Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Gay
Wand
Knotted 11 1/2 Inch Sturdy Cypress Wand with Doxy Wing Core
Lumio walked into the student lounge, he had a number of books under his arm but most of them were not books he needed for classes but things to read. Though the semester was quickly flying by and he should in fact be studying, he also didn't want to today and was more keen to catch up on some of the stuff that was in his to read list, a few things that his grandmother had given him to read and get familiar with. They were mostly in italian, with a little english mixed in and he knew that she was giving them to him because he lived in New Zealand and therefore hadn't gone to the italian school that would've taught him all this. Lumio sat down on a sofa and settled comfortably on it, picked up the first book and with the warmth of the first got started.

Kia had been looking for Lumio for a while. She didn't know the boy personally, but she was hoping if she asked around enough she could get a grasp on where to go. After somehow getting directed to Ajaccio, she finally got a good lead on where the right Skey was. She tried not to be too frustrated as she walked into the student lounge, spotting the curly hair she was looking for. She approached him and tried to give him her best smile. "Excuse me, are you Lumio?" she asked, stopping next to him.

Lumio glanced up at the person who approached him. He had half thought that the person speaking would be a younger student, that was usually the students that looked for him, but it was a girl, one he was sure was in his classes. He nodded and then held out his hand to her, ”I am yeah!” he greeted warmly, ”I’m Lumio Skey, what can I do for you?” he said, since she had been apparently looking for him, and he knew it wasn’t rose giving so it was certainly for something else. He was a little curious too, he hadn’t ever spoken to this girl before and wanted to know why.

Kia smiled, pleased she'd found who she was after. "I am Kiasora Cantore," she introduced herself. "Leia Hume told me you speak Italian?" She asked, wanting to verify his skills before asking for his assistance. She didn't want to just assume Leia had been right, even if she was inclined to think so.

Lumio nodded as she introduced herself to him, and then nodded in response to the second question, "I do indeed," he replied in italian since he probably did need to show that he could rather than just say it. "Do you want to talk in italian?" he then also asked in italian. He now wasn't so confident that she did speak it, but hopefully if she didn't would say before he ended up saying too much.

Kia smiled, pleased that she'd been right. She listened intently to what he said, shutting her eyes and focusing. "I am trying to learn," She replied. Her accent was passible, though her words were a little slower and clumsy. "I'm teaching myself, but it isn't going very well," She told him, looking up to him. "Could you teach me?" She asked, looking very focused as she tried to talk in Italian.

Lumio listened as Kiasora spoke, nodding along and knowing from how she sounded that her Italian was good enough, accented for sure, uncertain and would likely struggle if he spoke too fast, but probably not as bad as she thought. "Sure thing," he replied, speaking purposefully slower than he had previously. "What point would you say you were up to?" he wanted to know where she was thinking her skill was before he thought about how best to teach her.

Kia considered his question, taking a seat. "Casual conversation? If I'm focused," She offered, looking up to him with an almost bashful smile. "Though truthfully, this is the first time I have spoken it with anyone," She admitted, rubbing the back of her neck. She had been trying, but there was only so much she could do by herself. "Are you Italian?" She asked, curious about how he had learned himself.

Lumio gave a little nod, and then laughed lightly, clearly impressed with her level of comprehension if this was the first time she'd spoken with someone in the language. "Half, my mother and her whole family are Italian, spend most of my holidays there too," he told her, since that was exactly all his connection to Italy. "Are you?"

Kia was listening intently, mostly just translating as quickly as she could in her mind. "I... I am a full blooded italian." She tried to explain shyly, rubbing the back of her neck. "But... I lost my parents before I can remember. When I learned I'm Italian... I began to study." She explained. It was probably the first time in years she'd mentioned she was an orphan.

Lumio was about to ask what she was doing here if she was a full blooded Italian, since all of his cousins who were full blooded italians had said in the area to go to school. This girl had lost her parents and hadn't even known she was italian. He wondered how that happened. He was almost curious but decided to hold off on saying anything. he knew she probably didn't want the questions. "Well, I can certainly help with some of it," he said in english, keeping the conversation going in italian would be easy but he wasn't going to. "What do you most need to learn?" he knew this was more of a passion product for her, to geel likely close to her parents. "Or is just conversations enough?"

Kia sat down and folded her legs underneath her. She almost pouted as they switched to English but she rolled with it. "All of it," She told him. "I want to go to Italy someday, and I want to be able to converse with anyone about anything without having to struggle," She admitted gently. "Just, I want to know everything you do."

Lumio couldn't imagine not knowing anything about his family, sure, he didn't know his dad as well as he could but he still had some of a relationship with him. "Well, I don't know as much as people there, and then some of those people won't know much about the north of the country or the south," he said. "A lot of italians speak english, and a lot will help you out especially if you start with Italian, an effort goes a long way. But we can do weekly italian sessions to help you out?"

Kia was almost put out. She still wanted to know. But she remained silent, letting him finish. She smiled brightly as he suggested lessons once a week. "I would greatly appreciate that," She told him. "Thank you," she offered sincerely, not sure what else to say about it.

Lumio nodded, "Okay, sounds good," Lumio thought it would be quite good, he would get to work on his own italian as he helped her. His was good, but he knew he could always do with a little improvement with it. "It'll be fun!" he assured her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back