Mercer Manor

Taylor Mercer

OOC First Name
Taylor
Wand
Rosewood Wand 14 1/4" Essence of Hair from the mane of a Unicorn
Taylor sat in her room, aware that Aeon would be arriving soon. Mum was staying in a guest room of Taylor's Fathers house. She was upset and realistically had every right to be. Taylor got up from her bed and paced around, unconciously cleaning as she went. Her room was already spotless because of the houseelves, but Taylor took no notice of that. Stopping with her hands by her side, she judged whether to take down the pin board with all her favourite famous wizards on it. A picture of Harry Potter shook his head as if he had read her thoughts. Sighing she trotted down the huge stair case and sat on the last step. She hoped Aeon wouldnt get lost or not believe she lived in a huge place like this. Her Dad wasnt poor, owning his own successful business and being a pureblood did that. She hoped Aeon wouldnt judge her because of this.

Aeon stood outside Taylor's house, Broom in one hand and his stuff in the other. He hoped this was the right house, He had nearly gotten lost on the way but had managed to find his way again. Aeon walked up to the house and placed his broom on the ground, Then rapped loudly on the door. "Taylor? Are you home?" He called out, hoping for an answer. He had just been from Vivienne's house because she had a bit of a pool party so he decided to stop in for a while on the way. His hair was wet but it looked better that way, A kind of 'cool' look as he put it.

Taylor jumped at the sound of a knock on the door. Getting up from the steps she walked to the large front doors. Before she got there a house elf appeared in front of her and she had to stop quickly before she banged into it. "I got it." She told Clover the elf. Clover nodded and with a snap of fingers was gone. She heard Aeon call out and she pulled open the door. She grinned at Aeon standing there, but frowned slightly at the wet hair. She looked up at the sky, but it was Summer in Australia, so it could not have rained. "Hey, come in." She grinned, moving out of the way to allow him to enter. "How is everything? And why are you wet?" She asked more than a little confused.

Aeon smiled at Taylor when she opened the door and quickly picked his broom back up then stepped into her house. "Nice place!" He said, looking around. "Everything's pretty good, Just got back actually. Mum took me here from our house in New Zealand, We have two places by the way, One house there and one here in Aus. After we arrived here I flew the rest of the way. And I'm wet because I've just been from Viv's pool party, But kept wetting my hair when it started to dry." He said, leaning his broom against the wall. "Anyway, Enough about me, How have you been? I felt like I haven't seen you in ages, Even though it's only been like a week." Aeon said, wrapping his arms around Taylor and sending her into one of his big bear hugs.

Taylor smiled as Aeon said nice place. He then began a rant on what he had been doing and where he had been Taylor laughed when he finally finished. "Sounds like you've had fun." Taylor realised she hadnt been in her own pool sinse she had arrived back home, she made a note to go in as soon as possible. She was suddenly pulled into a hug and she nodded at Aeon's comment about feeling like they hadnt seen each other in ages. She then realised he probably couldnt see, so she said, "I know hey." They pulled away and Taylor thought about what she had been up to. Aeon wouldnt want to know about her Mum situation, so instead she replied. "Well, this is my Dad's house, my Mums isnt far from here, ive spent some time there, but now my Mum is staying here with my Dad while im here." She laughed a little and then cocked her head towards the stairs. "Want to put your stuff upstairs?"

"Your dad, I haven't met him yet have I? Only your Mum on your birthday. Though I think my dad met yours, My dad never really got to know people that much" Aeon said with a sigh, Then smiled when Taylor suggested that he put his stuff upstairs. "Oh yeah, Good idea, You lead the way." He said, waiting for Taylor to show him where to put his things.

Taylor smiled as she started walking up the huge staircase. "Yeah, my Dad's pretty cool. You might be able to meet him later when he gets off work, depending how long he needs to stay." She said, "Oh yeah, my Dad mentioned that he met yours." She laughed and finally reached the top of the stair case and continued on to the right, her room was at the end of the hall and there was a guest room just across from it that Taylor's Dad said Aeon could stay in. She opened the door and then bowed him in jokingly.

Aeon laughed when Taylor bowed him in and gazed around the room. "Pretty nice for a guest room, Are you sure your dad's okay with a guy staying over? Some parents just don't allow that sort of thing." He said, turning around to face Taylor.
Aeon thought about his family and what had really happened a week before. Arianna crashed into his house when they were eating dessert with Arisa, Then Kida's long lost sibling arrived. It was all too confusing at first.

"Well, my Dad's pretty easy going," She said lightly, "Once i convinced him." She finished with an exaggerated cough. She laughed. Her Dad was a bit concerned at first, but he trusted Taylor when she asked him for anything. He was such a pushover for his kids. "So where would you like to go or see first? Are you hungry or anything?" She asked, wanting to be a good host.

When Taylor asked Aeon if he was hungry he nearly burst out laughing. "You really want me near your fridge?" He asked, giving her a big grin. "Well, A tour would be nice." He said now, putting his things down and going back towards the door and looking down the hallway. "Anywhere I'm not allowed to be or anything?"

Taylor laughed, "Yeah, im the same, we have house elves that guard the fridge. When im home alone with nothing to do, its my favourite activity." She shook her head and turned to walk out of the room. She stopped in the hallway and waited for Aeon to follow. "A tour it is then, you cant go into my Dad's study. He will eat your soul." She grinned, she was aloud to go into her Dads study on very few occations and even then he didnt like it. Taylor was the only one to have been in there apart from himself. She often wondered why he didnt like anyone going in there. "Its on the first floor. The last room on the end of the left hallway." She opened her own bedroom door to begin the tour. "My room, it isnt that exciting." She said, not really being honest. Her room was her favourite room in the house, she could stay in it for many hours at a time in her own space, in her own mind.

"Oh, A study, Very secretive." Aeon said, rolling his eyes. When Taylor opened the door to her room Aeon looked around. "It's nice, For a girls room." He said with a smile, taking one more look and stepping out again. "So, Where's the kitchen?" He asked, Not being very discreet at all.

Taylor shook her head with a laugh. "Come on." She said, closing her door and began walking to the big main staircase again. She walked down them and turned left at the bottom. The dining room was the first room on the right, but to the left was the kitchen. It was smaller compared to the rest of the house, but it had more than one fridge, so Taylor couldnt complain. "Welcome to the best part of my house." She joked and nodded to Clover the house elf as she looked up startled at Aeon. She then shuffled around preparing things to eat. "What do you feel like?" She asked Aeon. There was a small table and chairs in the corner, Keith and Taylor shared the same habit of getting hungry in the night and coming to eat, so they had made the choice to put it there. She walked over and sat down in one of the two chairs that were placed there.

When Taylor asked what he felt like he didn't even need to think. "Anything smothered in chocolate or sugary. No nuts, I hate nuts." He said matter-o-factly, sitting down on the second chair and faced Taylor. "You do have chocolate don't you? Everyone has to have chocolate, And to think that some people are allergic to chocolate, How can they live without it. I'd be mental without chocolate or sugar. Well..Even more mental than I am now anyway." He said, Then realized how weird that answer was when all she asked was 'What do you feel like'. He had a habit of doing that when it came to chocolate or sugar though. Same with tea and coffee. "It's like tea and coffee, I hate coffee but I like tea, do you like coffee or tea? tea is good oh yeah I like tea but coffee is so like eeyuck I don't know why people drink it, Tea is soooo much nicer." He said, going on and on about tea and coffee.

Jessica walked into the kitchen intent on getting something to eat. She had refused to come down for breakfast, but in return she was now starving. She stopped short of Taylor and some boy who was rambling. "Who are you and what are you doing with my sister. Who knew she had friends." Jess rolled her eyes and opened the fridge after pushing Clover out of the way.

Taylor was listening to Aeon, when her sister stormed in. "Yes of course we have chocolate, as if we couldnt." She laughed with a grin. At the mention of chocolate, Clover rushed to the fridge to get some, but was pushed out of the way by Jessica. Taylor glared at her rude behaviour. "I dont drink tea or coffee." She said, her attention back on Aeon. "That is my loving sister." She pointed to the girl with a hand on her hip searching the fridge as though she might attack it. "Please ignore her presence." She said with a roll of her eyes as Jess snorted.

Aeon looked over at the girl who had just come in and pushed the house elf out of the way. Aeon loved all creatures including house elves so he gave the brat one of his 'death stares' that he used to intimidate people. "Oh yeah, Very loving indeed." He said, not breaking eye contact with Jessica and keeping his tone slightly colder than usual.
"I'll try ignore her, Or scare her. Either way works. How old is she?" He asked Taylor, The younger they are the easier to scare.

Taylor looked back at her sister for a second. "She's eight going on eighteen." Taylor scowled. She was obviously in one of her moods today. Usual her and Tay got along alright, but if Jessica was in a mood, she didnt get along wth anyone. Clover had collected some chocolate and presented it to Taylor and Aeon. Taylor gave the elf a warm smile and whispered. "Sorry about Jessica." She took a peice of the chocolate and sat back in the chair, snapping off a bite of the delicious sweet.

Aeon cheered up when the house elf gave him some chocolate. He snapped off a piece and handed it to the elf in thanks before eating his. "I'm glad I don't have any sisters, Though Kida acts a bit like one which annoys me all the time." He said with a sigh, flicking a speck of dirt off of his jeans. "So what are we going to do now?" He asked, finishing off his chocolate.

Jessica grabbed a green apple from the fridge and rolled her eyes again, one of her favourite things to do. "Taylor, tell Mum ive gone to Laura's house." Was all she said before she disappeared out of the room before Taylor had time to answer.

Taylor grumbled, Jess was going to get grounded yet again. Why wouldnt that child behave? Instead Taylor ignored it. It wasnt her problem. "Well, i dont know, its up to you what we do, i have the pool if you wanted to go swimming again, or um." There was always a point where Taylor couldnt think of what there was to do in her house. "Oh! You have see my horse later, its what my parents got me for my birthday!" She said excitedly.

Aeon gave a sigh of relief when Jessica left the room, Then looked back at Taylor. "A horse? Wow." Was all he managed to say, He wasn't one for horses but they just didn't seem very pet-ish. "We could fly around outside, Wait. You do have a broom right?" He asked, He couldn't remember if Taylor used her own broom or the schools ones in flying lessons, Not that he paid attention to the others brooms, Only on the lesson. His brother always followed him when they flew and it was annoying so he had to do things and get away as fast as he could, luckily Sern wasn't here now.

"Great idea, i havnt tried out my broom yet, surprisingly." She said, wondering why on earth she hadnt, she had only got it the other day, but the weather had been nice enough to go flying. "Ill have to change first." She said getting up and grabbing some more chocolate and nibbling on it. She began walking up the huge steps and towards her bedroom, which is where she also kept her broom. Reaching the door she looked at Aeon. "Ill just be a sec." With that she closed the door behind her and searched around for something better suited for flying to wear. She returned outside her door, in jeans and a plain grey T-shirt. With her brand new Nimbus 2001 in hand. "Ready?" She asked.

"Yeah, I'll just go get my broom." Aeon said, entering his room and picking up his Firebolt. He came back out and smiled at Taylor. "Let's go!" He said, rushing towards the door and puling it open, Then quickly mounting his broom and shooting into the air, His hair flying in all directions from the wind and his black jacket was cape like behind him. "Come on Taylor!" He called down to her, Then hung upside down on his broom.

Taylor laughed and ran after Aeon, thankful her Dad wasnt home to see them bolting through the house. She stood, in the doorway, momentarily appreciating the nice day. She mounted her broom when Aeon called down to her and she shot up into the sky. Relishing the speed of her brand new broom. She circuled around Aeon's upside down form, then shot into the air, before returning back down and hovered in the air near Aeon. "I didnt know you had a firebolt!" She said with excitement, they were fantastic brooms, but Taylor liked the Nimbus collection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back