, I didn't realize it until just now, but I must agree with you. She does make a rather ugly boy. I dare say it's an improvement though. She should really be thanking us." The words were a bit harsh, but the Slytherin was trying to intimidate innocent Gryffindors, and that was unacceptable.

Margo rolled her eyes as more Slytherins came over to the table making threats, one coming right up to Eugene and herself. This one obviously thought he she was something special the way he was pointing his wand right in their faces, as if he would really dare attack a couple of first years in front of the entire Great Hall. Crossing her arms over her chest she burst out laughing at Eugene's response, her fondness for him increasing. Thank Merlin she was in this with someone who had guts. Why Eugene wasn't a Gryffindor was beyond her. Her laughter was, however. short, as her own temper started to flare up. Here was a giant boy, easily two feet taller than she was, threatening her. No one was going to threaten Margo Liddell without receiving a harsh verbal lashing. "You know, he's right, and I bet if you pulled that stick out of your bum long enough to stop being so self involved, you'd think it was funny too. I bet you think you're a real big man threatening a couple of firsties, don't you? Oops, I guess I should have said woman, eh?" Margo added rather sarcastically. "Go ahead and curse me. Show everyone here how much guts you have, picking on a little girl because you can't handle a little trick on Halloween," Margo's voice had been serious and calm during that last bit, and she had meant every word.

The ugly boy who had been a girl stormed over, following the crowd, followed by a girl she hadn't seen change, but assumed must have recently been male. What was it with these Slytherins? One boy assumed she and Eugene were at fault, and they all fell in like little lemmings. Maybe they should change their house logo. Margo had previously had at least a little shred of respect for the boy who'd seemed to be able to see a bit of humor in their prank, was even beginning to think that maybe she should get to know a few Slytherins, that maybe they weren't just a group of bullies who picked on the weak. All of those notions were wiped clean as he too came to threaten them. Turning on him she spat, "Oh? Is that you're excuse then? You going to tell yourself it's cool to beat up eleven year olds because you were a girl? Salazar Slytherin would be so proud to see whats become of his house." Sarcassm dripped from the Gryffindor's words. In Margo's view, they were making much ado about nothing, taking it quite a few steps too far. It was Halloween. Pranks happened.

Rolling her green eyes Margo looked at each of the serpents in turn. Did they really think to get their revenge by asking for her to eat a piece of the stupid fudge? This was too easy. Turning to the girl with the fudge Margo snatched it from her. "Is this what changed you then?" she asked, continuing, " Would it make you fell better to see a Gryffindor change too? Fine. At least Gryffindors know how to take a fricken joke." At that, she shoved the fudge in her mouth, waiting for the change to begin before she climbed up onto her table. Cupping her hands around her mouth, Margo shouted, "Hey everyone! Look at me! I was a girl and now I'm a boy, isn't that awful?!" Margo then turned to Eugene and asked, "How do I look Eugene? Think I could be a lady killer?" She stuck a little pose before offering him the other piece, "You want some? We could be the best looking pair at this feast if you'd be my lady for the night." With that she turned back to the Slytherins and asked, "Does that make you feel better?"

Jai's hand was shaking as he leveled his wand out between the two.
"So that's your game is it, you snub-nose little skeevers? Clever first years, tricking the Slytherins and making yourselves feel a whole lot better about yourselves because you got one-up on Halloween," he paused.
"Do you see that?" Jai bellowed suddenly, flicking his free hand towards the crying Annaliese. "That's the funniest part, isn't it? The humiliation, the shame of it on Halloween?! A trick amongst friends I understand, but you targeted a house house with your ridiculous prejudices just to have a laugh at their expense." The curly haired 'woman' that Jai had been was starting to fade back into his dark-eyed, furious visage.
"Someone ought to teach you a lesson about respect." He didn't even glance sideways when the two fifth years came to join him, and didn't flinch when they taunted the first years with the fudge that they accepted. He'd lost his temper and was unlikely to find it that night again. Halloween was usually a holiday to ignore, but this year it'd come with dark memories. All their talk about beating up on first years meant nothing to him since they'd waved their rights in his eyes, with their smarmy talk and self-righteous behaviour. Jai no longer hesitated.
"Entomorphis!" he snarled, casting directly towards with unrepentant Hufflepuff.
OOCOut of Character:
Please give me a moment, I'm bringing in Professor Blackmoore now.

Most of the professors had been watching the shenanigans with amused glances. Simon felt a little bit bad when he realised that it was only the Slytherins being targeted, but he had to admit that it was a rather clever prank in keeping with the Halloween spirit. He'd been the target of quite a few practical jokes so far into the evening, and had scared quite a lot of people with his costume, in turn. He'd since pocketed the mask and was wandering around the staff table with a butterbeer in hand, chatting to his colleagues and giving compliments to the costumed staff members. A small commotion caught his eye after a few Slytherins found themselves rather changed, and he frowned as he saw one unfortunate first year collapse into tears.
"Hang on, now," he mumbled to a fellow professor beside him, and nudged them to get their attention. "This's turnin' a bit ugly."
Simon's sharp eye soon caught one serious-looking Slytherin man turning into a weirdly attractive female. His chuckle soon went sour when he noticed the look on the wizard's face. It was downright murderous. Simon left his seat to push his way apologetically through the crowds of students in order to make his way to the scene of impeding doom.
"'Scuse me love, 'scuse me," said Simon while interrupting two second year girls in a huddled conversation to pass through. He could see the seventh year heading towards two kids surrounded by a pair of fifth years. Ahh, thought the Professor. So this is the source of the trouble. His face turned very serious when a wand made an appearance. The seventh year shouted, and Simon started to jog. Just as a rather nasty insect-morphing spell shot out of the threatening wand, the Muggle Studies professor skidded to a halt beside the group and shouted "Protego!". The shield charm expanded throughout the hall and all semblance of conversation ceased. The entire hall was deadly silent except for Simon as he paused to duck the reflected spell. He stood slowly to his full height and glared down at the group.
"That is enough." said Professor Blackmoore. "Tricks or no tricks, there is absolutely no justification for attempting t' hex a pair of first years," he said furiously to Jai. "Mr Dionysus. It's off to bed with you, fer now, and twenty points from Slytherin. Don't think ye'll be avoiding a visit to the Headmistress, either. And as fer the rest of ye," added Simon as the shield charm faded into a soft blue mist. "I would have thought ye'd need a bit more proof before goin' after th' supposed culprits." said Simon to the fifth years before glaring down at the young pair of tricksters. "But I can see that ain't necessary. 'Ye had a good joke goin' on, I'll admit, but that sort of thing is best kept amongst friends, not an entire house."
Simon paused for emphasis as he looked very seriously at the Hufflepuff and the Gryffindor. "Ye've not made yerself any friends in Slytherin house, and 'tis not the way to end your first year in Hogwarts new Zealand. If this's what 'ye want t' be remembered for, then go right ahead, but I suspect ye'll find yerself in more trouble than 'ye bargained for in seventh year. Ten points off apiece. That's the end of Halloween night fer you two."
Simon gave the two fifth years a meaningful look to say The joke's over now, carry on. If they had any sense, they wouldn't go thinking about revenge on two first years. He feared that more had been started than anyone could avoid. Conversations started again in the hall, infused with whispers and hurried glances. He'd be having a rather good night before this point, and Simon shook his head before moving off to comfort the Slytherin first year, who was now looking very female once more.

Eugene could see that Margo wasn't going to take the older's Slytherin's threat quietly either and so she gave them quite a bit of lashing with her words. Eugene couldn't help it as a crooked smile reappeared on his face through when Margo challenged the seventh year Slytherin boy/girl to hex her. She really had some guts but Eugene didn't want her to get her either so he tried to draw the boy's target away from her by saying,"If you want to be so big and scary, hexing her won't earn you any points. And If you all think you are so smart storming over to accuse the Gryffindors then you should know that I'm a Hufflepuff and this was my idea.And I don't regret it one bit." he told the boy crossing his arms over his chest. He was wearing armor maid of iron and he was sure that he couldn't be hexed unless it was pointed at his face. And he wasn't going to let

Eugene turned to face the dark-skinned girl/boy with the wierd accent who seemed to think she was so smart trying to force them to eat the fudge.Eugene had tried the fudge himself when he had bought it and he wasn't afraid to eat it at all. "Oh sure I'm sure I'd make a prettier girl than you ever were." he told the girl acidly hoping she would feel insulted enough by now.He was surprised when Margo took it though and climbed onto the house table and called attention to herself.She turned into a boy who was short and had a cute round face. Eugene grinned up at her and said "Definitely, I'm sure Isla would swoon if she saw you." he told her with a laugh.He took a piece of fudge from her and ate it.Instantly he started feeling changed and he knew how he would look.He had grown out his hair for his costume and now he had waist length sandy brown hair.And he could also feel his body changing but he tried to forget about that.He flipped his hair over his shoulders and climbed up on the bench where he had been sitting."Really? I'd love to!" he said gushing in a high pitched girl voice.

Then he turned his head to stick out his tongue at the seventh year Slytherin and his eyes widened as he saw the Slytherin throw curse at him. He threw his arm out and pulled Margo behind him.But suddenly out of no where a transparent barrier appeared in front of him and deflected the spell. Then he noticed the Professor who had come charging over to their table. He couldn't help but be a little glad. He enjoyed a few moments of happiness as the Professor began to tell off the Slytherin who was apparently a Mr Mrs.Dionysus. He stuck his tongue out at the Slytherin who was now turning back into a boy. And then the Professor turned on them and Eugene took the scolding silently. He didn't agree with the Professor one bit about keeping the joke between friends. Why would he want to prank his friends while there was a whole house of bullies right there who deserved it. He felt a slight twinge of guilt for the first year Slytherin girl who was crying but if she couldn't take a joke then she shouldn't have come to the school in the first place. But when he took off points from both the houses Eugene didn't feel really guilty. He had earned a lot of points that year and he could earn the points back. He definitely wasn't afraid that he had made enemies in the Slytherin house.Honestly,who wants to be friends with a Slytherin anyway. he thought as the Professor dismissed them from the Hall. He gave one last acidic look to the Slytherin and took Margo's hand to help her climb down from the House table.He picked up two bottles of Butterbeer and started heading out of the Hall. He couldn't help grinning though. The prank had great and they had p*ssed off a bunch of Slytherins. What more could a first year ask for?

Una looked at Albe, he in his girls body would have made her laugh is she wasn't already mad t the first years. "before you bring world peace and whatever, it's time to give the people responsible a taste of their own medicine" she said as she walked over to the firsties.
when the girl took the fudge and stood on the table showing off. una felt her temper rising, this girl exactly which buttons to press to really piff her off. "'s not me im flipping worried abou' i's the poor girl whos feast you just wrecked. I'll be buggered if she comes out of her dorm again tonight. an' wha's pretty anyway. blonde hair, blue eyes, gubs skin, pah, it gives no leaway for anyone else" she said the anger in her voice rising. by now her jaw was clenched as were her fists. she had gotten into trouble at her last school for beating up one of the other girls, who had deserved it for calling her family lazy abbo bludgers along with other things. now it was this girls turn.
just as she was drawing up her hand one of the boys cast some sort of spell at them, she had heard the incantation but didn't know what it did. she waited for that to take effect before striking. unfortunately its sudden stop mid air signalled the arrival of the professor. even she wasn't stupid enough to hit a first year under the nose of a professor. it wasn't that she particularly respected the professor but more she didn't want to be sent home. she continued to raise her hand to her head where her hair was beginning to slowly get longer. she stood quietly watching the professor holding a snigger back. as the two first years got punished. it was a shame the other boy lost points too but she couldn't help that. she was glad she didn't get into trouble, not that she minded trouble, she had gotten into enough of it in the past to not care about the punishment what was the worst that they could do. make her write lines, keep her in late after class, please. no she was glad she didn't get into trouble as it meant she wasn't in trouble, which either way better than being in trouble. she looked over at albe "yeh sister 'll be alright?" she asked him.

He'd stepped back a bit when the curses had started to fly. Really, he'd been getting pretty p*ssed off by the attitude of the first years. Albie was pretty great at handling his emotions - he was the exact opposite of his little sister, in that regard - but he had a bad temper on him, and while he did everything in his power to hide it, he couldn't help but get pretty mad at their attitude. Had the Slytherins just ganged up on those kids and made their life hell? Probably not, as yet. They just had some stupid house related mentality and a desire to enact some sort of revenge for nothing.

Stay calm, he thought to himself, though he was getting furious at the insults to his friend, the fact that his sister had been made a food of, and the way these dumb kids were reacting. He'd been practically thrown out of his last school, though, and now he was working even harder on behaving himself and simply working hard to do well. That included keeping a lid on his temper.

"Pity she makes a far more handsome man than you ever will," Albie said quietly, winking at the boy as he hid his tranquil fury. Glad the Professor had intervened before stuff went completely haywire, Albie let out a deep sigh. His first social high school event had proven to be...interesting, to say the least, he thought, as he slowly found himself turning back in to a boy. "Pity. I think I would've made a wonderful woman."

He let out another sigh as he looked over at Anna. "She's having a tough time at Hogwarts. It'll get better for her, she's just..." He paused for a second, looking almost sad. "I'd better take her back to the common room." Despite being back in a male body, he gave another awkward and ungraceful curtsey, a grin reappearing on his face. "I shall see you later, my good sir."

Though quite emotionally mature for her age, the fact remained that Margo Elizabeth Liddell was still an eleven year old girl. In truth, Margo hadn't meant for the prank to hurt anyone, just to have a bit of fun. Margo knew that if she were to have been pranked, she would have been startled, but then laughed it off. It was very difficult for Margo to understand how or why others reacted any differently than she would, and sometimes led her to judge others too harshly. This was not, however, the case with the youngest Slytherin.

Though the young serpent looked quite funny, and despite the fact that Margo could not quite comprehend just why the girl was crying, Margo did feel a bit bad for her. Did this cranky boy truly believe that the fun of this came from others humiliation? That was preposterous. The fun was all about having a good laugh at something silly and out of the norm. Her voice became quite serious and flat as she responded, "I don't think it's funny at all that she's crying, and I don't see how it's even a bit shameful to change genders for a few minutes." In truth the prank hadn't been that bad. It wasn't like it was permanent or horridly embarrassing.

Almost at a loss for words Margo struggled to understand what the eldest Slytherin boy was saying. Her prejudices? Was he serious? She was the one who had already been called malicious slurs simply for not having been born into a magical family. The only reason she had agreed to prank solely Slytherins in the first place was because she had thought they would have the thickest skins of all the houses. Boy had she been wrong.

Soon, the attention turned back onto Eugene, a rush of warmth and pride swelling within Margo's chest. It took guts to admit to being the mastermind behind the prank when he was facing a pack of older Slytherins. Margo had never been so proud to call Eugene Smythe her friend. Snickering a bit at the younger male Slytherin's comment about his friend making a handsomer bloke than Eugene, Margo could not help thinking perhaps a bit cruelly, yeah right, in what world.

Little Margo grinned as her friend took the piece of fudge, green eyes shining with mischievous delight. Nodding at his answer to her question Margo replied, "Yeah, Isla does seem a bit like the swooning type,"with a slight chuckle. Margo watched as Eugene's handsome features morphed, transforming him into a lovely girl with hair even longer than Margo's own. She wolf whistled playfully at him as he stepped up onto the bench, motioning for him to do a little turn. What were the Slytherins so sore about? This was hilarious!

In the midst of their fun, things just exploded. Suddenly, everything was happening all at once. To Margo, it seemed as if time slowed in those few minutes. People were shouting, hexes were flying, and the angry Slytherin girl seemed to be preparing to hit her. Despite the chaos, in that moment, with adrenaline coursing rapidly through her veins, Margo felt truly alive. A Manic grin split her face, giving her an almost dangerous look. Seemingly without a thought for his own well being Eugene protectively moved Margo behind him, effectively snapping her back to reality. In that second, Margo knew fear, pure and unadulterated. She had no idea what the hex flying at Eugene was, but she knew it couldn't be good.

Thankfully it was that very moment that a Professor chose to step in, blocking the spell just before it hit Eugene. With her fear now gone Margo couldn't stop herself from beaming up at the back of his head. He had tried to protect her! He really did look like a knight standing there shielding her. Though Margo was quite independent, she was not one of those girls who takes offense at or felt demeaned by acts of chivalry. Instead, Margo was filled with gratitude, and so she leaned forward to whisper to Eugene, "Thank you Eugene."

Hidden as she was by Eugene, and seeing that things were about to go a bit south for her friend and herself, Margo began stealthily stuffing candy into the bag hanging from her shoulder, finishing moments before the Professors attention was turned on the two first years. Aside from a bit of a talking to and a slight loss of house points, the punishment wasn't that bad, In fact, thanks to the cranky eldest snake, Slytherin had actually lost more house point than either Gryffindor of Hufflepuff. Margo had to bite back her grin as she thought of that. Sure, she was being forced to leave the Halloween feast, but so was Eugene, and the fun was over now anyway.

Taking Eugene's hand Margo was startled to feel a sort of electric current run down her arm at the contact. Deciding to ignore it, she merely smiled at Eugene, green eyes shining with impish delight as they met blue. The pretty Gryffindor walked happily out of the hall with her friend, eager to find Kaleb and Isla and tell them of all they had missed. That night, Margo had been caught, she had been threatened, nearly cursed and punched, and she had been punished, and despite all that, it had been the best Halloween of her life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back