OOC First Name
Jess S
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Wand
Eucalyptus Wand 13 1/2" Essence of Mermaid Scale:
Ren was bored, and had wandered down to the arts room. Rose was the musical one, but he found a nice spot where he could sit in the sun and work with his charcoals. He hardly paid attention to his surroundings as he lost himself in his work, enjoying his peaceful afternoon.

After settling in more to the swing of classes and mealtimes, Sawyer was feeling bold enough to poke around the school more. Theia had told him there was a piano somewhere in an arts room, and after asking for some directions from an older student near the great hall, he'd managed to find it. He'd already grabbed a seat at the bench, missing being able to just mess around on the keys like he did at home when he realized there were other kids in the room. "Hey, sorry. Do you mind if I play a bit?" Sawyer asked a Gryffindor nearby, glancing quickly down at the sketches he was working on.

Ren looked up when he heard someone talking. "Oh, hey," He greeted the younger boy. "No problem at all, go ahead," He smiled. "My older cousin plays all the time, I'm used to it." He shrugged. "My name's Ren," He offered,

Sawyer was relieved the older boy didn't seem to mind, dropping himself down at the bench happily. "Thanks, I'll try not to play too badly for you," He said lightly, glad that his impromptu audience was apparently at least used to the interruption. Sawyer didn't think he was a terrible player, but it helped when you had this one piece of music you were trying to work out to know you weren't annoying everyone by playing it over and over. "Sawyer," He said in return when Ren introduced himself, pressing the keys experimentally to check the piano was tuned and trying to remember some chords. "What are you working on?" He asked, nodding at Ren's sketches.

Ren smiled a little. "Please, I had to tune out my little sister learning to play the guitar, I can handle some off key piano pieces," He teased lightly. He looked up again as Sawyer asked what he was working on. "Drawing. You can come see if you want." Ren offered, not minding if the other boy saw his work.

"Well no one said anything about off-key," Sawyer said, before intentionally hitting a bad note and looking sheepish. "But that's cool, do you play any instruments too?" He asked. Theia played the guitar as well, so Sawyer was curious if Ren was much into music like his sister. Keeping up his polite interest, Sawyer leant over from the piano bench to get a better look at Ren's work, impressed at what he saw. "Wow, that's cool, how'd you get it all smudgy like that?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back