Mind in a Whirl

Sophia Night

OOC First Name
Kathy
Wand
Carved 13 Inch Whippy Willow Wand with Unicorn Hair Core
Sophia sat on one of the benches out in the courtyard, her head bent over an open textbook and her wand clutched in her hand. She was wondering whether she should start practicing her Transfiguration spells early, considering how much trouble Rory had always said she had had with them. She had a few quills in her bag now, which was sitting at her feet, but she was hesitant to practice on them with no one around to turn them back into proper quills - if she even managed to get anywhere in the first place. She continued to look back and forth between the book and her wand uncertainly, seemingly unable to reach a decision on the dilemma by herself.

The courtyard was an alternative area for Sara to study, or relax, when the weather was good. So it was that she was walking around trying to find a good spot where to sit - even if it had to be on the grass. As long as she wouldn't be too disturbed by others, while she worked, she knew she'd be able to do everything she had planned for the day before dinner time. Sara happened to glance up, and when she did, she spotted another student sitting by themselves, but she didn't seem to be doing anything, just looking back and forth between one thing and the other. Sara frowned, she was against younger people sitting by themselves. Deciding to give the girl company if she wanted some, she went over to her with a smile plastered onto her face. "Hi. If you don't my asking, what are you doing?" the third year nodded towards the quills, her wand and the textbook. The girl looked confused and Sara wondered if she could help her at all. She looked around the same age as Lavinia.

Patrick was walking through the castle, mindlessly taking everything in around him. The boy had lost his friends and was starting to become slightly worried about them. However, he knew his way well enough around the castle now to not get so worked up about it and instead tried to seem calm as he walked through the crowds of people during break time, trying to look over the older children's heads to see if he could find them. At this point, Patrick didn't mind who he saw as long as he knew who they were and was able to talk to them. It didn't take long before Patrick fell over backwards onto the ground as he managed to run himself into an older Slytherin girl, falling onto his rear. "Oh damn it." Patrick muttered as he used his hands to pull himself back up from the dirty ground. "I'm sorry." He refrained from rubbing his rear, despite how much it hurt, and hoped that the Slytherin girl didn't mind his small interruption as she seemed to be speaking to another student.

Walking past on her way out to the greater outdoors of the castle, Rory didn't know what it was that possessed her to look over into the main part of the courtyard but she was really glad that she did. Ducking down behind a part of the wall in what she imagined looked like a ninja-style (but looked more like a person being dragged underwater suddenly by a Grindylow), she pulled out her wand and with a quick mutter lit it brightly. Peeking up over the wall again, and seeing that the best chance to attack her target was now or never, Rory catapulted herself over the wall and ran straight for the boy who had literally only just picked himself back up from falling over. "Freeze! I have you surrounded - hands up so I can assassinate you quietly!" she yelled, continuing to charge.

At the sound of someone approaching her, Sophia's head shot up and she was sure she looked much like a startled rabbit right before it leapt away in a flash of panic. "Oh, I... I, um." Looking from the girl who had spoken to her down at the book again, she then closed the cover completely, losing her place in the process. "I was trying to decide if I should begin trying to practice my Transfiguration spells early, because my sister, um, she had trouble with them, but... I don't have anything to practice on." Sophia blushed and tucked her wand away inside her robes. "It was kind of a silly idea. I should just wait to learn the spells with everyone else." After saying this she fiddled with her hands awkwardly, unsure what else to say to the older girl - thankfully, she was saved from her dilemma by the unexpected fall of someone in front of her. "Oh no, are you okay?" She put her book aside and leaned forward in concern, but the boy had gotten up again already and suddenly Sophia felt self-conscious about her reaction. She didn't know why he was apologising, but she was quickly distracted from that again anyway. Her sister had a habit of doing that.

Patrick knew the situation wasn't going to turn out well as soon as he fell. The boy however managed to collect himself and stand up, but before he was able to have a look at who the people were, Patrick heard someone speak behind him and instinctively put his hands up, a worried expression planted on his face until he remembered the game. Quickly jumping out of the way to dodge the light, Patrick's face turned a bright shade of pink, quite frustrated that the Gryffindor girl would go up to him like that clearly straight after picking himself back up. With watery eyes, the boy turned around and headed the other way, hoping he would find his friends soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back