OOC First Name
Clara
Blood Status
Unknown
Relationship Status
Too Young to Care
Wand
Knotted 12 1/2 Inch Flexible Cedar Wand with Phoenix Tail Feather Core
Emori was hungry. Like, as hungry as if she hadn’t had any food for a whole day. But the facts were this: she had eaten the three normal meals like anyone else, considering the food here was so good that she couldn’t possibly pass up an opportunity to eat it. And she had even snacked between her lunch and dinner, and therefore she really just could not understand why she was so hungry. At this hour. Em liked to eat, she loved food, but she didn’t usually get hungry before bed. Actually, she hadn’t been able to sleep that night because she felt (and heard) her stomach rumbling. She had tried to ignore it but it hadn’t been good enough. So, now she was wide awake, and couldn’t stop thinking about food. Any food - sweet or savoury, or even better, both. The Slytherin decided to go get some, otherwise she wasn’t going to be able to sleep at all, and then she’d be grumpy and tired the entire day tomorrow. She got out of bed and quietly tiptoed out of the room, hoping none of the girls heard her leave, or followed her. She thought most of them were lovely, just a bit loud and some of them, odd. She made her way to the kitchens, finding it lucky that her common room wasn’t far from the place where food was made. Not much light entered the common room but it was good enough of a location. She wasn’t particularly a fan of all of the stairs she was going to have to climb to go either outside or to class, however the fact that she had the kitchens basically next door made up for all of that. When she got there, she put a finger to her mouth when a house elf spotted her and she grinned at it before she slipped inside. She took out some ingredients, and decided maybe she would bake something. A cake, or pie, or muffins...the possibilities were endless.​

Cheiro wasn't sure how to feel yet about his housemates. Each to their own, it wouldn't make a huge amount of difference to the Hufflepuff regardless of who he'd been forced to share a dorm with. They could have been the loveliest people in the world and it still wouldn't have changed Cheiro's perception of the school. It was good to know that Evelyn was close by, but unfortunately boys weren't as trusted as the girls apparently so he hadn't been able to see if she wanted to come with him to explore the castle a bit more while the rest of the students and professors slept. It seemed to the first year like an ideal time, uninterrupted exploration. He grabbed his jacket, pulling it over his pjamamas as to not feel the draught of the old castle before creeping out of the common room. Cheiro had no intention of getting caught by anyone on patrol, although he was sure that the rules at the academy were much stricter than anything they had in place here, and as such he could avoid them with reasonable ease. The Hufflepuff found himself near the kitchens, or at least he hoped so or the smell radiating down the corridor was misplaced. "I didn't think potions were made down here," he said quietly somewhat sarcastically, after laying his eyes on a girl that was seemingly throwing together various ingredients. The odd little house elves were still hard at work, no doubt getting breakfast underway already, but Cheiro wasn't sure this student was here on their behalf.

Emori was in the middle of preparing some type of concoction, doing her very best not to be in the way of the house elves who were preparing tomorrow’s meals (already!) however it was proving to be a little difficult considering they kept using the ingredients she wanted to use. After some negotiations she managed to get her own, fairly small work station, what she liked to name it, despite it only being the corner of a counter, but it would have to do. She decided to make blueberry and chocolate muffins, two separate batches, almost not hearing the voice that had spoken. She looked up, and smiled at the boy’s remark. She shrugged. "I didn’t either," she responded, knowing full well he wasn’t being serious. "I’m making sure I‘m prepared for potions class, you know, to be safe." The girl resumed her baking, putting the ingredients together by eye, considering she did not have a recipe at hand... and the house elves had refused to lend her a book. After a while, she glanced at the boy again. "I’m actually making muffins, wanna join?"

Cheiro smiled, walking further into the kitchen and peering over the girls shoulder to see what she was doing properly. "Are you looking forward to Potions, most of all?" he asked, genuinely interested. His family had been taught remarkably differently to the students in this school, and really the Hufflepuff had no idea what to expect. The first year glanced at the ingredients she was throwing into a bowl. Either she was winging this like Eve would wing her spells, or she had done this enough times not to need the intructions. "Isn't making food like, the job for the elves? That's why they're here?" he smirked, not unkindly, although he was somewhat confused why this student was here in the first place. He didn't like to suggest it, but maybe before coming to Hogwarts, she was used to doing things like this. For all he knew, she could help her house elves at home with sorting out the meals.

When the boy asked her if she was looking forward to potions, Emori had to think about it. It wasn't one of her classes this semester, so she didn't know what it was going to be like. It seemed ages away to her. "Honestly, I'm looking forward to most of the classes, but I don't have Potions this semester if I read my timetable right," she answered the boy with a smile. She had no idea what to expect from any of them, though. She rolled her eyes but not out of annoyance when he said that making food was for the house-elves. "House-elves," she heard herself correct him before she could stop herself. She thought about the word she had just said and laughed. "Oh, wait, yeah it is their job. But I got hungry so I came here and felt like baking, so a girl's gotta do what she's gotta do," she shrugged. "I'm Emori, by the way."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back